Here is Pull #1

Millennium Cat LE
    Nerd3D Gloves Set
    Palenque Ruins
    Atonement

ncamp

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Welcome aboard, looks like a tough first pull ;-)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

is it okay if I post my premonition entry in the stonemason contest as a non-entry to get me in this weeks random drawing, or do I need to wait until the end of this contest?

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    is it okay if I post my premonition entry in the stonemason contest as a non-entry to get me in this weeks random drawing, or do I need to wait until the end of this contest?

You can post it (and a great idea btw)...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

Where does Stonemason announce the weekly winners? Is it just mixed into the contest thread posts someplace?
    edited December 1969

I saw yours there Totte! And yes the winners are announced in the thread. It's too bad that Stonemason doesn't have a separate gallery post page just for the images like here at the RRRR. When it comes time for the community voting portion I get the feeling a lot of the earlier entries may get overlooked as there are so many pages to scroll through.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited February 2013

And, as the weekend approaches, and I'm looking for something to do (re-organizing the attic ain't even on the long list, even though I really need to do it...), here's another non-compete:

755 - Brute Force: RawArt Brute Bundle
    79 - Earane Textures
    484 - West Park Poses
    631 - Central Park - Twilight

This should be easy. Man, where were pulls like this when they actually might have mattered!?

And here it is.

From Brute Force Bundle:
    Brute Wolf (morph and texture)
    Brute Action pose

Also used:
    DMR Lynette (head and texture)
    Stahr-Mayden Hair (RDNA)
    Ancient Prophecies
    Andromeda's Legend for V4
    Amaya Hair for V4
    Amiel Hair (SP3)
    Michael 4 (right out of the box - no morphs, textures or other fiddly-bits at all!)
    M4 Urban Wear

Did you know that those V4 West Park poses work on Stephanie 3? Okay, the hands go a little spaz-a-tronic, but a V3 hand pose will fix that right up!

Title: "Say Hello To My Leetle Friend...!"
    It was a simple rescue mission, that suddenly careened onto a decidedly 'Oh, S***!' trajectory....

RRRR_Janfeb2013_NC06.png
    800 x 600 - 567K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:
    Here is Pull #1

Millennium Cat LE
    Nerd3D Gloves Set
    Palenque Ruins
    Atonement

ncamp

TAG: ncamp #01
    TITLE: Grave Kitty

I did add a little fur to the cat

RRRR_Grave_Kitty.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 493K
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

Hey, Luci - we both drew the Cyber-Arm Extender! Dueling Renders! (Cue the Deliverance music....)

:lol: Haha. I like what you did a lot better. I guess I need to do one more, an nae, to redeem myself for that sucky #7. (I blame Rendo's Coffee Shop, which I bought a long time ago for Poser. I put new materials on where I could, but damn, it's ugly!)

So I drew:
    Sorcerous Furnishings
    Dark Rites
    Zeppelin Star
    Samson for Genesis

This could be very twisted.

edited December 1969

Yeah, why not? Last one, one more time, as I like to say to my bartender!

The draw:
    1128 - Bridal Dress Design Kit for SP
    411 - Lafayette Bedroom
    1013 - V4 and M4 Skeletons
    1822 - Philly Hair

Hmm, this is about as subtle as a baseball bat between the eyes.

Somebody -- please, somebody! -- dare me to do this!!

Okay, Totte, you win; Challenge accepted! ;-)

edited December 1969

The draw:
    411 - Lafayette Bedroom
    1822 - Philly Hair

Gosh, the final scene in Lady Gaga's Bad Romance video comes to mind!
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

The draw:
    411 - Lafayette Bedroom
    1822 - Philly Hair

I haven't bothered to watch a music video since Fleetwood Mac's Gypsy, so I'm afraid I'm not getting the reference; but if it's anything like that wickedly creepy scene from near the end of Beetlejuice..., yeah, I'm definitely heading in that direction!
    edited December 1969

What do ya say. Special prize for the duel. Both draws sound exciting.

edited December 1969

barbult said:

The draw:
    411 - Lafayette Bedroom
    1822 - Philly Hair

I haven't bothered to watch a music video since Fleetwood Mac's Gypsy, so I'm afraid I'm not getting the reference; but if it's anything like that wickedly creepy scene from near the end of Beetlejuice..., yeah, I'm definitely heading in that direction!

