Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Awesome and creative render made even better by the snippet of story. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you @Worlds_Edge!  I need to do that more often I think, I need the practice in storytelling lol.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Very good render.  Love the little story blurb that went with it.  :)

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

There is something to be said for leaving things up to the viewer's imagination and/or interpretation, but I do love a good story. Even a few lines can increase the impact of an image. 

Well done :D

mori_mann said:

There is something to be said for leaving things up to the viewer's imagination and/or interpretation, but I do love a good story. Even a few lines can increase the impact of an image. 

Well done :D

Ya I'm always torn because if there is no story, I inevetibly create my own which is fun.  But, sometimes, I really want to know what the artist was thinking when they did the piece.  Catch 22 I gues lol.

Thank you very much KM!

edited June 2017

I'm totally freaking out.  I did the upgrade and this is what I got when I opened studio. its totally unusable like this.  The options to change colors etc isn't clickable.

daz upgrade.jpg
    1680 x 1018 - 212K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Sonja,  Thanks for pointing that out.  I left the updates un-downloaded.  I did however grab Victoria 8 Pro bundle and some add ons since they are quite inexpensive.

Hopefully you have a backup of the previous or earlier version.

wgdjohn said:

Sonja,  Thanks for pointing that out.  I left the updates un-downloaded.  I did however grab Victoria 8 Pro bundle and some add ons since they are quite inexpensive.

Hopefully you have a backup of the previous or earlier version.

I can always download the beta and use that if necessary but this should happen. I have uninstalled and am reinstalling it now to see if that helps.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I'm totally freaking out.  I did the upgrade and this is what I got when I opened studio. its totally unusable like this.  The options to change colors etc isn't clickable.

That happens when DS is still running in the background during the install.  Make sure DS isn't still running in Task Manager, then uninstall and reinstall.

Okay will try it again.  I didn't think to check the processor portion of the task manager.  Fingers crossed its loading now.

Didn't work. I'm still getting this error.  I am going to uninstall, shut down and restart and try again. 

2017-06-15 23:32:15.797 WARNING: QPainter::fontMetrics: Painter not active
    2017-06-15 23:32:15.797 WARNING: QPainter::begin: A paint device can only be painted by one painter at a time.

I'm seriously going to cry.  Uninstally and re installing isn't working.  I changed my install paths on DIM back to C drive just in case that was the issue as I have dim set up to go to an external drive for content, while the main program is still on C drive.  Didn't work.  I don't know what else to do...

I loaded the Beta and it seems to be working fine.  I have no idea whats wrong with the pro version.  Someone else had the same problem.  Don't know if they got it fixed or not.  But once its messed up it seems like their is no way to fix it, at least on my end. I have uninstalled, shut down, restarted, re installed several times.  Made sure nothing was running in the background etc etc.  I'm getting some kind of painter error. Short of literally completely uninstalling the pro from my pc and starting over I don't think I can fix it on my end...

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

That is crazy weird. I'd put in a support ticket about it. Surely you're not the only one with that issue - so chances are they'll have a fix for it. That sounds too weird - there has to be a solution. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited June 2017

I loaded the Beta and it seems to be working fine.  I have no idea whats wrong with the pro version.  Someone else had the same problem.  Don't know if they got it fixed or not.  But once its messed up it seems like their is no way to fix it, at least on my end. I have uninstalled, shut down, restarted, re installed several times.  Made sure nothing was running in the background etc etc.  I'm getting some kind of painter error. Short of literally completely uninstalling the pro from my pc and starting over I don't think I can fix it on my end...

It really sounds like there are files somewhere that aren't removed when you uninstall. Have you tried clearing your cache and temp directories?

By default, they are located here:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp
    and
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dson\cache

If you can not see your AppData folder, type %appdata% in the Start menu and Windows will open the hidden folder.

Simply delete the files in these folders.

Files, folders, anything that's in the temp and cache folders... (From tech support, on a totally different issue.)

And if that doesn't work, try removing everything in the Studio4 folder that isn't specifically for a plugin. (You might want to back up your user "layouts" and "user styles" folders first, though...)

Post edited by L'Adair on

Thanks Diva and L'Adair.  Here is the really strange thing.  When I finally gave up (after midnight) it was still the white screen and nothing worked although I installed the beta and it worked fine.  So I went to bed (didn't shut down, I just closed everything, turned off the monitor and went to bed.  I ran errands all day, never went near the computer until about half an hour ago.  Loaded the Pro version and everything is back to normal.  I have no idea why it suddenly decided to start working but it seems to be fine now.  So far lol.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Okay. Good...? I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    wink

Please lol!

surprise  Now that is surprising.  Hope it continues to work fine.

