(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• vienastoksvienastoks Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay - some illustrations. You can see that Provocative Dress looks OK on stock V4. Next I did autofit on default Genesis and got some ugly pouches under the breasts. I thought they appear because the default shape of the chest is very different from V4, but they do not disappear when one dials in more feminine shapes. Also a fin appears on the back which the limit of attachable images prevents me to add here.

Next I tried SRMS, but it got exactly the same result, fin included. I dialed in Basic Female to show that the problem persists. I made sure I ticked the "reverse" thingy. Since the manual says to use Morph version if unsatisfied I tried the morph version next (textured images). This was much worse than previous attempts as you can see (weird artefacts, etc.).

Now this might look like a small thing (except when you try high res raytraced render), but it means for me that SRMS doesn't solve the problem - I still cannot use Gen 4 clothing for anything more than "proof of concept". I will try SRMS with other clothing and will hope for better result. But if you have some useful pointers I will be grateful.

prov07.png
    314 x 505 - 129K
    prov06.png
    314 x 505 - 100K
    prov05.png
    314 x 505 - 75K
    prov03.png
    314 x 505 - 64K
    prov01.png
    314 x 505 - 83K
    edited December 1969

So... I've been seeing this item for a few weeks now, but had no idea what it was about.

But wow, those images are impressive.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have this item?
    http://www.daz3d.com/paladin-and-paragon

Can you show me how the front converts using SRMS?

If it looks great, I'm buying immediately.

Here's Julie YT wearing the outfit. I cheated a bit by autofitting the gloves, but the breastplate, pants, and boots come courtesy of SRMS. By obliging your fancy ;) I found out that SRMS works much better with complex models than with simple garments like one piece dresses or t-shirts. Also look at boots - they're nearly perfect. :)

Sorry for shape and pose choice - just goes to show my quirky sense of humour.

Now if we were pickier we might notice, that the metal of the armour shouldn't bend with the pose - you have to be careful here. Other than that I think it's possible to use P&P with Genesis.

juliepaladin.jpg
    419 x 1023 - 293K
  • Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited February 2013

A tip for converting Gen 3 clothes: rather than smoothing a lot as discussed upthread, try applying SubD to it and cranking it to a couple of levels of subdivision. (This also helps with hair) Back in ye olden days of Gen 3 clothes creation, "low polycount" was the golden rule, so if you look at some of those meshes they are very very sparse. SubD will let it accomodate a more complex or lumpy underlying mesh without tearing all over the place. (Smoothing helps too, but is slow to recalc and all that)

Post edited by Canary3d on
    edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    A tip for converting Gen 3 clothes: rather than smoothing a lot as discussed upthread, edit & apply SubD to it and crank it to a couple of levels of subdivision. (This also helps with hair) Back in ye olden days of Gen 3 clothes creation, "low polycount" was the golden rule, so if you look at some of those meshes they are very very sparse. SubD will let it accomodate a more complex or lumpy underlying mesh without tearing all over the place.

Could this also apply to the very early V4 clothing? Like I complained about above? :) I'll try! Thanks for suggestion!

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

I'd say it's worth doing on any clothing that doesn't look good, because you can always turn it off again if it doesn't help.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Here is a sample on different figures hitomi, mavka and sayaka.

It actually installs Hitomi as an FBM. I assume the others are autoconform results. If the other poster is getting problems as severe as described, I would agree it is probably a "missed check box" issue.

edited December 1969

Whoops, I missed an entire page of results. LOL

Do give the subD a try, but Canary3d is right about that - the simpler the geometry, the worse it's going to do with this, and especially in the breast areas.

The bridging effect you can get rid of by deleting the SRMS generated morph from the data files after you save, and just letting DS4.5 do its boob-cling thing instead.

edited December 1969

If that neck-scarf thing is a separate piece make sure you use the dress template on it so you get the handles (I'm sure the morphs will move it better, but those at least will help).

edited December 1969

If that neck-scarf thing is a separate piece make sure you use the dress template on it so you get the handles (I'm sure the morphs will move it better, but those at least will help).

The whole neck scarf is one piece attached to the breastplate.

