For users of DAZ History Manager

Comments

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited February 2013

Using "alpha 0.541 - expires 2013-02-29" on Win7 64-bit is working for me at the moment (redownloading 3935 item history...).

I do not have DIM running, nor have I had DIM running - I did notice on one of the other complaint threads about DIM, that the number of history items seemed to vary... ?

eta: history download completed ok. v(^_^)v

Post edited by M F M on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,712
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it's most likely some inconsistencies on the history pages on some accounts that is causing it.

BTW, it will expire the 28th, 29 is a typo (the 29th doesn't show up again before 2016).

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Heh... just quoting the titlebar as I saw it ;-).

Is the next version going to have sortable columns in the table widget in the top-left? (by order of purchase date would be convenient at times...).

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited February 2013

It works today! :)
    Who knows what happened ...

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited February 2013

M F M said:

Is the next version going to have sortable columns in the table widget in the top-left? (by order of purchase date would be convenient at times...).

I know, it was my typo... :)

I'm not sure if History Manager and the DAZ Downloader will be developed further now that DAZ has introduced their new downloader / installer, as well as the new store "purchased" check. These can do pretty much all the things my programs can do as well as many others, and I believe most people will be using it instead of my programs now. In fact, I intend to use it myself also, when the worst bugs have been fixed and all the content has been converted to zips. My programs will remain available though for those who still want to use them, for whatever reason.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    It works today! :)
    Who knows what happened ...

DAZ only knows... :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well - I DO have your History manager AND a handedited spreadsheet (where I added the items inside of bundles too).
    I am even using your History Manager for finding on which page of the Itemized Order History I can find newly purchased items - to copy and paste the line to my own spreadsheet.

Am I obsessive?

Or is it just that I don't trust this wonderful Magento-based store? Or a Daz developed Downloader/Installer that is called "beta"?
    ;)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Well I will continue to use your two programs as I prefer them to the Daz one.

I only want to download my items, as I install mine to my own catagories, so I won't use the install option of the Daz one.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

I'm not sure if History Manager and the DAZ Downloader will be developed further now that DAZ has introduced their new downloader / installer, as well as the new store "purchased" check. These can do pretty much all the things my programs can do as well as many others, and I believe most people will be using it instead of my programs now. In fact, I intend to use it myself also, when the worst bugs have been fixed and all the content has been converted to zips. My programs will remain available though for those who still want to use them, for whatever reason.

Thank you! Do you mean it won't expire every month? Or will you stick around in case DAZ changes the history layout again? :cheese:

DIM doesn't handle plugins, programs, 2D stuff. I don't know whether, if, when it will. But just today I used history manager to reset an xfrog sampler and several ron's brushes. I can't do that with DIM.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I'd prefer History Manager. DIM never appealed to me. But the expiration date on History Manager worries me -_-

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    M F M said:

A hearty thanks for spending valuable personal time to develop/share these programs with the community. You've been a lifesaver who's filled a void caused by the new system(s) in place at Daz. While the 'purchased' check and downloader SEEM to be working correctly, I still plan on using your History Manager as a backup.

Once again, thanks for the programs and your excellent support!!!!

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited February 2013

HeavyRay said:
    Taozen said:
    M F M said:

A hearty thanks for spending valuable personal time to develop/share these programs with the community. You've been a lifesaver who's filled a void caused by the new system(s) in place at Daz. While the 'purchased' check and downloader SEEM to be working correctly, I still plan on using your History Manager as a backup.

I would like to join in this hearty thanks. The tool was an invaluable help to manage my downloads. DAZ Install Manager looks very promising and if it get some additional features as custom organization for downloaded stuff, download scheduling, and some better filtering it will be a dream tool as your DAZ History Manager is it.

Again, thank you so much for the tools. I still will be using them at RDNA and Renderosity.

Post edited by MBusch on
    edited February 2013

Kerya said:
    Well - I DO have your History manager AND a handedited spreadsheet (where I added the items inside of bundles too).
    I am even using your History Manager for finding on which page of the Itemized Order History I can find newly purchased items - to copy and paste the line to my own spreadsheet.

Sounds troublesome. I know there are others who are doing the same so I'll add an option for copying the data for selected (checkmarked) items to the clipboard. It only takes a few lines of code.

Am I obsessive?

Or is it just that I don't trust this wonderful Magento-based store? Or a Daz developed Downloader/Installer that is called "beta"?

Well (as also mentioned in the Help file) the Duplicate Checker in HM is not completely reliable either because it's partially name based, and in cases where the product name has changed since the purchase, it won't warn you. The bundle check code is SKU based, so it should be reliable if the Fun-with-bundles data is complete, but I don't know if it is.

If DAZ gets their "purchased" system fixed, it will definitely be the most reliable you can get, as it is completely SKU based (I don't know that for certain, but no one in their right mind would do it otherwise, when they have direct access to the user database). I say "most", for I've heard claims that some products have had their SKUs changed recently (after the current SKU system was introduced). If that's the case, there may be problems with these items - unless the SKU data are updated globally, i.e. also in order data in the user accounts.

