RRRR Contest - Lots of prizes!

12345679»

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Just popped in to see what's been happening here recently ...

Totte "Cyborg Hunter" - wow, that's really great! I love that noir-ish rainy night look.
    and "Opps! Where did Wendy go?" - very good, I love the idea (pity you'd run out of goes, this might have done well in the Funniest Category)
    Zawarkal "Delusions of Grandeur" - crazy pull, but you've made something interesting out of it - nice colours
    emsim "Rescue Mission?" - fun one!
    Ken OBanion "This Was NOT In The Brochure!" - still going great guns I see! Nice one!
    and "Say Hello To My Leetle Friend" - and another funny one
    and "Wedding-Night Revelations" - well, what a shame we didn't get to see Plan A (?!?)
    Luci45 "Sven and Tweety's Cyber-Cafe" - that's quite a change of style for you! Funny though.
    and "Maria Clarisse Lifestyles Show" - lovely render. I picked up the $1.99 Dark Rites too (amazing how a cheap price sells) and I think I've only ever used it in a RRRR!
    Zawarkal "Premonition" - another surreal one - very quirky!
    ncamp "Grave Kitty2 - I like the lighting here, that bright sunny background and the slightly creepy shadowy foreground
    bohemian3 "Time Travellers" - nice image, I love its atmosphere.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your comments MelanieL.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Thank you MelanieL.

ncamp

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Thanks Luci45, MelanieL, Ken and Barbult for your comments.
    Looks like I just made it back for the wrap.
    And so many great renders!

I think there were a large number of Sven s boating on the Volga at one point.
    I read that Russian cities with names ending in -grad or -gorod were founded on old Viking camps.
    Good thing for Tweety that Sven has a sense of humor and plenty of towels

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Thanks Melanie!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

Hey, hey! Al Gore?! Watch it there, Ken, I'm a lefty! (He does have some of that smugness though...) Best to leave politics out of the forums or things could get uglier than your original 'Plan B.' :ahhh: Thanks for not grossing me out with that, BTW - it would have been my luck to see it before a moderator removed it. ;-P

And thanks again. I liked the way Maria Clarisse turned out - so many TV women look like that to me.

Oh, no, no, no, Luci! You misapprehend me! I was just noting a (very) slight physical resemblance - remember his bearded days? And a little bit around the eyes.

For some reason, I am able to find resemblances to famous people pretty much wherever I go. One of my bartenders, at the (now, sadly, defunct) Bennigan's in San Diego, was a dead-ringer for Tea Leone. (And the manager looked so much like Dick Cheney that I thought I had finally discovered the infamous 'undisclosed location'!) Another bartender, at my neighborhood hangout in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, looked so much like Laura Dern it was just plain, flat-out creepy! (Another, at the same place, bore a strong resemblance to Sandra Bullock. And a couple of my fellow barflies were damn near doppelgangers for Mike Piazza and Tom Cruise.)

So it's probably just me; I'm so used to seeing these similarities that I perhaps unconsciously look for them.

;-) I am always seeing resemblances too. If I point out a particular one to someone, usually my daughter, I get a funny look and a "Huh? really? I don't see it." The reverse happens often also, where I just don't see what the other person sees. Funny how that works, but I guess we all see things a little differently.

Luci45 "Sven and Tweety's Cyber-Cafe" - that's quite a change of style for you! Funny though.
    and "Maria Clarisse Lifestyles Show" - lovely render. I picked up the $1.99 Dark Rites too (amazing how a cheap price sells) and I think I've only ever used it in a RRRR!

Thanks, Melanie.

• Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks to real live dropping onto my head, I was unable to finish in time ... but since I want to show ( :P ), here out of the race what should have been my second entry ...

Drawn:
    Dynamic Peasant Clothing for M4
    Jepes Jewels And Tears for V4
    Tequila Hair
    Deadly Beauty

Other things used:

... uhm ...
    M4 with Creature Creator, Beach Hair and a custome texture
    V4 with Fairy Wings Deluxe and Liz texture

Hope I didn't forget anything ...

Winterlace_#2_Fairy_jokes.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 527K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

When/where do we vote?

edited December 1969

Contest closed, voting will begin shorty ;-)

edited December 1969
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Hey Totte. I was just reviewing the images to decide on my votes. Your Romulans and Julie is great. I totally missed it the first time around. This time I saw the reference. Romeo and Juliet!

edited December 1969

Winners are now announced in this thread!