February Freebie Challenge "What's Love Got To Do With It?"

1235789

Comments

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,210
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    I figured I would take a shot at it this month. Here is my entry.

    Title: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MOM!

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=50607_1YFSnOAnFpUNas60v1Tn&board_id=1

    And she's thinking, "The boy's just not right! But how can I be mad, he has chocolates!" %-P

    Dana

  • edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    GamerGrrl said:
    Blood Lust: Whats Love got to do with it?
    WOW! Nice one, it gives me virtigo to look too long.

    This render gives me the [email protected]#$*&' creeps...and I mean that in a good way.

    I'll take that as a complement.

    Honestly, it didn't start out as a vampire picture, it was supposed to be about one night stands and next thing I knew, VAMPIRES!

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,607
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:
    I figured I would take a shot at it this month. Here is my entry.

    Title: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MOM!

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=50607_1YFSnOAnFpUNas60v1Tn&board_id=1

    And she's thinking, "The boy's just not right! But how can I be mad, he has chocolates!" %-P

    Dana

    correct!

    :-)

  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    Kludge said:
    Jaderail said:
    WOW!! Hi Kludge, made my day to see you pop in.

    It's freakin' cold here - highs only in the mid 70s and lows in the bottom 60s. Wet too. Even the ocean's cold at around 72.

    Sorry, no sympathy from me...we're buried in snow! Power went out last night around 11:15 pm and didn't come back until around 8:30 am. Now I have to do some snow clearing.
    And now you know one reason I live where the only potential issues are hurricanes, earthquakes and, on the Big Island, volcanoes. :lol:
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

    GamerGrrl said:

    Honestly, it didn't start out as a vampire picture, it was supposed to be about one night stands and next thing I knew, VAMPIRES!

    Hmmm ... an encounter with a vampire could easily be a one night stand. Relationships with them tend to be rather short-lived. Literally.
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

    Kludge said:
    GamerGrrl said:

    Honestly, it didn't start out as a vampire picture, it was supposed to be about one night stands and next thing I knew, VAMPIRES!

    Hmmm ... an encounter with a vampire could easily be a one night stand. Relationships with them tend to be rather short-lived. Literally.

    That is, unless they turn you then it could be forever.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

    LOVE! All I can say. This thread is so much what I so love in life. Renders, People, FUN and people having fun. I'm so happy I came back even if it was just to LURK and enjoy.

    All of you make my day just that little bit better.

    @Music2u4u: So funny! @All I've missed. Thank YOU. Even if I miss saying so I'm Awed by what I see here. You folks rock!

    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

    Zawarkal said:
    Kludge said:
    GamerGrrl said:

    Honestly, it didn't start out as a vampire picture, it was supposed to be about one night stands and next thing I knew, VAMPIRES!

    Hmmm ... an encounter with a vampire could easily be a one night stand. Relationships with them tend to be rather short-lived. Literally.

    That is, unless they turn you then it could be forever.
    Dependent on who it is, that could definitely be pleasant.;-)
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited February 2013

    Jaderail said:
    LOVE! All I can say. This thread is so much what I so love in life. Renders, People, FUN and people having fun. I'm so happy I came back even if it was just to LURK and enjoy.
    You must do better than lurk. Must enter. Must hit "Make Art" button lots of times.
    All of you make my day just that little bit better.

    Whoa, that's scary. Especially with the vampire side discussion. :vampire:
    @Music2u4u: So funny! @All I've missed. Thank YOU. Even if I miss saying so I'm Awed by what I see here. You folks rock!
    They rock ... but some of us roll ... :lol:
    Post edited by Kludge on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,248
    edited February 2013

    Luci45 said:
    Thanks for da nice comments.

    Yeah, dis 's da real man's younga brudda. He's a good guy, takes cay a his wife 'n kids. Maybe has a drink once 'n a while, OK? Da wife says no mo kids, but I dunno... :)

    Naw, dat's me cousin-in-law. Da broad he's married to is my cousin. Dey lives up in New Rochelle where he's gotta plumin' business. I mean, look oudda dat winda', you don't find lawns like dat in my neighborhood! Hell, we don't even have lawns! Ahhh.. I don't sees much'a edder one o'dem no mores. I mean, he's a okay Joe 'n' all, but he likes t' brag about how much money he's makin' puttin' in terlets in all da rich peoples houses. Afta a while it gits t' be da same old t'ing an' he jus' don't shut up. Let 'em stay in New Rochelle wit alla'da rich folks, I says.

    Great render, by da way...


