February Freebie Challenge "What's Love Got To Do With It?"

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

I made a banner for this month. If you would like to use it in your signature, just copy this photo and put it on your harddrive somewhere.

I would love to use it, but I can't get my signature to post an image, so I will just post it here.

So...I can't get my avatar to post an image of any type....I can't get my signature to post an image of any type...I can't get my emotioncons to show an image of any type.....I'd say that completely takes me out of the picture. This new site software SUX BIG! Sure wish they would fix these enoying bugs, gets me all frustrated!

:angry:

February2013.jpg
    468 x 60 - 43K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well Avatars and banners is affecting all of us, so we do feel for you with that. Emoticons is different, as most of us are now seeing them although there was a problem a day or so ago. Was why I suggested you tried a hard refresh on a page to see if that made them automagically come back.

• celebicelebi Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

so anything i can do? :)

how is everyone?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Music, that might be a cache issue. Try clearing your cache and see what happens. Also, maybe it's that damn Cloud thingy they use. I am not impressed with that service.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Music, that might be a cache issue. Try clearing your cache and see what happens. Also, maybe it's that damn Cloud thingy they use. I am not impressed with that service.

Dana

Been there, done that, bought the T shirt!

:-)

edited December 1969

celebi said:
    so anything i can do? :)

how is everyone?

make us some cookies!...Chocolate chip and pecan sandies!

edited December 1969

and watch out for flying pies. Jeeperz is on a roll this moth.

garfield_pie_in_face.gif
    600 x 177 - 40K
    edited December 1969

To go with the cookies!!!

gotmilk_curley.jpg
    304 x 400 - 23K
  • celebicelebi Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

i always make cookies one day im going to make to many and everyone will turn into a cookie nooooooooooo :)

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Been awhile since I've done one of these! (First entry? Really?) It's a rather liberal interpretation of the theme, though. And it does require some explanation....

One of the more fascinating stories in Norse Mythology is Thrym the frost giant's theft of Mjolnir. Naturally, Loki figures the whole thing out while Thor is still wondering if he left his unstoppable warhammer in his other pair of pants, and discovers that Thrym will only give up the hammer if Freya, the goddess of love, will marry him. Freya is not keen, so Loki comes up with Plan B: send Thor to Thrym dressed as Freya, which is why you should never let Loki be in charge of coming up with Plan B unless you are a fan of a) humiliation or b) crossdressing. Thor isn't particularly, but he can't come up with anything better, so off he goes to Jötunheim in a dress and veil with Loki disguised as his handmaiden.

There are a few rough spots when they get to Jötunheim as questions arise about why the bride has just drunk three casks of mead and why the bride is glaring at everyone like she wants to smite them with a great bloody warhammer, but fortunately, Loki the Explainer can Explain Everything, and things progress smoothly to the point where Thrym places Mjolnir in his bride's hand. At which point Thor brings the house down around their ears and goes running back to Asgard as fast as his delicately-clad legs can carry him, with Loki following behind and, presumably, laughing his head off the whole way.

I don't know what sort of twisted mind thinks of this myth when presented with the theme "What's Love Got To Do With It?", but I always did feel sorry for Thrym. All he wanted was a pretty goddess, and instead he gets a fortune in repair bills....

Credits (I really haven't done this in a while, so forgive me if I mess up!)

Paid items: The Freak for Genesis, Dreamlight's Studio Lights Pack.

