The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Rented a Redbox movie but not sure one little detail, when it is due?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Rented a Redbox movie but not sure one little detail, when it is due?

When the box turns red?

Wish I could figure out something.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,572
    Mistara said:

(k)nights in white satinnnn
    letters writtennn

is it knights in white satin? like knights wearing satin uniforms

...Moody Blues played here on Friday.  Didn't go because it was at an outdoor venue and the weather was not the best.  Only the reserved seates were protected and they sold out weeks ago. 

Mistara said:

or nights in white satin as in satin sheets and lingerie?

or knights wearing satin lingerie

...hmmm maybe teh Monty Python group might have tried that.

The did do judges in lingerie.

edited June 2017

...another test pic.  This time both the girls together using i13's new Girlfeinds pose set.

Leela and Tracey together.jpg
    695 x 900 - 531K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

Wonder if I can finish both movies tonight.

I wonder why I keep getting headaches of recent.  It started I think last week on a Monday.   At least I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see what is going on.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thinking in 3rd person today, but space station harbo(u)r master not rambling much today.

hoy, in the 90s, stifled.  hm can worry bout shanty town later

my geralt was helping cerys  decursify jarl udalryk, should prolly help udalryk find peace of mind.

edited June 2017

...back to grey, damp, and cool temps here after a nice day in the 70s yesterday.

The big annual festival here (Rose Festival) is over so the weather can improve any time...right?  Usually Rose Festival time means rain and cold temps.  It used to be held near the end of June but several years ago they moved it up to starting in the last week of may and expanded it from ten days to almost two and a half weeks.

Bones and joints have been in agony for nearly a week.  Really need those retro benefits to come through so I can move to someplace with a milder climate (and that is more affordable than Portland) like Portugal, Spain, Southern Italy, Montenegro, or Greece.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

I wonder why I keep getting headaches of recent.  It started I think last week on a Monday.   At least I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see what is going on.

I started getting sick last week too.  Maybe there is a virus going around.  Or maybe my body isn't used to this heat wave.  Get well soon Miss Bad Wolf.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    Grass pollen is killer right now. Even with my allergy meds, battling some bad mojo including vertigo. I have become comfortably numb.

I am not feeling well right now but where is the TV remote.

kyoto kid said:

...back to grey, damp, and cool temps here after a nice day in the 70s yesterday.

The big annual festival here (Rose Festival) is over so the weather can improve any time...right?  Usually Rose Festival time means rain and cold temps.  It used to be held near the end of June but several years ago they moved it up to starting in the last week of may and expanded it from ten days to almost two and a half weeks.

Bones and joints have been in agony for nearly a week.  Really need those retro benefits to come through so I can move to someplace with a milder climate (and that is more affordable than Portland) like Portugal, Spain, Southern Italy, Montenegro, or Greece.

seems like every other retiree i know moving to the Carolina's

hot n sticky today, mid 90s, no cold beer at home crying

edited June 2017
    Mistara said:
    kyoto kid said:

seems like every other retiree i know moving to the Carolina's

hot n sticky today, mid 90s, no cold beer at home crying

...but what are the rents and cost of living like there?  I can get a 1 BR apartment in the places I mentioned for around or even under 300$ a month.  No government subsidy or Section 8 vouchers needed.

As to the temperature, too bad you couldn't send a little of that my way, had to dig out the big fluffy sweater to go to the market.  Ankles, knees, and hips all achy again. Took twice as long to walk down there and back.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:
    kyoto kid said:

...but what are the rents and cost of living like there?  I can get a 1 BR apartment in the places I mentioned for around or even under 300$ a month.  No government subsidy or Section 8 vouchers needed.

Would you have sufficient income there?

edited June 2017

...I can continue to collect Social Security in those countries as a retiree. 

The biggest expense I am facing here is housing. Market rate housing in Portland is something like 140 - 150% of my monthly benefit.  Section 8 would underwrite  a portion of my rent so my payments would fall between 28% - 31% of my monthly income.  Unfortunately, here in Portland, Section 8 is closed indefinitely and they are not even taking new applications.  The next best option, direct subsidised housing, is going for around 600 - 650 (+ utilities) for a studio which is almost 2/3 of my monthly income. Furthermore all subsidised housing in my income range is pretty much filled, with wait lists between 3 to 5 years.  I cannot stay in a shelter or transitional housing that long.