    :-) ;-P :roll:
    (Yeah, what d' ya know, I guess dat is Joe!)

    Thanks.

    Post edited by luci45 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,210
    edited December 1969

    Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kludge said:
    Jaderail said:
    WOW!! Hi Kludge, made my day to see you pop in.

    It's freakin' cold here - highs only in the mid 70s and lows in the bottom 60s. Wet too. Even the ocean's cold at around 72.

    Sorry, no sympathy from me...we're buried in snow! Power went out last night around 11:15 pm and didn't come back until around 8:30 am. Now I have to do some snow clearing.
    And now you know one reason I live where the only potential issues are hurricanes, earthquakes and, on the Big Island, volcanoes. :lol:

    Snow I can shovel...and did...and shoveled, and shoveled. I can't shovel an earthquake, and a volcanic flow would melt a shovel! :bug:

    Dana

  • mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited February 2013

    Finally my entry for the contest.

    The Glimpse

    Is it only physical attraction or love at first sight?
    Well? Does this matter?

    It's physical
    Only Logical
    [...]
    When you are close to me
    If I tend to look daz3d
    [...]
    But whatever the reason
    You do it for me

    Paid
    1) Victoria 5 (http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-5)
    2) Garden Pavilion (http://www.daz3d.com/garden-pavilion) [do not know if it should belong here since I got it as a DAZ Freebie]
    3) Reality 2

    Free
    1) Kids 4 Basicwear (included in DAZ Studio 4.5)
    2) SOTO Flat Top (http://www.sharecg.com/v/67275/view/21/DAZ-Studio/SOTOs-Flat-Top-for-Genesis) [Registration Required]
    3) Genesis Lacy Female Underwear (http://www.sharecg.com/v/66881/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Lacy-Female-Underwear) [Registration Required]
    4) V4 Lacewear (http://www.sharecg.com/v/43493/related/11/Poser/V4-Lacewear) [Registration Required]
    5) Valen's Hair V4 (http://www.sharecg.com/v/36166/) [Registration Required]
    6) Valens Hair Expansion by RAMWorks FunkyWild (http://www.sharecg.com/v/36212/Poser/Valens-Hair-Expansion-by-RAMWorks-FunkyWild) [Registration Required]
    7) Girl's Club by LA3D (http://www.sharecg.com/v/59732/View/11/Poser/Girls_Club-For-Victoria4) [Registration Required]
    9) Magus Leggins (included in DAZ Studio 4.5)
    10) Railing01 (http://www.sharecg.com/v/66987/view/11/Poser/Railing01) [Registration Required]
    11) Texture for the Ground(http://freestocktextures.com/texture/id/369)
    12) Ground Normal Map made by me

    Of course Genesis is Used.

    Hope that everything is correct and that you like it :)

    Mattias

    EDIT: Fixed link for point 6.

    whatslove.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by mattiascibien on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,210
    edited December 1969

    gravity0 said:
    Finally my entry for the contest.

    The Glimpse

    Is it only physical attraction or love at first sight?
    Well? Does this matter?

    It's physical
    Only Logical
    [...]
    When you are close to me
    If I tend to look daz3d
    [...]
    But whatever the reason
    You do it for me


    Mattias
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=50889_0dlYJ3feCjN7NB5hdUTr&thumb=1&board_id=1

    Well done. Love the adopted lyric.

    Dana

  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

    What's Love Got To Do With It?

    Sometimes, we create love where there is no love at all.

    1.) Lydia for V4 Download Link at Bottom of Page on Right. Figure Texture Only.

    2.) BandageMania V4 Registration Required.

    3.) SciFi Horror Lab Extension Registration Required.

    4.) Human Brain Registration Required. (Inside the Morgue Item)

    5.) Morgue Item A

    6.) The Monster and Frankenstein's Lab Registration Required. Pieces of Lab Equipment.

    7.) 18th Century Suit Registration Required.

    8.) Zip1 for Varsels 18th Century Suit Textures. Registration Required.

    9.) 18th Century Wig Registration Required.

    10.) Torch 3DS Format. 38th Row, 3rd Item. Untextured Item. Textures added in Bryce.

    11.) Dungeon Door 3rd Row, 4th Item. Untextured. Textures added in Bryce, (some textures taken from the Frankenstein Lab, given above).

    Figure set-up in Studio 4.5 using the Genesis figure. Final render in Bryce 7. Male skin texture is the default skin for Michael 4. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

    3DS models converted to .obj format for import into Studio (or Bryce) using PoserRay, available at This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

    Since we've got vampires, I figured...

