Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I'm guessing someone just loaded up the wrong file.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2017

So hello Victoria 8!  Quite a nice thing to see. And it wasn't a Tuesday release, it was a Thursday. They were smart to name it Genesis 8, that Genesis 4 and Generation 4 would have been a nightmare. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

Here you all are!

I'd wondered why the (previous) thread had gone so quiet LOL

edited June 2017

@nath   Sorry 'bout that! Yep, if you don't hear chatter, we're still here but something's wrong.

BTW, there's no banners for some of us, but we're getting discounts- don't know if they're different or not- so test your cart. ALL new items, test them. I got the Pro Bundle for 66% off, $46.29  and Female Body Morphs (and Expressions) were both $6.85   The texture sets were also 66%, as were other items. Just test EVERYTHING new.  Things that are 30%, aren't. Not sure what's going on because I don't have a banner, so these prices are probably right, I just can't tell you at the moment WHY because of the lack of a banner. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2017
    barbult said:

I just got Nyarai for Genesis 3 Female today in one of the sales. Wow, she is stunning and detailed. This render even has a bit of Khory's Decorator Kit: Neutral Shader Presets for Iray on the chair, but because of the tight crop and DOF, it is very hard to see. I use that decorator kit over and over. It is a very useful item. I got my money's worth on that purchase for sure! I keep hoping Khory will make a follow on set worth another coordinated color scheme like this one.

I keep forgetting to mention this- quite stunning Barbult! I picked her up in that sale too. I like her unique features.

Okay, call me crazy, but didn't I just mention this and it was a freebie and NOT available? (No link in the product library just a week or two ago.)  So Fisty and Darc just brought it back? That leotard? Now's your chance if this is the one. It's labeled New and on sale. I can't find where we chatted about it, but I'm pretty sure this is it.

Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:
    barbult said:

I just got Nyarai for Genesis 3 Female today in one of the sales. Wow, she is stunning and detailed. This render even has a bit of Khory's Decorator Kit: Neutral Shader Presets for Iray on the chair, but because of the tight crop and DOF, it is very hard to see. I use that decorator kit over and over. It is a very useful item. I got my money's worth on that purchase for sure! I keep hoping Khory will make a follow on set worth another coordinated color scheme like this one.

I keep forgetting to mention this- quite stunning Barbult! I picked her up in that sale too. I like her unique features.

Okay, call me crazy, but didn't I just mention this and it was a freebie and NOT available? (No link in the product library just a week or two ago.)  So Fisty and Darc just brought it back? That leotard? Now's your chance if this is the one. It's labeled New and on sale. I can't find where we chatted about it, but I'm pretty sure this is it.

Yes, that's the one. Fisty & Darc made it, but DAZ did a buy out, and then made it a freebie at Christmas time. I was surprised they pulled it from the store in the first place. I'm glad to see it back.

L'Adair said:

Yes, that's the one. Fisty & Darc made it, but DAZ did a buy out, and then made it a freebie at Christmas time. I was surprised they pulled it from the store in the first place. I'm glad to see it back.

Yep! Me too. It's at a great price.

Okay, what's going on- some of you may be getting an additional discount (10%, or 20% (61%, Pro Bundle 52.90) , 30 percent additional which is $46.29) and NOT have a banner or a message in your Exclusive Offers. I don't have either but got the discount. Over in the sale thread, Ati was nice enough to post their banner, so it is based on the number of Victoria Pro Bundles you purchased. (1, 2, 3) 

I'm making categories for all the Genesis 8 stuff, starting from the very beginning. I won't be buying a lot of it, unless I get the deals like today. I read the poses from G3 don't work well in the arms. Will be interesting to see.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

Yes, the arms do get borked in poses for G3 to G8, however most of the time you can fix that manually by pulling the collars back or forward to fix the issues.  I've used G3 poses on my V8, and found that most of the time it was the r/l collars that caused the issue, but it was a two minute fix to pull them back to where they needed to be for the posing.

edited June 2017

BTW, I did install the new studio, no glitches whatsoever, all custom content is there.  Also note JUN HAS AN UPDATE. They probably fixed the files.

FWSA Elizabeth HD for Victoria 8       (HOW WEIRD TO DO THAT FOR THE FIRST TIME. FEELS LIKE A TYPO!) 

Boho Shorts Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)             Voss Hair for Genesis 3 & Genesis 8 Female(s) 

Man, that knee is red! 