Even single rooms in shared living situations are going for an average of 700$ to 800$ (plus utilities),  Only about 6 or so years ago, that would easily get you a 1 BR, possibly even a 2 BR in a decent neighbourhood in the inner environs.  This is how bad it has become.  Crikey, I've seen single rooms priced as much as 1,200$ a month. In the area where I live you can't touch a 1 BR for under 1,500$ - 1,600$ and 2 BRs are usually around 2,000$ or more.   It has become absolutely brutal here unless you make a fairly comfortable income (55,000$ a year minimum and you're not going to see that on SS or even working unless you have a degree in some tech field and are younger than 40). It may not be quite as bad as the Bay Area (yet) but we are rapidly heading there with rents increasing at an annual rate of better than 14%

All this has caused the homeless situation here to reach a crisis level which in turn is further straining what social resources the city has. Shelters are often filled to capacity and "tent cities" spring up in various areas, only to be forced out and have to set up somewhere else. Even affluent neighbourhoods are not immune to people pushing shopping trolleys laden with their belongings down the streets and pavement, sifting through refuse and recycle bins looking for bottles and cans to redeem for a nickel apiece. Many among the ranks of the homeless are not drug addicts, alcoholics, young vagabonds, or those who simply "gave up".  They are people who held down steady jobs, veterans, families, and seniors, many of whom were simply priced out of where they lived by gentrification and upscale development, with no other place to go.

Thirty years ago this was a very affordable place to live.  I had a big 1 BR apartment in a nice well maintained building in the "soon to be 'trendy" NW neighbourhood which I could afford on a fairly mediocre wage.  It saddens me to see what happened during my time here, especially in the last decade.

Ah well, maybe I won the Megabucks tonight (back down to the starting 1$ million as someone else won the 7$ million jackpot on Saturday, at least after taxes, I'll have about 42,000$ a year to live on for the next 8 years, as long as I don't take any long expensive trips).

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited June 2017

All excited and wiggly today.  I got email notice that my new video card for my spare computer has been delivered to the post office.  But I have to wait until 10:00AM to go get it.  (Another of my rules of existence:  "Regardless of the number of computers I have, if I have it, it must be fully functional". indecision  Corollary:  "If one of my computers has died one too many times or is more than four OS's old, scavenge its organs and bury it."  enlightened  Another corollary:  "If a box of scavenged parts hasn't been opened in 5 years, discard it".  I'm not a hoarder, and I don't want to be found buried in boxes of 20 year old computer parts.  surprise)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    kyoto kid said:

I would pick Spain.  I already know the language and attending a lace day there would be fantastic.  I am a bobbin lacemaker.

4:00 PM

TUE

Partly Cloudy 92° 96°

calientes 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

tea time for the soul smiley

in complaints - they doing it to patio tables now, see price in cart devil

lowpriceincart.JPG
    964 x 603 - 61K
    edited June 2017

complainnnnnnnt

have to stand at bus stop in this.  no shade is just a sign and sidewalk.

4:00 PM   TUE

Partly Cloudy 95° 99°

Buloxi hot, >.<  woes

justifies a icy frappuccino angel

or a smoothie!  yeah!  strawberry smoothie! heartkissheart

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Mistara said:

I wouldn't be too concerned...shop somewhere else...that on on the right is not worth $713!!!   surprise

Dana

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:

I wouldn't be too concerned...shop somewhere else...that on on the right is not worth $713!!!   surprise

Dana

I looked at that and thought the same thing.  Just wow!

At pool and sun-tanning a bit while on tablet.  Thought I lost my socks but I did find them.  I am checking inventory of what I have to put on after I shower from my swim in pool. Glad that this pool now has pool side wifi.   Well I guess I can use wifi in pool but the life guard might not like seeing me with my tablet in the pool. Also I am not sure if dropping the device in the pool would invalidate the warenty.  Maybe I should go down slide one more time.

atticanne said:
    kyoto kid said:

I would pick Spain.  I already know the language and attending a lace day there would be fantastic.  I am a bobbin lacemaker.

...thinking of Malaga.or Cartegena.

Mistara said:

...one of the most sought after magical items in all of Britain, the ever flowing teapot.

Chohole said:

...hmm, the whiskers and tails actually do improve reception.

This discussion has been closed.