In case you want to check it out: http://www.vevo.com/watch/lady-gaga/bad-romance/USUV70903493
    The video is visually stunning and fascinating. I like the song, too. Note: the video does come with an "explicit" warning.
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

barbult said:

In case you want to check it out: http://www.vevo.com/watch/lady-gaga/bad-romance/USUV70903493
    The video is visually stunning and fascinating. I like the song, too. Note: the video does come with an "explicit" warning.

Oh, wow, that was..., um, that was....

Actually, I honestly don't know what that was, apart from being a good example of the reason I haven't watched a music video since the late eighties! Guess I'm just too 'old-school'. (I'm more the 'Wagner's Ring Cycle' type - especially the end of the final act of Die Valkure - as the curtain is coming down, basically the entire stage is on fire! It's a weapons-grade Whoa! moment, for sure!)

I suppose the 'guy' version of that video would have to be Billy Idol's White Wedding. (I tried to include a link, but both VH-1's and MTV's versions of the video caused my browser to blow up - and I probably shouldn't read any more into that than absolutely necessary, but if you want to, feel free!) Decidedly misogynistic, and that scene with the barbed-wire wedding ring -- you don't have to be Fellini to figure that out!
    edited February 2013

Ken, I'm not sure anybody really knows what is going on in that video, but I still find it fascinating after watching it a dozen times since it came out. Anyway, now you know the reference to the final scene. I look forward to your interpretation of your drawn items.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

You challenge me to a non-comp draw? I'm in!

#3025 V5 Shoe Pack
    #2807 Tess (Rendo)
    #3000 US Assault Glider CG 4A Hadrian (OnTarget)
    #1396 Elegance for Sensibility (Rendo)

That was weird, hight numbers and not a single item used before in RRRR, and a weird mix!

edited December 1969

*** NOT AN ENTRY ***

Totte said:

#3025 V5 Shoe Pack
    #2807 Tess (Rendo)

That was weird, hight numbers and not a single item used before in RRRR, and a weird mix!

That was quick! I agree Ken, why don't we get pulls like this when we're doing contest pulls.

Also Used:
    V4 + Sensibility + Majra hair + B9999 SheerTerror
    Genesis + Doyle + Daedelus M3
    Urban City Sprawl 2
    AoA Atmospherics Cameras

Opps! Were did Wendy go?

opps-wendy.jpg
    1001 x 1200 - 157K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    *** NOT AN ENTRY ***
    Totte said:

#3025 V5 Shoe Pack
    #2807 Tess (Rendo)

That was quick! I agree Ken, why don't we get pulls like this when we're doing contest pulls.

Also Used:
    V4 + Sensibility + Majra hair + B9999 SheerTerror
    Genesis + Doyle + Daedelus M3
    Urban City Sprawl 2
    AoA Atmospherics Cameras

Opps! Were did Wendy go?

Totte, that's great! I love it!! :lol:

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited December 1969

Not an Entry - Just for Fun - Need to keep my RRRR skills up

Time Travellers

This was a kinda strange pull:

Skyrider
    Moods Bundle - Expressions for Genesis
    Jepe's Hairy for M4
    Sensibility for Victoria 4

Sensiblity seems to be a popular pull these days, eh Totte?
    All, in all, some fun stuff going on here.

TimeTravelers.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 356K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

#3025 V5 Shoe Pack
    #2807 Tess (Rendo)

Actually, Totte, I was just anticipating your response to my request for someone to dare me to do that last pull, knowing full well what was likely to result (as in, something really sick and demented -- like the image I'm about to post...!)

edited February 2013

The draw:
    411 - Lafayette Bedroom
    1822 - Philly Hair

In other words, this one.

It isn't what I originally intended; I wanted to put the bridal gown on the V4 skeleton, then use the Poser Cloth Room to collapse the mesh around her, pose her on the Lafayette bed, add some cob-webs and atmospherics, and title it 'Jilted'. (Think of a mix of that scene from Beetlejuice that I mentioned, along with that scene from the end of Somewhere in Time, where a despondent Christopher Reeve just allowed himself to waste away.... The 'visceral responses' no doubt would have come thick and fast! In any event, it didn't work, so I had to fall back to Plan B.)