So... it'll be interesting to see how that comes out when I test out.

Use the dress template anyway, then. It can't hurt as long as you use the bodysuit one on the greaves/pants and the boot one on the boots.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

So far I am not able to produce any good result with high-heeled shoes or boots when there is a toe section involved. Some times I am getting an offset between shoes/boots and Genesis (picture is from "Hot Winter II" product at 'rosity), sometimes distortions especially at what I expect to be the junction between toes and foot - I did check for example if there is any hidden scaling involved or perhaps hidden morphs in Genesis, but there is nothing to be seen. I also did check that I am using the right boot 'template' in the scene (with toes) for the respective item, Not sure if I am missing something, though I'd figure that high-heeled shoes are the most troublesome for automatic conversion.

I installed the product via DIM, not sure if that is relevant, but I know the DIM portion at least had some problems in the beginning.

Boots.jpg
    434 x 306 - 34K
    edited December 1969

Well, first of all, the "no toes" setting refers to the bones, not the geometry. Before you convert, look at the boot or shoe and see if it originally had a toe group at all (ones like the one you show usually do not). If it didn't, you need to use the "no toes" boot.

And second, after you convert you will need to use the foot poses included with the product in Clothing/SickleYield/SRMS/Utilities. Most of the extreme heels are made originally with the assumption that the foot will be molded to their shape and not the other way around, so they're never going to fit a flat foot.

edited December 1969

Thanks for answering that quickly :)

The two pictures now represent the boots in scene and display before any conversion. When I apply the foot poses after conversion, the shoes move accordingly with the feet and the 'gap' still remains in this case. Perhaps I am missing something ... I am a bit overworked lately ...

Loaded_Zeroed.jpg
    397 x 276 - 32K
    Scene.jpg
    173 x 221 - 41K
    edited December 1969

Try it with the No Toes boot anyway? I don't think I have those specific boots but when I try it with the ones from RP Kindred, I still get better results that way.

edited December 1969

Tried with "NoToes" and it looks a bit better, though it still fits with an offset to Genesis. Might be a problem with those specific boots though. The bones in the picture are those of the boot. I will experiment a bit more and see what gives better results :)

Already love the product for clothing in general, thank you for making it :)

NoToes.jpg
    389 x 259 - 44K
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Tried with "NoToes" and it looks a bit better, though it still fits with an offset to Genesis. Might be a problem with those specific boots though. The bones in the picture are those of the boot. I will experiment a bit more and see what gives better results :)

But you did do the TU conversion from the loaded boot object itself, right, not from Genesis?

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

But you did do the TU conversion from the loaded boot object itself, right, not from Genesis?

That's the conversion process I used:
    * loaded V4 boots, then loaded "NoToes" figure of the kit
    * made sure none of them is fit to each other
    * TU with "NoToes" source and morph V4 -> V4 boots as target with "reverse source shape from target"
    * saved the converted boots
    * cleared scene, then loaded genesis and converted boots

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Renpatsu said:

That's the conversion process I used:
    * loaded V4 boots, then loaded "NoToes" figure of the kit
    * made sure none of them is fit to each other
    * TU with "NoToes" source and morph V4 -> V4 boots as target with "reverse source shape from target"
    * saved the converted boots
    * cleared scene, then loaded genesis and converted boots

Did you have morph--V4 selected on the No Toes boots?

edited December 1969

In the TU, yes. "Morph" -> FBMVictoria4 (if I recall the name precisely, just closed down DAZ Studio for a bit)

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

In the TU, yes. "Morph" -> FBMVictoria4 (if I recall the name precisely, just closed down DAZ Studio for a bit)

Haven't a clue what the issue is, then. Has anyone else tried with the Hot Winter set?

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This looks like what I've been waiting for ...

• Roberto MeloRoberto Melo Posts: 496
    edited December 1969

Sickleyield, what your product can offer me in this thread: RIG: Go from a mesh sculpted for Genesis to a fully-functional product in just a few moments with Transfer Utility. Rig dresses with handles and bonus joint controls without Morph Loader or bone editing.

