Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Lazy Afternoon -  Wanted to try out the VWD Cloth plug in again.  Check out the hair and dress.  

So beautiful!!!! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

Lazy Afternoon -  Wanted to try out the VWD Cloth plug in again.  Check out the hair and dress.  

So beautiful!

Thank you!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Finally, the grass loaded lol!

I need to stop visiting your thread it always adds to my wish list. Is this the forest grass? I got to make sure I'm putting the right thing in my list... lol

@deathbycannon this is the set Grassy Grounds Megapack.   Lots of options with this one.  And you should see my wishlist lol.

edited May 2017

Another conversion v4 to Genesis.  I will move it up to G2F and G3f as well.  Warrioress by EXnem'

Edited to add that I used @KindredArts Ghost Lights 2 on this one, the inverted dome to highlight the top edges of her body and suit. 

WARRIORESS .png
    988 x 790 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

It would be a waste to let perfectly usable items gatehr dust when youcan convert them for later generations :) Nice job on the armor there!

mori_mann said:

It would be a waste to let perfectly usable items gatehr dust when youcan convert them for later generations :) Nice job on the armor

Thanks!  It would most certainly be a shame lol.  Lots of very inexpensive, beautiful clothing for the older generations that look pretty good out of the box converted, and of course, one can always use shaders or re texture.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Love seeing all of the conversions.  I'm just now getting caught up on your thread.  You've been busy.  I like the render with the warhound in it.  I completely forgot I even had that until I went looking it up.  He looks pretty good in your render.  I'm starting to convert a lot of my older stuff, too.  I still have a lot of RDNA stuff that I need to move up so I can use it on G2 and G3.

• SerumSerum Posts: 256

Another conversion v4 to Genesis.  I will move it up to G2F and G3f as well.  Warrioress by EXnem'

Edited to add that I used @KindredArts Ghost Lights 2 on this one, the inverted dome to highlight the top edges of her body and suit. 

Like it! :)

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Wow ! great job ! phenomenal warrioress render.yes 

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Great work on the conversion and the render is really nice there!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

yes  Warrioress is looking great!

Thanks everyone!  I'm enjoying the process and a lot of times a render will just come to mind as I am going through items. 

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Thanks everyone!  I'm enjoying the process and a lot of times a render will just come to mind as I am going through items. 

That's how I come up with 85% of my renders.  Usually I just browse my environments until something jumps out at me, and then build from there.  A few, like my new "The Forgotten" series I'll have an end point in mind when I get started, but I think most of my best work has come from "hey, this looks neat"

dragotx said:

That's how I come up with 85% of my renders.  Usually I just browse my environments until something jumps out at me, and then build from there.  A few, like my new "The Forgotten" series I'll have an end point in mind when I get started, but I think most of my best work has come from "hey, this looks neat"

Mine too lol!  Its always an adventure for sure!  Even when I have a certain idea in mind, there is no guaranteeing that that's where I am going to end up lol.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    dragotx said:

Mine too lol!  Its always an adventure for sure!  Even when I have a certain idea in mind, there is no guaranteeing that that's where I am going to end up lol.

I know, right?  I've lost count of how many times I've started something only to have it wind up completely different by the time I'm done.  Including changing genres completely

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Nice job on the conversion!

dragotx said:
    dragotx said:

I know, right?  I've lost count of how many times I've started something only to have it wind up completely different by the time I'm done.  Including changing genres completely

Yes!  I've had medieval scenes turn into sci fi with no warning lol.

And thanks TJ!  I'm having a blast redoing them all!

edited May 2017

This is the Elfin outfit for v4.  Having an issue with the handles showing in the render.  The opacity is set to 0 on the handles and they do not show in the preview scene, however, they do show in the render.  I can't find anyway to turn them off.   Any ideas?  Makes this outfit totally useless if I can't get rid of the handles.  I don't mind post work but this is something I should not have to post work and I'm not going to do it. ----  I tracked it down, you have to go into the scene list and drill down to the list under each skirt and turn the eye off as well.  Interesting, I've never had to do that before.

