I Am So Tired But There's So Much To Do Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

I am so tired but there are so much complaining to do.    I feel like I have a lot I can complain about but I am not allowed to complain about.

so I will complain about what I can, why is my fire stick doing an update without my permission?

I am so tired but there are so much complaining to do.    I feel like I have a lot I can complain about but I am not allowed to complain about.

so I will complain about what I can, why is my fire stick doing an update without my permission?

oh also has anyone seen my mouse?  no not the unwanted mouse but the computer mouse.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited July 2017

Post edited by Mistara on

What happened to Noggin?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited July 2017

...been wondering about him  Still use his flutterbys.

Another is Ness.  Was hoping after the lovely detailed Harpsichord there would be a nice concert length (9') grand piano.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

IPS monitor?

...cursive righting....more like "accursed" writing for me these days.  I can barely even print, let alone write in longhand, legibly any more. Before my hands became wracked with arthritis, my block printing was so clean and precise that it almost looked like typeset text (which I attribute to my technical drawing experience). I also had a number of different "styles" as well. 

...bit of a cool down for the weekend (70s & 80s) after a couple days in the low 90s. 

Almost forgot to renew my PC membership.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    kyoto kid said:

...bit of a cool down for the weekend (70s & 80s) after a couple days in the low 90s. 

Almost forgot to renew my PC membership.

cold here

51.png
    214 x 180 - 14K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Mistara said:

IPS monitor?

In Plane Switching is I think historical now, hardware for an LCD display afair :)

was wonderingwhat i was missing out on, never seen an ips monitor

cookin up hashbrown potatoes, no stew. sam would be disappointed.

lighning bugs are out, flashing party in the yard

...no "glowbutts" here. Sad, miss them

rendred janette in 3de.  rendered in like 2 minutes  smiley

couldnt figure out how to make the tunic hang down in front

J fun1.png
    1600 x 1066 - 803K
    J fun.png
    1600 x 1066 - 935K

kyoto kid said:

not humid enuff mebbe?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    kyoto kid said:

Found a "glowbutt" smiley

Firefly_sm.jpg
    800 x 640 - 68K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Mistara said:

remember cursive writing?  Those 'G's were fancy, almost like a music cleft.

Yes, I remember. Unfortunately my capital "G"s and capitol "S"s never looked exactly the same or "right". 

Cursive is becoming like an unreadable foreign language.  I however, am reviving my cursive writing.  Like many, I printed my way through most of my adulthood becase it was much more legible and I could print beautifully and quickly (and tiny).  But for the last couple of years I've been doing almost all my personal writing in cursive.  I don't have to hurry and I don't have to save paper and I have to write large to see anything anyway.   I intend on leaving a very important looking (but meaningless) paper written in cursive, to my surviving relatives (all the old ones have died and only the young ones are left) after I die and am hoping nobody will be able to read it and will fight over my estate or think I was revealing some long held secret. devil

laugh​  laugh​  laugh

Dana

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    kyoto kid said:

Here you go: https://www.daz3d.com/low-poly-lightning-bugs

...actually have the ones from over at Rendo I bought a couple years ago.  They work really well with Iray emissives.

Mistara said:

kyoto kid said:

not humid enuff mebbe?

...probably right.  What passes for ""humid here would be considered "dry" back in the Midwest.

kyoto kid said:

Found a "glowbutt" smiley

...wouldn't mind seeing that one in a nearby field.  Need an awfully big jar to capture it though.

Think I may actually have a freebie mesh of it somewhere

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    Petercat said:

Internal SATA drives are going bad.

A friend of mine in Florida worked as a nurse in a old age nursing home.  The owner of the facility was as cheap as they come, but the building airconditioning was always on full blast and the place was always cold.  He asked the owner why she kept the place so cold all the time despite the expense.  The answer was not surprising.  "Ve make money only from live patients but ze patients are old and zey keep better in ze cold." frown

Try putting your drives in the refrigerator. devil

That was actually a fix for dying hard drives! If your hard drive became unreadable,
    put it in the freezer for a few hours, then "plug it in and try again. If it worked, copy as
    much data as you could before it quit working again, then re-freeze it and repeat.
    I've salvaged data several times this way, now use RAID-0.

I tought RAID-0 was good only for speed, no data duplication - it just means you have two points of failure that could destroy your files instead of one.

You are correct, I use RAID-1, duplicate disks. Edited my comment.

...well, it's now on the backside of midnight Friday, so that means only one thing...

what is real life?

ick, pancreas acting up

is ruining my high on life buzz

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    Mistara said:

what is real life?

Compared to what? indecision

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    Mistara said: