(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• edited December 1969

Quick response! Thank you very much.......when I posted my question the multiple pages in this thread weren't showing....of course now that I have read through all the posts the kit was in my shopping cart faster than you could say "blink" :)

Gonna go over to rendo and look for your stuff on there too, the hair/hat fix thingy might be just what I was looking for as well.

• edited December 1969

Quick response! Thank you very much.......when I posted my question the multiple pages in this thread weren't showing....of course now that I have read through all the posts the kit was in my shopping cart faster than you could say "blink" :)

Gonna go over to rendo and look for your stuff on there too, the hair/hat fix thingy might be just what I was looking for as well.

Oh dear, just tried out this product. Results not as great as I had thought they would be for rigging a long dress......okay....tried the shoe, the open toe V4.........followed instructions........Studio crashes when I click Accept at transfer utility step. Using Studio Version 4.5.1.56 64 bit. Probably a bug in Studio as I have had transfer utility crashes with other products.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Oh dear, just tried out this product. Results not as great as I had thought they would be for rigging a long dress......okay....tried the shoe, the open toe V4.........followed instructions........Studio crashes when I click Accept at transfer utility step. Using Studio Version 4.5.1.56 64 bit. Probably a bug in Studio as I have had transfer utility crashes with other products.

When you rig a long dress, use Morph, not Clone, or dial in V4 at 100% on Genesis and use Current (to avoid having to find V4 on the long list of morphs). Using Clone can result in artifacts in the middle and chunking up around the hem on very long items. The manual does mention this, but from others' input it's clear I should've put it in bold and a bigger font or something. :D

Crashing TU is not a known issue of SRMS (or I certainly hope it wouldn't have got through testing). If you're having the same problem with other products, I'm pretty sure it's probably your system.

• edited December 1969

I did follow instructions..to the letter.......I tried it with a dress for Basic Female I made, both the version I had already rigged, to see if it could be improved upon, and the imported obj. file for same. I did use Morph FBMBasicFemale not Clone. Tried again using Current as suggested somewhere else in this thread still not good. Then I tried it following instructions for the same Happily Ever After set as shown in this thread, no joy. Okay, if it works for the shoes it is still worthwhile.......Studio crashes. It may well be a problem with my system, however just using the transfer utility as supplied with Studio works okay for clothing as it is no problem to use morphs to fix the crunching issues. Shoes..... I guess I will just have to go bare foot! I'm sorry as heck that it doesn't work for me........I wish it did for sure.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I'm having serious trouble getting anything to work. I'm being as careful as I can and following the instructions.

If I autofit this the regular way, it works with the usual distortion;
    http://www.daz3d.com/aphrodite-kallipygos

When I autofit to the SRMDressBase... it seems to work... seems fine, but the dress itself no longer conforms to the genesis. If the legs bend, the clothing does not.

I'm getting this with everything I try.

This is Citizen Wicked...
    http://www.daz3d.com/citizen-wicked-hereafter

CitizenWicked.jpg
    471 x 356 - 40K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Sounds like the Auto Follow is not turned on. I had this issue when I started making morphs a while back. With out that on by default the clothing will not conform properly. If that's not the issue, only SY can answer that one, then I don't know what to suggest to you.

edited December 1969

UHF said:
    Hi,

I'm having serious trouble getting anything to work. I'm being as careful as I can and following the instructions.

If I autofit this the regular way, it works with the usual distortion;
    http://www.daz3d.com/aphrodite-kallipygos

When I autofit to the SRMDressBase... it seems to work... seems fine, but the dress itself no longer conforms to the genesis. If the legs bend, the clothing does not.

I'm getting this with everything I try.

This is Citizen Wicked...
    http://www.daz3d.com/citizen-wicked-hereafter

The legs aren't going to bend with Genesis because the templates add skirt handles. You have to bend them manually just like any other skirt handle. They are found grouped under the pelvis in your scene tab.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

Thanks... That was it. Its working flawlessly.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited March 2013

Another thing that you can do is to add additional morphs from any V4 outfit /Genesis outfit as this product keeps the original morphs.
    All you need to do is use the Transfer Utility to do so. Instead of Genesis as the source use the V4 outfit and select only Morphs (under General Options) and click on the morphs option so that you see the extra selections to the right.
    Click on both Source Morphs and Projection template Morphs and click Accept. You can select add smoothing as well.
    After it has finished you can click on the genesis outfit and under morphs you should see Imported morphs where all the original morphs are kept. Not all of them will work but I found that it helped a great deal with movement and such. When using another Genesis outfit as the source it will add the additional morphs under its original hierarchy. You can remove any morphs using property editor.

