RRRR Contest - Lots of prizes!

Comments

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Another non-compete, because..., because....
    Because why the hell not, okay?

1733 - Moody for Dark Moods (Hmm, deja vu all over again!)
    875 - Tales of Adventure - Fionnuala
    990 - Tootsie Roll Hair
    391 - West Park Lobby

Boy, did this one bring back memories! Updated to accommodate changing fashions, but in spirit...? Oh, yeah!

Also Used:
    West Park
    Parkside High (lockers)
    Aiko 3 (for, like, only the third time - ever! - but only because Fionnuala is an A3 outfit)
    Valens hair by dyald - a ShareCG freebie
    Interiors: Classroom (books)
    Shayarin for V4
    Widowed textures for Shayarin
    RM Willow for Stephanie 4
    Michael 3
    Goth as Fashion for M3
    Jacob Marley for M3
    Kaeel - Lord of Vampires (various textures)
    Mark Hair (M3 Fit)
    Business Suit for Michael 4
    Victoria 4 (x 2)
    Coco Hair (yeah, I know...!)
    Pharaohs of the Sun for V4
    Romantic Summer Dream (texture set for Pharaohs V4)
    And if there's anything else that I forgot to mention..., yeah, that too.

Composed and rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5; minor post-work in GIMP

Title: New Teacher Orientation or, Idealism Dies a Whimpering Death
    "Behold your students, Ms. Young - the Class of 2013. God help you. God help us all!"

RRRR_JanFeb2013_NC02a.png
    800 x 600 - 731K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited February 2013

TAG:Totte#6

Totte said:

#864 Astral for GIS
    #2393 Romantic Nights for Boudoir Bliss
    #837 Anime Star Fighter
    #179 Enchanted Terrace

I finally got time to pull this one off...

Also Used:
    Genesis + Freak 5 + GOM Creatures
    Genesis + gnGIS + Citizen-X
    Genesis + Boudoir Bliss + Georgias Hair + Niava V5
    GreebleBlocks + Skies of Economy +Atmospheric Camera

Romulans and Julie The romance that never was

Romulans_and_Julie.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 228K
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Pull #7 - last pull

#1156 CS Urban Decay Bundle
    #2758 Techno Town Construction Set Vol 1 (Rendo)
    #2834 The Marquis
    #2503 SciFi Firearms Pack

OK, it just screams bladerunner all over it...

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Items drawn:
    831 Rose's Garden Pumpkin House
    505 Japanese Flair
    338 Elbereth Garden
    802 Pure Hair Bubblegum

I nearly tore my hair out when I drew 3 environments, but it all worked out in the end. Plus I finished well before the deadline, so maybe I'll do another!

Tag: Warmblood#1
    Title: Diorama Day at Parkdale Elementary

dioramadayatparkdaleelem.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 466K
    edited December 1969

warmblood said:
    Items drawn:
    505 Japanese Flair
    338 Elbereth Garden
    802 Pure Hair Bubblegum

I nearly tore my hair out when I drew 3 environments, but it all worked out in the end. Plus I finished well before the deadline, so maybe I'll do another!

That's an ingenious solution ;-)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    warmblood said:
    Items drawn:
    505 Japanese Flair
    338 Elbereth Garden
    802 Pure Hair Bubblegum

That's an ingenious solution ;-)

And amusing!

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

i really like the pumpkin scene, kids arecute and funny, especially the pumpkin kid's attitude

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited February 2013

bohemian3 said:
    Here are a few I'm really liking so far... though all are terrific in this contest that pushes imagination to the limit !

Thank you bohemian3! I had fun doing that one.

Here's my 3rd pull:

246 - Cree
    1372 - 3-d-c Cellar (freebie from Rendo's last Christmas giveaway I think)
    994 - Natural Curls
    550 - Long Snouted Dragon

Post edited by Emsim on
    edited December 1969

Oh, what the hey - it ain't over till it's over, and all that....