    THE_BRIDE.jpg
    690 x 625 - 343K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,210
    edited December 1969

    What's Love Got To Do With It?

    Sometimes, we create love where there is no love at all.

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=51052_5kdIspVn0cdVShKTWMOW&thumb=1&board_id=1

    Cool! And I see some new freebie sites in there!

    Dana

  • mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    gravity0 said:
    Finally my entry for the contest.

    The Glimpse

    Is it only physical attraction or love at first sight?
    Well? Does this matter?

    It's physical
    Only Logical
    [...]
    When you are close to me
    If I tend to look daz3d
    [...]
    But whatever the reason
    You do it for me


    Mattias
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=50889_0dlYJ3feCjN7NB5hdUTr&thumb=1&board_id=1

    Well done. Love the adopted lyric.

    Dana

    Thank you :)

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Knock Knock!! Anybody home? Looks around... Nope, Okay I'll check back later.

  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

    Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,248
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Knock Knock!! Anybody home? Looks around... Nope, Okay I'll check back later.

    Hi Jaderail. Happy Valentine’s Day! :-)

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,210
    edited December 1969

    Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

    Dana

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,581
    edited February 2013

    Yeah, happy Valentines day. My Avatar character is getting ready to celebrate.

    Youre_still_the_one_new_mono.jpg
    724 x 950 - 379K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

    Oh funny. Now your going to have to change your avatar. lol - I'll never be able to look at you as the so stern hall monitor again.

  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited February 2013

    Jaderail said:
    Knock Knock!! Anybody home? Looks around... Nope, Okay I'll check back later.

    The curse of still being employed - I can't render as often as I'd wish to. (And I've been backing up my Runtime all week. There's a reason the free backup tools are free... but it's finally done.) And, really, my idea wasn't appropriate for posting on Valentine's Day.

    (For those who have a sweetheart, hope your 14th was a good one! For those who don't but want to find one, hope your search is doing well... and for folks like me, it was Thursday. :-) )

    I've got almost everything I need for my render now. I just need to double-check that a few items are still available, download one of them, make a custom texture for another, and put everything together... but today, I have to go to work.

    Post edited by robkelk on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,993
    edited December 1969

    Hey ho Freebie Pals....

    Sorry for being a bit on the absentee side for the last few days, however, I come with tidings:

    Alex and I will be releasing a FREE "Look at my Hair" player in a short while. With the presets on our site http://www.furrythings.com this will open up another resource for those wanting to add to their scenes.

    Kendall

  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

    what is a player?

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 54,145
    edited December 1969

    Zawarkal said:
    what is a player?

    A player lets you use things set up by others, but not to set up your own things - a bit like the difference between the basic and control versions of the Optitex dynamic clothing, though LaMH full is more full than the Dynamic Clothing Control of course.

  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,993
    edited December 1969

    Zawarkal said:
    what is a player?

    A player lets you use things set up by others, but not to set up your own things - a bit like the difference between the basic and control versions of the Optitex dynamic clothing, though LaMH full is more full than the Dynamic Clothing Control of course.

    Richard is exactly right.

    Kendall

  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

    Zawarkal said:
    what is a player?

    A player lets you use things set up by others, but not to set up your own things - a bit like the difference between the basic and control versions of the Optitex dynamic clothing, though LaMH full is more full than the Dynamic Clothing Control of course.

    okay, now I'm more confused - can't use the reference to dynamic clothing as I have yet to try working with that feature

    is this like someone creating a preset where you can use a morph included with the preset but the morph is not available for you to use to create a new character - if this is even true of presets ???

  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,993
    edited December 1969

    Zawarkal said:
    Zawarkal said:
    what is a player?

    A player lets you use things set up by others, but not to set up your own things - a bit like the difference between the basic and control versions of the Optitex dynamic clothing, though LaMH full is more full than the Dynamic Clothing Control of course.

    okay, now I'm more confused - can't use the reference to dynamic clothing as I have yet to try working with that feature

    is this like someone creating a preset where you can use a morph included with the preset but the morph is not available for you to use to create a new character - if this is even true of presets ???

    It works like this:

    SOmeone with the full version of LAMH creates a whizbang hair and saves it as a preset.

    A person using the player can apply that preset to a character in a scene, but cannot change but a small selection of settings. Effectively, making the LAMH hair act like a standard Prop Hair.

    A person with the full LAMH, can modify and style the preset to make it fit how they want.

    Kendall

  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

    oh okay that sounds great. so does that mean we will start seeing these presets for sale as well?

Sign In or Register to comment.