I am looking for some tool that helps me to conform my clothes.

Thanks!! :)

Beto.

edited December 1969

Once you answer me, and if I like what I explain, I put your product in the cart.

Big Hug! :)

edited December 1969

Sickleyield, what your product can offer me in this thread: RIG: Go from a mesh sculpted for Genesis to a fully-functional product in just a few moments with Transfer Utility. Rig dresses with handles and bonus joint controls without Morph Loader or bone editing.

Beto.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. What are you asking?

edited December 1969

Beto.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. What are you asking?

Your advert in your store:

CONVERT: Use Michael and Victoria 4 with Genesis products and give them all the FBM support of a new product with just a few clicks. Higher conversion of your Gen 4 collection is at your fingertips, with better fit and less distortion than ever before.

RIG: Go from the mesh sculpted to Genesis is a fully-functional product in just a few moments with Transfer Utility. Rig dresses with handles and controls without bonus joint or bone Morph Loader editing.

MORPH: Use templates with the SRMS Transfer Utility to add better FBMS to any clothing item, Whether converted from Generation 4, bought for Genesis, or the brand new project of your own. Even your best-loved items Genesis can gain better fit with these custom morphs. You will find more fit in problem areas, including female breasts and strap areas, male waistbands, and even Troll feet! Support is included for Generation 3, 4, 5, Evolution and the Universal Base FBMS, plus the V5 morphs breast, breast Natural Gravity morphs, and the Evolution breast PBMs.

Please explain to me what the product does at this topic, here!: (RIG: Go from the mesh sculpted to Genesis is a fully-functional product in just a few moments with Transfer Utility. Rig dresses with handles and controls without bonus joint or bone Morph Loader editing.)

Thank you.

Beto.

edited December 1969

You can use the product to rig most new items using the Transfer Utility. There are instructions in the manual, but basically you create your item in a modeling program, import it to DAZ Studio, and start up the Transfer Utility. Then you choose one of the included templates (bodysuit, dress, or boots) and add a smoothing modifier, and it will rig your outfit. Then you save it back to the library.

There are also instructions for adding optional JCMs to dresses or skirts for better bending.

edited February 2013

You can use the product to rig most new items using the Transfer Utility. There are instructions in the manual, but basically you create your item in a modeling program, import it to DAZ Studio, and start up the Transfer Utility. Then you choose one of the included templates (bodysuit, dress, or boots) and add a smoothing modifier, and it will rig your outfit. Then you save it back to the library.

There are also instructions for adding optional JCMs to dresses or skirts for better bending.

Forgive me, I use the Google translator to communicate in English.

Thanks.

Post edited by Roberto Melo on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

Did you have the Genesis figure V4 shape applied in the view port as well?? I've found that when using the Transfer Utility for older Generations it DOES help to have the figure morph applied to Genesis that corresponds with the clothing it was originally built for.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Regarding boot fits and such. Many extreme high heel boots etc, especially in the early days of V4, iirc expected the user to turn the feet/toes of vicky invisible to hide them. So it's possible no amount of rerigging will make them fit "properly".

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else having this problem with floor length dresses? This particular render is from Jan19's free Belle Epoch dress, but I've had it turn up on a couple of different ones now. Smoothing doesn't have an effect, and while SubD helps a bit (thank you for that trick!) it's not causing the problem to vanish. And I don't know enough about the Weight Map and Polygon stuff to know whether they'd fix it, much less how. :P

This is with clone. I have attempted to use morph (and gotten the same effect) but I'm not sure I am doing that correctly... or that I can. If I understand it you're supposed to select the V4 body shape as the morph to be matched, and I don't technically have the V4 body shape. I have the autofit clone, but since I never actually used V4 (jumped straight from G3 to Genesis) I never bought the Figure Shapes for that generation.

Anyway, I rarely use floor-length dresses so it's not a huge deal, but I thought I'd ask before I gave up.

DressProblem.jpg
    1466 x 1100 - 277K
  • KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

There is an update available.
    What will that do ?
    Only asking because i have had Trouble with the installing and it ended that i
    had to check everything and move to the correct place

Thanks