I forgot to post my draw (because it's another non-compete - and also because I just forgot!) But here's the random:

1821 - Fifties Favorites for Casual 1950 Male
    238 - Fairytale Collection - Fairytale Story
    1100 - 'Luxury in Leather' Upholstery for Deco Redux
    1041 - The Gathering

And here's the result:

Also used:
    K-Nicky Hair for Genesis
    Media Room Accessories
    Michael 3
    Jamie Hair by AprilYSH
    Shelby for M3 by LA3D - a ShareCG freebie (body texture)
    Happy Camper Essentials (the obligatory beer!)
    Appliances Pack (refrigerator - and by the way, DAZ, there is no 'd' in 'refrigerator'!)
    Easy-Going Poses for M5

Title: Man-cave?
    "Nice set-up, Hal. But, um.... Maybe I could have explained the whole 'man-cave' thing a little better. Especially the 'cave' part."

RRRR_JanFeb2013_NC03.png
    800 x 600 - 854K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    And for my penultimate pull:

731 = CeCe Veil Hair
    165 = Merman
    584 = Gabi for V5
    673 = M4 Pirate

TAG:MelanieL#6

Title: Just Water

Barman: "Hi, so what can I get you folks?"
    Mike: "I'll have a beer"
    Gabi: "Could I have a Kir Royale, please?"
    Merman: "Just water for me"
    Barman: "Yeah, that figures"

Also Used:
    Mike the Pirate (Genesis M5 with base Phillip texture) is wearing Journeyer Scout boots
    Gabi the Vamp (Genesis V5) is wearing Summer Casuals Fitted Sun Dress and Jewelled Finery items
    The Barman (Genesis M5 with Dave texture) is wearing Town and Country clothing
    Dream Home Kitchen (bar area) and Dream Home Yard and Pool (gazebo - retextured with a Totally Bazaar fabric)
    Lanterns from Fantasy Camp II
    Plates, glasses and bottles from various sources
    Multiplane Cyclorama (beach backdrop)

MelanieL6_-_Just_Water.jpg
    1024 x 896 - 349K
    edited December 1969

And for my final pull:

802 = Battle Maiden
    432 = David Head Morphs
    867 = Michael 4 Muscle Morphs
    354 = Cold Blooded

Er, not sure what to make of that!

edited December 1969

Thought I'd step back and scope out what everybody else has done so far. These are only my own impressions, and I responded to some of the submissions on a fairly visceral level (which is what art is supposed to do, isn't it - pull a response right out of your gut?), so I hope I haven't offended anyone.

MelanieL
    #1 - Tea Break: Yeah, there's that classical ambience that you do so well! Great use of colors (and the absence thereof) to focus the viewer's attention to the two ladies. Nice shadows, too.
    #2 - Daylight Robbery: Another example of the great use of color to focus attention to the real action. And it's a great story, as well!
    #3 - Victimless: Another excellent story here, with perfect posing and expressions. And in this one, the humor is more 'out there' and 'in your face'. Darker, too. (I won't take offence to the blatant 'guy-bashing', because we all know women are much better at organizing these demonic rituals than men! But we're better at tailgaters and Super Bowl parties! So there!)
    #4 - At the Assembly Rooms: I've probably beaten that whole 'Italian Renaissance' analogy to death, so I'm not going to give it yet another kick in the nethers. Especially since this image is more reminiscent of a scene out of the Regency - yes, that would be Jane Austen's era. And it's an excellent example, at that; captures the ambience perfectly.
    #5 - Stranded: Whoa, what a toxic brew you had to work with here! (I can definitly relate; in fact, we all can!) But you did very well with it: an engaging, whimsical story with lots going on. Excellent work!
    #6 - Just Water: (You said penultimate! Heh-heh! Heh-heh! Yeah, I'm channeling Beavis & Butthead!) Another imaginative use of a seriously off-the-wall collection of random items. It seems you've learned the same lesson Luci and I have learned: When all else fails, add liquor! (To the scene. To the artist. To either. To both!)

