Can even narrow it down to Tennessee Williams plays

Tomato on a Hot Tin Roof

The Tomato Menagerie

A Streetcar Named Tomato

Sweet Tomato of Youth

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited June 2017

Here is one more.  I think I will play with this one more and eventually enter it.  Then I will get back to a bowl of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwitch.

I modeled a flying saucer and added some leaf-hair for the killer tomato.  Some of the greebles on the underside of the flying saucer were done with the regular replicator (not surface replicator).  I attached a screenshot of the replicator setting to get the circle.  The instances appear in the Assemble room as white bounding boxes.

WIP Tomato Flying Saucer 1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 32K
    WIP Assemble Room Stuff.JPG
    1749 x 979 - 145K
    WIP Replicator.JPG
    1799 x 1016 - 112K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

On the Edge of Tomato, starring Tomato Cruise.

I had a dream about Sissyphus endlessly pushing a giant tomato up a hill. Too many tomatoes. laugh

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

tee heeee  good ones!  loll

Escape to Tomato Mountain

Tomato Trek

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    edited June 2017
    Mistara said:

tee heeee  good ones!  loll

Escape to Tomato Mountain

Tomato Trek

plus three :)

in years to come I'll look back at my old drive and ask , why is there a folder called Carrara Tomato...?

snowmen_Color.jpg
    2555 x 1700 - 3M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,846
    edited June 2017

lol... creme de la tomme

Harry's Potty Philosopher's Tomato

Tomato Harry.jpg
    800 x 600 - 348K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Stezza, very cool Harry!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Well... another attempt at a better pose for the Tomato Gal.  I'm designing an advert so re-shaded my background... it's shader is all Carrara procedural settings which it comes with except for Veloute "Random Lines". I might just seperate it into a different file and render as back drop... loading/saving the character is taking about an hour... why I don't know.  She was saved from DS, dressed (diff clothing) and posed, both as a scene subset and also as a scene... both are dang slow... so today I "hid" a bunch of presets not used... didn't seem to make a difference.  Hey... waddya know took less than an hour this time... might be because I replaced the skin MU entirely with Ambi maps by Ringo Monfort.

Clair_15_forChallenge_rend.png
    640 x 480 - 343K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930

nice job wgdjohn, great idea to render out the background separately too :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,855

wgdjohn , keep that tomato render heading towards the finish, looking forward to the result !!!!!

Diomede said:

Here is one more.  I think I will play with this one more and eventually enter it.  Then I will get back to a bowl of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwitch.

I modeled a flying saucer and added some leaf-hair for the killer tomato.  Some of the greebles on the underside of the flying saucer were done with the regular replicator (not surface replicator).  I attached a screenshot of the replicator setting to get the circle.  The instances appear in the Assemble room as white bounding boxes.

Love it !!!!!

Stezza said:

lol... creme de la tomme

Harry's Potty Philosopher's Tomato

Excellent renders as always Stezza !!!!!

Thanks Headwax and Bunyip. blush  Everyone has been doing such good work... and more are in the works, I suspect.

Thanks, Bunyip and everyone. 

HeadWax, love the poses and expressions of the snowpeople.  Nicely done.

Stezza, your characters are always spot on - would have recognized as Harry even without the titles.

John, great start, looking foward to the advert.  The loading/saving times seem excessive even for DUF files.  In the absence of the ability to offer you a solution, I would support your idea of saving a render out as a backdrop to be loaded with other elements.  Shadow catchers can be very useful if combining additional scene elements become an issue.

thanks peeps... I have a wizard robe somewhere but I couldn't find it.. lost in the runtimes of the forgotten!

keep those WiPs coming... yes

poor tomatoes! Creeched again!

edited June 2017

Wow... can't belive I did anything right... load time has been reduced to less than 15 min as opposed to 1+- hr, still not fast enough tho. Haven't re-tested save time yet.

