[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Wahoo...can't wait :) 

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    esha said:

Awesome!

I will surely buy it and I hope many others will, too. I do see the need to use it for custom presets, I want that too - thinking of fur clothing right now LOL. If buying this plugin helps you to continue development, that's what I'll do. laugh

+1

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,758

I also tested the Catalyzer plug-in....Works really well and makes things sooooo much easier.  All the Iray settings for the fur shaders come in all set up.  They render really well!  Plus, it really IS faster!!  As shown here....

(click image for full size)

so funny, love it, thanks for posting. :-D

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited August 2017

Will, Spyro and all the folks that expressed their opinion about a full version: I do understand, and nobody said it's not going to happen. But, again, as I stated earlier, I have to consider lot of angles. Already the Catalyzer, as "simple" as it may look, it's a complex plugin: the math behind is tough, so are the sections to bind all the operations and processes together. And even with all the beta-testing done, there is no certainty of how the application will behave on all systems. I believe whoever has a background in computer programming will agree to this.
    Building a fully featured version with current tools, well multiply those difficulties by 10 at least. That's why before delving into another massive project I want to understand if there will be further developments in the SDK and what those imply.
    In the meantime, if you feel like the Catalyzer won't do, I won't be mad at you.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • I am almost elated at being able to easily render your animals, so it's only a bit disappointing to not have the same possibilities for the furrythings presets or Rawart's creatures. I will most definitely get this plugin and I will happily accept your decision regarding further developments--I mean, at worst, I will just keep doing the same I've already been doing.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Sounds like a useful plug-in, but I do remain a little confused.  Froma what I have read it sounds liek it will only work on the presets that come with your animal figures.  To me, that implies those presets must be different in some way to anything else. And that, of course, suggests they were created eitehr in a different (later?) version of LAMH or some other LAMH-like program and that's a touch disappointing.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I totally understand your position and that the effort/reward might ultimately not pan out.

I just want to stake out the notion that initial version sales aren't necessarily predictive.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

no problem for me I will just wait and see. If it happens then great if not well so be it, nothing I can do about it. I will just stick with Garibaldi for now.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Will there be any hair presets for G8F (or G3)?

This would be very motivational. :)

• you said it'll work for all your animals will that include also the spin offs of your wolf - the husky and german shepard based on using your wolf base?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020

No problem at all AM, just expressing interest. Always watching keenly for that day! laugh

And hey this is gonna be awesome for your gorgeous animals regardless what happens! So great work man smiley

• No Genesis presets, no figures derived by my original ones either at this time. Not even some of my oldest figures are included ATM, like the Polar Bear and Ursus Arctos.
    If you want a complete list of what has been made compliant so far, here is the list:

Alces alces, Bear Cubs, Beaver, Bison, Cervidae, Fox, Giant Anteater, Kangaroo, Koala, Raccoon, Easter Hemisphere Squirrels, Porcupine, Skunk, Tasmanian Devil, Thylacine, Warthog, Wolf2, Woolly Mammoth and the Real Fur for BC2.

As I said already, the tools and process to prepare these assets and make them compliant to Catalyzer (and Iray) is not presentable nor usable for public use, and it's not a click-and-done operation. I spent lot of time to convert and prepare my own library, not to mention all the efforts and time to code the plugin itself. With time, we'll see how things go and I will decide how to proceed.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited August 2017
    SimonJM said:

Sounds like a useful plug-in, but I do remain a little confused.  Froma what I have read it sounds liek it will only work on the presets that come with your animal figures.  To me, that implies those presets must be different in some way to anything else. And that, of course, suggests they were created eitehr in a different (later?) version of LAMH or some other LAMH-like program and that's a touch disappointing.

From what Alessandro is saying, the issue isn't that the LAMH presets were created with anything other than the same LAMH program we have, (or can buy here at DAZ,) but that he had to convert the existing presets to work with Catalyzer. That means any hair you want to use with Catalyzer must be converted first. And it sounds like converting those presets was a lot of time-consuming work.