Totte
    #1 - The Circus Audition: This one is just plain flat-out funny! The man's reaction is classic (but it makes you wonder - was she really that horrifying to look at, or is he seriously, over-the-top gay?) And I'm surprised the strong man hoisting the truck wasn't seriously injured!
    #2 - Corporate Goblin Lawyers: I was tempted to drop a lawyer joke in here about 'goblin' and 'lawyer' being redundant, but I decided against it. (Oh, I did, didn't I?) I love the overall tone of the image, and the 'Widow's Walk' allusion is a nice touch! Typical Totte (i.e., excellent, thought-provoking work)!
    #3 - Eternal Dance: There is a certain, ever-so-subtle 'Twilight Zone' aspect to this one that makes it almost impossible to tear my eyes away from it! Sinister, macabre - and utterly compelling!
    #4 - The Devil Always Cheats: Another post-apocalyptic scene that you do so well! The atmospheric effects are just superb!
    #5 - London Underground Extension Work: Great imagery and story, and especially timely! I'm assuming that it was inspired by the discovery of the remains of Richard III (under a parking lot, no less!)
    #6 - Romulans and Julie: A fun composition, excellent atmospherics, and I definitely see some serious "Get off my lawn!" attitude from Julie. Another great job!

sedor
    #1 - Anime Soldier: Hot babes with big guns - always a winning combination! But it's that post-apocalptic atmosphere - the colors, lighting, shadows and background - that really make it sing. Well done!
    #2 - New Car: Yet another slam-dunk: tasty babes and fast cars. A really good, vintage look at the simpler days of automobile marketing campaigns.

barbult
    #1 - Unicorn Ring Toss: This is delightful! Lots going on to keep the viewer occupied ("Can you spot all that stuff?" - that's like "Where's Waldo?" on steroids!), and a great, whimsical story. The shadows are especially well done.
    #2 - Don't Cry, I'll save Little Vicky: This was one of those visceral responses I mentioned, I'm sorry to say; it was probably the best you could do with the items you had to work with (and what you did was done very well), but the emotional chord the story strikes is pretty disturbing. Timmy and Jessica McClure got out of their wells, but sadly, most kids don't. Sorry to be Danny Downer here, but....
    #3 - Stop peeping at that NVIATWAS movie, ...: Okay, I confess that I had to Google that, because I could not, for the life of me, remember what it stands for! And that was just the beginning of the silliness! And extra points for the lighting; you got the firelight effect down pat!

Luci45
    #1 - NeverWork (The Lazy Worker): For me, it's the characters that make this one work, especially the lard-ass boss in the ludicrously tight pants! And are those sequins on the pockets? (That just pegs the needle on the Wrong-O-Meter©, and laps the dial again for spite!) Dark humor, subtly delivered. Sweet!
    #2 - The Undertaker's Mountain Undertaking: This one is very funny, in an ever-so-slightly warped way! (I like it a lot, which ought to scare the hell out of you!) The story is delightful, the characters are very well drawn, with an overall air of almost Hitchcock-ian humor. Excellent work!
    #3 - The Princess' Lament: What we have here is a really, really good arrangement of some truly disparate elements, and a combination of staging and pose that reminds me of a scene from an opera - I just wish I could remember which one! (It's not La Boheme, I'm pretty sure of that....) Very well done, Luci!
    #4 - It's Not One of Yours?: That fantasy-world atmosphere really resonates throughout this one, and the expression of revulsion on the Queen's face (along with that 'recoiling in horror' pose) really brings the whole scene to life. Another fantastic story.
    #5 - A Nighttime Adventure: So many things combine to produce a delightfully fanciful image: the colors, the effects, the expressions.... (But I can't help but wonder about that Martini remark...!)

Zawarkal
    #1 - The Merry-Go-Round of Life: What everyone has said about this is 100-percent true. It's whimsical, yet very profound; the mythological elements add a depth that you just don't normally see in RRRR entries. An inspired piece of work.
    #2 - Roster Screwup: This one is intriguing, not so much for the story, but for the overall look: it has a kind of 'oil-on-canvas' feel to it, with a hint of the Primitivist style, a-la Gauguin or Grandma Moses. It's fascinating.
    #3 - Take Me Away: Luci was absolutely right when she said that it reminded one of a painting, but I was thinking more in the manner of Dali. It's just so surreal! And delightfully bizarre.
    #4 - Bibbity Bobbity. Boo?: Did you ever see the movie Night of the Lepus? That was the first thing to come to mind when I saw this image! And this is not a bad thing: even though the movie was about a 9.9 on the Richter Scale of Crappiness, this image takes that pop-culture reference, adds a generous measure of fairy-tale schlock, then shoves it in your face and flips you off for not laughing loud enough. Awesome!