Also used:
    Basic Room and Pool by Music2u4u (a ShareCG freebie)
    Dream Home Foyer Living Room Furniture
    Michael 3
    Everyday Male for Michael 3
    M3 Tuxedo
    Jamie Hair by AprilYSH (another ShareCG freebie)
    Budding Romance M3/S3 Poses

Title: Wedding-Night Revelations
    Stephanie: "Okay, so you served four years for securities fraud, so what? I mean..., hell! We all have a few skeletons in our closets, right?"
    Mike: "Um, so it would appear...."

RRRR_Janfeb2013_NC07.png
    906 x 642 - 638K
    edited December 1969

Maria Clarisse "Lifestyles" Show
    "Today we are very thrilled to be touring the home of 10th generation Satanist, Count
    Teuflisch. What can you tell us about your famous lifestyle, Count.."
    "Call me Vladdy, Please. I want to reassure your viewers that I am really very much like them, very civilized. Unlike my more, haha, rapacious ancestors, I have many other hobbies..."

I guess this is a little dark, but with this pull it could have been so much worse. (I bought the Dark Rites bundle last year because it was $1.99. Yuk! What was I thinking?)

I hope you enjoy it, Ken. I think Vladdy is a friend of your demon-guy.
    Pull:
    Sorcerous Furnishings
    Dark Rites
    Zeppelin Star
    Samson for Genesis

Also used
    Loretta and Lorenzo LoRez
    Wolf King w King of Wolves texture
    props from Opus Magnum
    Breezy for Summer Dress
    Georgina Hair and Colors for Georgina Hair
    Gabriella
    M5 Beard
    Sleek Hair

dark_rites_final.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 537K
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    "Today we are very thrilled to be touring the home of 10th generation Satanist, Count
    "Call me Vladdy, Please. I want to reassure your viewers that I am really very much like them, very civilized. Unlike my more, haha, rapacious ancestors, I have many other hobbies..."

I guess this is a little dark, but with this pull it could have been so much worse. (I bought the Dark Rites bundle last year because it was $1.99. Yuk! What was I thinking?)

Pull:
    Sorcerous Furnishings
    Dark Rites
    Zeppelin Star
    Samson for Genesis

Also used
    props from Opus Magnum
    Breezy for Summer Dress
    Gabriella
    M5 Beard
    Sleek Hair

Luci, that is delightful! And it's not dark, at all! (At least, that's not my take on it.) It's quirky. It's whimsical. Very tongue-in-cheek. It's just an all-around damn good piece of work. Kudos!

And yeah, Vladdy and my 'demon-guy' (his name is Mihael, by the way) are on the same darts team at their neighborhood watering hole. They both suck (I know you want to, but please, let's not go there!) - in fact, the whole team has a solid lock on last place in their league, but seriously: where else can they drink a lot of beer and throw sharp pointy objects across a room without getting yelled at?
    edited December 1969

Luci, that is delightful! And it's not dark, at all! (At least, that's not my take on it.) It's quirky. It's whimsical. Very tongue-in-cheek. It's just an all-around damn good piece of work. Kudos!

And yeah, Vladdy and my 'demon-guy' (his name is Mihael, by the way) are on the same darts team at their neighborhood watering hole. They both suck (I know you want to, but please, let's not go there!) - in fact, the whole team has a solid lock on last place in their league, but seriously: where else can they drink a lot of beer and throw sharp pointy objects across a room without getting yelled at?

Thanks, Ken! But... not dark, at all? Hmmmm, well OK. BTW, I understand that your skeletons wouldn't cooperate, but I expected much wickeder from your last pull. I guess we 'old-school' types should leave Wagner alone and watch more Lady Gaga videos. Well, anyway, good thing our boys spend a lot of time drinking beer and throwing darts. It keeps them out of trouble, most of the time... ;-P

Bohemian3, I love your Time Travellers. Gorgeous light. (and thanks for the wonderful complements a few weeks back. I was in a funk and they really made my day.)

edited February 2013

Actually, Luci, 'Plan B' was, in point of fact, more correctly, 'Plan C' -- the original 'Plan B' was something on the theme of 'Ted Bundy's Honeymoon'. But there was no way I could have gone there without major repercussions, so I quickly abandoned that line of thought. Then I remembered that old Urban Legend, about the hotel room with the body hidden in the hollowed-out box springs under the bed, and the rest, as they say, is history.... I'm sorry if I disappointed you; but, better that than totally freaking you out.