@Alessandro_AM, I'm one who would dearly love for this to work on any LAMH preset, but I'm going to throw my support behind you and get Catalyzer regardless.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • I may buy this...

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I will definintely be watching for this to come out. 

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,612

No Genesis presets, no figures derived by my original ones either at this time. Not even some of my oldest figures are included ATM, like the Polar Bear and Ursus Arctos.
    If you want a complete list of what has been made compliant so far, here is the list:

Alces alces, Bear Cubs, Beaver, Bison, Cervidae, Fox, Giant Anteater, Kangaroo, Koala, Raccoon, Easter Hemisphere Squirrels, Porcupine, Skunk, Tasmanian Devil, Thylacine, Warthog, Wolf2, Woolly Mammoth and the Real Fur for BC2.

This would definitely make using my Wolf2, BC2, and Foxes presets a lot easier (only ones I've got so far but will no doubt get more in future) - sounds great :)

(That's both arctic and red fox varieties, yeah?)

Purchase will depend on price of course (and whether release date coincides with budget ;) )

• oomuoomu Posts: 175

Hello

will it be possible to use it with iray _SERVER_ ? (iray server, installed on a networked computer. Daz Studio is a client for ray server).

thanks.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    L'Adair said:
    SimonJM said:

From what Alessandro is saying, the issue isn't that the LAMH presets were created with anything other than the same LAMH program we have, (or can buy here at DAZ,) but that he had to convert the existing presets to work with Catalyzer. That means any hair you want to use with Catalyzer must be converted first. And it sounds like converting those presets was a lot of time-consuming work.

@Alessandro_AM, I'm one who would dearly love for this to work on any LAMH preset, but I'm going to throw my support behind you and get Catalyzer regardless.

Without trying to sound liek the clang of doom, but that would not make it a LAMH to Iray converter, it would make it a LAMH to something else converter that is then able to be used, natively, in Iray, once 'further converted' by the consumer product.

• ShozaiShozai Posts: 30

Great that the catalyzer is coming out soon :) I am happy for you :)

• Because it is a step in the right direction, I too will definitely purchase the Catalyzer to help fund "further research."  I certainly can't do the necessary math myself, so I'll just try to be patient and hope for full compatibility with Iray in the future.  Until then, I will just continue to export fibermesh after fibermesh for my own presets.  Still, even that beats the original obj export, so every little bit helps!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I hope you understand that interest in this product doesn't necessarily signify interest in a product for our own stuff; I am really only interested in a Catalyzer that will work with my own creations.

Agreed. You totally had me until you said "my stuff only"....*sniff*

Laurie

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I find convert to Fibre Mesh was already straight foward but it has a problem. Example - I bought JoeQuick's Genesis Mr Mouse character. I loaded 3 into a scene. I then converted or rather tried to convert those 3 LAMH hairs attached to each mouse to fibre hair but instead it converted and attached the fibre hair to the last loaded Genesis Mr Mouse in my scene. 

So does Catalyst handle such a scene correctly for let us say the AM Kangeroo which I own since you already said Catalyst only supports AM products.

And speaking of only supporting AM products that is little incentive to buy Catalyst or LAMH really in my eye. You make something with LAMH but you can't use Catalyst. You buy a AM product well you can use the free LAMH to render the AM hair instead. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited August 2017

I honestly just want to be able to render animation using the renderman curves in 3Delight  it simply does not sync to do that.

I can already export the hair as fibers or obj so this really adds nothing new just makes it one click for some.

At present for animation I rig the exported mesh with the Transfer Utility but that is pretty fraught with issues.

I would prefer to just render the renderman curves in 3delight with an alpha background to post composite into other animations.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    edited August 2017

This does look like a great additon to the LAMH world, and will make using fur with your animals much easier. Unfortunately I own very few of your animals as I do not do a lot of wild life style renders. If you were ever to start releasing more mainsteam animals, in particular a dog and/or cat, I would be far more interested in this product.

