Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.4.122! (UPDATED)

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Speaking of color picker I have fits adding colors to the new swatches to 'Add to Custom Colors' array. It should be easier.

And secondly, since DAZ Studio is primarily about rendering people it would be nice if it had included 2 more color pickers (via tabbed color picker or other pop-ups or something...) with colors exclusive that are the range of natural human skin colors and natural human hair colors.

• GlennFGlennF Posts: 141

I have installed GenX2 manually to the beta directory .  you can check package and  files of GenX2 by DIM and where they have been installed,, then copy and paste for ds public build plug in directories.

I copy "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX2"  folda ,  and paste to  "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

next   serch In  "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins"  ,   there should be "d3dGenX2.dll, initialize.dzime, initialize.dzims".   I copy those three files then paste to "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins" 

those directory may different, where you install daz studio 4 aprication.  then you may better use DIM to find installed directory of each files.then copy and paste correctly to your beta directories.  it seems work for me. Though I can not offer any confirm, it is stable or not, untill plug in author or DAZ conrim it.

if something wrong about my step , correct please.  Actually I do not know, my way is right or not. 

Thank You kitakoredaz

Now it's working.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited June 2017

I can not confirm, but I think it is about gamma correction.  becauses when I test with Render image, with set color for back ground, then check with DS color picker, and Gimp color picker show same RGB values.

we see color which is  "gamma correction" (reverse gamma)"  applied, to see color correctly adjusted for our monitor gamma (2.2) in DS  color property.  

then DS color picker show RGB .   but your color picker seems try to show RGB value  without gamma correction. (not apply gamma correction)

you can see  RGB value without Gamma correction,  as float, when you ctrl click the color  property.  I think those value will be same as  your app color picker.

there is option, how color will be shown with Gamma correction and  without Gamma correction in your monitor.

if I check box on, the color is same when I see the color in my monitor (already gamma correction applied), but if  I check it off, it show color  which remove gamma correction and it should be more dark. 

Thanks for answer.

I can't find where these "Ds Float color" window or "Gamma Correct"  are.  Please where is it?

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    GiGi_7 said:

I can not confirm, but I think it is about gamma correction.  becauses when I test with Render image, with set color for back ground, then check with DS color picker, and Gimp color picker show same RGB values.

we see color which is  "gamma correction" (reverse gamma)"  applied, to see color correctly adjusted for our monitor gamma (2.2) in DS  color property.  

then DS color picker show RGB .   but your color picker seems try to show RGB value  without gamma correction. (not apply gamma correction)

you can see  RGB value without Gamma correction,  as float, when you ctrl click the color  property.  I think those value will be same as  your app color picker.

there is option, how color will be shown with Gamma correction and  without Gamma correction in your monitor.

if I check box on, the color is same when I see the color in my monitor (already gamma correction applied), but if  I check it off, it show color  which remove gamma correction and it should be more dark. 

Thanks for answer.

I can't find where these "Ds Float color" window or "Gamma Correct"  are.  Please where is it?

Gamma coorect is on RENDER SETTING 

by default Gamma is 1.0 and OFF

i use Gamma "ON" and value "2.2" is very effective (skin light better)

note: when you use Gamma 'On', all texture on temp are reworking,, 

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

@GiGi_7

I suppose you use 3delight DAZ shader , in my pic I set RGB as  (186,186,186), for diffuse color.  then ctrl + click on the color, it show float color  (0.5 0.5 0.5). 

in this window, you see same color as Diffuse color property. pic1

but if I check off gamma correction,  the color turn more dark . (it show color without gamma correction, but monitor apply gamma 2.2, now it  become dark) pic2.then actually the color is almost same when I set color (127 (or 128)) .. pic2 (I set specular color value as 128,  to compare with)

then I suspect it is why your picked color show diffrent value. 

But it is only about  how DS show color in UI with gamma correction for monitor,   to render correclty with gamma correction, this topic is very useful.  (sorry if you have alerady known well)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54913/approaching-realism-in-daz-studio-and-gamma-correction-demystified#latest

gamma1.JPG
    966 x 499 - 72K
    gamma2.JPG
    1117 x 541 - 94K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2017

Then I have not deeply considered about DS new color picker, but at least I think it can not copy and paste between two Color property.

because when pick up color from property1 colorA. DS pick the Color witch  gamma correction applied. then when apply picked color for  property2 DS apply gamma correction again, then set color for the property2 I think,,,  I test it like that,,  Though I do not know if it is supposed to be,,, (I test with uber iray property)

1. apply uber iray shader, on to primitve plane, then set base color as R,G,B (128,128,128)  float clor is 0.2,0.2,0.2  pic1

2. set Diffuse Overray weight, then activate Diffuse Overlay Color.

