I Am So Tired But There's So Much To Do Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Mistara said:
    ps1borg said:

Morning :) Bliss to sleep in past dawn, is middle of winter and quite cold for these parts and also the driest winter evah the radio is saying altho we heard all that before, iz more likely than not to flood come spring. Going to rug up and take a stroll by the river, it looked higher than usual going past yesterday and am curious :)

yoo missed the g8f fanfare 

I'll have to catch up with it later, still pulling a lot of gee's myself the last job was very intense, need to skip and slide  on the atmosphere for a while to set up a soft landing :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...yes

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2017
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

snarky mean sarcastic?

Yeppers. With a side order of short-tempered and irritable.

really it's more like snide and sharply critical; and snide of course means derogatory or mocking in an indirect way.     

(rolls eyes) Sure it is. laugh For more, see my avatar.

P.S. Love ya Cho! heart

tryin to figure out if Geralt was snarky or just sarcastic,

so this npc was telling geralt how to drive a sheep

Geralt says, 'if dogs have figured it out , think i'll manage as well'

I think the word you were looking for is 'optimistic'. wink

sheepoes not so cooperative if yoo dont have big teeth? smiley

Post edited by Chohole on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388

That baaaaaaa-d, Chohole? ;-)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thaz a lot of wool smiley

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    Mistara said:
    Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

snarky mean sarcastic?

Yeppers. With a side order of short-tempered and irritable.

really it's more like snide and sharply critical; and snide of course means derogatory or mocking in an indirect way.     

(rolls eyes) Sure it is. laugh For more, see my avatar.

P.S. Love ya Cho! heart

tryin to figure out if Geralt was snarky or just sarcastic,

so this npc was telling geralt how to drive a sheep

Geralt says, 'if dogs have figured it out , think i'll manage as well'

Geralt was being snarky, or maybe derisive. IMO if he was sarcastic it would be more "If you figured it out, I think I'll manage as well."

smiley meanwhile  Goat Simulator

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586

What is Goat Similuator?    My brother has real goats so I guess he does not need a goat similator.

tried a different twinings tea

chammomile + vanilla + honey = blechhh

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    M F M said:

That baaaaaaa-d, Chohole? ;-)

..well at least your car gets a nice buffed up shine.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

Internal SATA drives are going bad.

disk error.jpg
    634 x 478 - 122K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

I can't believe I watched that whole Goat Simulator video!  I really laughed when he got the jet pack on!   laugh 

Dana

I got to the library but have not gotten much done.  I do not know why.

Why do lambs have tails but sheep do not?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563

Plastic surgery?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

becasue at a very young age lambs will have their tails docked as long tails on wollie sheep camn cause a build up of faeces around the rear end, which can lead to disease.

DanaTA said:

I can't believe I watched that whole Goat Simulator video!  I really laughed when he got the jet pack on!   laugh 

Dana

with the stop sign stuck to tongue  

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
    edited July 2017

A friend of mine in Florida worked as a nurse in a old age nursing home.  The owner of the facility was as cheap as they come, but the building airconditioning was always on full blast and the place was always cold.  He asked the owner why she kept the place so cold all the time despite the expense.  The answer was not surprising.  "Ve make money only from live patients but ze patients are old and zey keep better in ze cold." frown

Try putting your drives in the refrigerator. devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. A few scattered rain clouds high in the northern sky seem to be heading out of town as fast as a small breeze can carry them, warm sun climbing hogh in the big bright blue sky feels a little ominous cos it hasn't really rained here since last Christmas. Oh well, sun on face feels good after what feels like weeks of working in shadows, must be starting to relax a bit :)

smiley

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited July 2017

A friend of mine in Florida worked as a nurse in a old age nursing home.  The owner of the facility was as cheap as they come, but the building airconditioning was always on full blast and the place was always cold.  He asked the owner why she kept the place so cold all the time despite the expense.  The answer was not surprising.  "Ve make money only from live patients but ze patients are old and zey keep better in ze cold." frown

That was actually a fix for dying hard drives! If your hard drive became unreadable,
    put it in the freezer for a few hours, then "plug it in and try again. If it worked, copy as
    much data as you could before it quit working again, then re-freeze it and repeat.
    I've salvaged data several times this way, now use RAID-1.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • Petercat said:

That was actually a fix for dying hard drives! If your hard drive became unreadable,
    put it in the freezer for a few hours, then "plug it in and try again. If it worked, copy as
    much data as you could before it quit working again, then re-freeze it and repeat.
    I've salvaged data several times this way, now use RAID-0.

I tought RAID-0 was good only for speed, no data duplication - it just means you have two points of failure that could destroy your files instead of one.

edited July 2017
    Petercat said:

I've salvaged data several times this way, now use RAID-0.

I tought RAID-0 was good only for speed, no data duplication - it just means you have two points of failure that could destroy your files instead of one.

Yes. indecision https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels

they tryin to install a new dual vga card, no one is asking for my help with it.
    i'm not butting in, or volunteering.

the price dropped on that 21:9 monitor i wanted.  
    torn between the monitor,  or

a refurbed dell i5 laptop with win7p (on amazon), i waiting to hear back if the laptop has a win7p serial# sticker on it,  (it would replace my 2008 winxp netbook for online use)  or

a mic for my gameplay videos, don't understand the specs for audio
    Rode NT1A Anniversary Vocal Condenser Microphone Package

but then, spending money now takes away from my imac and 10cores. the 10core cost more than my 1st car.  1975 crysler station wagon, it was a boatsmiley.  my fave car i ever had was a 1982 ford mustang i bought in the 90s. it was blue, 4 speed, no 5th gear.  luved that carheart.

went with the monitor.  dunno if my video card can support 21:9

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    Mistara said:

What is the video card?

Mistara said:

What is the video card?

it's one of those built-in to the m/b. for now i plan to use this on my old amd dual core, is my compy with all my Sony s/w on it, Movie Plat suite 11, acid, the sound effects volumes.

might've ordered too soon, still have to test the turning off resampling solves my woes with the movie editor.  72 hours or rendering howie lake pngs, sharp looking pngs, but making it into a video, horrible blurring. 

wanted to start editing my gameplay videos, add titles.

remember cursive writing?  Those 'G's were fancy, almost like a music cleft.

edited July 2017
    Mistara said:

remember cursive writing?  Those 'G's were fancy, almost like a music cleft.

Yes, I remember. Unfortunately my capital "G"s and capitol "S"s never looked exactly the same or "right". 

Cursive is becoming like an unreadable foreign language.  I however, am reviving my cursive writing.  Like many, I printed my way through most of my adulthood becase it was much more legible and I could print beautifully and quickly (and tiny).  But for the last couple of years I've been doing almost all my personal writing in cursive.  I don't have to hurry and I don't have to save paper and I have to write large to see anything anyway.   I intend on leaving a very important looking (but meaningless) paper written in cursive, to my surviving relatives (all the old ones have died and only the young ones are left) after I die and am hoping nobody will be able to read it and will fight over my estate or think I was revealing some long held secret. devil

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Man, no matter what I do, I cannot read the title of this thread as anything other than "I am so tired but there's so much complaining to do".  laugh

Makes me chuckle every time.  angel

This discussion has been closed.