Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Very nice renders.  I love it when renders just happen.  I get some of my best renders that way.  Very nicely done.  :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks!  I also get some of my best renders that way, it's very cool when a scene just starts to flow from out of nowhere. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

I was doing a conversion from V4 to Genesis in preparation for moving the Giai outfit up the chain to G2 and G3 and ultimately using it on G8, when this render just kind of happened.  I was going to do a dynamic drape on the dress so I picked a pose and this is the result.  I never did do the draping lol, as most of the skirt is hidden. I used a ton of props from various sets and miscellaneous props.  Used @KindredArts Ghost Light Expansion to light the back left corner (my left).  This is the Medieval Study, by @BlueBird 3d I shrunk the desk down a bit and moved the chair out of view and added bunch more props. The study is long and narrow (its very cool actually) but by focusing on just a small corner of it, it totally changed the perspective.  Just a reminder to check out all the nooks and crannies of your sets, you never know what you might come up with (this is mostly a reminder to myself as I tend to forget that I dont' HAVE to use the whole scene and to stop and really LOOK at everything and to think outside of the box a bit when trying to use stuff.

CAN I HELP YOU?

I like this. it just feels right. When I first looked at it though I thought the horn, bottom right, was a disembodied leg. (Just goes to show how my mind works as I see another render within a render) :)

Hahaha that would certainly change the whole feel of the piece!  I love it lol.  And thank you very much!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    Fishtales said:

I was doing a conversion from V4 to Genesis in preparation for moving the Giai outfit up the chain to G2 and G3 and ultimately using it on G8, when this render just kind of happened.  I was going to do a dynamic drape on the dress so I picked a pose and this is the result.  I never did do the draping lol, as most of the skirt is hidden. I used a ton of props from various sets and miscellaneous props.  Used @KindredArts Ghost Light Expansion to light the back left corner (my left).  This is the Medieval Study, by @BlueBird 3d I shrunk the desk down a bit and moved the chair out of view and added bunch more props. The study is long and narrow (its very cool actually) but by focusing on just a small corner of it, it totally changed the perspective.  Just a reminder to check out all the nooks and crannies of your sets, you never know what you might come up with (this is mostly a reminder to myself as I tend to forget that I dont' HAVE to use the whole scene and to stop and really LOOK at everything and to think outside of the box a bit when trying to use stuff.

CAN I HELP YOU?

I like this. it just feels right. When I first looked at it though I thought the horn, bottom right, was a disembodied leg. (Just goes to show how my mind works as I see another render within a render) :)

Funny thing I had the same thought... I guess it comes with the bent in the horn or something like that.

But yes that really is a lovely render!

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461

CAN I HELP YOU?

Love this!

Thank you!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You are the most amazing artist Sonja, I aspire to be as good as you are!!!

Aw thank you Sapphire!  You are making huge progress yourself!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited June 2017

Okay, there must be something wrong with me. I looked at the render and saw a horn on the table...

The image looks really good. I especially like the lighting on her skin.

As for Adobe CC, I am so glad I bought CS6 before they went to a subscription service. I can see how a subscription would work very well for a business, with the entire cost being tax deductible and always having the latest versions of software, but the model isn't a good one for individuals, especially hobbiests. And as your situation has highlighted, it can even cause real problems. Can you imagine this happening to a small business owner whose livelihood depended on access to Photoshop? Adobe's inability to fix something like this could cause significant financial hardship, and on someone who has already been victimized!

I don't know if this will help at all, but I've seen this link shared in a couple of places, including the Hidden Treasures thread by @giselle3000: https://www.humblebundle.com/software-bundle. Might be worth taking a look at...

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Wow-what a great render, Sonja!  I love the brick-a-brack and her expression as well.

Thanks L'Adair, I've grabbed that bundle this morning I appreciate it.  You are absolutely correct, what if I was doing book covers (which I intend to do in the near future) and I had a deadline?  I would be totally screwed to say the least.

Thanks DarwinsMishaps I appreciate it, I had a lot of fun with this one and happy with how it turned out.

edited June 2017

Concert was rained out so we are haning out at the hotel and watching HGTV lol.  Still working on my clothing conversions (gonna take a long time to go through everything and move things up through the generations.  Thank goodness G8F can wear G3F clothing!).  The strap on this dress will not lay nicely on her shoulder so if I was going to use this in a serious render I would either post work it out or try and angle things so that its not noticible.

This was just a quickie to show Erika's teen daughter the program basics. I also didn't move the braid out of her shoulder lol.

QUIET TIME.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Concert was rained out so we are haning out at the hotel and watching HGTV lol.  Still working on my clothing conversions (gonna take a long time to go through everything and move things up through the generations.  Thank goodness G8F can wear G3F clothing!).  The strap on this dress will not lay nicely on her shoulder so if I was going to use this in a serious render I would either post work it out or try and angle things so that its not noticible.

This was just a quickie to show Erika's teen daughter the program basics. I also didn't move the braid out of her shoulder lol.