4  on the Diffuse Overlay Color, activate DS color picker, by Alt +Click

5 then hover on to the Base Color to pic Color and change Diffuse Overlay Color, now it set  Diffuse Over lay Color  as (0.5 0.5 0.5)

(seems applied gamma correction ,,,) then not same as Base color.

So that ,DS color picker not use for copy and paste color between two Color properties of shader, but to apply color from image? I do not feel difficulity, about gamma correction, but I do not know clear usage,, of DS color picker still.

colormanage1.JPG
    561 x 455 - 58K
    colormanage2.JPG
    592 x 477 - 64K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited June 2017

Then I have not deeply considered about DS new color picker, but at least I think it can not copy and paste between two Color property.

because when pick up color from property1 colorA. DS pick the Color witch  gamma correction applied. then when apply picked color for  property2 DS apply gamma correction again, then set color for the property2 I think,,,  I test it like that,,  Though I do not know if it is supposed to be,,, (I test with uber iray property)

1. apply uber iray shader, on to primitve plane, then set base color as R,G,B (128,128,128)  float clor is 0.2,0.2,0.2  pic1

2. set Diffuse Overray weight, then activate Diffuse Overlay Color.

4  on the Diffuse Overlay Color, activate DS color picker, by Alt +Click

5 then hover on to the Base Color to pic Color and change Diffuse Overlay Color, now it set  Diffuse Over lay Color  as (0.5 0.5 0.5)

(seems applied gamma correction ,,,) then not same as Base color.

So that ,DS color picker not use for copy and paste color between two Color properties of shader, but to apply color from image? I do not feel difficulity, about gamma correction, but I do not know clear usage,, of DS color picker still.

Thanks Kitakoredaz and cm152335. Very clever guide to my problem.

Effectively my problem was gamma correction with uber iray shader. I repeated your tests with gogo dress for G3F and bunnydazzed shoes for V4. Gogo have Uber Iray shader, Bunny have DAZ Studio Default shader.

1.- I selected a color  from a web color picker, RGB(9,145,13)

2.- With a color picker program I tested this color, picking from the green square. This display same RGB numbers that the web.

3.- Then, I picked over green square using DAZ picker for Bunny default shader (previously set to white 255). Successfully Diffuse Color was setting to RGB(9,145,13). 

pick      =   

DS Select Color window displayed the same RGB.

4.- Float color displayed the same color...but float numbers displayed were not! the appropriate numbers. Multiplying (0.006, 0.29, 0.0014) by 255 produce approximately RGB(0,74,0), a dark green.

5.- Effectively, unchecking Gamma Correct produces a darker color. 

But I can't retain Gamma Correct unchecked after click on accept. Opening Float color again only display Gamma Correct checked again.

6.- I picked over green square using DAZ picker for Gogo Uber Iray shader (previously set to white 1.0 too).Wrong green in Base color channel, but appropriate float numbers, multiplying (0.006, 0.29, 0.0014) by 255 is very near to RGB(9,145,13).

pick     =   

7.- But Select Color window displayed other integers RGB(56,197,66), a lighter green different to RGB(9,145,13).

8.- This lighter green with and without Gamma Correct in Float Color. Without gamma looks like the original green square.

9.- Then I picked the green square for Material ID channel in Uber Iray shader. Result was RGB(9,145,13) the appropriate color.

10.- Iray render left, 3Delight render right.