gopherus
    #1 - Gifts of the Magi: Every time I look at this one, for some reason, I get flashes of Tom Cruise in that underwear scene from Risky Business! Maybe it's just me. In any event, it's a fun image, and.... Wrestlemania!? What, does the guy have a death-wish, or something?
    #2 - 3 Coins in the Fountain: Was that a great old movie, or what!? Although this image is more reminiscent of National Lampoon's Animal House ('cause it feels like we're about twelve seconds away from a full-bore food fight)! I get the feeling that 'business man Mark' isn't thinking, "Yeah, I'd do Daiquiri girl," so much as, "Check, please!" It's just a raucous, free-wheeling, fun scene!
    #3 - Chess and Cheese on the Champs: First of all, that is a seriously kick-ass title; kudos for that all by itself! And an excellent - and imaginative - use of the random items. (Turning the Little Soldiers Bundle into chessmen? I would never have thought of that!) Nicely done!
    #4 - Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk: A deliciously twisted send-up of the most ponderously over-done meme on the Internet - LOLCats! (At least I hope it was a send-up. Please tell me it was a send-up! Because if you did that without irony, then I'm gonna be so disappointed!)

Sasje
    #1 - The Echo Well: There's an air of innocence in this one that is almost irresistable! It's just plain charming, and the colors and poses are pitch-perfect. Nicely done!
    #2 - The Salesman: This one raises a lot of interesting and, frankly, a bit disturbing, questions; chief among them is: what does a school-girl want with a battle-ax? It would certainly explain why he's trying to sell her a lamp, instead! Excellent lighting, too. I especially appreciate how you muted the glare from that 'Bald Wizard dome'!
    #3 - The Investigation: The best part of this image is the story - and the fact that we have to flesh out that story by ourselves. All the clues are there, we just have to put it all together to figure out what happened. Nicely imagined, well executed, and beautifully rendered, too. Good ghost effect.
    #4 - Children's Toys: Another pitch-perfect depiction of the innocence of childhood, and another composition in which every element tells a story. Even the sleeping cat. It's just beautiful; that says it all.

Kaputcha
    #1 - "And your Second Wish...?": Great composition and excellent use of the FX. And pushing the envelope of the TOS vis-a-vis nudity - priceless!

JK0011
    #1 - I Hate Homework!: The muted colors, quadranglular shapes, the upward flow, and the uniformity of the poses make this one a fascinating study. I can't stop looking at it. I like this one.
    #2 - Waiting for Life: This one is just hauntingly beautiful. Everything about it is perfectly executed, from the predominantly monochromatic tone to the blocking and pose, to the subdued lighting. Definitely on my short list!
    #3 - Another Noise Complaint: I'm trying to figure this one out, and I'm failing utterly! So I'm obviously missing something here; which isn't too surprising, since it took nearly an hour of staring at it before I finally found the horse!
    #4 - Color My World: This one works on so many levels: the contemplative pose, another example of how effective a monochromatic (or in this case, almost non-existent) color scheme can be, the geometric primitives, the symmetry.... I could go on, and the image does. It's good. Really good.

Lady Winterlace
    #1 - The Holdup: I like the color scheme in this one, as well as the snow effect. And is that mirror broken? Do you seriously think he'll accept a return?

emsim
    #1 - The New Quartermaster: I like this one! It's easy to tell that you had fun with it, simply by observing how totally over-the-top it is! As they say, 'Nothing succeeds like excess,' and this is an excellent example of that!
    #2 - Deadly Fashionista: This one is just plain good! The title and caption belie the intensity of the actual image, which I think is unfortunate, because the image is downright potent. The lighting and the atmospherics give it an overall sense of foreboding, the setting is the very definition of sinister, and the poses capture that instant in time just before all hell breaks loose. A damn good job here!

warmblood
    #1 - Diorama Day at Parkdale Elementary: You just cannot go wrong with pictures of kids! Toon kids can be tricky, but they are absolutely perfect, and used flawlessly here. The expressions and poses of the children are just plain - dare I say it? - precious! Especially that insufferably smug little snot at the end! He's my favorite!

