(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

dumorian said:
    Note for DIM users: As of this moment, it seems that only 2 of the three files needed show up in DIM. So you need to download and install at least the one file the old way.

I opened up a problem ticket in the bugtracker on this - and I'm now downloading the third file with DIM.

There also seems to be an install issue with the pdf using DIM - I didn't get any error message, and there weren't any errors in the DIM log, but it looks like DIM didn't actually install the pdf. Not a big problem - just do the unzip manually. (I included that issue in my bug report - so it may get fixed yet this weekend).

• 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey Sickle,

Just to let you know that i'm trying to purchase your product and the daz store won't let me. (i get an error that i can only purchase 1, but never purchased, so i can't add to cart) Not looking for store support, just a note if you noticed that sales are down.

any chance that you can expand the stores that sell this item?

thanks in advance

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey Sickle,

Just to let you know that i'm trying to purchase your product and the daz store won't let me. (i get an error that i can only purchase 1, but never purchased, so i can't add to cart) Not looking for store support, just a note if you noticed that sales are down.

any chance that you can expand the stores that sell this item?

thanks in advance

First be sure your logged in, then add any other item to your cart. Now open your cart. Both items should show in your cart now. Remove the unwanted item from your cart and checkout. It is a known glitch in the store. If this does not work I would send a Support Ticket to Daz3D.
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

ASs Arkham Angel converted to Genesis using SRMS.

Boots converted really well with only very slight distortion.

ArkhamGen.jpg
    778 x 1100 - 170K
  • KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited February 2013

It took me a few tries to get my first converted V4 item to go right (mostly due to smoothing levels) but once I got one outfit done doing others was quick and easy.
    Great product! :-)

Post edited by KinnieM on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

This looks like a great product - I must try to find the money for it.

I'd like to echo the requests from others earlier in this thread for something to help with hair conversions, as AutoFit or the Transfer Utility plus smoothing doesn't produce a good or even just about usable result on all hairs by any means. For instance, Midnight Prince hair, which I've been trying to convert to Genesis for use on V4 or V5 shaped characters. AutoFit/Transfer utility makes a horrible mess of the bangs at the front, and the lower edge of the sides, and smoothing doesn;t help. I can correct the problem on M4-shape Genesis by importing the original obj as a morph to correct the generated M4 morph in the converted hair, but that doesn't help with a V4 or V5 morphed Genesis.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited February 2013

DavidGB said:
    This looks like a great product - I must try to find the money for it.

I'd like to echo the requests from others earlier in this thread for something to help with hair conversions, as AutoFit or the Transfer Utility plus smoothing doesn't produce a good or even just about usable result on all hairs by any means. For instance, Midnight Prince hair, which I've been trying to convert to Genesis for use on V4 or V5 shaped characters. AutoFit/Transfer utility makes a horrible mess of the bangs at the front, and the lower edge of the sides, and smoothing doesn;t help. I can correct the problem on M4-shape Genesis by importing the original obj as a morph to correct the generated M4 morph in the converted hair, but that doesn't help with a V4 or V5 morphed Genesis.

I'll see what I can do. Some forms of distortion I've found are an artifact of the actual code of the conversion process and I can't affect them with templates (viz., about a five degree backward pull on heels, for instance) but it may be I can at least improve upon it. I have a lot of long hairs that haven't converted as well as I'd like even with TU.

That looks really cool, willowfan. :-)

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

For those who, like me, were wondering "but will it do long coats?" and "What about my G3 products?": my conversion of the CIS Coat for M3. Thank you SO MUCH for this -- it's going to save me oodles of time, effort, and screaming, plus bringing back some stuff I'd thought was lost to me.

SRMSAutofit.jpg
    1061 x 1100 - 445K
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:
    For those who, like me, were wondering "but will it do long coats?" and "What about my G3 products?": my conversion of the CIS Coat for M3. Thank you SO MUCH for this -- it's going to save me oodles of time, effort, and screaming, plus bringing back some stuff I'd thought was lost to me.

Now how the heck did you get it to work with an M3 item?

