Tell Us! Links To Favorite Gallery / Art Studio Renders

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@luci45   Added you to the index, going to visit yours now!  Hopefully folks will also pop in to the folks I listed too- there's no comments, so I don't know if people "liked" or not. If you did, thanks for supporting those artists.  smiley

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I like and comment on all of them.  some really nice stuff!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    Novica said:

@luci45   Added you to the index, going to visit yours now!  Hopefully folks will also pop in to the folks I listed too- there's no comments, so I don't know if people "liked" or not. If you did, thanks for supporting those artists.  smiley

Thanks, Novica. I appreciate it. I will start looking at stuff today. I am so far behind. laugh

I like and comment on all of them.  some really nice stuff!

Thanks, Ice Dragon Art! smiley

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    luci45 said:

Hi Novica! I finally updated my gallery. Here are the ones I like best. Thanks so much for doing this.

Ilya For the It's Raining Men Contest (Won third prize.) A Russian soldier living a hard life
    A Wedding  The medieval dress looks to me like a traditional wedding gown in a fictional country in the eastern Mediterranean some time in the twentieth century. An arranged marriage, so they are a bit uncertain. 
    The Moirae For last year's Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge - the challenge was using 3 similar things 
    Elf  For the PC Weekly Challenge - won first place.
    Escher Day For RRRR  Alternative Holidays Contest - I had to use 12 random items from my runtime (8 were my handicap for winning and placing in previous contests.) It was challenging and fun. 
    Zanpoori Centennial Celebration  Another RRRR Alternative Holidays Contest entry with 12 random pulls. 
    Round and Round Rapid Riders  RRRR - What Does It Mean? Contest entry with 11 random pulls. 
    This Bed Is A World RRRR Twisted Lyrics Contest entry with 11 random pulls.
    Vengence For an RRRR Contest with no theme. I had a lot of fun with postwork.
    Time Bandits 2 - The Future Awaits  For RRRR Sequels Contest 

I thought 'Escher Day' was my favorite (I've been in love with Escher's works since I was a kid)... but then I saw Time Bandits 2.  Now I can't decide which is my favorite.  Fantastic job on both of them.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    dracorn said:
    luci45 said:

Hi Novica! I finally updated my gallery. Here are the ones I like best. Thanks so much for doing this.

Ilya For the It's Raining Men Contest (Won third prize.) A Russian soldier living a hard life
    A Wedding  The medieval dress looks to me like a traditional wedding gown in a fictional country in the eastern Mediterranean some time in the twentieth century. An arranged marriage, so they are a bit uncertain. 
    The Moirae For last year's Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge - the challenge was using 3 similar things 
    Elf  For the PC Weekly Challenge - won first place.
    Escher Day For RRRR  Alternative Holidays Contest - I had to use 12 random items from my runtime (8 were my handicap for winning and placing in previous contests.) It was challenging and fun. 
    Zanpoori Centennial Celebration  Another RRRR Alternative Holidays Contest entry with 12 random pulls. 
    Round and Round Rapid Riders  RRRR - What Does It Mean? Contest entry with 11 random pulls. 
    This Bed Is A World RRRR Twisted Lyrics Contest entry with 11 random pulls.
    Vengence For an RRRR Contest with no theme. I had a lot of fun with postwork.
    Time Bandits 2 - The Future Awaits  For RRRR Sequels Contest 

I thought 'Escher Day' was my favorite (I've been in love with Escher's works since I was a kid)... but then I saw Time Bandits 2.  Now I can't decide which is my favorite.  Fantastic job on both of them.

Escher Day was so incredible. That looked like a LOT of work!

Aww, and then there's Darth Kitty.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

Thank you for the smile! Way too cute!!!

Thanks for the kind words and for looking at my gallery. I will start looking at more galleries soon. smiley

dracorn said:

Dracorn's Gallery:

Bishop Takes Queen.  Placed 2nd in New Users' Contest. The sailor looks almost real.  3DL

Mandala - Mermaids. One of my absolute favorites.  Required some math and a good eye to place all the figures.  3DL.

She'll Never Suspect.  My evil faerie Princess of the Night Character in a classic faerie tale setting.  3DL.

Revealed in the Deep.  Made use of gel lights and atmospheric cameras.  Take a close look at the sunken ship.  3DL.

Dominator.  SciFi.  Background is a NASA pic of NGC 5189.  3DL, Nix filters.

Emergence. First time I got the white elf skin right.  3DL, Ron's brushes.

Cast Down.  A serious Halloween render.  3DL, Ron's brushes.

Kaori.  Reusing a V4 skin converted to G2F.  Reflective Radiance for 3DL portrait lighting.  New 04/18/17

Elegant Wizardry.  Making use of tricks for emissive light in 3DL.

