Have a Look Around: 360 Renders

Comments

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 797

Thanks all! 

That is quite a scene with a full outside groud and dome and full set for inside. There are the 2 ships and 4 figures (2 mechanics, pilot and commander) and the exhaust element.

• I used a simple tookls found i don't know where, load a 2 cam sets in the project, render left/ and right image choosing the cam (lens : sphérical) used stéreo photomaker for joining left/right image
    it's a dae file (use file : import ...)

zip
    zip
    daz-stereo-cam_100.zip
  • Deeps space 9 in 360

ds9360.jpg
    2048 x 1024 - 1M
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited April 2017

Just saw this in another thread: 360's by TangoAlpha of the new City Hall. Really shows off the product.

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Thanks for the link. I didn't want to come in here tooting my own horn, so to speak. 

Thanks for the link. I didn't want to come in here tooting my own horn, so to speak. 

No problem, share whenever you like. It was good to see how it looks in 360.. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

It would be good to see more of these.

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455
    edited May 2017

I used a simple tookls found i don't know where, load a 2 cam sets in the project, render left/ and right image choosing the cam (lens : sphérical) used stéreo photomaker for joining left/right image
    it's a dae file (use file : import ...)

I think AndyS is the source of the stereo rig.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/126551/new-iray-version-stereo-output-from-a-single-render#latest

Post edited by FirePro9 on

It would be good to see more of these.

I agree!

edited May 2017

Offline 360 Viewer

I've noticed some people in this and other threads have posted spherical images without uploading them to a site like 2VR and that's fine. Since they are not my photos, I won't upload them to 2VR myself as the images end up remaining on the 2VR site and I'm not the copyright owner. Since I couldn't view them, I searched out a solution,  I found a viewer by Ricoh (the one labeled basic app) that you can download to view spherical images on your computer or phone. I've tried it out on a PC and it works fine. It has a drag and drop interface but I wasn't able to just drag a photo from the webpage. What you'll need to do (at least it works in Win 7) is copy the url, go the viewer program, select File/Open from the main menu, and paste the url into the file name box.  The image will open in the viewer and you can look around. One nice feature vs. 2VR is that besides panning, you can also zoom in and out. Not a one-step solution but pretty easy nonetheless.

• DAYIAWANDAYIAWAN Posts: 9

RGcincy, may I ask your advice, please. I'm trying to do everything as described in your first post on this topic. I'm new at this. However (judging by the screenshot) it seems that I'm missing something ... Where exactly does the size 4096-2048 (ratio) register in settings? What parameters still need to be configured in the camera besides the "Lens Distortion Type / Spherical" option?

Thank you in advance!

Motoyama, 

For the size, do these steps (see attached screenshot too):

1. Go to the Render Settings Pane
    2. Click on General in left hand column
    3. In right hand column, click on Dimension Preset drop down box and choose Custom
    4. In same column, in the Aspect Ratio input box, type 2 for W and 1 for H
    5. Just above that, in the Pixel Size input box, type 4096 for W and the H will automatically get 2048

For the camera, just set all the rotate settings to 0. You may also want to change the Focal Length to something lower than 65 (but I'm not sure you have to).

Render settings.jpg
    452 x 441 - 78K
    edited May 2017

Here's the inside of the Factory Warehouse. Click here for the 360 view.

I've also attached the spherical render in case you want to use in a stand alone viewer like Ricoh's.

Factory Warehouse spherical.jpg
    4096 x 2048 - 5M

This is Shaded Santuary set amoung Medina buildings and people. Click here for 360 view.

Shaded sanctuary 2 reduced.jpg
    4096 x 2048 - 2M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited May 2017

Thanks @RGcincy for explaining how to create these renders and how to view and share them.

Here is one I did of Fern Lake. It opens to the least interesting part of the 360 image, but it gets better as you look around. I rendered it 4096 by 2048.

Edit: I fixed the sky. Stupidly, I originally had a white environment enabled. I got rid of that and rerendered the sky and patched it together in Photoshop. I didn't rerender the whole thing, so I wasn't able to fix the camera view.

Post edited by barbult on

Nice one @barbult! I like the birds - good addition.

I didn't figure it out at first, but the 2VR viewer shows the scene starting 90 degrees to the right of where the camera was pointing in Daz Studio. Since learning that, I focus on my desire starting point, then rotate the camera 90 degrees to the left before rendering. I don't know if that 90 degree rotation is true of all viewers or just the 2VR one.

Thanks for the tip. I made some kind of error that caused my sky to look white in the render. I'll have to investigate that later. I'm doing a Harpsburg one now and the sky is fine.
    edited May 2017

I finished my Harpsburg 360 and updated my Fern Lake to fix the sky. This is so much fun!

Harpsburg 360.JPG
    1309 x 1381 - 239K
    Fern Lake 360.JPG
    1312 x 1372 - 290K
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

It's great to see these.  I also like the birds flying and landing.  It's kind of fun then the image looks kind of ordinary at first and as you spin around it reveals the center of focus.  And thanks Rich for the stand alone viewer option you posted. . 

edited May 2017

I did an indoor scene this time.

Dinner Conversation 360.JPG
    1312 x 1377 - 147K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

another one of my videos

to view on desktop I use GoPro Player, it also does images.

barbult said:

Wow! nicely done barbult. Opens at just the right spot

Rich for the stand alone viewer option you posted.

That and 2VR will have to do until Daz adds a native viewer to the forum/gallery. 

RGcincy said:
    barbult said:

Wow! nicely done barbult. Opens at just the right spot

Yes, thanks to your tip! Did you notice the dinner scene has a visible seam? I haven't seen that before.

Now I'm working on a FirstBastion shopping mall scene. It is a deserted shopping mall, because there is nothing in the stores and only one Loretta LoRez is in there. laugh That seems to be the trend with real shopping malls, it seems.

edited May 2017
    th3Digit said:

another one of my videos

very impressive! How long does it take to render something that long? I like how you can change which direction you are viewing as you move along

edited May 2017
    barbult said:

Yes, thanks to your tip! Did you notice the dinner scene has a visible seam? I haven't seen that before.

Now I'm working on a FirstBastion shopping mall scene. It is a deserted shopping mall, because there is nothing in the stores and only one Loretta LoRez is in there. laugh That seems to be the trend with real shopping malls, it seems.

No, I didn't notice the seam until you mentioned it. Wonder what's up with that? 

And yes, deserted malls are a real trend, good setting for zombies I think.

edited May 2017

double post

edited May 2017

FirstBastion's Suburban Shopping Mall 360 image here. (Oops I called it Urban instead of Suburban.) I rendered this one at 8192 by 4096 for 4 hours on a 980ti. This nice model was released before Iray, so I made some surface changes. I also mirrored it with an instance to close the open end. I converted a lot of surfaces to Iray Glass and emissive light surfaces. All that took a toll on rendering time!

Urban Shopping Mall.JPG
    1315 x 1376 - 774K
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited May 2017

Well that was fun, and took 2h30m to render to 50% convergence on my little GTX 1060.  All of the light in the scene is being generated by the set. (and don't mind the repeating screen textures, those are placeholders)
    Here is my Star Trek IV Enterprise bridge without the chairs in place.  I think at 4096x2048 it still looks too low resolution in the viewer, but that may be because I am using my 4K tv as a monitor.

ST IV Bridge 360.jpg
    4096 x 2048 - 6M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on

@JamesJAB I feel your pain! I decided I had to go to 8192 by 4096 to get good detail on a full screen 4K display. That takes a long time to render. I didn't let mine go to 100% either.