Hm. I guess the templates themselves are for base Genesis, not Gen4, so it's possible (since I didn't do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won't work well, I'm guessing).

How about that. You surprised me with my own product. :D

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I have to take a second to throw you a few kudos as well... I managed to rig this outfit with your product and it behaved better across the various shapes (and custom morphs) than with the transfer utility. I can't show what I'm workin' on ( ;) ) but just wanted you to know.

edited December 1969

I have to take a second to throw you a few kudos as well... I managed to rig this outfit with your product and it behaved better across the various shapes (and custom morphs) than with the transfer utility. I can't show what I'm workin' on ( ;) ) but just wanted you to know.

Thank you!! I'm glad it's working so well for you.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to working with this, as soon as I can get the files downloaded. The manual downloaded fine, but the other two files aren't completely downloading. I'll keep trying 'til I get them. I am enjoying reading the manual at the moment.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited February 2013

Oooh. It's not supposed to? Well, "ignorance is bliss, just cross your fingers and remember the 30-day money back guarantee" pays off again. :D

You got me paranoid though, so I tried a few other items. Results were mixed. In that initial conversion I'd been using the rather excellent movement morphs in the CIS coat rather than the skirt handles to move it around (since Autofit and Transfer Utility had consistently lost those, I was happy enough to have 'em back). When you get something like the RDNA Beasthunter coat that relied on a custom rig rather than morphs... yeah, not so good, as anything more than bare minimum use of the skirt handles causes stretching. And the one long dress I tried (the free Butterfly Dress) didn't work out well at all... better than the Autofit by a long shot, but not really usable. On the other hand, Kobomox's T-Coat came through with no more than minor burps, ten times better than the Autofit version, and with no particular stretching -- I assume because it's knee-length, not floor-length.

So yeah -- if you're using this on G3 items it's a bit of a craps shoot. Personally I'm still considering it money well spent. I can get dresses anywhere, but decent long coats (of which I am obviously a fan) are relatively rare, and getting the T-Coat and the CIS back is retrieving about 50% of my stock.

since I didn't do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won't work well, I'm guessing.

I figured as much from following this thread, but honestly I haven't had that much trouble getting the G3 shoes to fit Genesis -- much less than the G4. Weird, eh? I'll try and do some boots when I get the chance to see how they go.

Post edited by katfeete on
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:

Oooh. It's not supposed to? Well, "ignorance is bliss, just cross your fingers and remember the 30-day money back guarantee" pays off again. :D

You got me paranoid though, so I tried a few other items. Results were mixed. In that initial conversion I'd been using the rather excellent movement morphs in the CIS coat rather than the skirt handles to move it around (since Autofit and Transfer Utility had consistently lost those, I was happy enough to have 'em back). When you get something like the RDNA Beasthunter coat that relied on a custom rig rather than morphs... yeah, not so good, as anything more than bare minimum use of the skirt handles causes stretching. And the one long dress I tried (the free Butterfly Dress) didn't work out well at all... better than the Autofit by a long shot, but not really usable. On the other hand, Kobomox's T-Coat came through with no more than minor burps, ten times better than the Autofit version, and with no particular stretching -- I assume because it's knee-length, not floor-length.

So yeah -- if you're using this on G3 items it's a bit of a craps shoot. Personally I'm still considering it money well spent. I can get dresses anywhere, but decent long coats (of which I am obviously a fan) are relatively rare, and getting the T-Coat and the CIS back is retrieving about 50% of my stock.

since I didn't do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won't work well, I'm guessing.

I figured as much from following this thread, but honestly I haven't had that much trouble getting the G3 shoes to fit Genesis -- much less than the G4. Weird, eh? I'll try and do some boots when I get the chance to see how they go.

Well, custom bones are lost in G4 as well, that's not a Gen 3 issue. There was no way around that when converting a mesh from one rigging system to another, at least not that I've found.

I wonder if the shoe/boot thing is because Gen 3's feet are closer in shape to those of Genesis (and thus the rigging boot template I made)? Gen 4's pointy toes are certainly a pain as far as that part of the conversion goes.