I love this product but it did take me a couple of days of re-reading the manual and the forums to get it to work the way it was supposed to (all of this info is in the manual and here in this thread). Mostly it was adding the smoothing way to high in my case and selecting clone instead of Morph Victoria4.

I now have both converted V4 outfits and original Genesis outfits with added morphs. I just finished adding a ton of hood morphs and skirt morphs to the Genesis deWinter dress and coat so that now I can pose it the way I want to. And my favorite Regency dress now has both it's original and new morphs for fitting and movement. Thanks to this product the breast area is not shrink wrapped to Genesis in my dresses and could fit any Genesis character.

Post edited by KinnieM on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Thank you Kinnie for the morph transfer info. I was wondering how to do that. YAY! :-)

edited December 1969

KinnieM said:
    Another thing that you can do is to add additional morphs from any V4 outfit /Genesis outfit as this product keeps the original morphs.
    All you need to do is use the Transfer Utility to do so. Instead of Genesis as the source use the V4 outfit and select only Morphs (under General Options) and click on the morphs option so that you see the extra selections to the right.
    Click on both Source Morphs and Projection template Morphs and click Accept. You can select add smoothing as well.
    After it has finished you can click on the genesis outfit and under morphs you should see Imported morphs where all the original morphs are kept. Not all of them will work but I found that it helped a great deal with movement and such. When using another Genesis outfit as the source it will add the additional morphs under its original hierarchy. You can remove any morphs using property editor.

I love this product but it did take me a couple of days of re-reading the manual and the forums to get it to work the way it was supposed to (all of this info is in the manual and here in this thread). Mostly it was adding the smoothing way to high in my case and selecting clone instead of Morph Victoria4.

I now have both converted V4 outfits and original Genesis outfits with added morphs. I just finished adding a ton of hood morphs and skirt morphs to the Genesis deWinter dress and coat so that now I can pose it the way I want to. And my favorite Regency dress now has both it's original and new morphs for fitting and movement. Thanks to this product the breast area is not shrink wrapped to Genesis in my dresses and could fit any Genesis character.

Great. :-) I'm so glad it's working for you now.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited March 2013

Some advice about breast problems? I had tried with bunny dazed sweater without good results. I use clone, morph and subD aproach with dress and bodysuit Sickle system templates, but no solution. Chest region behavior isn't good. It look like usual templates problems. Original bunny dazed V4 chest region had more polygons, change to genesis chest region reduced it much.

BD_problem.png
    745 x 860 - 166K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Some advice about breast problems? I had tried with bunny dazed sweater without good results. I use clone, morph and subD aproach with dress and bodysuit Sickle system templates, but no solution. Chest region behavior isn't good. It look like usual templates problems. Original bunny dazed V4 chest region had more polygons, change to genesis chest region reduced it much.

What morph is the one shown?

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:

Stalker Girl. But problem was present with genesis before I set stalkie. I suppose some no-genesis items doesn't work well with double hip cut and mini chest for genesis. Chibi girl dress, created for genesis have few polygons in chest region but work ok, and look awesome with your rendo breast fixer.

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    gilikshe said:

Stalker Girl. But problem was present with genesis before I set stalkie. I suppose some no-genesis items doesn't work well with double hip cut and mini chest for genesis. Chibi girl dress, created for genesis have few polygons in chest region but work ok, and look awesome with your rendo breast fixer.

There's going to be minor breast distortion on any item, and the simpler the geometry the more obvious it will be. I would guess that since Stalker girl is a custom FBM, it's not supported by the template, so the breasts aren't being fixed in transfer as they are with the official FBMs.

• ArkathanArkathan Posts: 65
    edited March 2013

Thanks, Sickle Yield.
    I really like how this product works.

First picture is Arkangel autofitted without SRMS. Had to pose the model turned to disguise the huge jagged edge in front of the skirt.

Second picture is with SRMS.

2nd Character is 1/3 V3, 1/3 V4, 1/3 V5, 100% Lorella Human Head, 20% Luvinia Head V5

Arkangel.jpg
    971 x 1256 - 137K
    Arkangel_V5_1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 151K
    Post edited by Arkathan on
    edited December 1969

I'm glad it's working for you. :-)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Srry for a lame question. What figures are supported to transfer FROM to Genesis?

edited March 2013

Srry for a lame question. What figures are supported to transfer FROM to Genesis?