Because I need the color picker to easily create a lot of preset for my Renderman custom shaders, pwToon and  Manga Style Shaders, just now the shift in color is not a big problem for me, it appears a Iray thing. So, now I am very happy with the daz color picker.

p16.png
    136 x 146 - 6K
    p15.png
    154 x 257 - 11K
    p1.png
    90 x 225 - 4K
    p2.png
    179 x 220 - 5K
    p5.png
    382 x 115 - 13K
    p6.png
    375 x 256 - 27K
    p7.png
    502 x 356 - 41K
    p8.png
    265 x 266 - 26K
    p9.png
    263 x 267 - 26K
    p11.png
    356 x 174 - 15K
    p12.png
    503 x 358 - 42K
    p13.png
    257 x 387 - 31K
    p14.png
    241 x 385 - 30K
    p4.png
    362 x 193 - 16K
    p17.png
    361 x 285 - 21K
    p18.png
    394 x 535 - 134K
    p19.png
    393 x 538 - 89K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited June 2017

It seems the Beta is at 4.9.4.113

The standalone is now at 4.9.4.115.

-> Is the corresponding Beta version going to be added to the DIM later today or is it just a typo?

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited June 2017

It seems the Beta is at 4.9.4.113

The standalone is now at 4.9.4.115.

-> Is the corresponding Beta version going to be added to the DIM later today or is it just a typo?

The Beta has been promoted to a General Release

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2514171

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited June 2017

What does "promoted" mean in this context?

Is Public Build  4.9.4.113 identical to General Release 4.9.4.115 ?

Update / Edit:

Based on the change log there is a difference between .113 and .115:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_9_4_115

- - -

I recall that in the past I did not have to install General Release versions because there was also an identical Public Build version released.

- - -

-> My question remains

Is the Public Build 4.9.4.115 going to be released later today?

Update/Edit:

Thank you! I was able to download and install Public Build 4.9.4.115.

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • atozedatozed Posts: 77

Here's a copy of support ticket I recently submitted. I'm hopping to get faster/better feedback by posting it in the forums:

I am currently trying out the latest public build (version 4.9.4.113) since I do not want to disturb my V4.8 installation (that is pretty solid) by installing the production release on top of it.

In preparation for the test, I carried out the following steps to mitigate issues that have come up in the past with previous 4.9 versions:

• In Studio 4.8, export the user metadata using the 'Export User Data' option in the Content Database Maintenance form.
    • Shut down Studio 4.8, then delete the ContentCluster folder (that contains the content database) in the 'Users/..../cms' folder (don't worry, I made backups).
    • In Studio 4.8, restore the user metadata using the 'Re-import metadata...' option in the Content Database Maintenance form.
    • This restores the custom categories that I have painstakingly created over the years.
    • Shut down Studio 4.8, then run Studio 4.9.

When I ran Studio 4.9, my categories appeared to remain empty. I noticed that the log.txt and cloudLog.txt files get filled with these errors:

2017-06-11 20:45:36.269 Migrating 6796 of 225437 items.
    2017-06-11 20:45:37.049 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Failed to migrate file "248937" error : ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
    DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(e6cbfe24-525c-4481-8034-d4b414ab2616) already exists.
    CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO product (
                      name,
                    default_name,
                     store_id,
                     token,
                     artists,
                    description,
                     guid,
                     last_update,
                     date_purchased,
                     is_vendor,
                     has_cloud_meta_data,
                     is_installed,
                     is_cloud_owned,
                     thumbnail_path,
                     normalized_name,
                     normalized_name_first_letter
                 )
                VALUES(
                    trim(oldproductrow."fldProductName"),
                    calc_store_id,
                    old_token,
                    trim(oldproductrow."fldArtists"),
                    trim(oldproductrow."fldDescription"),
                    oldproductrow."fldGuid",
                    oldproductrow."fldLastUpdate" AT TIME ZONE 'GMT',
                    NOW(),
                    oldproductrow."fldIsVendor",
                    'f',
                    't',
                    'f',
                    trim(oldproductrow."fldSupportFile"),
                    trim(LOWER(oldproductrow."fldNormalizedName")),
                    trim(UPPER(oldproductrow."fldNormalizedNameFirstLetter"))
                )
                RETURNING id"
    PL/pgSQL function migrate_product_content_process("tblProductContent") line 56 at SQL statement
    SQL statement "SELECT migrate_product_content_process(NEW)"
    PL/pgSQL function migrate_product_content_trigger() line 28 at PERFORM