• edited December 1969

Hm. I guess the templates themselves are for base Genesis, not Gen4, so it's possible (since I didn't do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won't work well, I'm guessing).

Except for shoes and boots, I don't see why this wouldn't work for any figure which you have an Autofit clone for. My next project is to transfer over one of my favorites, A3's Cool Fever.

And if you have Wardrobe Wizard or CrossDresser, there's no reason you couldn't transfer clothing from just about any figure to V4 or M4, and then re-rig it to fit Genesis.

In short, for all those people who cried about not being able to use Makva's clothes on Mavka for Genesis, well, now you can. With the right software and licenses, of course. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be possible.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I wonder if the shoe/boot thing is because Gen 3's feet are closer in shape to those of Genesis (and thus the rigging boot template I made)? Gen 4's pointy toes are certainly a pain as far as that part of the conversion goes.

As far as I read it is because Gen3 feet are modeled flat, like Genesis, contrary to Gen4 feet.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:

How about that. You surprised me with my own product. :D

I've found that it can work well with Gen3, but that how well it works is highly dependent on the actual product. For example, the shape of Dark Paladins for F3 came through fairly well, but its problem is that the material and rigidity zones don't seem to be well defined, so the big chunky belt essentially crumbles into the skirt texture after conversion. Victorian Coat V3 did not come through at all, using either SRMS or Wancow's method. (Something weird with the sleeves.) It did a great job with the David Fantasy skirt. I wound up using a combination of Wancow's method and SRMS for the Steampunk Cowboy coat. Hercules for the Freak mostly came through OK, except for some odd bending at the back.

Apart from the particularness of it, the main difference I've found between using SRMS to convert Gen3 or Gen4 stuff is that most of the Gen3 stuff seems to need a lot more smoothing. I mean, a LOT more smoothing; depending on the item, smoothing iterations have been between 6 and 20, and collisions between 6 and 10.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Sensibility Coat worked very well.

srms_.jpg
    843 x 739 - 102K
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited February 2013

Awesome!!! Definitely worth purchasing. It took me a few tries to get it right but here's my first conversion using Hermione Blue.

Hermione Blue using SRMS. I used the longer method listed in the manual...converted to weightmapping then used the Transfer Utility. Arrows point to all the areas that look better than Autofit. I'll also post an image of same character; same pose using Autofit for comparison. (Cape is also using same preset from Hermione Blue MOR cape pose.) The loin cloth pose is slightly different as I had to cover her a bit. I didn't have to provide any coverage with Autofit as the loin sticks to the thighs.

cute-hb-render-1-autofit.jpg
    818 x 1000 - 217K
    cute-hb-render-1-w-system.jpg
    818 x 1000 - 201K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

SRMS really does work pretty well at converting high heels.

This is Anarchy by RPublishing

anarchy.jpg
    778 x 1100 - 82K
    edited December 1969

Awesome. :-)

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Just bought, downloaded, and finished reading the manual.

One thing seemed to be missing in the described workflows. A sale point is the ability to add better, custom morphs to existing Genesis clothing, e.g. with breast bridging for the female morphs. Which would be the method in the final chapter. But in many cases this will be replacing an existing, not so good morph. But the manual workflow doesn't describe getting rid of the existing morph. Should there not be mention of deleting the data dsf file for the old morph, or deleting the morph with the property editor?

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Just bought, downloaded, and finished reading the manual.

One thing seemed to be missing in the described workflows. A sale point is the ability to add better, custom morphs to existing Genesis clothing, e.g. with breast bridging for the female morphs. Which would be the method in the final chapter. But in many cases this will be replacing an existing, not so good morph. But the manual workflow doesn't describe getting rid of the existing morph. Should there not be mention of deleting the data dsf file for the old morph, or deleting the morph with the property editor?

The other morph will be overwritten if it has the same name (FBMVictoria5 will overwrite a preexisting FBMVictoria5, etc.). So actually what I wish I'd put in but didn't is that if you have an outfit with, say, two good FBMs, you should back those up in case they are better than the generated ones (and paste them back over the data files).

