Art of the Promo

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

You can never go wrong with a tiger and some godrays illuminating particulate matter. 

Agreed, although personally I wouldn't stand so close! lol

As always, Stonemason's sets and renders are a study of perfection. 

• I'm just loving that new Stonemason set and the promo images are simply jaw dropping as usual. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited July 2017

This one just made me laugh ;)

Post edited by Leana on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Leana said:

Me too!  Loved the tongue in cheek of this although this one looks better than the movie versions lol.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

Nice bit of storytelling here. 

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    Thank you! I was just about to upload the product and promo images when I got the idea for this one so it barely made it in.
    Leana said:

Me too!  Loved the tongue in cheek of this although this one looks better than the movie versions lol.

Marshian said:
    Thank you! I was just about to upload the product and promo images when I got the idea for this one so it barely made it in.
    Leana said:

Its hysterical!  Especially if you've watched the *movies*.  I am a big fan of B rated moves but I think those are a bit beyond even that lol.

Nice bit of storytelling here. 

Hahaha the look on both their faces!!! Poor horse!

Falling from the sky,  Arachnid Class Transport.

• RaneRane Posts: 142
    edited July 2017

And then, her task complete and her foe slain, she succumbed to her wounds and fell from the heavens in a hail of fire.

Post edited by Rane on

An interesting way to showcase the included props in the School Sports clothing set was using these polaroid pinups.  authentic candid tye shots with good posing and matter of fact everyday captured momments. 

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

An interesting way to showcase the included props in the School Sports clothing set was using these polaroid pinups.  authentic candid tye shots with good posing and matter of fact everyday captured momments. 

Only the second product from this vendor in the DAZ store. I'm looking forward to what they might bring to the table next. I really liked the style of the promos for this product.

Great attention to detail and real sense of community with this wide angled lens shot of the neighbourhood full of Single Homes bundled together by Dreamland Models.  Nicely done!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Great attention to detail and real sense of community with this wide angled lens shot of the neighbourhood full of Single Homes bundled together by Dreamland Models.  Nicely done!

Look at the little people on the ladder and roof.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    barbult said:

Look at the little people on the ladder and roof.

I love the squirrel on the fence behind the kid. Such a wonderful attention to detail! 

TangoAlpha's new Containment Level promos are like a scene shot straight out of a movie,  I may have even seen the movie.  Awesome details,  sense of threat,  ambiance,  and atmosphere. 

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,859

TangoAlpha's new Containment Level promos are like a scene shot straight out of a movie,  I may have even seen the movie.  Awesome details,  sense of threat,  ambiance,  and atmosphere. 

The Girl with All the Gifts

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4547056/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I hadn't even heard of that movie, but it looks interesting.

Overall, good promos for the product. I'll throw in this one too:

There's joke in there about her lectures being boring, but I'm not going down that path. wink With the recent departure of George A Romero, it made me think of Day of the Dead, where they experiment on zombies (Bub ftw!) in an underground military facility.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461

That is a really unique take on the Zombie genre and a well made film!

Speaking of movies. (yes, I know it's originally books)

The new critter from Groovy Patrol. Everyone loves spiders, right? wink

isidorn said:

Overall, good promos for the product. I'll throw in this one too:

There's joke in there about her lectures being boring, but I'm not going down that path. wink With the recent departure of George A Romero, it made me think of Day of the Dead, where they experiment on zombies (Bub ftw!) in an underground military facility.

Cheers guys. I called that last one "Zombie ED" lol

Curious that the US trailer desaturated most of the blood...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    isidorn said:

The book (by Mike Carey)  was excellent and I am really looking forward to seeing the film.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    isidorn said:

Speaking of movies. (yes, I know it's originally books)

The new critter from Groovy Patrol. Everyone loves spiders, right? wink

That's a fantastic render! 

SimonJM said:
    isidorn said:

The book (by Mike Carey)  was excellent and I am really looking forward to seeing the film.

As always, the book is better than the film, but Mike Carey wrote the screenplay as well as the novel, so it's treated respectfully even though there are differences (no junker subplot in the movie, for instance).

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    SimonJM said:
    isidorn said:

As always, the book is better than the film, but Mike Carey wrote the screenplay as well as the novel, so it's treated respectfully even though there are differences (no junker subplot in the movie, for instance).

Indeed, and, hopefully, he'll be sending me a signed copy of his latest any day now laugh

Epic. Classic establishing shot.    Orestes Vega Skydomes. 

edited August 2017

I have to admit I'm a child of the seventies and this here takes me right back to those days.  Custom vans were hugely popular.  I sepnt many summers working in beach communities and these were everywhere. I was even expecting a bumper sticker,   "If this van's rockin' don't bother knockin'  But I added the entry here,  because of the Vantasy name and how cohesion of name, concept  and art can help deliver sellable promos. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Allessandro_AM's new iray thingy laugh

Pay attention to the clock on the wall, if you haven't already. wink

There's a whole slew of them,  but pretty much every promo for the single man fighter by sareth,  has a cinematic quality to it. I'll show this for the vibrant color scheme.

edited August 2017

I thought the concept setup for the StarLife modern atress promos was a unique setup.  Each shows the character "on set" on location and the screen capture of the movie frame.  The one with the pack of wolves chasing the female protagonist on horseback was dynamic and engaging. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on