February Freebie Challenge "What's Love Got To Do With It?"

Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
edited March 2013 in Freebies

This month's theme is a different take on the stereotypical February challenge. This month is “What's Love Got To Do With It?”

Describe in your render what you think love has to do with “it”.

You may use this song, and/or the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGpFcHTxjZs

for inspiration, or whatever floats your boat.

The prizes for this month so far are those announced from DAZ as well as:

1st place winner will get a copy of Kendall's and Alessandro's “Look at My Hair” Daz Studio 4 Plugin
Jaderail's Generous sponsorship
And Music's Donation.

Other prizes as we know them.

Normal rules apply.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/

EDIT: Alessandro has decided to help host and judge the contest this month!

WINNERS:

1) Vivayo -- Spartan LoveCan love survive to war ?
2) DorseyLand -- LEFT A GOOD JOB IN THE CITY
3) Luci45 -- What's Love Got To Do With It?
HM) Music2u4u - HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MOM!
HM) katfeete - Mjolnir

Post edited by Kendall Sears on

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

I will be making something to donate also Kendall. Not sure what yet, but now that I have a theme, I will think of something.

Also....I have an announcement to make. I was asked to hold this and announce it in the February intro so here goes:

For the month of April, our very own Lord Ganthor AND our very own Dorseyland will pair up to host the month. That's right!!!

I have been trying to get each one of these nuts to host a month for years. With the two of them, God only knows what to expect. I also heard that "DAT REAL MAN" will be helping them host. It should be a riot! I think That even I will enter that month, and surely will be making something to donate. This is for real....not an April fools. Just a heads up for all of you, so be warned, they will come and they will host.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oh Boy, that sounds like a month or real April Foolery to be sure.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

It's got to be an early April Fool's Joke by music.

It is an April Fool joke..... isn't it?

Please.....! Pretty Please.......!

OH G*D.... We're all gonna die!!!!

:-P :-) :lol:

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

You think you've got it bad? I have to follow that act! :bug:

:P

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Well that will be interesting.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

I hope everyone gets a soda/coffee/tee shield for their monitors in time for April! :lol:

Dana

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This month's theme is a different take on the stereotypical February challenge. This month is “What's Love Got To Do With It?”

1st place winner will get a copy of Kendall's and Alessandro's “Look at My Hair” Daz Studio 4 Plugin

Normal rules apply.

Of course your realize that "it" referred to in the song is against TOS and renders of "it'" can't be posted. :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay I guess the Word has not Been spread around to all of you yet. Until futher notice I Jaderail will be Sponsoring the Free Challenge every month at this level. $20 GC for first Place $15 GC for Second and $10 GC for third place.

Now Shut up and take my MONEY! Really, I see being a Sponsor for a very long time. I will try to remember to let each Host know this before the contest is posted.

edited December 1969

OH My!

Sorry Jade, that just slipped out. %-P

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    chohole said:

It's got to be an early April Fool's Joke by music.

It is an April Fool joke..... isn't it?

Please.....! Pretty Please.......!

Oh, it's real all right. No April Fool's Joke, no red herrings or misleading plot twists. It's gonna happen...We (Dorsey and myself) aren't going to tell you what the theme is, but I assure you, it will have nothing to do with April Fools, tricks or anything like that. Just expect it to be very real...

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Normal rules apply.

Of course your realize that "it" referred to in the song is against TOS and renders of "it'" can't be posted. :-)

Yes, but we're going to "assume" :-) the "it" is a general "G-rated it."

Kendall

edited December 1969

Just to Announce that my Partner, Good Friend, and Fur-Buddy Alessandro Mastronardi has agreed to be a co-host and judge this month.

He'll be adding his own introduction here in a bit.

Be nice to him everyone.... this means you too Jeeperz... those pies are deadly. :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay I guess the Word has not Been spread around to all of you yet. Until futher notice I Jaderail will be Sponsoring the Free Challenge every month at this level. $20 GC for first Place $15 GC for Second and $10 GC for third place.

Now Shut up and take my MONEY! Really, I see being a Sponsor for a very long time. I will try to remember to let each Host know this before the contest is posted.