I situations like this one, I like to add smoothing so I can set up collision, then I go into the bones and scale things down. That dress is loose around the bodice, too. If the bones are there, I'd recommend scaling down on the X and Z axis for both the lower and upper chest. For the straps, try Y and Z. It might work, it might not. Really depends on the clothing. But I find it worth the time more often than not.

edited June 2017
    L'Adair said:

I situations like this one, I like to add smoothing so I can set up collision, then I go into the bones and scale things down. That dress is loose around the bodice, too. If the bones are there, I'd recommend scaling down on the X and Z axis for both the lower and upper chest. For the straps, try Y and Z. It might work, it might not. Really depends on the clothing. But I find it worth the time more often than not.

Ahh I did not know one could do that thank you! Edited to add I did add smoothing but didn't know/think of scaling down the bones. Great idea!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

CAN I HELP YOU?

The lighting on this is really stunning, I love the light in the middle that just stops right before the figure, and then her upper torso being lit. Bold contrast! Well done!

Thank you very much!

3 more days until the wedding.  I'm feeling a wee bit stressed.  Miss being able to work on a render to help me relax a bit lol. I'm trying to keep up with my normal threads but figured I better apologize in advance for getting behind as  its going to be very hit or miss until after the 4th

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

haha you will have lots of time to render once the young ones are married and off and away, so enjoy being with them and having that great occasion!

I am excited for them, I'm just stressed about making sure everything is done on time lol.  We are doing most of it ourselves so there is a bit of added pressure to make it look nice.

edited June 2017

Part of the team tasked with clearing the city rubble of various vermin, both native and not so native as well as any vagrants of any species, Sasha and her droid take a quick break with the rest of team before continuing on.  The droids linked to each team member stood guard against any unwelcome and unexpected intrusion.

REST BREAK I.png
    2000 x 1600 - 6M
    edited July 2017

Well, the deed is done lol.  They are now married, and it turned out to be a beautiful day. Despite the time challenge it turned out really well and I am just very happy for them. And glad all that work paid off lol.  Even the weather co operated.

19511054_10211115167169777_7554872387449808400_n.jpg
    533 x 960 - 129K

Now you can step back and take a breath; let go of the stress that's been building up.

I pray your son and his bride have a long and happy life together.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Charming couple and beautiful day.  Wishing your family all the best.

L'Adair said:

Now you can step back and take a breath; let go of the stress that's been building up.

I pray your son and his bride have a long and happy life together.

Thank you!  Yes, I am ready to just, not do anything but relax for a bit lol.  So happy we pulled it off for them. 

Diomede said:

Charming couple and beautiful day.  Wishing your family all the best.

Thank you!  They really are a good couple, clearly head over heels for the last 5 years.  I think that's a good sign lol.

edited July 2017

Not sure what is going on with her hair.  This is an older V4 hair by SAV.  No matter what I did with the lighting it will not go away.  Also seems to be some grain around the bun of her hair.  I like tis render enough to put it in my postwork to do folder.  I will fix the hair issues when I take to photoshop.

FORSAKEN.png
    1236 x 2000 - 4M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

I don't think it is a lighting problem, it looks more like reflection from the hair. Have you tried lowering the glossy reflection and/or the translucency? I would also try lowering the glossy colour from 255  to 250, I do this with all white colours as the closest to pure white in nature is snow at 253. I  would also try the OOT Hair shaders on it.

Fishtales said:

I don't think it is a lighting problem, it looks more like reflection from the hair. Have you tried lowering the glossy reflection and/or the translucency? I would also try lowering the glossy colour from 255  to 250, I do this with all white colours as the closest to pure white in nature is snow at 253. I  would also try the OOT Hair shaders on it.

Thanks! I haven't tried the glossy reflection or the translucency yet, I did put the Lustre Hair shaders on it but I also noticed that no matter what position I put her in the hair did the same thing in the exact same spot.  So I will give the glossy reflection translucency bit a try

edited July 2017

This is Tamesis - a Genesis character that comes with two different elven skins.  Very cool make ups.  She is wearing Val Helen for V4 which I am moving up through the generations.  Good movement handles on the bottom of the dress.  I did dynamically drape the bottom of the skirt from the waist down which I think gave it a much better look. This character shape has a very small waist and wide hips and the only way I could get it to looks somewhat natural was by draping the skirt dynamically.  Even with all the lovely movement handles on it the shape is a bit extreme. As always click to see it full size. I do almost all of my renders at at least 2000x

TAMESIS ELVEN GROVE.png
    1236 x 2000 - 5M

A heads up to anyone who bought the Daughters of Eve 2 Body Shapes for V4. The folder does not install correctly, its nested so the runtime folder does not merge with the library runtime.  You need to go to your library, and find the DoE 2_ Body Morphs folder and open it in a new window and then merge the runtime folder you find there with your main library runtime in order to find them and use them.

This discussion has been closed.