Freebies:

1) McGyver's Creepy Tunnel
    2) The Chapel by DM Productions
    3) Jansen skin from the Level Hype for Michael 4 set from LA3D (for Thor)
    4) Aenar skin (Loki) and Andorian skin (the frost giants), both from Mylochka
    5) RAMWorks's Morphs for Genesis (used on all four characters, I believe)
    6) 3DProclivity's Genesis Alien Heads (used for Loki)
    7) Daz3D's A3 Mitsu Hair, still free in the Anime Star Fighter Bundle (Thor)
    8) Elleque's EXP Hair with a texture from Moonfly (Loki)
    9) AprilYSH's Ciri Hair with textures from Destiny's Garden (Thrym)
    10) Mairy's Pregipessa Hair, again with textures by Moonfly (Thrym's mother)
    11) Wilmap's Genesis Greek Style Outfits, Parts One and Two (Loki, Thrym's mother, and Thor's sandles)
    12) Jan19's Gwyneth Dress with textures by EdenEvergreen (a mix of the Ballgown and Peasant textures) (Thor)
    13) CCox's Cavefolk Dress (Thrym)
    14) Ace Gunsolley's Mjolnir (Thor, obviously :D)
    15) Faerie Dreams Flower Wreath (7 rows down, middle item) (Thor)
    16) Optitex Dynamic Dance Ribbons (top row, 2nd item), retextured using R72's SimVelvet Shaders (Thor and Loki's veils)
    17) Flowers from Guderun's Garden Gazebo set (Thrym)
    18) Marieah's One Click M4 Brows (Loki)

Undeclared items:
    Genesis and the Journeyer boots, both free with DAZStudio
    The brazier is part of Tim Polmear's Aegypt Project, but Loki ended up mostly blocking it so I didn't feel right declaring it. :)

FoundLost.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 2M
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:
    Been awhile since I've done one of these! (First entry? Really?) It's a rather liberal interpretation of the theme, though. And it does require some explanation....

One of the more fascinating stories in Norse Mythology is Thrym the frost giant's theft of Mjolnir. Naturally, Loki figures the whole thing out while Thor is still wondering if he left his unstoppable warhammer in his other pair of pants, and discovers that Thrym will only give up the hammer if Freya, the goddess of love, will marry him. Freya is not keen, so Loki comes up with Plan B: send Thor to Thrym dressed as Freya, which is why you should never let Loki be in charge of coming up with Plan B unless you are a fan of a) humiliation or b) crossdressing. Thor isn't particularly, but he can't come up with anything better, so off he goes to Jötunheim in a dress and veil with Loki disguised as his handmaiden.

There are a few rough spots when they get to Jötunheim as questions arise about why the bride has just drunk three casks of mead and why the bride is glaring at everyone like she wants to smite them with a great bloody warhammer, but fortunately, Loki the Explainer can Explain Everything, and things progress smoothly to the point where Thrym places Mjolnir in his bride's hand. At which point Thor brings the house down around their ears and goes running back to Asgard as fast as his delicately-clad legs can carry him, with Loki following behind and, presumably, laughing his head off the whole way.

I don't know what sort of twisted mind thinks of this myth when presented with the theme "What's Love Got To Do With It?", but I always did feel sorry for Thrym. All he wanted was a pretty goddess, and instead he gets a fortune in repair bills....

Credits (I really haven't done this in a while, so forgive me if I mess up!)

Paid items: The Freak for Genesis, Dreamlight's Studio Lights Pack.

Freebies:

1) McGyver's Creepy Tunnel
    2) The Chapel by DM Productions
    3) Jansen skin from the Level Hype for Michael 4 set from LA3D (for Thor)
    4) Aenar skin (Loki) and Andorian skin (the frost giants), both from Mylochka
    5) RAMWorks's Morphs for Genesis (used on all four characters, I believe)
    6) 3DProclivity's Genesis Alien Heads (used for Loki)
    7) Daz3D's A3 Mitsu Hair, still free in the Anime Star Fighter Bundle (Thor)
    8) Elleque's EXP Hair with a texture from Moonfly (Loki)
    9) AprilYSH's Ciri Hair with textures from Destiny's Garden (Thrym)
    10) Mairy's Pregipessa Hair, again with textures by Moonfly (Thrym's mother)
    11) Wilmap's Genesis Greek Style Outfits, Parts One and Two (Loki, Thrym's mother, and Thor's sandles)
    12) Jan19's Gwyneth Dress with textures by EdenEvergreen (a mix of the Ballgown and Peasant textures) (Thor)
    13) CCox's Cavefolk Dress (Thrym)
    14) Ace Gunsolley's Mjolnir (Thor, obviously :D)
    15) Faerie Dreams Flower Wreath (7 rows down, middle item) (Thor)
    16) Optitex Dynamic Dance Ribbons (top row, 2nd item), retextured using R72's SimVelvet Shaders (Thor and Loki's veils)
    17) Flowers from Guderun's Garden Gazebo set (Thrym)
    18) Marieah's One Click M4 Brows (Loki)

