Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Okay, I'm now utterly confused as to whether my PC membership has an issue or not.

Clearly I can post here, I'm also seeing PC items priced at $1.99, while with other items I take it 'Special Price' represents the PC discount.

OTOH, my subscription status (see below) shows 'Status = Expired'. Is that a problem or not?

The web team is working on this issue. You are fully in the Platinum Club, with all the access for pricing and forum access. This appears to be an issue that the team is working to address. The good news is that you can use your PC privileges. Bad news is the view in your account. We are working on the problem.

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

The news letter heading says: Redeem your PC Coupon.

Just now got a new letter & all the sale's are for Daz not one for Posers.

Yep, I'll be getting out. :(

Post edited by Alethas Fantasy on
    edited December 1969

The PC coupon is for DAZ Original or DAZ Owned products, not to say many of them can't be used in Poser.

Not sure your issue here???

edited June 2012

I have posers not Daz, daz stuff in the news letter I just got a bit ago, of what is on sell is for Daz 4, so it is no good for me, Just saying.

I know I can you the coupon still on older stuff, just not this sell.

Post edited by Alethas Fantasy on
  • VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

I have posers not Daz, daz stuff in the news letter I just got a bit ago, of what is on sell is for Daz 4, so it is no good for me, Just saying.

I know I can you the coupon still on older stuff, just not this sell.

Note that the required products listing only shows required products if they are currently in the DAZ store. Poser is not in the DAZ store, so it cannot be listed by the store system even if products are made for it. Most products in the store are Poser-compatible. Plugins, shaders, light sets and Genesis-specific products are most of the products limited to DAZ Studio. (Many such items have Poser equivalents and will say so in the description, if not the item name.)

Figures, props, poses and texture packs will work with both programs 99% of the time and some will even work with more programs.

Regarding your monthly PC coupon, it is for DAZ Original products, meaning products where DAZ 3D is the vendor listed on the item page. This has nothing to do directly with what program the item is made for or compatible with. The old vouchers were also usable for up to 50% of the price on items owned by other vendors, (Published Artist or PA items,) but that may have changed. I've been out of the loop for a couple months and am catching up with all the recent changes.

edited December 1969

I do have my own issue that hopefully someone in staff will be able to guide me with.

Due to financial issues, I had to let my membership lapse when it expired -- I believe the date was April 20. I know that it's been almost two months now, but up until the site was turned over to the new system, I had a notice in my account saying I could still order a renewal. New site, no such notice and the two renewal store products are gone or invisible to me. Sometime soon I'll be ready to renew, but I'm not sure if I should qualify for the renewal or it's just been too long.

I posed this problem in zendesk, but got the copypasta reply from Britney that didn't really tell me if she was able to read the details. I don't think I quite fit into the mob of "all of the PC problems" that reply was intended for, so I'm not sure where to go from here. I understand you're swimming in customers and bugs and I'm being patient with my relatively minor issue...trying, at least, heh. Just need to know what I should do next, along with being patient.

edited December 1969

VoltisArt said:
    I do have my own issue that hopefully someone in staff will be able to guide me with.

Due to financial issues, I had to let my membership lapse when it expired -- I believe the date was April 20. I know that it's been almost two months now, but up until the site was turned over to the new system, I had a notice in my account saying I could still order a renewal. New site, no such notice and the two renewal store products are gone or invisible to me. Sometime soon I'll be ready to renew, but I'm not sure if I should qualify for the renewal or it's just been too long.

I posed this problem in zendesk, but got the copypasta reply from Britney that didn't really tell me if she was able to read the details. I don't think I quite fit into the mob of "all of the PC problems" that reply was intended for, so I'm not sure where to go from here. I understand you're swimming in customers and bugs and I'm being patient with my relatively minor issue...trying, at least, heh. Just need to know what I should do next, along with being patient.

The DAZ Platinum Club renewal is available for 30 days after the laps of a membership. I believe this is the reason you are not seeing the renewal as available. Since it's been almost 60 days, you would not qualify for the renewal.

