SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Love, love, love this! The action and the point of view are fantastic! 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Thanks! Although ultimately the Centaur disappointed me, I liked that image and how it turned out!

edited May 2017

This is one thing I think is cool. HP Prototype YC-7 for Genesis 3 Male body armor can be applied separately. It makes a nice alien armor. The Anatomical Elements area is a problem because there is a seam down there which can come apart depending on the shape of your character and the pose. I used a bikini with a metallic shader but I think it turned out well. This also gave me the opportunity to play with the Fantasy Skins again- the cornrows are a new release from Rendo. I think they are pretty cool.

final.jpg
    1600 x 1400 - 1M
    final2.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I'm just getting caught up in your thread after being off doing other things and it looks like I'll have to visit the gallery because I obviously missed seeing some really stellar images over the past month!  I love the second centaur image as well.  Really impressive.  I also really liked the image of Boyd? with the sniper rifle.  Wow, such a difference the postwork makes.  And, even though I don't do zombies, I like the one with Owen? and the zombies.  I'm still struggling to keep the two straight, but I think I managed to get them right. You can correct me if I got them mixed up.

Nice work overall.  I love your art.

edited May 2017

Thanks for the nice comments!

Boyd is the blonde one. It may be easier to remember that way. =-) His name came about sadly, because I didn't yet have a name for him. I called him Boyfriend for short and Boyd for even shorter and then the name kind of stuck. Boyd Michaels is his full name.  Owen is the pale one with short brown hair. 

boyd-Michaels.jpg
    1124 x 1600 - 1M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Thanks for the nice comments!

Boyd is the blonde one. It may be easier to remember that way. =-) His name came about sadly, because I didn't yet have a name for him. I called him Boyfriend for short and Boyd for even shorter and then the name kind of stuck. Boyd Michaels is his full name.  Owen is the pale one with short brown hair. 

Dang! Which means I messed them up!  I'll get them straight one of these days.  That's a nice image of Boyd.  I love the casual look with the bots in the background.  :)

Yeah, I did that image a while ago, but didn't upload it for some reason, although I really like the flow of that jacket once I took a look at it again. Maybe I'll stick it in the gallery.  If there is a bot around, chances are Boyd is also around as he can control them much like we control our arms and legs. 

• FabeFabe Posts: 212

Yeah, I did that image a while ago, but didn't upload it for some reason, although I really like the flow of that jacket once I took a look at it again. Maybe I'll stick it in the gallery.  If there is a bot around, chances are Boyd is also around as he can control them much like we control our arms and legs. 

So Boyd Is a Rigger?

edited May 2017

I'm not familiar with the term I'm afraid. =-)

Boyd's abilities to control tech have to do with him being body liberated for about 20 years. He was the product of genetic engineering, and he developed a rare genetic flaw which left him in crippling pain. His parents saved his life by tanking him, which meant removing most of the body and leaving his essentials connected to machines and wires in a high tech facility. Boyd thrived in that environment being at heart a tech geek becoming highly educated, and learning lots of neat skills, mostly regarding robotics, but he longed to be human, so he orders a body (sans brain)  to replace the flawed one he had before. Unfortunately the body is commandeered by a wealthy us senator.

Boyd has a whole bank of chips in his head which let him connet to the VR network, and control computers, When he gets a body, Boyd has reduced ability to control tech when not jacked in... 

edited May 2017

Here, working on the Power Fight scene. I will have to go in and ad some reflections to the water but it is getting late

powerfightfinal.jpg
    2500 x 1944 - 4M
  • FabeFabe Posts: 212

I'm not familiar with the term I'm afraid. =-)

Boyd's abilities to control tech have to do with him being body liberated for about 20 years. He was the product of genetic engineering, and he developed a rare genetic flaw which left him in crippling pain. His parents saved his life by tanking him, which meant removing most of the body and leaving his essentials connected to machines and wires in a high tech facility. Boyd thrived in that environment being at heart a tech geek becoming highly educated, and learning lots of neat skills, mostly regarding robotics, but he longed to be human, so he orders a body (sans brain)  to replace the flawed one he had before. Unfortunately the body is commandeered by a wealthy us senator.

Boyd has a whole bank of chips in his head which let him connet to the VR network, and control computers, When he gets a body, Boyd has reduced ability to control tech when not jacked in... 

A Rigger is a charater type from the Shadowrun RPG who have a cyberntic implant called a control rig whitch lets them 'jump' into vehicles and drones and control them as if they were the riggers own body.

edited May 2017

Interesting. Thanks for telling about that

edited May 2017

Boyd and Owen at the beach making waves as usual. In order to get the dogtag to look right I had to parent it to a null so it swung naturally. The cast was for m4. That was the best I could do with it.