Dividing Candy.  A fun Halloween pic for the kids.  3DL.

Some great stuff here! And using 3Delight... Wow! Very expressive and excellent postwork. 

I want to thank everyone who has gone and commented on my links as well.  Its nice to get some love lol.

IceDragonArt's Gallery

Render 1  -  Aerandiel for V4 - I am just super happy with how this turned out.

Render 2  - Gaullain - I was very happy with both the lighting (Ghost Lights) and the DOF as well as how well the LIE Makeup for G3M worked together.

Render 3 - T Rex - This dinosaur is just totally amazing.

Render 4 -  Fairy in a Bottle 

Render 5   - Dark Huntress - I managed to get the DOF just right for a change.

Render 6   - Elemantal - I think this is my best postworked image. Ever lol.

Render 7 - Planet Fall -

Render 8  - A village in my world

Art Studio Thread

Render 1   I feel like I caught that moment of tension, where you are going, no! don't do it! while watching a scary movie

Render 2  This is one of the characters I am using in a world building/story thing

This should make it easier to find everyone in the gallery as well. Thank you!

I really enjoyed your selected renders. A lot of the others in your gallery look pretty great too. I wll get to them. 

About Render 1  Render in your Art Studio thread. For some reason I loved the original render as the intense orange high-contrast light enhanced the scary mood. 

luci45 said:

IceDragonArt's Gallery

Render 1  -  Aerandiel for V4 - I am just super happy with how this turned out.

Render 2  - Gaullain - I was very happy with both the lighting (Ghost Lights) and the DOF as well as how well the LIE Makeup for G3M worked together.

Render 3 - T Rex - This dinosaur is just totally amazing.

Render 4 -  Fairy in a Bottle 

Render 5   - Dark Huntress - I managed to get the DOF just right for a change.

Render 6   - Elemantal - I think this is my best postworked image. Ever lol.

Render 7 - Planet Fall -

Render 8  - A village in my world

Art Studio Thread

Render 1   I feel like I caught that moment of tension, where you are going, no! don't do it! while watching a scary movie

Render 2  This is one of the characters I am using in a world building/story thing

This should make it easier to find everyone in the gallery as well. Thank you!

I really enjoyed your selected renders. A lot of the others in your gallery look pretty great too. I wll get to them. 

About Render 1  Render in your Art Studio thread. For some reason I loved the original render as the intense orange high-contrast light enhanced the scary mood. 

Thank you!  I always find it difficult to choose which one to put in the gallery when I do multiple ones with different filters and such.  I don't like to flood the gallery with 5 of the same image so I try and stick to just one.  Its tough though!

Novica said:

I just laughed!  That made my day, thanks.

luci45 said:
    dracorn said:

Dracorn's Gallery:

Bishop Takes Queen.  Placed 2nd in New Users' Contest. The sailor looks almost real.  3DL

Mandala - Mermaids. One of my absolute favorites.  Required some math and a good eye to place all the figures.  3DL.

She'll Never Suspect.  My evil faerie Princess of the Night Character in a classic faerie tale setting.  3DL.

Revealed in the Deep.  Made use of gel lights and atmospheric cameras.  Take a close look at the sunken ship.  3DL.

Dominator.  SciFi.  Background is a NASA pic of NGC 5189.  3DL, Nix filters.

Emergence. First time I got the white elf skin right.  3DL, Ron's brushes.

Cast Down.  A serious Halloween render.  3DL, Ron's brushes.

Kaori.  Reusing a V4 skin converted to G2F.  Reflective Radiance for 3DL portrait lighting.  New 04/18/17

Elegant Wizardry.  Making use of tricks for emissive light in 3DL.

Dividing Candy.  A fun Halloween pic for the kids.  3DL.

Some great stuff here! And using 3Delight... Wow! Very expressive and excellent postwork. 

Why thank you.  Loved your stuff as well.

Just goes to show that each render engine can yield good stuff. 

• ShozaiShozai Posts: 30

Thank you for looking at my images. Dawnblade was posting some links to it earlier :D

Shozai said:

Thank you for looking at my images. Dawnblade was posting some links to it earlier :D

A pleasure! 

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited May 2017

OK, I'm game.