The fact that this renders much quicker has been mentioned in a few of the posts above, but I don't see any mention of how it affects the memory requirements. Since the current system of converting the hair into huge obj files consumes a lot of memory (both internal memory, and more importantly VRAM memory), then I am hoping that the fact that the catalyzer uses internal Iray methods to create hair, I am assuming the memory requirements will be significantly lower.

Post edited by Havos on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

@Alessandro_AM, I am looking forward to this.  But does it work with the clothing made here at the Daz store?  In particular these items;

The NightQueen Wardrobe Collection for Genesis 3 Female
    https://www.daz3d.com/the-nightqueen-wardrobe-collection-for-genesis-3-female-s

Snow Angel for Genesis 3 Female
    https://www.daz3d.com/snow-angel-for-genesis-3-female

Lord of Snow for Michael 4
    https://www.daz3d.com/lord-of-snow-for-michael-4

• @Alessandro_AM, I am looking forward to this.  But does it work with the clothing made here at the Daz store?  In particular these items;

The NightQueen Wardrobe Collection for Genesis 3 Female
    https://www.daz3d.com/the-nightqueen-wardrobe-collection-for-genesis-3-female-s

Snow Angel for Genesis 3 Female
    https://www.daz3d.com/snow-angel-for-genesis-3-female

Lord of Snow for Michael 4
    https://www.daz3d.com/lord-of-snow-for-michael-4

sorry no he said further up in his thread only his animals Alces alces, Bear Cubs, Beaver, Bison, Cervidae, Fox, Giant Anteater, Kangaroo, Koala, Raccoon, Easter Hemisphere Squirrels, Porcupine, Skunk, Tasmanian Devil, Thylacine, Warthog, Wolf2, Woolly Mammoth and the Real Fur for BC2. (so far) and not the spin off animals based on his like the Husky and German Shepard that uses his Wolf2. Probably work on all the upcoming ones he's working on though

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited August 2017

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but I was under the impression that the full version of LAMH would be fixed at some point so that it worked properly with Iray. I paid for this version, have had nightmares using it, and then when DAZ upgraded stuff, it became unregistered and I have not been able to successfully re-register it despite multiple emails. 

I don't mean to sound grumpy, but having already invested money and time into this, I'm hesitant to buy these products, even though they look fabulous. I still cannot render an outfit with fur that I bought last year that used the LAMH presets in Iray. I've learned a lot about DAZ and Iray since then and have a better system. I am willing to take another crack at it, but have avoided LAMH products because of the technical difficulties and crashes. 

Your work is beautiful, and I would really love to use more of your products. I am wondering if LAMH will continue to be enhanced/fixed or if we now have to invest in this plugin to get it to work properly in Iray.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

pitty

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    Llynara said:

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but I was under the impression that the full version of LAMH would be fixed at some point so that it worked properly with Iray. I paid for this version, have had nightmares using it, and then when DAZ upgraded stuff, it became unregistered and I have not been able to successfully re-register it despite multiple emails. 

I don't mean to sound grumpy, but having already invested money and time into this, I'm hesitant to buy these products, even though they look fabulous. I still cannot render an outfit with fur that I bought last year that used the LAMH presets in Iray. I've learned a lot about DAZ and Iray since then and have a better system. I am willing to take another crack at it, but have avoided LAMH products because of the technical difficulties and crashes. 

Your work is beautiful, and I would really love to use more of your products. I am wondering if LAMH will continue to be enhanced/fixed or if we now have to invest in this plugin to get it to work properly in Iray.

I'm hesitant to speak for anybody, but I suspect that nobody wants Iray to support some sort of spline/curve hair natively more than Alessandro. It's not a feature that he can build into Iray or DS, but rather a feature that Iray/DS has to support - it's out of his hands.

- Greg

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I'm pretty excited about this and I have no interest in making my own hair, just in manipulating others' presets (even though I have full LAMH), so YAY YAY YAY! this will encourage me to pick up some older animals I don't have, too.

I wouldn't hate if, say, the Hivewire Housecat could also take advantage of this tech, but I am definitely not the audience for a tool that lets me do conversions myself. (Just to voice a different note in the symphony here.)