It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    My V4 is sitting in F:/Users/AtticAnne/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ. Windows 7 doesn't want content files in the C:/Program Files. "F" is a My Passport that I use.

No, that's the support folder. Jaderail, are they trying to find the figure or the DS mats?
    I'm trying to find the actual figure for V4. In a DS4 only install. The person I'm helping says they can not find V4 just the mat files.
    I do not know if it is the same path in DS4 as in my DS3. I told them to look in Content Library>Daz Studio Formats>My Libary>People.
    Will it be in Content Library>Poser Formats>? I'm unsure because of the way my content is installed.

P.S. Nice to see everyone. And I'm back later. Just got off the Machine so I feel crappy.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

If its installed properly into DS4 it should be in DAZ Studio formats

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Thanks, thats what I thought. I'll have them reinstall the base V4 and see if it shows up. If not, I think they need a download reset.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,733
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:

Thanks, thats what I thought. I'll have them reinstall the base V4 and see if it shows up. If not, I think they need a download reset.

I suspect they installed just the DS files, not the main files in the PDC installer.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:

I suspect they installed just the DS files, not the main files in the PDC installer.
    Can't get the staff, eh? ;)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:

With users like this one I sometimes wish I was not such a nice fellow. They all seem to want to do things thier own way even when you tell them it will not work.

I'm so happy that I have the info I need, and more importantly I'm happy to see BARRY back in the fold. We have a Superhero Render thread in Art Studio BBS if you do a supersuit you want to show off. I got my butt kicked, but it's not a contest just people playing with it and doing renders.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:

With users like this one I sometimes wish I was not such a nice fellow. They all seem to want to do things thier own way even when you tell them it will not work.

I'm so happy that I have the info I need, and more importantly I'm happy to see BARRY back in the fold. We have a Superhero Render thread in Art Studio BBS if you do a supersuit you want to show off. I got my butt kicked, but it's not a contest just people playing with it and doing renders.
    Interesting idea, I've never done a superhero render. Ideas are coming! But they're dark! Very dark! Might have to lighten some up if I'm to bring them to a public eye!
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I've only ever done 1 superhero render, but I don't think Jeff would want it in his thread, so I shall post it here.

It's called "Slow Down, You Move Too Fast" and was inspired by the "59th Bridge Street" song.

At the time I di a whole series of "plates" but can only find 2 of them now.

slow_down_you_move_too_fast._.jpg
    775 x 775 - 316K
    edited December 1969

Pam my dear your welcome in any thread I do, it's not my Thread I'm yakking about. In the Art Studio we have a Supersuit thread, everyone is welcome. Super Persons just in case you wish to look or come play.

I figured out why my New user has no V4. The installers looked different, he thought they were Mac files. He never installed the Poser files. I told him install ALL of those files in my first message. Why do people not listen?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Pam my dear your welcome in any thread I do, it's not my Thread I'm yakking about. In the Art Studio we have a Supersuit thread, everyone is welcome. Super Persons just in case you wish to look or come play.

I figured out why my New user has no V4. The installers looked different, he thought they were Mac files. He never installed the Poser files. I told him install ALL of those files in my first message. Why do people not listen?

If I could answer that one, I'd probably be living with two wonderfully attentive kids! But no, I can't!

Pam, that plate is fantastic, really well done :D

I am considering spending some of my ill-gotten credit card on 3D stuff, but haven't decided what, yet. I am leaning towards some modules for Vue, but there's the chance I might get Carrara 8.5, I'm not sure yet. Or I might buy some new jeans!

edited June 2012

Ermmmmmm... Last time I looked, my wishlist had about 40 items in it, now it seems to have 264, go on, own up, who's been sneaking things into my wishlist while I was ill?

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

Ermmmmmm... Last time I looked, my wishlist had about 40 items in it, now it seems to have 264, go on, own up, who's been sneaking things into my wishlist while I was ill?

Barry it's just kidding you, if you click on it then you will see it go back to just showing you what ever you put in it yourself.