All in all, there is, as is always the case, a lot of really, really excellent work on exhibit here. Kudos to all of you, and keep it up; we still have well over a week to run, plenty of time for some real game-changers.

I'm sure there will be more forthcoming, and again, I hope no-one was unduly offended.

And Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Thought I'd step back and scope out what everybody else has done so far. These are only my own impressions, and I responded to some of the submissions on a fairly visceral level (which is what art is supposed to do, isn't it - pull a response right out of your gut?), so I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Zawarkal
    #1 - The Merry-Go-Round of Life: What everyone has said about this is 100-percent true. It's whimsical, yet very profound; the mythological elements add a depth that you just don't normally see in RRRR entries. An inspired piece of work.
    #2 - Roster Screwup: This one is intriguing, not so much for the story, but for the overall look: it has a kind of 'oil-on-canvas' feel to it, with a hint of the Primitivist style, a-la Gauguin or Grandma Moses. It's fascinating.
    #3 - Take Me Away: Luci was absolutely right when she said that it reminded one of a painting, but I was thinking more in the manner of Dali. It's just so surreal! And delightfully bizarre.
    #4 - Bibbity Bobbity. Boo?: Did you ever see the movie Night of the Lepus? That was the first thing to come to mind when I saw this image! And this is not a bad thing: even though the movie was about a 9.9 on the Richter Scale of Crappiness, this image takes that pop-culture reference, adds a generous measure of fairy-tale schlock, then shoves it in your face and flips you off for not laughing loud enough. Awesome!

Ken, what can I say but Thanks for the lovely comments. Afraid I never saw that movie and I've seen my share. Youv'e all made me feel like I've seen some major improvement in my art this go round. Though who's to say just where it all came from. I felt like I was just coming up with something to satisfy the strangely weird pulls so that I could move forward to the next pull. Not sure if I'm going to get another one done or not as I really want to try another stonemason entry. He's on sale btw!

edited February 2013

MelanieL
    #6 - Just Water: (You said penultimate! Heh-heh! Heh-heh! Yeah, I'm channeling Beavis & Butthead!) Another imaginative use of a seriously off-the-wall collection of random items. It seems you've learned the same lesson Luci and I have learned: When all else fails, add liquor! (To the scene. To the artist. To either. To both!)

Oh, now I really regret not saying that my 5th pull was the antepenultimate! Thanks for the comments, Ken. I need to get round to a bit of a roundup, but I'm busy re-downloading and reinstalling stuff at the moment.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Even though I can stop anytime I want ("Of course you can!" - The Shrink), I'm having too much fun to want to! So here's another non-compete....

The draw:
    1140 - Mystic Towers
    642 - Riker
    1208 - Hole 18
    1180 - Nosferatu

Okay..., I think the golf term for this one is, "Tough lie!" So, here we go...!

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Totte, MelanieL, Lucie45 and Ken OBanion thak you for the comments :)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited February 2013

Continuum Adjustment
    Technicians attempt to make adjustments to the Space-Time Continuum, which has gone bonkers.
    Tag: Luci45#6

Like Warmblood I pulled three environments and was pulling my hair. All I can say is, I got them in there, along with a lot of postwork.

Used:
    First Class Stateroom
    M4 Elite Ethnic Faces
    East Park Hallways
    Breath of the Dragon (lighting set for Streets of Asia)

Also used:
    Eastern Dragon
    Jepes GraphicZ
    Demonecornuto LR
    Rons Bokeh
    Pickup Truck 1930
    Vimana Flying machine
    GQ hair
    Lorenzo Lorez
    Regency Expansion
    Loretta Lorez
    Sensibility Dress
    Ghost Agent for M4 with Supersuit Shader
    Antelope pack

A lot of great stuff since I last checked in here and some wonderful comments. Thanks, Ken and Bohemian3.

continuum_adjustment.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 742K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

Wow, Luci45, #6 is gorgeous!!!

edited December 1969

My next is:
    DAZ Tortoise
    Mystic Realm (V4 clothing texture)
    Dystopia City Blocks 001-010
    BR Skirt for Genesis

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited February 2013

Totte, Zawarkal, scal.64.ps and Ken, thank you so much. Your comments on "Diorama Day..." made my day!

