(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Less is good. I can use it now (kind of) if I stick to something like a solid color smooth fabric shader. But would like to be able to use something at least a bit less limiting. I imagine that a lot depends on the pose.

You bet, and poly count doesn't hurt - sickle mage was made back before I started sculpting all my geometries by default, so it's lower poly than say Dragon Lady. I did my best with it at the time, but I still regret not putting more detail into the belts and wrinkles.

In overall product news, I sent the promos and manual to DAZ and am waiting for a response.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

I am really looking forward to this. I have all sorts of things I want to try with this.

edited December 1969

No word from DAZ yet!

Since F5 is out, I can mention that this product supports him. I'll try to get together an F5 promo today for you all.

edited December 1969

For the lulz, Freak 5 in Future Cop. SRM version is on the left.

SRMFC.jpg
    600 x 600 - 234K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited December 1969

For the lulz, Freak 5 in Future Cop. SRM version is on the left.

LOL! He looks like an ad for Mr. Clean, military grade cleanser. "I beatz the craap outta your dirt prahblems."

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

I saw (and bought) this pretty thing for V4 in rendo http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=97505. Maybe it can obtain a good conversion?

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    I saw (and bought) this pretty thing for V4 in rendo http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=97505. Maybe it can obtain a good conversion?

I can't tell without having the product, but I would think so. Val3dArt usually does very good work geometrywise.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I saw that. I'm always looking for a Valkyrie set but it just didn't fit my needs. Hey SY... you wanna make a go at it?? What I'm looking for is some almost spot on to that of the Valkyrie from the Defenders. While it's a superhero comic she was very much all about the Norse legends so her earlier costume was very simple but cool.

http://blogintomystery.com/2011/04/26/the-defenders-are-living-in-a-material-world-and-the-valkyrie-is-a-material-girl-the-defenders-5/

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I saw that. I'm always looking for a Valkyrie set but it just didn't fit my needs. Hey SY... you wanna make a go at it?? What I'm looking for is some almost spot on to that of the Valkyrie from the Defenders. While it's a superhero comic she was very much all about the Norse legends so her earlier costume was very simple but cool.

http://blogintomystery.com/2011/04/26/the-defenders-are-living-in-a-material-world-and-the-valkyrie-is-a-material-girl-the-defenders-5/

While sensible of the honor, I respectfully decline. I try to avoid anything that could get me in copyright trouble, but more importantly, I don't care for female superhero garb. (Although even the silver boob-cones are still classier than Power Girl's outfit.)

edited December 1969

Doesn't hurt to ask. It's really a bathing suit with cones on the breasts and a cape with arm bands. Might cobble that together myself but would be nice to have an all inclusive set. Doubt Marvel could call copy right on that one but I understand your concerns about that.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:

That's a nice outfit, and half off.... have you tried it in DS?

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Don't know what that outfit was but it's gone now. Page comes up saying "This Product Is Not Available For Viewing".

edited December 1969

Well, I bought it because it was on sale, but apparently it's been taken down from his store overnight. O.o

Here's the render anyway. The custom pauldron bones get lost in transfer, but by and large it works.

SRMKyrieV5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 227K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited January 2013

Byrdie said:
    Don't know what that outfit was but it's gone now. Page comes up saying "This Product Is Not Available For Viewing".

It was one of Rendo's 50% off introductory preview specials... they usually run one every Wednesday for a 24 hour period. It'll be back up again (at full price) soon. Edit - (I opted to but "someone's" Tongue in my cart instead.)

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:

It was one of Rendo's 50% off introductory preview specials... they usually run one every Wednesday for a 24 hour period. It'll be back up again (at full price) soon.

You'd think I wouldn't be startled by those by this time, wouldn't you? LOL

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

wow great stuff again SY, just can't wait to find it in the store and buy it as soon as it's released

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Yeah, must keep an eye out for this. And the outfit whenever it turns up at Rendo again.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

While sensible of the honor, I respectfully decline. I try to avoid anything that could get me in copyright trouble, but more importantly, I don't care for female superhero garb. (Although even the silver boob-cones are still classier than Power Girl's outfit.)

Have you seen Power Girl's New 52 outfit? It will make you have a better opinion of her old one. Did you check out the run Amanda Conner did on Power Girl a few years ago? It was a lot of fun. If you had ever told me I would see a comic with Power Girl riffing on the Sean Connery character from Zardoz, I simply would not have believed you.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Have you seen Power Girl's New 52 outfit? It will make you have a better opinion of her old one. Did you check out the run Amanda Conner did on Power Girl a few years ago? It was a lot of fun. If you had ever told me I would see a comic with Power Girl riffing on the Sean Connery character from Zardoz, I simply would not have believed you.

Heavens to Murgatroyd.

And if Gail Simone can't make me like Black Canary, I'm pretty sure there's no writer who can make me like Powergirl. Comics are a visual medium. I will always at some point say to myself, "E cup tit window. Your argument is invalid."

Zardoz was pretty hilarious, though. :D

edited January 2013

Gedd said:
    gilikshe said:

Sorry, I couldn't get daz3d yesterday and today in the morning. My internet is awful this days. Oufit works in DS4 but with some issues. Collar and pauldron deform when genesis is posed or shaped. Shoes sole shows some break. Skirt also has problems, So I think to use sickle rigging in it. But in general is a good outfit full of material zones.

I bought the sickle fixers in rendo, and I am very happy with results. So, I'm waiting for this new system.

Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited December 1969

Good news, I'm uploading it for full review now! This will take a while with the two 200mb files, but at least they're having a look at it. ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...excellent.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Gedd said:
    gilikshe said:

Sorry, I couldn't get daz3d yesterday and today in the morning. My internet is awful this days. Oufit works in DS4 but with some issues. Collar and pauldron deform when genesis is posed or shaped. Shoes sole shows some break. Skirt also has problems, So I think to use sickle rigging in it. But in general is a good outfit full of material zones.

I bought the sickle fixers in rendo, and I am very happy with results. So, I'm waiting for this new system.

Thanks, unfortunately I didn't realize sale was only 24 hrs... oh well live and learn ;)

edited December 1969

Well, I bought it because it was on sale, but apparently it's been taken down from his store overnight. O.o

Here's the render anyway. The custom pauldron bones get lost in transfer, but by and large it works.

Is it the converted version?

edited December 1969

It's back up. 'Rosity features some new items at a very deep discount and then takes them down for a couple of days and they are back up at either a lesser discount or full price.

edited December 1969

Bootleggers. It's not a perfect conversion, but it's better than than the Autofit version (shown first). A pair from one of the V4 Shoe Packs is also shown (again, Autofit first).

Possibly it is the "perfect conversion" with template method. Boots only have few details. Mixing smooth and push modifiers can improve results with adequate amount of iterations.

• ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

Have you tested this rigging system with animated poses? Any issues?

Color me very interested in this.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Will this be only for DS4.5 or will I be able to use it in DS4

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,880
    edited December 1969

And any idea how soon is the soon :lol:

edited December 1969

Gah. I got unsubscribed from my own WIP thread again. How does this keep happening? Hopefully this time it was because of the commercial section as a whole being moved.

The set is still in testing, still no comment from the tester yet. I'll poke them about it and see where we are in the process.

Questions:

Yes, gilikshe, that was the converted version I rendered.
    No, wilmap, as far as I know it probably will not work in DS4.0.