And yeah, it wasn't dark - at least, not to me. Hey, is Elvira dark? No, she's campy, she's funny, she's 'totally boobalicious'. ('Say, do them things there influence the tides?') That was pretty much what I saw in your image. Of course, the 'bubble-headed bleached blonde' (with a nod to Don Henley's Dirty Laundry) all but shoving a microphone up his nose may have had something to do with my take on the scene.

Whatever, it was a great story, and you did a marvelous job telling it!

(And the Count reminds me just a little bit of Al Gore. Was that intentional?)

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

Pull:
    Sorcerous Furnishings
    Dark Rites
    Zeppelin Star
    Samson for Genesis

Also used
    props from Opus Magnum
    Breezy for Summer Dress
    Gabriella
    M5 Beard
    Sleek Hair

As usual you pull off something great with every pull ;-) I just love it! And I agree the Runtime is full of things you should categorize as "Why the heck did I buy this?"

edited December 1969

Actually, Luci, 'Plan B' was, in point of fact, more correctly, 'Plan C' -- the original 'Plan B' was something on the theme of 'Ted Bundy's Honeymoon'. But there was no way I could have gone there without major repercussions, so I quickly abandoned that line of thought. Then I remembered that old Urban Legend, about the hotel room with the body hidden in the hollowed-out box springs under the bed, and the rest, as they say, is history.... I'm sorry if I disappointed you; but, better that than totally freaking you out.

And yeah, it wasn't dark - at least, not to me. Hey, is Elvira dark? No, she's campy, she's funny, she's 'totally boobalicious'. ('Say, do them things there influence the tides?') That was pretty much what I saw in your image. Of course, the 'bubble-headed bleached blonde' (with a nod to Don Henley's Dirty Laundry) all but shoving a microphone up his nose may have had something to do with my take on the scene.

Whatever, it was a great story, and you did a marvelous job telling it!

(And the Count reminds me just a little bit of Al Gore. Was that intentional?)

Hey, hey! Al Gore?! Watch it there, Ken, I'm a lefty! (He does have some of that smugness though...) Best to leave politics out of the forums or things could get uglier than your original 'Plan B.' :ahhh: Thanks for not grossing me out with that, BTW - it would have been my luck to see it before a moderator removed it. ;-P

And thanks again. I liked the way Maria Clarisse turned out - so many TV women look like that to me.

As usual you pull off something great with every pull ;-) I just love it! And I agree the Runtime is full of things you should categorize as "Why the heck did I buy this?"

Thanks, Totte! That makes me feel good. :-) Yes, a lot of "great deals" I've never used. I just have too much stuff now, but can't stop buying more.

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

Thanks, Totte! That makes me feel good. :-) Yes, a lot of "great deals" I've never used. I just have too much stuff now, but can't stop buying more.

DAZ Studio - the best heroinware in town - the first doze is free.

edited February 2013

Luci45 said:

Hey, hey! Al Gore?! Watch it there, Ken, I'm a lefty! (He does have some of that smugness though...) Best to leave politics out of the forums or things could get uglier than your original 'Plan B.' :ahhh: Thanks for not grossing me out with that, BTW - it would have been my luck to see it before a moderator removed it. ;-P

And thanks again. I liked the way Maria Clarisse turned out - so many TV women look like that to me.

Oh, no, no, no, Luci! You misapprehend me! I was just noting a (very) slight physical resemblance - remember his bearded days? And a little bit around the eyes.

For some reason, I am able to find resemblances to famous people pretty much wherever I go. One of my bartenders, at the (now, sadly, defunct) Bennigan's in San Diego, was a dead-ringer for Tea Leone. (And the manager looked so much like Dick Cheney that I thought I had finally discovered the infamous 'undisclosed location'!) Another bartender, at my neighborhood hangout in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, looked so much like Laura Dern it was just plain, flat-out creepy! (Another, at the same place, bore a strong resemblance to Sandra Bullock. And a couple of my fellow barflies were damn near doppelgangers for Mike Piazza and Tom Cruise.)

So it's probably just me; I'm so used to seeing these similarities that I perhaps unconsciously look for them.