JamesJAB's Gallery

Render 1 - Portrait05 (playing with light temperature)

Render 2 - Tos-dress29 (Test render that came out nice of a couple of projects that I'm working on)

Render 3 - Alien Sunset (Cool lighting with bloom enabled in render)

Post edited by JamesJAB on

Here's one that deserves some love. Look at the youngest boy- so cute! Toon Family Photo by @angelwings

And consider getting Captain Charisma- look at what his morphs can do!  Gallery Image  Needs some comments, it's wonderful!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited June 2017
    MDO2010 said:

I wish I could get some constructive criticism on some of my work! laugh

I used to participate in render challenges on the Dreamlight site because each month he would create a video going through every entry and talking about what he liked and drawing all over it offering suggestions for improvement.  I learned more from participating in and watching a couple months of those videos than I did in the previous couple years of trying to learn on my own. Sadly, he no longer does that, My personal feeling is that, especially for someone with no art training, it is nearly impossible to get better without honest (constructive!) criticism, but I totally get your point that it shouldn't come without invitation.

Actually I like your gallery as it's just a hodge podge of different concepts. I don't know where your going with any of it or if you even intend to do anything other then that singular concept for that picture but many of them are very nice. That's not to say I like all the renders or that they are all techniquely interesting.

I wish I could come up with unique intriquing concepts as I struggle to come up with any interesting concept. 

Caught back up...lots of nice new renders. I try to catch up in the regular gallery regularly but far too much is posted for me to view it all.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited June 2017

Actually I like your gallery as it's just a hodge podge of different concepts. I don't know where your going with any of it or if you even intend to do anything other then that singular concept for that picture but many of them are very nice. ...<snip>...

Thanks! :)

There's no plan or theme to my stuff - it's just my escape. My day job is in financial analysis and I pretty much live in Excel so I need a break from all those columns of numbers and dabbling in art for a few hours each weekend lets me unwind a bit. :)

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Wow, this thread has been busy while I was away. Currently proof-reading for a friend, and I need to get back to that, but I promise to re-visit and stroll through all your works.  Thanks for participating everybody.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

I added 3 of my latest renders to my gallery favorites!

I added a new one to my gallery selections

edited June 2017

The link is broken on number 9. It goes to the 'clicker's' own gallery page.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

The link is broken on number 9. It goes to the 'clicker's' own gallery page.

Thanks!  Should be fixed now.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Snuck one more in today to make 10 in my favoritessmiley

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited August 2021

I will offer up a few images.

Gallery

Render 1  Daisy & The Hobgoblin - This is a simple image inspired from Those Things amazing pose set.  I also loved Orestes Graphics HDRI's and decided to combine them.  I am afraid of thunderstorms and that was the original idea behind the image. I didn't intend to add the Hobgoblin but he called out to me.  I think it turned out quite nice. 

Render 2  Shattered Heart - My original idea for this was to feature just the shattered heart in a simple render...but it felt incomplete.  So my OC Arnia came to the rescue.

Render 3 Arnia Portrait - This is my OC Arnia.  She is so wonderful to work with.  Whenever I seem to get stuck she is always there for me.  And she always seems to want to possess a 'Mona Lisa" smile.  A little mysterious with just a hint of mischievousness.  She likes to keep people guessing as to what she is really thinking. 

Render 4  I Am Beautiful - I have had the Arctek Cybernetic Arms and Legs since April.  I think I realized I owned them when going through the store and decided to use them.  I had a general idea what I was going to do but except for the pose the final image is completely different.

Render 5 Jinx - I have been playing around with Mood Renderer lights.  Unfortunately I cannot get the script to work ATM.  I love green eyes.  I didn't get her eyes to stand out as much as I might have liked but I am still pleased with the image.  New August 23, 2021

Render 6 Unbroken - I really loved the craggy, worn face of Tennessee when I first saw him.  But I chose not to put him in a warrior / chaos style render.  I would have liked to have more shadows on his face to really highlight the ridges, scars and wrinkles on his face but I chose to highlight his eyes instead.  Which I totally went in a fantasy direction with as far as colour goes.  I also used ARTCollaberation's new Uniquie Fabrics Shaders on his clothes.  I don't usually supply any kind of a story in the Description Field as I prefer to give the viewer the room they need to interpret the image in thier own way.  But the phrase I ended up recording came to me while I was creating this image.  When that happens I have to honour the request and record it for the character. 

Render 7  Brooke - I just finished creating this image.  I haven't rendered an image in a couple of months.  It felt longer.  

Render 8  Caged - I just finished this today.  I have a love of wings. 

Render 9 Strange Discovery - I fell in love with the promo images for The AntFarm's Alien Lands.  I loved the atmosphere and did my best to create my own version. 

Render 10  Storytime - I different perspective on Fae Mushroom characters. 

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Wow, I really like your sleeping dragon.

I just realized last night that the gallery has a "Like" button. Now I need to go back through the thread, find the pictures that I missed commenting on AND adding a Like to all of them. I feel like such a noob.

LOL. Well...yep. That's a noob. (Yanking your chain. It's better than not noticing the comment section. THAT would be really funny.)  It's not really being a noob though, it's more like "having a DUH." (Been there, done that. OFTEN.)