ElizabethV8 Boho Voss Hair.png
    640 x 900 - 822K
    Post edited by Novica on

Thanks, good to know! And are we going to get some masterpieces from you for V8?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

Yes, the arms do get borked in poses for G3 to G8, however most of the time you can fix that manually by pulling the collars back or forward to fix the issues.  I've used G3 poses on my V8, and found that most of the time it was the r/l collars that caused the issue, but it was a two minute fix to pull them back to where they needed to be for the posing.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited June 2017

Here's a test render of FW Rebekah for V8 in the Blue Bell Woods with the Morning Star Wings. Lovely character and the wings have a lot of posing and texture options. She's wearing the Throne Defender outfit without the outer armor. There are many pieces to this set. Mixing and matching gives you some different looks. The PAs did a very nice job on the outfit, wings and character. The Voss Hair is very nice too. and is for G3F as well. 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

LOVE that hair!!!!! She looks quite nice there, but the front of the shirt is looking real cling-wrap. Do you think that's just her pose, IE sitting/leaning forward? Or does the shirt do that regardless of her pose? 

Novica said:

BTW, I did install the new studio, no glitches whatsoever, all custom content is there.  Also note JUN HAS AN UPDATE. They probably fixed the files.

FWSA Elizabeth HD for Victoria 8       (HOW WEIRD TO DO THAT FOR THE FIRST TIME. FEELS LIKE A TYPO!) 

Boho Shorts Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)             Voss Hair for Genesis 3 & Genesis 8 Female(s) 

Man, that knee is red! 

edited June 2017

Lots of things to fix in this test render, but I wanted to show a few things as I'm playing with them. This is FWSA Elizabeth for V8 with the Bereft HD expression from the Gen 8 Expression pack and her mouth opened a bit. Can't remember which kneeling pose this is, but I had to tweak it. I didn't want it to look sexy. Her knee is floating above the floor at the moment. Oh well. Dante needs to be sinking into the floor more, but that was the only passed out/deadish pose I could find at the moment, LOL. 

I also wanted to show the Morning Star Wings again in a different texture and pose. By the way, they are for G3F as well. Quite a few things in the bundle are for G3F, so take a close look at product descriptions. 

This dress is Callidora for G2F (from the Olympia 6 bundle.) I'm tempted to try VWD on it, I just don't like how it fits at the moment, but I haven't done any smoothing, SubD, etc. This is just the default. That's Feather Hair for V4. I told autofit it was for Genesis and it fits well enough. Will test some more V4 and V3 hairs and see how they do.

Older clothing- I'm guessing it may be a two step process to get Generation 3 and 4 clothes onto V8- fitting to V7 with Wear Them All, and then to V8. We'll see.

Post edited by Llynara on
    edited June 2017

@jakiblue  Normally I reduce the bust some, but I left her at the default so her chest is larger than what I normally render. The shirt is a bit clingy but some of that may be the leaning forward.

LOL, Llynara's Elizabeth also shows you her large chest. (Those wings look good!) 

Here's VYK Raine For Genesis 8 Female  with Perrin Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s)  and Sci-Fi Samurai for Genesis 8 Female(s)

I think Raine is going to be one of my favorites. A lot of unique makeups (such as zippers pulling down the cheeks) and a neat skin color. Very classic profile too, sleek nose. She's elegant, but can look deadly too.

Raine Perrin SciFi Samurai.png
    640 x 900 - 971K
    Post edited by Novica on

Oh, I really like her! Nice job, Novica! The hair looks very good too. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'm going to have to pass on Victoria 8 for now.  I have a ton of Gf3 characters I have even rendered once yet.  Not to mention the large amount of clothing etc I have yet to use.  I can't justify it at the moment.  She looks good and I do have the 10% off the pro bundle but its not enough.  If they would have given me %10 percent off the starter bundle or just the figure, I might have bought it. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited June 2017

I'm wishlisting V8 for now as well - there's always another sale *g* Not to mention all the older stuff, and the V37 skin maker, morphs, poses etc.

Post edited by Nath on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

She's really nice. Normally I'm an early adopter, but I just don't render females enough to justify her right now. I prefer rendering men, Everything looks good though. I like the sci-fi body armor in particular. 

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

I really like her too, but yeah...no more spending for me this month, so on the wishlist she goes for now.

Breaking news-  son is out of surgery, they did have to do a pleurectomy (removing the outer pleural of the lung, roughing up the inner so it would stick to the chest wall)  and they removed tissue, stapled the hole shut. He will be in intensive care a day or two minimum, then a day regular room, then home in about three days. Signing off to get some sleep and a bad thunderstorm (not predicted at all, gotta love it) just rolled in. A lot of lightning. Thanks for the support, son is doing fine in recovery.  