• TDXTDX Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

I would like to use this months PC coupon but my balance is still $0.00 - it used to be much easier before the site upgrade where I could see when the coupons were distributed for use along with the amount applied towards purchases... I hope this comes back... The product entries are not as informative as before - sometimes the required product is missing or pointing to something completely irrelevant which makes ordering very difficult... No longer see the related products as before... I really liked the old site, this is frustrating especially how the system hangs now... maybe too fancy? I will say the DAZ.0 4 PRO software is amazing... ready to add some items from my wishlist to my shopping cart when this is resolved... Will PC members get credit if the month goes by without the coupon issue resolved?

edited December 1969

The DAZ Platinum Club renewal is available for 30 days after the laps of a membership. I believe this is the reason you are not seeing the renewal as available. Since it's been almost 60 days, you would not qualify for the renewal.

Many thanks for taking the time. Good to know. Now hopefully I can join the mob just in time for all the cashe and cookies I keep reading about...

edited December 1969

Can someone tell me what is (PZ2) ?
    Is it for Posers 7?
    Thanks

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,902
    edited December 1969

Yes, pz2 is a plain text pose file (or a material file, with a hack).

edited December 1969

Thanks, I am still learning, I had bought something the other day & wouldn't work in Posers 7 it said something about pz2 & my computer froze up.

On the cupon's if it says Published Artist(s):
    DAZ 3D
    Created By:
    Mint

Then as long as it says Published Artist Daz3 I can use it on these Items?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,766
    edited December 1969

The PC coupon is for DAZ Original or DAZ Owned products, not to say many of them can't be used in Poser.

Not sure your issue here???
    I don't know about Alethas Fantasy's situation, but I've been in the PC for years, and so I already have virtually all of the DAZ Original items that I want that work in Poser...

edited December 1969

Thanks, I am still learning, I had bought something the other day & wouldn't work in Posers 7 it said something about pz2 & my computer froze up.

On the cupon's if it says Published Artist(s):
    DAZ 3D
    Created By:
    Mint

Then as long as it says Published Artist Daz3 I can use it on these Items?

Yes, that's right.

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard

• magdalenemagdalene Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

I cannot retrieve my coupon for my monthly gift . When I type in the code it does not accept it . It is for a 43 dollar purchase and Iam waiting to buy when I can .

I give up !!!http://www.daz3d.com/forums/smileys/#

edited December 1969

I cannot retrieve my coupon for my monthly gift . When I type in the code it does not accept it . It is for a 43 dollar purchase and Iam waiting to buy when I can .

I give up !!!http://www.daz3d.com/forums/smileys/#

Please contact our sales support either by phone tomorrow morning or via a support ticket through the Contact Us on the store page.

Sorry you are having problems, we will take care of you.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Make sure there are no spaces before or at the end of the coupon code..... Also make sure you have an eligible item in your cart. The coupon won't work on PC items ($1.99 items), PA items (any item that does NOT list "Daz 3D" as the Vendor on the product page).... There might have been another restriction but I can't recall it right now and maybe somebody else can. I hope this helps, and if not, perhaps somebody else has suggestions! I used my coupon code a few hours ago without any problem (other than when it asked me to login again it took the code out and I had to go back and reapply the coupon code to my order again)....

edited June 2012

I think I have the right products . Here is a copy of what I get . I have had trouble with coupons before.

thank you for replying .

Image removed by a moderator till resized…please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Magdalene- sorry but they aren't Daz originals so the coupon can't be used. It needs to say Daz3D under published items.

Hope that makes it clearer. :)

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I was trying to check the vendor too because I was thinking those were PA items....

*kicks the new dumb store* The product page has been trying to load for literally 20 minutes now :( My dialup icon was responding to the page loading so I know it was doing something. They said the new store would be faster, but it's over 3 times slower for me now :( With a monthly time limit, it's getting to be a complete waste of time attempting to load the store anymore. I'm hoping once the bugs are all worked out things will be different but I highly doubt that will be the case... The forums are the only fast thing on the site for me still :(

edited December 1969

Thank you that explains it . I will remember for the future .
    Thanks for your help.

edited December 1969

I must say it was better before too and there seemed to be more specials . I am going to have to curb my spending especially as the Aussie dollar has fallen.
    I also noticed that it doesn't notify you when you are accidently repurchasing I had the same product in my cart twice .I thinks thats a worry.Oh well !

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Thank you that explains it . I will remember for the future .
    Thanks for your help.

You're welcome :) Hope you find something neat to buy!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited June 2012

I must say it was better before too and there seemed to be more specials . I am going to have to curb my spending especially as the Aussie dollar has fallen.
    I also noticed that it doesn't notify you when you are accidently repurchasing I had the same product in my cart twice .I thinks thats a worry.Oh well !