Handles showing test..png
    1483 x 2400 - 7M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,021

That was one of the reasons why I used to participate in RRRR (random runtime...).  May have to get back to that.  For me, it helped include some humor as I was trying to learn the basics of C8.5.  Might be a good way to come up with projects now that I am trying to learn the interface for Studio.

Thanks for the tip on the handles.  I'm sure it will come up.

dragotx said:

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

That is one fierce looking character there!  

That is one fierce looking character there!  

Thanks!  She is from the other place.  I believe its Rainsong for the base and the elf add on for the skin etc.  Both base and add on are currently $3.50 so $7 to for the dark elf.  Lots of make up etc for both versions.  For V4 though.

Diomede said:

That was one of the reasons why I used to participate in RRRR (random runtime...).  May have to get back to that.  For me, it helped include some humor as I was trying to learn the basics of C8.5.  Might be a good way to come up with projects now that I am trying to learn the interface for Studio.

Thanks for the tip on the handles.  I'm sure it will come up.

dragotx said:

I've considered it but I have no idea how to get a truly random list.  People have spelled it out for me but I can't seem to wrap my head around the logistics of it given the amount of stuff I have lol.  Right now, I'm contemplating tomatoes.  Am going to try and make a tomato in carrara tomorrow hopefully lol...

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

I have enough trouble finding my Daz content at the mo so I'm not adding from other sites.  Once I categorize my quickly growing Daz content and learn how to do that (I've kept links to your prior advice on that), maybe then I'll be ready to brave bringing in other content too.  

I have enough trouble finding my Daz content at the mo so I'm not adding from other sites.  Once I categorize my quickly growing Daz content and learn how to do that (I've kept links to your prior advice on that), maybe then I'll be ready to brave bringing in other content too.  

If you have any questions feel free to ask as well, organizing content is one of my favorite things lol.

edited May 2017

A quick render of Serum3d's female droid.  LOVING this although not terribly happy with the pose (not the bots fault lol,)

Cyborg.png
    988 x 790 - 1M
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    Szark said:

My first attempt with the new Skinbuilder for G3F.  I used Sim Teneros Randomizer for the character and the skin builder for the skin.  I can't say enough good things about this product (actually, both products).  It exceeded my expectations and they were already high given my experience with the version for Genesis and Gen2F.  Sadly, I did not read the manual before making this skin so didn't save it.  I did save the character so hopefully the skin is intact.

this is an awesome peice, great light, great surfaces and great to see realistic expression. 

if you still have her in your saved files you should add her to the female centaur base which I'm sure you got think that'll look really cool with either blue/black horse or the white pale one

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I thought that bot was kinda corny with the bolts at the seams. You made it look cool. I did fantasize of making the chest orb Ironman sized though.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

A quick render of Serum3d's female droid.  LOVING this although not terribly happy with the pose (not the bots fault lol,)

Well, after all, it is a bot. How comfortable can that be?  devil    Love the blue overtones, nicely done!

Szark said:

My first attempt with the new Skinbuilder for G3F.  I used Sim Teneros Randomizer for the character and the skin builder for the skin.  I can't say enough good things about this product (actually, both products).  It exceeded my expectations and they were already high given my experience with the version for Genesis and Gen2F.  Sadly, I did not read the manual before making this skin so didn't save it.  I did save the character so hopefully the skin is intact.

this is an awesome peice, great light, great surfaces and great to see realistic expression. 

if you still have her in your saved files you should add her to the female centaur base which I'm sure you got think that'll look really cool with either blue/black horse or the white pale one

She would look very cool as a centaur I agree!

avxp said:

I thought that bot was kinda corny with the bolts at the seams. You made it look cool. I did fantasize of making the chest orb Ironman sized though.

Novica said:

Well, after all, it is a bot. How comfortable can that be?  devil    Love the blue overtones, nicely done!

Thank you!  I think he did a great job with these.  The blue overtones are coming from @KindredArts Ghost Lights.  The originals this time.  One above and one slightly to the right.

This discussion has been closed.