IMG_1597.JPG
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Ingenious idea with the dogtags - for a minute I thought you'd found ones that worked laugh Great render.

Yes! I've found I can get some parentable props to behave naturally if I parent them to a null and move them around, such as glasses, undoffed helmets and hats. The issue is, that even when doing that, you have lots of difficulties with them having very wide pose controls. But it is better than nothing. At least I can get the chains to behave naturally instead of clingy to the neck.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

nice thread

Aww thanks! =-)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

That's a great tip @serene night. Thanks, I will definitely keep it in mind and try it out when the need arises. 

edited May 2017

I picked up the men's wrestling singlet from CGBytes. Gosh I've wanted one for a while for genesis 3 male for sometime. I thought it looks pretty decent. Yeah, Poor Owen gets it in the face with a kick here.... But, I liked the pose. 

training-room.jpg
    1600 x 1400 - 2M
    Wrestler.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited May 2017

Something has been going on with my computer lately. Even with scene optimizer, my renders have slowed down to a crawl. I think it is either a windows or a nvidia update. At any rate. This was my final version of this scene-draft  but even though there was adequate lighting it just came out grainy and took hours. For no real reason except for perhaps the emissive floor light. I didn't like it well enough to continue messing around here. So you can enjoy the draft. I'll put this isn my WIP projects and try to figure out what the heck is going on later.

final-2.png
    1800 x 1400 - 7M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

The first fight scene came out perfect.  Both of them have great posing - the viewer can almost feel the impact.  

I haven't managed to get believable two person interactive poses going yet.  Baby steps lol

Glad you like it. Thanks for the nice comments and feedback. These are pose sets so I didn't design the poses personally. But I'm quite fond of action scenes and like illustrating them.

Glad you like it. Thanks for the nice comments and feedback. These are pose sets so I didn't design the poses personally. But I'm quite fond of action scenes and like illustrating them.

Ah you notice that your renders gave me a really ideal that would help renders, animators, and DAZ Studio developers all: and that is that for every surface in a render that is being calculated that DAZ Studio keeps a log of how much time it spent rendering that surface and also the amount of memory and other resources dedicated to creating the render of that surface.

Or is that something that DAZ Studio can already do? I'm not talking just a plain jane memory total for the scene, but a lot more that than broken down into resource usage buckets. Surely they must have that but I've never heard any mention of it.

I like that suggestion nonesuch00!  smiley  I  would like that. I honestly can't tell what is being a resource hog in certain scenes and it would be nice to know. It would be also great if pa's would include more mat zones. As textures get bigger, large, unweildy buildings without hideable walls really causes my system to lag. Yes I know I can do workarounds such as making a section plane and reducing the textures- but honestly, I find that fairly unweildy. It takes time away from making my scenes to spent time in iray preview mode and my machine really lags when I move stuff around.

I like that suggestion nonesuch00!  smiley  I  would like that. I honestly can't tell what is being a resource hog in certain scenes and it would be nice to know. It would be also great if pa's would include more mat zones. As textures get bigger, large, unweildy buildings without hideable walls really causes my system to lag. Yes I know I can do workarounds such as making a section plane and reducing the textures- but honestly, I find that fairly unweildy. It takes time away from making my scenes to spent time in iray preview mode and my machine really lags when I move stuff around.

Well I think your time is mostly being spent on the corrugated stainless steel reflectivity and it's emissiveness but it'd still be nice for those resource cumulator buckets to be added to DAZ Studio. 

@Nonesuch! Thank you for your input. I admit there are many things about iray I still have yet to learn. And in my desire to illustrate stuff, I may not know my own limitations and try to render more than my machine is suited for.

edited May 2017

Orbiting that giant purple planet, courtesy of IRAY Space HDRI's. 

Working with the HDRI's proved rather challenging. I don't know if there is a secret, but several of them rendered kind of pixely, not because of anything I did, but because of the texture as far as I can see.  This one didn't have enough stars. Fortunately that was an easy fix.

cargo2.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M

When I 1st started with IRay I was liking HRDIs but since have dropped them for their pictures but will use them for the light they are used generate.

Yes I don't tend to care for renders with real world photos in the background and seldom use them unless I strongly depth of field the  picture , so it isn't obvious. In this case I was excited about space hdris since many of my images are interiors on ships however I didn't find myself loving it as much as I thought. I was previously using the sun image and I felt the sun was far too close to the vessel the vessel would likely incinerate.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

I really like the contrast of coloring from the planet to the interior of the ship- one of my favorites of yours, I think, Serene.  Nicely done with this

This discussion has been closed.