Note to all that posing in Carrara is a lot easier, IMO, than in DS... probably since I'm more familiar with Carrara's interface/tools.

Since the file loaded more quickly I decided to play... here are 2 Toon! Pro renders.  Neither are quite good enough on their own but with either and the PR render I could combine them... or at least give it a go... most problem is the eyes and mouth.  I'm headed off to make a model or more for the scene at the moment... and of course decide on an already modeled Tomato.  Oh... I've decided to make this billboard sized to allow text and model. I'm planning on rendering at 3 or 4 times the original size and then stepping back down to twice the size of original to see if that improves the quality, sharpness... hey... I like to experiment. :)

[edit to add full screen grab]

Clair_TomatoGal_15_TPro_wOutline_rend.png
    640 x 480 - 356K
    Clair_TomatoGal_15_outline_rend.png
    640 x 480 - 66K
    ToonPro_DCG_2.png
    1366 x 768 - 683K
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
    edited June 2017

Red Dragon & Red Sunset

Dragon Red 1c Topaz 800.png
    800 x 600 - 981K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Bunyip02, amazing scenery and the road.

Hello Vyusur, the environment is by Flipmode, https://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-road-to-hell

A skybox is used, in Carrara you have to add the texture maps to the shaders for it to work, I find that a couple of sides often don't work so you have to juggle the texture maps to suit the view.

Thank you for the link. Anyways very beautiful. The dragon wing interacts with the thorns.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited June 2017

Revenge of the Red Baron

All images composed entirely in Carrara, with captions and panels added in Comic Life.

Red Baron WIP 1_smaller.PNG
    1000 x 531 - 579K
    Red Baron WIP 2_smaller.PNG
    1000 x 535 - 350K
    Red Baron Final 3c_smaller.png
    1200 x 927 - 1M
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

Revenge of the Red Baron

All images composed entirely in Carrara, with captions and panels added in Comic Life.

Excellent !!!!!

edited June 2017

2 Red Dragons

Dragon Red 2 Topaz 800.png
    800 x 600 - 990K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

@Stezza - Poser creech still gets the job done, and was used in my Tomato From the Black Lagoon parody.

@wgdjohn - very impressed with the line art, especially the bangs.  Which hair is that?

@Bnyip - I like the hand pose of the standing dragon.  With the basketball playoffs going on, a few folks might remember Dikembe saying "Not in my house!"

@UnifiedBrain - wonderful panels, especially the expressions.

edited June 2017

Thank you Bunyip and Diomede!

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited June 2017

I am sadly going to have to pass on this challenge as well.  I am working a lot of overtime this month, and, my son told us two weeks ago that he and his fiancee have moved the wedding up from August of 2018 to July 1st of this year.  We have three weeks left to put a wedding together so anything serious or anything that is going to take a long time, isn't going to happen this month. 

Some very cool and fun renders coming along though and I am looking forward to seeing all of the finished renders.  After the 1st I will be going through this thread to see what I can glean from it lol

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    Diomede said:
    Stezza, your characters are always spot on - would have recognized as Harry even without the titles.

I agree.  Stezza, what is your process for creating such recognizable characters?

Ice Dragon Art - Enjoy your wonderful family events.  Family weddings have been welcome news on the forum recently, with Dart et al.  Good stuff.

Earth vs the Flying Tomatoes will be developed more and then entered.  Here is another progress check.  The poster will have tomato saucers, tomato robots, a burning city, and of course the hero and heroine looking in the distance.  Here is the original poster and a few of the models in their current state - no shaders yet.

earth-vs-the-flying-saucers.22894.jpg
    1048 x 1500 - 875K
    cc01 robot animaiton group.JPG
    1699 x 988 - 169K
    cc03 render of tomat robot.jpg
    640 x 480 - 14K
    cc04 assemble room.JPG
    1392 x 982 - 193K
    cc05 render no shaders.jpg
    600 x 859 - 43K