Luci45, your #6 "Continuum Adjustment" is brilliant. I could look at it all day! Thanks for turning me on to Jepe. Going to save my money for a bunch of that goodness.

I drew an easy one this time (other than She-Freak really not fitting Aiko's clothes):

452 Gothic Housemaid A4/V4
    786 Postal Props
    885 She Freak V4
    992 Old Shoe House

Tag: warmblood#2
    Title: No place to hide

Not content with an earlier haul that netted him enough to buy a small kingdom, Jack (youngest child of an old woman with so many children she didn't know what to do) returns to the old neighborhood for one more trip up the beanstalk to nab what he considers the biggest prize of all: the Giant's housekeeper.

Despite Jack's insistence that his intentions are honorable, the housekeeper flees from his unwelcome advances. She clambers down the beanstalk only to realize her mistake....

When you're ten feet tall there's no place to hide.

noplacetohide.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 438K
    Post edited by warmblood on
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Continuum Adjustment
    Technicians attempt to make adjustments to the Space-Time Continuum, which has gone bonkers.

Like Warmblood I pulled three environments and was pulling my hair. All I can say is, I got them in there, along with a lot of postwork.

Used:
    First Class Stateroom
    M4 Elite Ethnic Faces
    East Park Hallways
    Breath of the Dragon (lighting set for Streets of Asia)

Also used:
    Eastern Dragon
    Jepes GraphicZ
    Demonecornuto LR
    Rons Bokeh
    Pickup Truck 1930
    Vimana Flying machine
    GQ hair
    Lorenzo Lorez
    Regency Expansion
    Loretta Lorez
    Sensibility Dress
    Ghost Agent for M4 with Supersuit Shader
    Antelope pack

A lot of great stuff since I last checked in here and some wonderful comments. Thanks, Ken and Bohemian3.

Whoa! Luci, that is simply amazing! Talk about a game-changer...!
    edited February 2013

Even though I can stop anytime I want ("Of course you can!" - The Shrink), I'm having too much fun to want to! So here's another non-compete....

The draw:
    1140 - Mystic Towers
    642 - Riker
    1208 - Hole 18
    1180 - Nosferatu

Okay..., I think the golf term for this one is, "Tough lie!" So, here we go...!

So I figured, what the hey; let's go with the golf angle!

Also used:
    Vampyre texture for Michael 3 (works for David, too!)
    M4 Elite Texture: Stratton
    Golf Cart
    Golf Clubs
    Flying Machine Vimana

Title: R & R
    None of Commander Riker's intergalactic adventures came close to the thrill of playing 18 holes at St. Andrews. At night. With a 300-year-old vampire. (Who was actually pretty good.) Unfortunately, the divots his ship left on the fairway were kind of hard to explain....
    RRRR_Janfeb2013_NC04.png
    800 x 600 - 793K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for you comments Ken, always appreciated, and guess what, In read about Richard the III two days after I made that render. I got the idea from when I wrote an adventure in the London Underground and read up on the subject, and it was more macabre that I could imagine. Did you know that the line close to Kings cross makes a sharp turn just because they couldn't dig straight as they came into a "plague pit"*, so dense it was impassible.

*plague-pit", a place where the bodies were dumped after the 1200 plague or the 1500 plague.

edited December 1969

Continuum Adjustment
    /quote]

This one really stands out, superb work Luci!

edited December 1969

I've never had the energy to comment on EVERY image in the contest, but here are my notes on some that really stood out for me. Voting is going to be HARD. I have a lot more on this list than I will have votes to distribute.

Totte #1 The Audition - This is very funny. When you look closely at the full size image, the interviewer seems to be peeking at the woman between his fingers, while pretending not to look. The poor strongman lifting the truck is getting no attention to his audition.

