Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.4.122! (UPDATED)

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited June 2017

I just opened the beta on my pc and my Poser library is just not there.... It says Poser but there is nothing in it.  My regular version has everything where its supposed to be. 

Honestly I am beginning to feel like I am an idiot, but I haven't done anything but do one render on this today and I certainly did not go and mess with any files....

Never Mind - as soon as I typed this I realized what happened.

Edit - In case this happens to anyone else who has a separate drive or such, make sure you change ALL of your content directory stuff in the Content Directory Manager. 

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Does you Content Directory Manager show the right content folders under Poser Formats?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Does you Content Directory Manager show the right content folders under Poser Formats?

It does now lol.  When I loaded the Beta I missed changing the Poser files to look in the external drive it was still looking for them in the C drive and of course, they are not there...

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2017

DAZ may need to be re-consider power pose. (though I really DAZ do good job about new template for facial morph)

when I use Joint rotatin for posing, with power pose, it seems not wrok correctly with Pose controllers.  At first I suspect, I miss make pose controlelr, but  even though I only use default arms up-down,  or arm Fromt back, with parameter pose controlelr, then try to adjust each node rotation  by power pose, it somehow lock limit, or once jump to pose controller current value. 

if I use rotation in parmeter (usuall X, Y,  Z )rotation, it work with pose controllered  value.  but power pose seems confuse ,when pose with pose controller value. or can not distinguish nudge and current value. 

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited June 2017

To check this problem, first use pose controller, and use Arms Up-Down Left.  next try to rotate (bend) Forarm in power pose.

you may see, when you click dot sholder  to Up-down, suddenly arm Jump up or Down ,then make new limit for posing. 

imageimageimageimageimage

pc1.JPG
    pc2.JPG
    pc3.JPG
    pc4.JPG
    pc5.JPG
    edited June 2017

And this pose controlelr problem happen about daz usualll 3d view pose tools.  I know we can bake pose controlelr delta value by Bake to transforms.

but it means, when We use pose controlelr, everytime we need to bake to transforms.  If animator set keys for those values, then re-adjust later

what will happen?   I think those detail is really important, to enhance daz studio posing and animation. Then I everytime feel, why daz do not offer good place, we can talk these detail easy, with test and try by Many User.   then We can offer good feed-back, untill daz try new thing, then offer as public build. 

If DAZ keep current daz bug tracker un-visible from user, we can not offer feed -back for usablity.  It is OK, if daz decide current way . but I simply think, daz do not gather user feed back effectively.  

Then I could count many things which supposed to be but at current it sitll  not offer.

1. why we can not select multi node as we like from power pose window?  even though,just  use for node selection, If I work on power pose, then apply pose preset, it offer many usability.eg, I can change ficail node only, from power pose , multi node selection + apply pose preset with ctrl key. 

2, why it can not translate many facial bones 3D way ?  DAZ figure is  not 2d Figure. we  pose cheek buloon not with X and Y direction only, but need Z translate. 

if there is no assingment any more,  shift or alt modifer key and mouse drug . or daz can add option button, to change direction (X,Y) and (Z) with mouse movement.

3 why it can not scale  about any node?  

4 why there is no reset button about Facial node only ?  then I need to return scene tab, then select head, even though there are already node dot on power poes window.

5 why there is no way to Insert key, from Power pose?  but still just auto set keys when it moved?    

6 Then this is really imporatnt (or most important for me!!) ,why there is no Pectoral bones  dot even though all genesis have pectoral,,, indecision ???????   

• Questions regarding the "Smart Connect" and in-prgram installation process:

1.  Can it connect to and/or download and install from third-party websites (i.e., Renderosity.com, etc.)?

2.  Can it install more than one product at the same time?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Can it connect to and/or download and install from third-party websites (i.e., Renderosity.com, etc.)?

Connect only download\installs from DAZ.

• 2.  Can it install more than one product at the same time?

Yes, just multi-select (standard shift-click and ctrl/cmd-click modifiers) in Smart Content or the Install pane.

• sueyasueya Posts: 825
    Please can someone let me know if I need to backup my Content Directory before upgrading from V 4.9.4 to this latest beta release? Currently trying to make a list of what I need to do when I upgrade my Daz software and start using G8 figures.
  • cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited June 2017

no need backup if you don't delete your library,,

- export user data, 
    - and remember path in the content db maintenance.

-
    - install new,
    - reset database,  
    - check library path in the content db maintenance
    - re import metadata

Post edited by cm152335 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    DO NOT reset your database if you install with Daz Connect!!!!!!! Reimporting the metadata will not restore metadata for Daz Connect. If you reset the DB, Daz Connect will think all of your products are UNINSTALLED.
  • sueyasueya Posts: 825
    barbult said:
    DO NOT reset your database if you install with Daz Connect!!!!!!! Reimporting the metadata will not restore metadata for Daz Connect. If you reset the DB, Daz Connect will think all of your products are UNINSTALLED.
    I have installed some Daz products using Daz Connect and others manually. I have also installed products from other sites manually. I guess that means I can just upgrade without backing up my data.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    sueya said:
    barbult said:
    I have installed some Daz products using Daz Connect and others manually. I have also installed products from other sites manually. I guess that means I can just upgrade without backing up my data.

It's always a good idea to Export User Data, just in case, but you should be able to update from any version of 4.9.x to 4.9.4.117 without any database problems. Remember that the Beta version uses its own presets, and does not pick them up from the released version of DS. That means that you will have to use the Content Directory Manager to tell the beta where your content directory is (or directories are). If you are running a previous 4.9 beta already, you have probably already taken care of that step.