Undeclared items:
    Genesis and the Journeyer boots, both free with DAZStudio
    The brazier is part of Tim Polmear's Aegypt Project, but Loki ended up mostly blocking it so I didn't feel right declaring it. :)

Very nice. I'm glad that someone used an alternate "love" and "it."

ENTRY ACCEPTED.

Kendall

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LOL! Now THAT! I never saw coming. I'm so happy I came back here to play. I love this stuff and all the stuff you folks do.

edited December 1969

katfeete said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=49718_Ou1XfRKJMuWmiDeK4Fmu&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very funny! Well done. I love the expression on Loki's face (that is Loki, right, on the left bent over?).

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Very funny and very well done! I'm familiar with the story as many years ago I did a children's book version of the story and had a grand time doing it. Unfortunately it never sold, but I gained a lot of experience adapting it and doing the illustrations. I wonder what ever happened to that thing? Probably in a box somewhere...

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

don't tell me I scared everyone off with my pies????
    *sets out some pies to eat instead*

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

No. I'm here... just avoiding the pies :)
    I've got an image in the works.

edited February 2013

|:| What's Love Got To Do With It |:|

Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?

Freebie Items Used:

1--* just last knight's alphabet

2--* marianne's supershine shader

3--* propschick's aditi hair

4--* love fairy outfit

5--* love fairy character

6-- leoni's blowing leaves prop

7-- evilinnocence's heart storm textures

8-- mud texture for ground

9--* barkowski's liquid objects used for blood tear

10--* marieh's aine irish moon goddess skin texture on face

11--* barkowski's shattered glass used for mud texture on skin

alex3d's twisted tree (link no longer valid)

12--* alex3d's bark texture

13--* rdna morphing rose

14-- kozaburo's allback style hair

15-- calida's winter land snow and ice lights

* free site registration required

also used Genesis and V4; rose petal textures came from image I no longer have; & background frame made using plane primitives

image created in ds4.5 pro, no postwork, signature in psp xi

loveIT.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 338K
    Post edited by zawarkal on
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=50033_FJ8XlH3lZrtnnigIICCq&thumb=1&board_id=1

Now this is different! Nice job!

Dana

edited December 1969

Thank you Dana!

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

Freebie Items Used:

4--* love fairy outfit

13--* rdna morphing rose

also used Genesis and V4; rose petal textures came from image I no longer have; & background frame made using plane primitives

A superb render. Nice take on the theme

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

"Whut's Luv Gotta Do Widdit?"

How da hell should I know. But, I ain't lookin' fer luv, if ya knows wadda mean?

1.) Moustache 19th from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

4.) The Fedora Registration Required.

5.) Drehen for Genesis Registration Requried.

6.) Cora-Lee for V4 Registration Required. Texture Only.

7.) August Hair Bottom of Page, 1st Item.

8.) Assorted Colors for August Hair Registration Required.

9.) MMknitOnePset06 for V4 3rd Row, 1st and 2nd Items (both Parts).

10) V4 Sunglasses Registration Required.

11.) Kirwyn BosTer2 dat @#%$! mutt Boston. 3rd Item from Top.

12.) Westie a'nudda @#%$! mutt....

13.) Easy Pose Rope Registration Required. Used as Leash. Retextured.

14.) Street Construction Set T Intersection Add On Registration Requied.

15.) Street Construction Set Street Lamps Add On Registration Required.

16.) Apartment Entry 1st Row, 4th Item. Untextured. Textures Applied in Bryce.