Luci45 #1 The Lazy Worker - There is something I like about the lighting of this one. It looks like a night scene with the area lit up for work. All of the greenery looks so nice. So which is the Lazy worker? The man on sitting on the table looks like his clothes are torn and dirty from a hard day's work. The guy pointing at him appears to be clean and tidy. I bet HE is really the lazy one.

gopherus #1 Gifts of the Magi - That is a clever twist on the story. That hair you put on Vicky looks like she just chopped it off, too, supporting your Magi theme.

Ken Obanion #3 Girls’ Night Out - The dancers in the club give this that extra something!

Kaputcha #1 And your second wish..? - Those purple and blue mists, rays and sparkles give it that feeling of magic and amazement.

Totte #2 Corporate Goblin Lawyers - This one has a real 3D look to it that draws the viewer in. Your retexturing of Renaissance Male Clothing was very effective and made them look like something entirely different.

Luci45 #2 The Undertakers’ Mountain Undertaking - Very clever title. The picture has such a sense of both innocence and malevolence. The coloration is effective in giving it that cold snowy feeling. I like the way the arch frames the falling sportsman.

MelanieL #2 Daylight Robbery - The bright colors drew me in right away. Then I saw the great details in the expression of the driver and horse! It makes me want to see what happens next.

Sasje #2 The Salesman - Isn't that just like a salesman, trying to steer you to what he wants to sell, instead of what you want to buy. The smart girl however will not be swayed. One must wonder what she intends to do with that ax, though. This was a very clever way to combine such disparate elements. I like the overall ochre/yellow color scheme, including the cat. I also spotted the other cat on the roof, posed very realistically.

JK0011 #2 Waiting for Life - This has a very gentle sweetness to it.

Lady Winterlace #1 The Holdup - This reminds me of a Victorian Christmas card. It is something about the use of the red and gold and the snow, I think. It is very pleasing to look at.

Ken Obanion #6 - After Clarissa’s Turn at Hosting, the Neighborhood Ladies’ Weekly Garden Party Would Never Be the Same! - All your work on the lighting paid off. It looks like very realistic light from multiple sources with shadows going different directions and light and dark areas. My favorite character's expression in the picture is the seated girl with her hands out in front of her.

Luci45 #3 The Princess’ Lament - Such beautiful colors! The way you worked all these unrelated environments together was surprising. With a draw like that, wherever did you come up with the idea to add the princess and the bird?

Luci45 #4 It’s Not One of Yours? - Another stunner! Gosh, Michael 3 sure looks good under your care. I didn't think any gen 3 characters ever looked that good. The story and expressions are great. The colors and clothes support the story very well. You sure got in a lot of dragons/serpents/monsters of all kinds! I especially like the one peeking out of the well/fountain/basin or whatever that is.

Sasje #3 Investigation - I am fascinated by the ghost with the ribbon streamers. How did you do that?

sedor #2 New Car - The portrait orientation and angled camera set this image apart from most of the others already. The shiny car and girl are very nicely rendered. Don't let that dangling crate fall on them!

Zawarkal #3 - Take Me Away - As someone else pointed out, this looks very Daliesque. And yet the painter on the scaffold makes me think of the Sistine Chapel. It is just fascinating. I like how the tap water flows under the bridge. I like all the discrepancies in scale of the various objects that make up this picture.

Luci45 #5 - A Nighttime Adventure - The colors! The colors! The colors! The combination of the blue/green and orange/yellow with the sparkling stars is mesmerizing.

emsim #2 Deadly Fashionista - As much as I rave about the colors in some other images, I find the nearly monochrome tones of this one just as effective. The fog and mist is a nice touch and adds to the mystery. It is quite suspenseful.

Ken Obanion (NAE) New Teacher Orientation or, Idealism Dies a Whimpering Death - Too bad this isn't an entry. It is certainly vote-worthy. Maybe we should have a new rule that allows you to replace an earlier entry with a later one, if you come up with a real winner like this, as long as you have only 7 total in the end. You just nailed the clothes, expressions, posing and environment in this one.

warmblood #1 Diorama Day at Parkdale Elementary - This reminds me of your hot air balloon entry in a previous contest. I really thought that one was fantastic, and this one has the same cartoon cuteness to it. You are a master of the toon expressions.