It's the Daz_Gremlin trying to get you to buy more products :roll:
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

I am pissed off. No scratch that, I am beyond pissed off. I could murder someone right now. I used to have a Paypal account long ago. So I figured I would re-activate it to make life on the web a little bit more simple. So they ask for proof that I'm me and that I live where I say I live. No problem. Until I get a mail from them, not asking, but demanding that I explain why someone in Iran tried to access my account. Huh? That was not the clincher though. They then demanded that I somehow present proof that I have no dealings with people in Iran. Are you f**king kidding me?! So I send them a reply of which the short version is basically, close my account and go f**k yourselves you insulting bastards.

I'm still pissed off though. How do I make these idiots pay?

edited December 1969

Hmm, not very good customer service is it. The trouble is the US givt has "issues" with Iran so they get a wee bit peeved about anything to do with them it seems, and of course PyaPal is a US based concern, so obviously parroting the govt line instead of thinking for themselves.

I mean you don't live in the US, you live closer to Iran than some do, so maybe you are a terrorist or something.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Barry it's just kidding you, if you click on it then you will see it go back to just showing you what ever you put in it yourself.

Ermmmmmm, ok, I just followed a link in one of my other threads. The link was to the V4 and M4 shapes, and it quite clearly has someone else's name in the top right corner. I don't want to give the name obviously, for privacy reasons, but it was a bit worrying.

When I click on My Account it seems to remember who I really am, thank God, but it's still very upsetting thinking that there's even the remotest possibility that accounts are being shown to other members, just in case there's a 0.001% chance someone else can access my details.

How often does this one happen?

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Ermmmmmm, ok, I just followed a link in one of my other threads. The link was to the V4 and M4 shapes, and it quite clearly has someone else's name in the top right corner. I don't want to give the name obviously, for privacy reasons, but it was a bit worrying.

When I click on My Account it seems to remember who I really am, thank God, but it's still very upsetting thinking that there's even the remotest possibility that accounts are being shown to other members, just in case there's a 0.001% chance someone else can access my details.

How often does this one happen?

It happens every day for me. I'm developing an identity crisis! Lol. :lol:

But no, you don't have to worry. It's just a caching error. All they will ever see is your name which we all know is Barry anyway. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Quite lots of times, it even has it's own thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1557/

No Security issue, it's a cache probelm, not a catching problem.

edited December 1969

Well, if you ever come across one called Barry Tune, treat it gently!

edited December 1969

I'm one of the lucky folks who's wish list has been FUBAR from day one. I can not get into it, I can not use any of the tips to fix it, all I ever get is one Error or another everytime. Sometimes I have 12 items sometimes hundreads. It changes every time I login. Right now it says empty and errors out if I try it.

I was happy to see Barry visit the Super thread, see just for fun no pressure.

edited December 1969

I lmost emptied my wish list before site change, as I had quite a bit of coupons to get rid of, and wasn't certain I was going to trust the site changeover transferring it all. It did transfer fine actually, but I did it anyway. only have 4 items left in it I think and they are all PA items.

edited December 1969

I just checked again, HaHahaha I now have 700+ items in it. My name and everything is right. Then I check the store it changed to 12 ect.. ect..

edited December 1969

I seem to have lost my new user. When I told them the Poser files have to be installed to use V4 I never got another PM. Oh well.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

damned updates, first adobe flash, now Windows, I cannot get ANYTHING done!

edited December 1969

Oh I am so with you on updates. I have windows updates set to install on shut down, and thus just before I go to bed. THey are sporadic as to when they arrive nowadays because I am still using XP. Last night it told me I had 8 updates waiting. yuk

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh I am so with you on updates. I have windows updates set to install on shut down, and thus just before I go to bed. THey are sporadic as to when they arrive nowadays because I am still using XP. Last night it told me I had 8 updates waiting. yuk

Yeah I've got updates waiting on my Windows 7. It used to come every second Tuesday of the month. Now it comes whenever they damn well feel like sending!
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I installed 26 Windows 7 updates before shutting down last night.

edited June 2012

26 makes my 8 look silly. How long did that take ?

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

All the Windows updates are annoying. I really hate when they install themselves and restart me computer. Even though I don't have that option turned on. I have it set to download and don't install.

edited December 1969

Apparently these latest one were to patch a crucial security issue with IE. I don't even use IE.

edited December 1969

I still have mine sitting here ready to install. I don't use IE so it's kinda a waste of time.

This discussion has been closed.