Is not DAZ forgetting something? angel  or still  keep Hard work to happy customers ?  I believe so.

I believe, DAZ not intend to make difference by Power pose template for Genesis3 and Genesis8  to force user choose G8 (V8)

Two different things (DAZ planed to up-date power pose  template more usbale for Genesis3 facial nodes,  and  DAZ need to release new generation fgiure in this month )  just happened  at same time .

Then I hope,, When up-date power pose  template,,, DAZ do not forget about  really important two bones about Figure template.   (No one may complain about  two additional bone, to move Figure mesh,,,because those two bones are already in FIgure,, long time,,,,we have rotated , move, when posing,,

DAZ added JCM ,to move with Collar too..  

why  hesitate, adding  just two bones in power pose template? make more perfect!!!   angel   or someone angry?   sad

• Hi

I just removed it from my pc. The small font hurt my eyes after a few minutes. Is this a joke or is there no option to make the UI better readable? Maybe the main user of this software is 12 years old but you know, there are people who really dont want to ruin their eyes by using this crappy UI.

I will come back as soon as DAZ Studio has a usable (and flexible) interface for screens with a higher resiolution than 1024x768. It's 2017 and not 1997. My money goes someplace else until this software is use- and readable.

What a shame to ruin such a priminsing sofwtare with such faults.

• Hi

I just removed it from my pc. The small font hurt my eyes after a few minutes. Is this a joke or is there no option to make the UI better readable? Maybe the main user of this software is 12 years old but you know, there are people who really dont want to ruin their eyes by using this crappy UI.

I will come back as soon as DAZ Studio has a usable (and flexible) interface for screens with a higher resiolution than 1024x768. It's 2017 and not 1997. My money goes someplace else until this software is use- and readable.

What a shame to ruin such a priminsing sofwtare with such faults.

On a Windows system DS will rspect the system DPI/font size setting. true UI scaling is being worked on, but it has significant impact on the application and so isn't yet available. (Though I do have to say, it is legible to me - mid-fifties with presbyopia - on a 24" monitor running at 1,920 by 1,200.)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020

Just a few things wanted to put out there for the devs... I was wondering if there'd be any chance of getting a zoom function for the render window? See what happens is I am typically rendering things twice if not three times the resolution of my screen, and especially when its going to be running for many hours or overnight etc. would be great to be able to zoom out while its in progress to see the overall image so far.

The other thing is, would there be any chance of a setting/option added to the render settings for iray to specify the number of iterations specifically? so that it will render to that point as opposed to time/convergence/samples/quality. Sometimes I render something simple, and have to extreme all those settings yet it wont clear all the speckle and noise in the mere ~260 iterations it insists to cut out on. Things may be easier if we had the option to just say "Render this scene to 4000 Iterations and stop" - If that is something achievable on daz's end laugh

Cheers

SpyroRue said:
    The other thing is, would there be any chance of a setting/option added to the render settings for iray to specify the number of iterations specifically? so that it will render to that point as opposed to time/convergence/samples/quality. Sometimes I render something simple, and have to extreme all those settings yet it wont clear all the speckle and noise in the mere ~260 iterations it insists to cut out on. Things may be easier if we had the option to just say "Render this scene to 4000 Iterations and stop" - If that is something achievable on daz's end laugh

It's a combination of those settings which can prolong the render time, and will end depends on which condition is met first. My settings are:

Max Samples: 15000
    Max Time (secs): 72000
    Rendering Quality: 3.00

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2017
    SpyroRue said:

It's a combination of those settings which can prolong the render time, and will end depends on which condition is met first. My settings are:

Max Samples: 15000
    Max Time (secs): 72000
    Rendering Quality: 3.00

Yeah am aware they all work in tandem. A good example, which prompt me to just now suggest the idea was that I have a project in works rendered in layers, It occurred to me run a simple render of a backdrop for a smooth gradient of light and shadow. It refuse to render more than a couple mins resulting with about 500 iterations with progressively increased settings to 15000 Max Sample, 48000 Max Time, 20.0 Max Quality and 99.0% convergence. Convergence is reached, yet still speckled, and wouldnt be if it'd render further.
    Plus it just a more direct simple approach to just specify iterations alone I though haha. Just food for thought smiley

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I installed the DAZ Studio 4.9.4.121 Public Beta and I get multiple warning messages about at data directory containing a Mimic INI file that is missing so therefore DAz Studio won't find DMC and similar files for usage!

Also the DAZ Studio UI is completely wacked! The UI is in a Windows 95 / Windows Recovery Mode UI style with all while background and black lettering. However maybe that is because I am running DAZ Studo 4.9.4.117 and doing a render.

It sounds like DS was installed while there was an open session of DS.

• jimlinjimlin Posts: 146

HI have just updated to latest beta version on closing 1st time i got this   IDP.Generic D:\64 BITS\DAZ 3D\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\DAZStudio.exe from avg pro deleted before infected

That's a false alarm. Can you exclude it in AVG?

• jimlinjimlin Posts: 146

That's a false alarm. Can you exclude it in AVG?

I Thank you for your fast response I do not know if i can exclude it but i will try

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Hi,

can someone please explain, why the "Stereo" camera use only works with DOF = active (ON) ?
    If DOV is off, the usage of the offset parameter causes a strange move of the resulting render round the scene.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

It sounds like DS was installed while there was an open session of DS.

Thanks. I will reinstall after my render

• moottemootte Posts: 0

I see there is an Update DAZ STUDIO v4.9.4.121
    In my Account I see no download of this New Version
    It can be that this new Update has not yet been released

It should be available. Please check your settings in DIM.