Another thing is that it is fairly easy to write a program that automatically can check the "purchased" system's reliability and see where it fails. I could do it but I think it's DAZs responsibility so I'll pass that on to them. Unless they'll pay me $500 for doing it. :)

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited February 2013

Spit said:
    Taozen said:

Thank you! Do you mean it won't expire every month? Or will you stick around in case DAZ changes the history layout again? :cheese:

Concerning the free programs, like HM, the expiration thing will end when I've got auto-update fully implemented and tested. As for the others, it will be removed as soon as they go commercial. Not sure about the DAZ downloader yet, but the Rendo downloader will most likely end up as a commercial program. Possible the RDNA version too.

In any case, all programs will be updated in case of site changes, as far as my time allows (commercial programs will have first priority here of course).

DIM doesn't handle plugins, programs, 2D stuff. I don't know whether, if, when it will. But just today I used history manager to reset an xfrog sampler and several ron's brushes. I can't do that with DIM.

OK, haven't really thought of that. Still, for most people it's probably only a small amount of files that DAZs program can't handle.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    HeavyRay said:

I would like to join in this hearty thanks. The tool was an invaluable help to manage my downloads. DAZ Install Manager looks very promising and if it get some additional features as custom organization for downloaded stuff, download scheduling, and some better filtering it will be a dream tool as your DAZ History Manager is it.

Again, thank you so much for the tools. I still will be using them at RDNA and Renderosity.

You're welcome! Glad you find them useful.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I'd prefer History Manager. DIM never appealed to me. But the expiration date on History Manager worries me -_-

The expiration thing in HM is basically just to remind people about updating, it will be removed as soon as auto-update has been fully implemented.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Where can I find the RDNA and Renderosity programs?

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

They are on this page http://taosoft.dk/software/3DCondo/.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    M F M said:

...I'll still be using it so I can get my entire order history on one page and sort it by purchase date.

And it is still extremely useful for the RRRR challenges.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I really like your History Manager and I agree with Kyoto Kid... it is extremely usefull for me too... even though I do not partake in the RRRRs :)

• sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Just tried to install version a0542, but it says it expired as of 2/28/13, which is the same expiration date of a0541.

edited December 1969

sdorsey said:
    Just tried to install version a0542, but it says it expired as of 2/28/13, which is the same expiration date of a0541.

Sorry, yea, was updating all the programs yesterday so something had to go wrong. Did a test download after uploading as I always do but that was of course before it expired... :)

Try again, should be working now.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    sdorsey said:

Sorry, yea, was updating all the programs yesterday so something had to go wrong. Did a test download after uploading as I always do but that was of course before it expired... :)

Yay! Thank you :D

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks from me too!

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for continuing these programs. Much appreciated. :)

Love, Jeanne

• sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I can't find the 3D Content Downloader for DAZ3D topic.

I downloaded and installed the latest version (a1106) of 3D Content Downloader, and the program now crashes when I begin downloading

3D Content Downloader for DAZ3D has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : contentdownloaderdaz.exe P2 : 1.1.0.6
    P3 : 512fc1f9 P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4ef6c16f P7 : 3451
    P8 : 119 P9 : system.io.directorynotfound

Taozen said:
    sdorsey said:

edited December 1969

I downloaded and installed the latest version (a1106) of 3D Content Downloader, and the program now crashes when I begin downloading

3D Content Downloader for DAZ3D has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

No, DAZ has deleted the thread in the Commercials forum.

Looks like there is a problem with the download path you have selected. Does it work if you try another?

Otherwise, does it work if you run the program as administrator?

And what OS are you using?

edited December 1969

In theory, the D3DIM is a must have. In practice ... not so much.

Seriously, DAZ should have looked at what the 3D Content Downloader is able to do before they developed their downloader/installer. It's much too limited for me compared to your 3D Content Downloader.

D3DIM requires too many steps to achieve the same results as the 3D Content Downloader, and it doesn't have enough flexibility for those of us who have developed an organization system for downloads and multiple runtimes. I have to change my "business practices" and use workarounds with D3DIM instead of D3DIM streamlining my "work" and making me more efficient.

I can't believe DAZ would not have used a focus group during their development cycle. If they did have a focus group, it seems like it was formed of customers who were manually downloading and installing DAZ content.

Taozen said:

MBusch said:
    HeavyRay said:
    Taozen said:
    Heh... just quoting the titlebar as I saw it ;-). Is the next version going to have sortable columns in the table widget in the top-left? (by order of purchase date would be convenient at times...).

edited December 1969

Thanks. I didn't realize P9 : system.io.directorynotfound meant the download folder couldn't be found. In retrospect, it makes complete sense.

I'd just downloaded to that same folder a couple days ago and it worked flawlessly as usual. I download to an external drive which is mapped to a drive letter, so windows must have "forgot" the external drive was mapped to Q. Sometimes, it thinks it has forgotten a drive mapping, but when I click on the folder, Windows suddenly remembers it's mapped.

Would not be the first time Windows suffered a memory lapse.

Anyway, I reselected the download folder in 3D Content Downloader, and all is good with my world again.

Thank you again!

I should have waited a bit longer before attempting to use D3DIM to download those files. It was a painful experience.

Taozen said:

No, DAZ has deleted the thread in the Commercials forum.

Looks like there is a problem with the download path you have selected. Does it work if you try another?

Otherwise, does it work if you run the program as administrator?

And what OS are you using?