17.) Trash Can Obj. File. Texture Changed.

18.) Chrysler Le Baron .lwo Format. 3rd Row, 1st Item.

Figure set-up done in Daz Studio 4.5 using the base Genesis figure. Da Real Man's t-shirt and pants are from M4 clothing-M4 Casual Wear from DAZ.
    Paid For Items: M4 Basic Skin Texture, Hoodie from Tre for YT5 with a retexturing job and Da Real Man's clothing as noted above. Final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

Chrysler Le Baron Lightwave Model converted to .obj format for import into Studio using PoserRay, available at This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

Wass_Luv_Gotta_Do_Widdit.jpg
    709 x 628 - 427K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    don't tell me I scared everyone off with my pies????
    *sets out some pies to eat instead*

Busy at work... but I have set aside Saturday to hunt up freebies and do a render.
    edited December 1969

How da hell should I know. But, I ain't lookin' fer luv, if ya knows wadda mean?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=50085_s7i507ppAz1Gx5M1aBiD&thumb=1&board_id=1

Another great one! I love Boston's eyes, popping like that! :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

Freebie Items Used:

4--* love fairy outfit

13--* rdna morphing rose

ENTRY ACCEPTED.

Kendall

edited December 1969

2.) Mitch Hair

Figure set-up done in Daz Studio 4.5 using the base Genesis figure. Da Real Man's t-shirt and pants are from M4 clothing-M4 Casual Wear from DAZ.
    Paid For Items: M4 Basic Skin Texture, Hoodie from Tre for YT5 with a retexturing job and Da Real Man's clothing as noted above. Final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

Chrysler Le Baron Lightwave Model converted to .obj format for import into Studio using PoserRay, available at This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

ENTRY ACCEPTED.

Kendall

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Gallery's been updated. :)

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/

Nice entry, Mr. Ganthor! :) She certainly doesn't seem very thrilled about Da Real Man, does she?

That's a very unique render you've entered, Zawarkal! :O Very interesting!

I laughed a lot at yours, katfeete! I like it a lot! The story is quite interesting, and the render expresses the scene quite nicely. ;)

Alexa :-)

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

Freebie Items Used:

4--* love fairy outfit

13--* rdna morphing rose

Me likes! Good job.

edited December 1969

2.) Mitch Hair

LG...you so crazy!

edited February 2013

... NOTICE ...

I would like to make an announcement. As some of you know (some don't), I have what is called ETOs (Executive Team Officers) here in the challenge. Some have been with me from the get go, others have come and gone, mostly due to changes in their real lives. I now have four that I know are still here.

1) BWSman - second in command
    2) Jeeperz - in charge of fun and pie throwing...lol.
    3) Chohole - I think she is still an ETO, though she is our MOD for sure. She carries the ETO club!
    4) Celebi - When she can be here, she is in charge of cookies and fun.

All my ETOs have "POWER OF AUTHORITY". That means they are in charge at all times. What they say goes.

I would like to announce the addition of a new ETO teammate for the challenge. I gave this a lot of thought and I feel this person would be a great addition to the team. I have asked him and he has humbly accepted...lol. He has earned the right to an ETOs "power of authority" over the entire challenge with all the hard work and hours spent to help this challenge. What he says goes reguarding issues that arise on the moment. I stand behind all my ETOs decissions most all the time. If not, a review will be done by the team, and a decission reached. You have to be pretty sharp to get this title, and I think he deserves it.

So, with all that said, I would like to welcome Kendall Sears to the team. He will be the one to ask about issues in my absence, and/or any other ETOs absence. His decission will stand firm. I want to thank him for all he has done so far for the contest. A real straight up guy.

Thanks Kendall and welcome aboard....

**ok Jeeperz....throw a welcome pie!!!**

GoldenGavelAwardKendallSears.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 124K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

ooh can i throw a pie as well.

pie_in_the_face_july_18.JPG
    350 x 270 - 33K