2017-06-11 20:45:37.095 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (INSERT INTO "tblProductContent" (
    "fldContent", "fldProduct", "fldIsVendor" )
    SELECT 248938, 1726, 'f'
    WHERE NOT EXISTS ( SELECT 1 FROM "tblProductContent" WHERE "fldContent" = 248938 AND "fldProduct" = 1726)) failed with exception: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
    DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(e6cbfe24-525c-4481-8034-d4b414ab2616) already exists.
    CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO product (
                      name,
                    default_name,
                     store_id,
                     token,
                     artists,
                    description,
                     guid,
                     last_update,
                     date_purchased,
                     is_vendor,
                     has_cloud_meta_data,
                     is_installed,
                     is_cloud_owned,
                     thumbnail_path,
                     normalized_name,
                     normalized_name_first_letter
                 )
                VALUES(
                    calc_store_id,
                    old_token,
                    trim(oldproductrow."fldArtists"),
                    trim(oldproductrow."fldDescription"),
                    oldproductrow."fldGuid",
                    oldproductrow."fldLastUpdate" AT TIME ZONE 'GMT',
                    NOW(),
                    oldproductrow."fldIsVendor",
                    'f',
                    't',
                    'f',
                    trim(oldproductrow."fldSupportFile"),
                    trim(LOWER(oldproductrow."fldNormalizedName")),
                    trim(UPPER(oldproductrow."fldNormalizedNameFirstLetter"))
                )
                RETURNING id"
    PL/pgSQL function migrate_product_content_process("tblProductContent") line 56 at SQL statement
    SQL statement "SELECT migrate_product_content_process(NEW)"
    PL/pgSQL function migrate_product_content_trigger() line 28 at PERFORM

After a while, I noticed that my category folders were being populated very slowly, but:

• None of my non-DAZ assets were being added to the category folders.
    • The process was taking forever. I let it run for a day before I shut Studio down (it had processed about 2/3 of the entries).
    •  The log.txt and cloudLog.txt files had grown to monstrous sizes (hundreds of megabytes each).
    •  When I ran Studio 4.9 again, it seemed to repeat the migration process all over again.

What the heck's going on?

By the way. When I shut down Daz Studio, the user interface disappears, but the migration task keeps running in the background. I have to use the Windows task manager to kill it. Doing this fails to shut down the Postgres processes. A proper shutdown of Daz Studio should terminate all child processes (no ifs, ands or buts).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited June 2017

The problem is that 4.8 did not force the GUID to be unique (though that's what the U stands for). DS 4.9+ have fixed this (it was a bug not to require that a unique identifier be unique). That explains the issue you are having, but I'm not sure how easily you can fix it (items from Daz can of course be restored via Connect).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    -> My question remains

Is the Public Build 4.9.4.115 going to be released later today?

Yes, it should be available now.

• denmisundenmisun Posts: 29

just want to say, the latest beta (115) powerpose crashes daz3d almost instantaneously on the mac. 

• henrikmkhenrikmk Posts: 15
    edited June 2017

Also instant crash here on my Mac with 115, when using PowerPose. Partial crash log:

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_ARITHMETIC (SIGFPE)
    Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_DIV (divide by zero)
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Floating point exception: 8
    Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x8
    Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

Edit: Also present in 117 for the same reason.

Post edited by henrikmk on
    edited June 2017

For Mac users who are experiencing the PowerPose crash, please see this Known Issues note:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/175016/daz-studio-4-9-4-pro-general-release/p1#known_issues

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

anyone else notice that the 'general release' of 4.9.4.115 has already been announced/replaced by the newer version 4.9.4.117?

shows up in my DIM, and all exe's/plugins are also updated in the DIM (current DS and public builds), and the EXEs in the product libraries.

bummer day for QA, i'm sure.

--ms

• henrikmkhenrikmk Posts: 15
    edited June 2017
    mindsong said:

anyone else notice that the 'general release' of 4.9.4.115 has already been announced/replaced by the newer version 4.9.4.117?

shows up in my DIM, and all exe's/plugins are also updated in the DIM (current DS and public builds), and the EXEs in the product libraries.

bummer day for QA, i'm sure.

--ms

I'm really quite OK with that. The DAZ team is obviously working on the PowerPose system, which AFAIK, was pretty broken.

Spending a few weeks getting it back on track and then making frequent releases to get feedback on individual bugs is the way to go about that. There will be more releases very soon, I'm sure, to fix the Mac bug mentioned above.

Not all bugs can be fixed in one release.

