Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Starting to feel like the silly one, having read the thread before bringing up my problem. lol

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

VoltisArt said:
    Starting to feel like the silly one, having read the thread before bringing up my problem. lol

No need. We're all tryin to figure all this out.

-MJ

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    VoltisArt said:

No need. We're all tryin to figure all this out.

-MJ

Don't feel silly for things that are out of our hands, but I believe it will get better s**n.

edited December 1969

Just...page after page of people posting the same two or thee questions that various mods and admin have answered on the previous page. I get not reading every one of the now 274 posts...but a couple pages of reading take less time than many of the rants have taken to write, provided the people posting are not Kryptonian. (I assume the average Kryptonian has better things to do than play with digital dolls anyhow.)

This is why we can't have nice things...

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    it will get better s**n.

ROFL - at least you didn't use the 4-letter word that means (per Merriam-Webster.com/dictionary/): without undue time lapse

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Things are getting better gradually. Some of the stuff don't show cause it all coding fixes but we are starting to notice differences.

• BarbfmcBarbfmc Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

That's good to hear. And thx for the reply. I've been on the other side when trying to set up a new system. Would it be possible to just have things listed in our accounts? Otherwise I have to check other areas or be a member back here. Some of us don't travel back here that much.

Again, appreciate reply.

Barb

edited December 1969

Not sure I understand. Have which things listed in your account?

edited June 2012

hmmm - wanted to delete this post.

Post edited by Barbfmc on
    edited June 2012

Frank0314 said:

1) I should be able to access my account and find a list of which coupons are available. I shouldn’t have to depend on email nor should I have to access forums.
    2) Additionally, my screen shot shows ‘canceled’ (under My Status) which one administrator said was unusual ... for me it means my status is at risk. My account should show I am a Platinum Club member for a year. The word canceled should not be in my status line.
    Thx,

Also, in case of need:

Email address removed for user safety

I haven't purchased anything of late. Probably not the only one in that boat. You just need to know I don't trust your page right now.

Fingers crossed you can catch up. Always willing to help. Hopefully you all know that by know via betas.

Thx.
    Barb

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited June 2012

barbfmc said:
    Frank0314 said:

1) I should be able to access my account and find a list of which coupons are available. I shouldn’t have to depend on email nor should I have to access forums.
    2) Additionally, my screen shot shows ‘canceled’ (under My Status) which one administrator said was unusual ... for me it means my status is at risk. My account should show I am a Platinum Club member for a year. The word canceled should not be in my status line.
    Thx,

Also, in case of need:

I haven't purchased anything of late. Probably not the only one in that boat. You just need to know I don't trust your page right now.

Fingers crossed you can catch up. Always willing to help. Hopefully you all know that by know via betas.

Thx.
    Barb

Yeah agree with you there. There should be a way to see your coupons without having to depend on the forums or newsletter. I know they have plans to work on all this stuff, so hopefully it can get fixed pretty soon. As far as the canceled goes. You should probably open a support tick or call them if your in the US. Calling them is always the quickest means.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • mitchmanmitchman Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    We are trying to get someone to look into your problem.

Well, I see that a renewal went through... only my PC club now has to be activated again!!
    So, though I have been a PC member for 8 years uninterrupted, now have to buy a membership all over again?!? I am a member now, why the hell can't I just add my credit card back before it expires next month???!!!???

This is really ridiculous DAZ. WTF!!??!!???? Are you all TRYING to piss people off or what???!!!????????!!!???

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

mitchman said:
    Frank0314 said:

Well, I see that a renewal went through... only my PC club now has to be activated again!!
    So, though I have been a PC member for 8 years uninterrupted, now have to buy a membership all over again?!? I am a member now, why the hell can't I just add my credit card back before it expires next month???!!!???

This is really ridiculous DAZ. WTF!!??!!???? Are you all TRYING to piss people off or what???!!!????????!!!???

All right, is it your membership that needs to be activated, or just the newsletter? When they put through the renewal on my account, I had to go and re-subscribe to the newsletter (My account _>Newsletter Subscriptions), but everything else went through more or less fine.

Since you can still post here, your account is clearly still active.

edited June 2012

mitchman said:
    Frank0314 said:

All right, is it your membership that needs to be activated, or just the newsletter? When they put through the renewal on my account, I had to go and re-subscribe to the newsletter (My account _>Newsletter Subscriptions), but everything else went through more or less fine.

Since you can still post here, your account is clearly still active.

This is the commons, so I do not need to be a PC member to post in here.
    It is my PC club membership that will not let me re-associate a credit card for auto monthly payments now (without signing up again - at like another $30.).
    Frankly, it doesn't look worth it now anyway, since they have eliminated the weekly freebies... must use a coupon/voucher code (your $6. monthly voucher) to make it actually be $0.00 in your cart - which means you can either use it for something else and now PAY for the "freebies" or use it for ONE freebie a month and NOT on anything else. THAT IS F-ED UP TO EXTREME.