Luci45 # 6 Continuum Adjustment - This is beyond words amazing and gorgeous!!! I can't even begin to figure out how you put all this together. I can look at this for a long time and keep finding more details hidden in this image. This sets a whole new standard for this contest, I think.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    My next is:
    DAZ Tortoise
    Mystic Realm (V4 clothing texture)
    Dystopia City Blocks 001-010
    BR Skirt for Genesis

Well, I didn't get too inspired by this one. I let the tortoise drive the shipwreck theme. (Ken, I hope the sinking boat doesn't evoke any unpleasant visceral response ;-) As you can see, she got out OK and will be rescued soon, I'm sure). I used the atmospheric camera to put some haze in the very background, but I didn't get much effect, because I didn't want to obliterate my required item, the Dystopia City Blocks.

Tag: barbult #4
    Title: A girl should always strive to look her best

A girl should always strive to look her best, regardless of her circumstances, environment, or companions.

RRRR_BR_Skirt_Mystic_Realm_Tortoise_Dystopia_PS.jpg
    1690 x 1453 - 838K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for you comments Barbult!
    This RRRR is really taking new heights, both by new blood in the contest, and everyone seems to learn small things all the time. Looking at what people does you can see a lot of progress in the details, in the render quality, in the small things that turns a good image into great.

Then RRRR really serves a purpose, learning by having fun, and that's where bomemian3 has his heart in the learning / teaching.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    And for my final pull:

802 = Battle Maiden
    432 = David Head Morphs
    867 = Michael 4 Muscle Morphs
    354 = Cold Blooded

TAG:MelanieL#7
    Title: "So, do you like my little collection?"

Mike knew that Victoria was a little eccentric (well, just look at that outfit!) so when she invited him back to her place he wasn't sure what to expect ... but it definitely wasn't this!

Used:
    Mike (M4) has Gymnast morph and various other muscle morphs applied
    The "collection" (all D3) have the Orc, Alien and Zombie morphs applied
    Also Used:
    Mike is wearing M4 Veranil vest and shoes
    Victoria has Orion hair
    The "collection" have skin textures from the M3 Creatures Combo
    Dream Home Foyer and Living Room with Eclectic Decor texture and London furniture

MelanieL7_-_My_Collection.jpg
    1024 x 896 - 454K
    edited December 1969

Haven't had chance to run through the entries properly for a few days, so here goes ...

Zawarkal "Bibbity Bobbity Boo?" - now that is some rabbit!
    Luci45 "Continuum Adjustment" - wow! I love the effects, that's really impressive.
    warmblood "No place to hide" - very jolly, I like her expression
    barbult "A girl should always strive..." - that's beautifully done, really draws the eye in. And thanks for your comments on my second.

... And Ken - wow you're really full of enthusiasm! And thanks for all the comments.
    "To the Victor..." - like the atmosphere and lighting colours
    "R & R"" - you've certainly got the measure of Scottish weather!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited February 2013

Thanks, barbult, Warmblood, Totte, Ken and Melanie for your comments. I'm glad you liked Continuum Adjustment. It was nightmare and took me forever. It really looked like crap until I postworked it almost to death and even then I thought, "I dunno, but I'm sick of looking at it and am going to post it anyway..."

Ken, I loved your comments. They help me see things I miss and to me they are very astute. And I agree that the visceral reaction is most important. My undertaker one scared me a bit as I was making it - I was laughing way too much. I am either becoming more warped from the RRRR experience or was already this warped and didn't know it (this is more likely.) When I did The Princess’ Lament I was thinking of Pucinni's La fanciulla del West (The Girl of the West), although I have only heard an aria from it and don't know the story. He wrote that right after Madame Butterfly, said Google. And the martini remark was irresistible. :lol:

A couple of people said that M3 looked incredibly good in It’s Not One of Yours? . Lisa's Digger James character is mostly the cause of that. I attached a deconstruction because I also think it is a pretty amazing transformation.

There have been lots of wonderful renders and voting is going to be soooo difficult. But this is so much fun. :cheese:

My ultimate pull for this time is:
    Amazonian Barred-woodcreeper
    Cyber-Arm Extender
    Coffee Shop
    Victorian Bedroom

m3_transformed.jpg
    1016 x 1246 - 141K
    Post edited by luci45 on