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

Awesome. :-)

yep, this is the word... your SRMS is just awesome and worth the buy, i'm so happy to finally be able to use Gen4 or Gen3 outfits on my Genesis characters

• vienastoksvienastoks Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I also bought SRMS with high hopes that it would help me convert Generation 4 outfits and have "genesis only" library. :) It appears though that I have much to learn yet - the results were quite unsatisfactory even though I followed the manual to the letter.

My problem (I will add screenshots later - I write this from a computer without DS) was with the geometry in the chest region. Whenever I tried to convert some outfit for V4 using default Genesis figure as source (as shown in the manual) I got a mangled "sack" of cloth under the breast that didn't disappear even after applying female shapes and using a variety of smoothing options (yes, saved, deleted and reloaded from the library as the manual instructs).

The manual shows Sickle Mage Robe fitting tightly to the default Genesis, but I can't get this result with some early V4 items like Domino shirt or Provocative Dress and the Top from the same dress. My guess is that these outfits are made in a way that makes smooth reduction of the breast area impossible. I tried to do the conversion using Basic Female, but got the same results. Maybe I should use V4 shape for Genesis instead?

I also failed to get good results for shoes, but this was only expected as SRMS only promises to have shoe add-ons in the future.

I am sorry to post my problem seeing that many people here post only the showcase of their success. I will try to experiment with other items and see if I'm more successful (yesterday I tried 5 items and failed with all of them).

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Not sure if this is the domino shirt that you are refering to, I just loaded it up and transferred, didn't do any fiddling or anything with it so probably the results could be improved on. I've only done one outfit so far so am still figuring things out. Here is a side by side render of the domino shirt I have with the transfers of genesis and how it loads and renders on V4. Had to change the material of the shirt as it was see through. I didn't have time to do much else as I am heading out the door to work.

domino.jpg
    1009 x 545 - 64K
  • thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

The manual shows Sickle Mage Robe fitting tightly to the default Genesis, but I can't get this result with some early V4 items like Domino shirt or Provocative Dress and the Top from the same dress. My guess is that these outfits are made in a way that makes smooth reduction of the breast area impossible. I tried to do the conversion using Basic Female, but got the same results. Maybe I should use V4 shape for Genesis instead?

I just did a test converting the Domino for V4 shirt, following the SRMS instruction manual, and it worked quite well ( the screenshot below is Genesis with the V4 shape at 100%, but it also worked with V5, etc.). The straps might need some adjustment, but there's no major problems in the chest area. When I loaded it on the default Genesis, it fits tight with no mangling (I forgot to take a screenshot).

I don't have Provocative Dress so I can't test that one.

Are you remembering to check "Reverse Source Shape from Target" in the Transfer Utility, under "Show Options >>>"? I made that mistake with something in Transfer Utility once, and the results were similar to what you described. It seems this option is generally not checked by default.

Domino_V4_on_V4_Genesis_shape.jpg
    197 x 280 - 19K
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Thoreandan,

it is possible that I missed that "reverse" thingy. Not actually forgot, but I noticed that sometimes my click would select and highlight the line, but somehow miss the checkbox. Will have to try again. Provocative top is very somewhat similar to the Domino shirt. I'll try in a few hours and post my results.

edited December 1969

Not sure if this is the domino shirt that you are refering to, I just loaded it up and transferred, didn't do any fiddling or anything with it so probably the results could be improved on. I've only done one outfit so far so am still figuring things out. Here is a side by side render of the domino shirt I have with the transfers of genesis and how it loads and renders on V4. Had to change the material of the shirt as it was see through. I didn't have time to do much else as I am heading out the door to work.

I meant the instances when I have a different shape than V4 - Basic Female, for example. I know converting to V4 shape for Genesis is beneficial too, but I sort of hoped to use the outfit on other Genesis based female shapes (or in certain cases of fantasy clothing - even on male shapes). I will try to illustrate my problem a bit later when I get home.

Thanks for your help!

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Here is a sample on different figures hitomi, mavka and sayaka.

hitomi.jpg
    1387 x 651 - 138K