That is a known issue and is being worked on ... so we have to be careful when buying older things and be a bit patient.
    Edited to add: I even read that Daz is working on the Bundles problem (we didn't get notifies when buying something that was bought in a bundle before).

Post edited by Kerya on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Okay, I'm now utterly confused as to whether my PC membership has an issue or not.

Clearly I can post here, I'm also seeing PC items priced at $1.99, while with other items I take it 'Special Price' represents the PC discount.

OTOH, my subscription status (see below) shows 'Status = Expired'. Is that a problem or not?

The web team is working on this issue. You are fully in the Platinum Club, with all the access for pricing and forum access. This appears to be an issue that the team is working to address. The good news is that you can use your PC privileges. Bad news is the view in your account. We are working on the problem.

Thanks for the answer! I can live with the incorrect labelling until it's fixed.

• mitchmanmitchman Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Here is a ticket I just submitted:

Okay, I have been a Platinum monthly subscriber for about 8 years now and this one finally surprises me. I can find absolutely NO information in my account pages regarding being a PC member. No payment agreements, no links to PC status, no links to PC at all. I have been billed (frankly, I did make a recent change to bill via PayPal rather than directly to a credit card - but, WTF?!?!! So now I just get dropped completely?!??!!???!!! Even after PAYING??!!!!?????!!!!)

I found this out because I tried to get my freebie - which isn't really free since it is basically what I get for paying for the PC, only once I went to check out, it is now a $6 (and change) item and NOT free or $0.00 as it says on the item page. So again, WTF???!!!???

It is bad enough that there is very little of interest for me since the advent of Genesis - another bag of damnit with no real Poser compatibility (yeah, I know, just export it - which REQUIRES DAZ STUDIO and I REFUSE TO install or learn DS [time, HD space, etc] - sorry, regardless of the official press, it doesn't really work in Poser - but as I said, that is another bag of Damnit); but now I am just summarily dropped from the PC??!!??

Really, is all this website rebuilding worth it?
    So, what the hell am I supposed to do now?

At this point, all I can think of is to end the PayPal subscription - which I will do next - and then wait for you all to start looking for your monthly pay.

Got suggestions?
    I am ready to just let DAZ go I guess... Too bad, there are a FEW things I still like in the store... just not the new layout and button click-ey need to click-click-click through more and more and more before actually finding anything useful. You all have got be losing a ton of customers over all this crap. Looks like I am next. You may want to look up just how much I have spent here over the years... Just a thought.

Problem is, here is part 2:

I can't begin to tell you all just how pissed off I am now... I cannot even get into the members forum now, after cancelling my PayPal subscription. WTF???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Last I checked, when one PAYED for something (like a monthly membership from May 25 to June 25th), one traditionally gets that something as PAYED FOR. Not so at DAZ!

Since I cannot see any of my PC info in my profile, I cannot re-input a credit card to maintain my membership.
    Thank you so much for your years of loyalty and concern...

I suppose it is time to just say goodby.

And so now, it seems the ticket is marked resolved and I am no longer a PC member, despite having payed for it.
    Additionally, I should point out that the entire system of now needing to use a coupon or voucher has just added steps and complications, which always adds more opportunity for things to go wrong. DAZ's entire store has become basically unusable as far as I can tell, due entirely from added complexity.

I think I am actually relieved to just post this and back away from DAZ all together. I have better things to spend my money on, so I shall take this as an opportunity to do just that. Have fun 'yall.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,164
    edited December 1969

We are trying to get someone to look into your problem.

• BarbfmcBarbfmc Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Hi,

My Subscriptions indicate a cancelled account. Though My Subsciptions says next drop is next year--- it says cancelled.

Also. I cannot find my coupon for this month listed anywhere.

Can you help? I'm attaching a screen shot -

Screen_Shot_2012-06-13_at_Jun_13,_2012-2.21_.04_PM_.png
    871 x 111 - 12K
    edited December 1969

barbfmc said:
    Hi,

My Subscriptions indicate a cancelled account. Though My Subsciptions says next drop is next year--- it says cancelled.

Also. I cannot find my coupon for this month listed anywhere.

Can you help? I'm attaching a screen shot -

You are still a Platinum Club member - you can see that by checking your public profile. I'm not sure why it says cancelled - we know it's saying expired for many, but that's a new one.

The coupon code was posted in a newsletter, and is also in the first post of this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1934/