Post edited by henrikmk on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Does this mean it will now overwrite my 4.8 installation?

Does this mean it will now overwrite my 4.8 installation?

If it's a General Release, yes.

I almost loaded the update.  Really glad I stopped it in time....

edited June 2017

Sorry, if you are downloading the Public Beta (4.9.4.117) version, it will happily co-exist with your General Release. So go ahead and complete the update. Remember that it is required for Genesis 8.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Yep,

Sorry, if you are downloading the Public Beta (4.9.4.117) version, it will happily co-exist with your General Release. So go ahead and complete the update. Remember that it is required for Genesis 8.

normally it will install in a parallel program folder.

But it is necessary for G8.
    OK, I got the message, but clicking it simply away let the G8 work pretty fine. At least with 4.9.2

Okay then I misunderstood what was said.  I don't use 4.8 very much anymore except for the blue new content bars to be honest.  I load anything new there first and then follow the bars so I can find it on my pc as well.  Otherwise, I would spend far more time trying to find my content.  And no, I dont want to use Smart Content and hope I never have to. No offense to anyone who loves it, it just doesn't work for me in the way I need it to, at least not yet.

Can I run the Beta on more than one machine?  My installation of of the upgrade for pro is completely messed up and totally unusable at this point.  I would like to load the beta (I already have it on the laptop) and use it while trying to figure out what is wrong with the update.  However, even though the Beta shows up in my accounts, it does not show up in my DIM to download.  My laptop is much slower and older than my pc and I can't work nearly as well while on it, so I need something to use on my pc while trying to figure this out.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Can I run the Beta on more than one machine?  My installation of of the upgrade for pro is completely messed up and totally unusable at this point.  I would like to load the beta (I already have it on the laptop) and use it while trying to figure out what is wrong with the update.  However, even though the Beta shows up in my accounts, it does not show up in my DIM to download.  My laptop is much slower and older than my pc and I can't work nearly as well while on it, so I need something to use on my pc while trying to figure this out.

Yes, you can install it on more than one machine.  Make sure your Download Filters in DIM include Software, Plugins, Public Build, and your OS.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Okay then I misunderstood what was said.  I don't use 4.8 very much anymore except for the blue new content bars to be honest.  I load anything new there first and then follow the bars so I can find it on my pc as well.  Otherwise, I would spend far more time trying to find my content.  And no, I dont want to use Smart Content and hope I never have to. No offense to anyone who loves it, it just doesn't work for me in the way I need it to, at least not yet.

I agree but by default to tend to still open 4.8 mainly out of habit - I have 4.8 and Beta installed on one computer. If they would just put something like the blue new content bars back I'd happily upgrade to a 4.9 version. Every Beta the first things I check for is some Content Library love and never see any.

+10

3Ddreamer said:

I agree but by default to tend to still open 4.8 mainly out of habit - I have 4.8 and Beta installed on one computer. If they would just put something like the blue new content bars back I'd happily upgrade to a 4.9 version. Every Beta the first things I check for is some Content Library love and never see any.

• denmisundenmisun Posts: 29

There's a bug in relation to Victoria 8's y position when grabbing her hands or arms for direct movement. 

i.e.

load Victoria 8 > click and drag either her hand or feet directly.

Notice how the entire figure translates say 20 points up or down (based on the height of the figure. I was able to get it jerk down if applied a negative height via the body morphs). 

I also noticed this sort of behavior in Genesis 3 when applying any of the pose helpers. Such as say 'shoulder shrug'. If you were to apply any of these helpers and attempted to grab said affected area, you would experience an unintended jerk in positioning. 

This bug is reproducible on the mac and pc versions. 

Thanks. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    denmisun said:

There's a bug in relation to Victoria 8's y position when grabbing her hands or arms for direct movement. 

i.e.

load Victoria 8 > click and drag either her hand or feet directly.

Notice how the entire figure translates say 20 points up or down (based on the height of the figure. I was able to get it jerk down if applied a negative height via the body morphs). 

I also noticed this sort of behavior in Genesis 3 when applying any of the pose helpers. Such as say 'shoulder shrug'. If you were to apply any of these helpers and attempted to grab said affected area, you would experience an unintended jerk in positioning. 

This bug is reproducible on the mac and pc versions. 

Thanks. 

Is this using ActivePose?  I'm not able to reproduce it.