Go set up one of you cool scenes with Genesis 8. :)

Aww thanks!  I have a quick test running now, but it won't be ready til morning from the looks of it.  Lots of clouds and some volumetrics.  Will just have to wait til morning lol.

Should have a better version of Iray... hopefully faster also.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Thanks Diva and L'Adair.  Here is the really strange thing.  When I finally gave up (after midnight) it was still the white screen and nothing worked although I installed the beta and it worked fine.  So I went to bed (didn't shut down, I just closed everything, turned off the monitor and went to bed.  I ran errands all day, never went near the computer until about half an hour ago.  Loaded the Pro version and everything is back to normal.  I have no idea why it suddenly decided to start working but it seems to be fine now.  So far lol.

*whew* That's awesome news! :D I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with Genesis 8!

wgdjohn that would be nice lol.

Thanks Diva!  I am glad I can use the Gen3 skins on her and just tracked down a tutorial by Sickleyield that will allow me to transfer the morphs.

edited June 2017

A quick test of Hazel for G8F from Serum3D.  She is quite lovely. Really happy that we can use G3 on G8 as well, as I think G8's facial expressions are much much better. I don't feel the need to run screaming when I see G8 smiling.

HAZEL G8F.png
    1236 x 2000 - 2M

So I've decided to just go back to my Elements 13 program and fill in with some free programs if I need.  Done with the subscription crap, so not worth the aggravation.  Talked to FIVE people over 3 days and I still can't use it or re purchase.  Not a single person I talked to understood what I was talking about when I said the block was on their end and could they put me through to someone who could unblock it.  I can't possibly be the only person who has ever had their debit card hacked.  So, I will use my $10.96 for other stuff and they can keep their subscription plan.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

What they put you through is nuts.  How weird that just another card won't work.  You could always sign up with another family member's name if you want to skip the aggravation but have the program.  Otherwise, as you say, Elements does a lot.  I've heard The Gimp also does a lot of what photoshop does, but I haven't tried it.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

So I've decided to just go back to my Elements 13 program and fill in with some free programs if I need.  Done with the subscription crap, so not worth the aggravation.  Talked to FIVE people over 3 days and I still can't use it or re purchase.  Not a single person I talked to understood what I was talking about when I said the block was on their end and could they put me through to someone who could unblock it.  I can't possibly be the only person who has ever had their debit card hacked.  So, I will use my $10.96 for other stuff and they can keep their subscription plan.

Hi,

Depending on what you want to do to your images, Luminar by MacPhun might be an option. If you don't have a Mac, they are coming out with a Windows version (https://macphun.com/luminar/windows). MacPhun has also come out with a recent update which makes the interface even easier to use (https://macphun.com/luminar). 

Trish

edited June 2017

Thanks Stormlyght I will keep an eye for the non Mac version.

edited June 2017

Dancing in the Rain - This is Aibell G3F.  I used @KindredArts Iray Rain and @1stBastions Wilderness:Two Creeks ( I will put the links in a bit later today). I wanted to try making the skydome emmissive since its for 3Delight.  I think it worked pretty well!  The dress was draped using dynamics. Really just a quick test of the rain and turning the dome emmissive.

DANCING IN THE RAIN.png
    1236 x 2000 - 6M
    edited June 2017

I was doing a conversion from V4 to Genesis in preparation for moving the Giai outfit up the chain to G2 and G3 and ultimately using it on G8, when this render just kind of happened.  I was going to do a dynamic drape on the dress so I picked a pose and this is the result.  I never did do the draping lol, as most of the skirt is hidden. I used a ton of props from various sets and miscellaneous props.  Used @KindredArts Ghost Light Expansion to light the back left corner (my left).  This is the Medieval Study, by @BlueBird 3d I shrunk the desk down a bit and moved the chair out of view and added bunch more props. The study is long and narrow (its very cool actually) but by focusing on just a small corner of it, it totally changed the perspective.  Just a reminder to check out all the nooks and crannies of your sets, you never know what you might come up with (this is mostly a reminder to myself as I tend to forget that I dont' HAVE to use the whole scene and to stop and really LOOK at everything and to think outside of the box a bit when trying to use stuff.

CAN I HELP YOU?

CAN I HELP YOU.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
This discussion has been closed.