V4 and M4. People have used it on Generation 3, but that is not official and results are very mixed.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

oh bummer...I bought dark apocalypse: vermillion dawn for Stephanie 4 and was thinking I could convert it :(

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2013

oh bummer...I bought dark apocalypse: vermillion dawn for Stephanie 4 and was thinking I could convert it :(

I just transferred that and it worked awesome [thus far, I haven't posed anything yet]. It's for the V4 base; S4's only a morph.
    Post edited by agent unawares on
    edited December 1969

OH hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Super duper duper! Fantastic! :D

Okay will play later on.
    Thanks Agent_Unawares :D

edited December 1969

Yep. Anything that's a V4M4 unimesh morph will still work.

edited December 1969

Awesome! my day is made :) Thankyou!

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

SRMS has generally been producing much better results than the default setup, so I am very happy with it. I've been through the manual and forum and think I have it down but I still have some questions.

If we delete unwanted morph data files, those shapes will instead be auto-conformed, correct? So they will just fit the general shape without the refinements like breast bridging? The other option is to copy the old ones back in which case we would have what ever was setup for the original product for that morph?

After using Transfer Utility, the clothing item seems to be automatically fit to Genesis or to a Base Item. Is it OK to save it while it's still fit to something or should I first delete the figure it is fit to. Does it make a difference either way?

When adding Optional JCMs to a Dress for the bending can we add all of the options and save all at once? Or do we need to do each one separately, save, delete and reload before doing the next one?

Someone mentioned it might help to have the V4 for Genesis Shape applied to genesis when using Transfer Utility on V4 items. I was wondering if this is suggested or if it could cause any problems?

I converted the Kay's Leathers Boots. They turned out OK (lot better than autofit) but the toes poked out the bottom. I think I was able to easily fix it though. I just bend the bones on the boots so that they overlapped the toes, then re-saved it. When I reload it the toes fit!

I greatly appreciate any help.

edited December 1969

Swawa3D said:
    SRMS has generally been producing much better results than the default setup, so I am very happy with it. I've been through the manual and forum and think I have it down but I still have some questions.

If we delete unwanted morph data files, those shapes will instead be auto-conformed, correct? So they will just fit the general shape without the refinements like breast bridging? The other option is to copy the old ones back in which case we would have what ever was setup for the original product for that morph?

After using Transfer Utility, the clothing item seems to be automatically fit to Genesis or to a Base Item. Is it OK to save it while it's still fit to something or should I first delete the figure it is fit to. Does it make a difference either way?

When adding Optional JCMs to a Dress for the bending can we add all of the options and save all at once? Or do we need to do each one separately, save, delete and reload before doing the next one?

Someone mentioned it might help to have the V4 for Genesis Shape applied to genesis when using Transfer Utility on V4 items. I was wondering if this is suggested or if it could cause any problems?

I converted the Kay's Leathers Boots. They turned out OK (lot better than autofit) but the toes poked out the bottom. I think I was able to easily fix it though. I just bend the bones on the boots so that they overlapped the toes, then re-saved it. When I reload it the toes fit!

I greatly appreciate any help.

Yes, if you delete morphs they'll be autoconformed. This is unless you're deleting breast morphs from pants or a skirt, in which case they had no effect anyway. And yes, the other option is copying the maker's customs back in (probably a good idea if they did them, as they will have been made specific to the item).

It doesn't matter if you delete what it's fit to before you save it.

You can add all the JCMs together, then save once, provided you already saved once and loaded from library before adding them.

Adding the V4 shape to Genesis is useful if you are converting V4 clothing and don't want to have to sort through the Morph list. This lets you use the Current option instead of Morph or Clone. If you want to use this option with converting M4 clothing, you should dial in Genesis M4 instead.

Sometimes you'll have to do things like that with the toes. Good catch. :-)

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the fast reply.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901
    edited December 1969

Has anyone tried this with one of SY's clothing products for M/V4, e.g. Straight Leg Jeans?

edited December 1969

Has anyone tried this with one of SY's clothing products for M/V4, e.g. Straight Leg Jeans?

The straight legs probably have too many discreet submeshes to work well as a conversion, but I don't mind if you want to try it. :D The Genesis version in the Sickle Classics Genesis: Pants set is not without flaws but I'm not sure it's not still better than a conversion would be.

• nysalor_7ad75f2450nysalor_7ad75f2450 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Help! I can't find the Transfer Utility. can anyone assist please?