Thanks Jaderail. I didn't want to presume your continued contributions with DAZ's added sponsorship.

Kendall

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hello guys and gals, I'm honoured to be a judge and co-host and let's the show begin... I'm sure we'll see some cool submissions in here :)

edited December 1969

Welcome Alessandro!

Dana

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Let's get this party started!

Now I just need an idea that won't break TOS... :)

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

you rock Jaderail, this is really nice of you

edited December 1969

Just to Announce that my Partner, Good Friend, and Fur-Buddy Alessandro Mastronardi has agreed to be a co-host and judge this month.

Be nice to him everyone.... this means you too Jeeperz... those pies are deadly. :-)

Kendall

awe... do I HAVE to???? I won't make any promises, but I won't start throwing pies until after he has posted , hmmm.... 3 times.... is that long enough to be nice???? *as I stand there with a pie in each hand*
    Welcome to the insanity Alessandro Mastronardi.

edited December 1969

this sounds like it will be a real fun month Kendall, you know I am always available for judge if you need me, but I would like to hold that offer back so that some of our new folks can give it a try. If you find yourself short I'm there for you.

• celebicelebi Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

comes out of her closet
    places a big pile of cookies down on a table then takes a seat debateing if she wants to enter

edited December 1969

Hi Celebi! Mmmmm...cookies. Watch out for the pies, though! :-P

Dana

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Until futher notice I Jaderail will be Sponsoring the Free Challenge every month at this level. $20 GC for first Place $15 GC for Second and $10 GC for third place ... I see being a Sponsor for a very long time.

This is truly outstanding. Astonishing. Thank you VERY much, Jade!

Incredibly generous for such a scary-looking guy, don't you think, folks?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Until futher notice I Jaderail will be Sponsoring the Free Challenge every month at this level. $20 GC for first Place $15 GC for Second and $10 GC for third place ... I see being a Sponsor for a very long time.

Truely so yes yes

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

Kendall

awe... do I HAVE to???? I won't make any promises, but I won't start throwing pies until after he has posted , hmmm.... 3 times.... is that long enough to be nice???? *as I stand there with a pie in each hand*
    Welcome to the insanity Alessandro Mastronardi.

Than you very much, I'll be a good add to the insanity world :)

edited December 1969

Alessandro, massive thanks to you too for co-hosting this month and bringing along a terrific bunch of hair!

A good injection of insanity is needed, I'm afraid, because many of our players are American and just came through a very sobering presidential election (and best not mention Lance Armstrong to them at all), while the European contenders struggle to cope with developments in football and Greece. Plus, we're all a little bummed out that the world didn't end in December as promised. Hopes remain high for global warming, however.

Say, are you by any chance the son of the the celebrated actor Marcello Mastronardi? I've seen all his films!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hey lets not talk about that Global warming. We have just got rid of the last lot of white global warming that landed on us, Up to 12" of the stuff where it landed and 4-6ft in the drifts when the wind had got hold of it. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

That's not "global" warming but temperate-zone warming, er, frosting. Where I am in the subtropics, we only worry that all of your snow will melt and raise the sea level here.

But you know what, my countless experiments with putting ice cubes in beer and observing as they melt have NEVER produced a rise in the level of the beer!

edited December 1969

Alessandro, massive thanks to you too for co-hosting this month and bringing along a terrific bunch of hair!

A good injection of insanity is needed, I'm afraid, because many of our players are American and just came through a very sobering presidential election (and best not mention Lance Armstrong to them at all), while the European contenders struggle to cope with developments in football and Greece. Plus, we're all a little bummed out that the world didn't end in December as promised. Hopes remain high for global warming, however.

Say, are you by any chance the son of the the celebrated actor Marcello Mastronardi? I've seen all his films!

duck and dodges as the thought of another 4 years with this prez, Lance (loser) who just couldn't stop lying. at least it sucks all over the world,

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Umm? Jade looks SCARY? Hides sharp pointy thing behind back, brings PIE out from behind back with other hand. Ebil Grin.

edited December 1969

Thank you Dorseyland, more hair coming in the near future :)
    About the actor, his last name actually is Mastroianni: he's good, isn't?