Glad he is doing well! Get some rest, we'll hold down the fort wink

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Awesome news. Praying his recovery will be swift!

Novica said:

Breaking news-  son is out of surgery, they did have to do a pleurectomy (removing the outer pleural of the lung, roughing up the inner so it would stick to the chest wall)  and they removed tissue, stapled the hole shut. He will be in intensive care a day or two minimum, then a day regular room, then home in about three days. Signing off to get some sleep and a bad thunderstorm (not predicted at all, gotta love it) just rolled in. A lot of lightning. Thanks for the support, son is doing fine in recovery.  

edited June 2017

Okay I am getting offine now. Horrendous thunderstorm so I wanted to be sure we didn't lose power (the alarm would start beeping and I'd be back up anyway.) FYI- regarding poses- Zev0 is doing a Genesis 3 (male and female) pose converter so they work on Genesis 8, will have a thread started soon. All other products are also "being redone." (Growing up, etc I assume.) 

Post edited by Novica on

That's good news! 

I posted this on the V8 thread, but worth reposting here too. If you're on the fence about buying V8, try some of the more unusual G3 skins on G8F. Here's Anneka's skin on a G8F, and Sexy Sorceress for G3F. I think G8 handles the more unusual skins just fine, and you can't beat free.

If you're on a tight budget, you could grab the head morphs, body morphs and expressions and do a lot with just the base. Note: I didn't use any morphs here, just the "rage" expression from the G8 pack. I tried adapting a Lilith pose, but it's needs more tweaking.

• Problem: Anneka's eyes look strange when loaded, not sure which setting is causing it, something with the new version of the eyes.
    • Workaround: Load V8 or G8 eyes, then just replace the iris map with the one you want.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    Novica said:

a bad thunderstorm (not predicted at all, gotta love it) just rolled in. A lot of lightning. Thanks for the support, son is doing fine in recovery.  

This is a handy site if you haven't seen it before. Not only can you see where the storms are in real time but also the direction they are travelling in so you can see which ones are likely to pass over your area. It covers the whole world not just America but watching the American map with Detectors turned on is like watching the big screen with the missiles launching in the film War Games :)

http://en.blitzortung.org/live_lightning_maps.php?map=30

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    Fishtales said:
    Novica said:

a bad thunderstorm (not predicted at all, gotta love it) just rolled in. A lot of lightning. Thanks for the support, son is doing fine in recovery.  

This is a handy site if you haven't seen it before. Not only can you see where the storms are in real time but also the direction they are travelling in so you can see which ones are likely to pass over your area. It covers the whole world not just America but watching the American map with Detectors turned on is like watching the big screen with the missiles launching in the film War Games :)

http://en.blitzortung.org/live_lightning_maps.php?map=30

I just installed their App on my Android phone a couple days ago, when my husband decided to go on the roof to adjust the TV antenna when we  could hear thunder. After looking at the App, he agreed that maybe now was not the time! laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Novica, what a relief for you that your son is through surgery successfully. It sounds quite extensive. I hope he heals well and has little pain.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited June 2017

I know today will be filled with Victoria 8 postings, but I wanted to point out something in Fast Grab today for less than $4: Ecomantics - Efficient Ecosystems. I bought this set 4 years ago and it works well in 3DL. These are billboards of grass, bushes, and trees you can assemble yourself or use the presets that combines them in a linear or circular scene. Today I tested it in Iray just letting the system do the conversion and it looks good. Note the individual blades of grass you see, much better than the usual flat textures you see for Iray. This Iray render is of one of the linear scene presets. It took 6 minutes to render. I did adjust the cement texture tiling in the X direction as it loaded stretched out (simply made tiling 7).

Ecomantics iray.png
    1038 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm going to have to pass on Victoria 8 for now.  I have a ton of Gf3 characters I have even rendered once yet.  Not to mention the large amount of clothing etc I have yet to use.  I can't justify it at the moment.  She looks good and I do have the 10% off the pro bundle but its not enough.  If they would have given me %10 percent off the starter bundle or just the figure, I might have bought it. 

+1 ...right up to the point, but not including bit about "might have bought it." I'm going to wait. Two years will fly by, and when V9 comes out, all this V8 stuff will get heavily discounted. And that doesn't take into account all the "buy something and get this V8 stuff for free" offers between now and then.

She looks lovely, if a bit too busty, (bet the lads love that!) but after heavily investing in G2 and then G3 content, I simply can't justify another generation at this point.

This discussion has been closed.