I am so pissed about all this I cannot even see straight...
    I have been a MONTHLY PAYING PC CLUB SUBSCRIBER FOR 8 YEARS

...and now I have been summarily dismissed, kicked out, sort of temporarily re-given a single month, but otherwise been treated as if i just didn't exist and should feel privileged to have my little one-time voucher. Pah. Thanks for NOTHING.

If it ain't broke, don't "fix it." Oops... too late.

Oh, look... I am "NEW" here... how nice of them...

I shall waste my time yet again and submit a report. Groovy, just frakkin groovy.

Post edited by mitchman on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I don't think they have eliminated the weekly freebies. I've gotten freebies from here pretty much every week since the transition (they might have missed one, but I think they made up for it with two the following week). The current one is: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/fantasy-camp-ii/ Previous ones included the H4 Hover Tank, Sweet Dreams, Ultralight, and Genesis Bracers. Plus some old stuff has been made free, including some Millennium LE animals and some Bryce content packs.

edited June 2012

I don't think they have eliminated the weekly freebies. I've gotten freebies from here pretty much every week since the transition (they might have missed one, but I think they made up for it with two the following week). The current one is: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/fantasy-camp-ii/ Previous ones included the H4 Hover Tank, Sweet Dreams, Ultralight, and Genesis Bracers. Plus some old stuff has been made free, including some Millennium LE animals and some Bryce content packs.

Okay, so the Fantasy Camp II went through fine...
    But WTH is this:
    "Sweet Dreams" has a "Special Price" then of $0.00 (which I guess means it is NOT a "weekly freebie??!!??" Could this get any more confusing???)
    Only, when I add it to my cart it shows up as $6.27

WTF???!!!???

Shopping_Cart.jpg
    1029 x 513 - 65K
    3D_Models_at_DAZ_3D.jpg
    683 x 489 - 60K
    Post edited by mitchman on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

afaik Sweet Dreams was last weeks freebie, so it looks as though the store page hasn't refreshed.

edited December 1969

Yep. Fantasy Camp II is this week's freebie. Sweet Dreams is no longer free on my store page now. ($6.27)

mitchman -- the entire site is having many problems. Everybody's frustrated (customers AND staff) and many people have had rude surprises that made them downright mad. Taking it as a personal offense against you and getting mad at DAZ itself as though they wanted any of these problems won't help you. It actually makes it harder for them to help you. Take a breather and when you report site issues, just say what happened.

Computers and computer bugs don't care whether we've been members one day, ten years or if we're employees or the founder of the company. Believe me, DAZ wants to have happy customers and they're fighting all day to make this site better for us because that's their job. You have every right to be frustrated with the problems you've encountered, but not a single person at DAZ is trying to hurt you. Try not to get mad at the people who want to serve us.

edited December 1969

We are all frustrated with the problems that are afoot. I can attest that DAZ is working diligently to remedy a lot of these problem.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Anybody who is a PC Member, the old "Freebie Notification" thread was started again in the PC Forum, so if you have access there you can subscribe to the thread to get notifications like before again of new freebies :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Which reminds me to add the alert thread to the index post in Members Only - thanks.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Which reminds me to add the alert thread to the index post in Members Only - thanks.

Cho has her third green box, came in at 1001 posts!! :)

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I haven't received any DAZ Discussion Forum's in my e-mail in 2 days, there has been new post. lol

edited December 1969

I'll give you some of mine. I get like 300 a day.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    afaik Sweet Dreams was last weeks freebie, so it looks as though the store page hasn't refreshed.

Considering how messed-up the store still is (I can see the New Releases page as of a couple of weeks ago simply by changing my view from 15 to 60 per page) is it really a good idea for DAZ to keep pumping out time-limited offers that not everyone is going to see in the same way at the same time? At least until this incredibly irritating caching bug is finally nailed down.
  • CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

I'm one of the annual members currently showing no subscription, but the forum works for me. Could someone who has sorted out their membership tell me what shows in the store? Can you see a platinum price or is it "special price"? Thanks!

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited June 2012

Cbird said:
    I'm one of the annual members currently showing no subscription, but the forum works for me. Could someone who has sorted out their membership tell me what shows in the store? Can you see a platinum price or is it "special price"? Thanks!

I dont think its sorted out for anyone unless i missed something. Im seeing "Special Price". Sigh....

EDIT: I think i have another problem now. I just checked the "fix" to my account and now its wrong. Sheesh. I will have to call them back in the am. This is soooo frustrating.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Thanks, MJ
    Good to know. At least we seem to have lots of company!
    Between this and a second hard drive crash, taking up cave painting is starting to look appealing.

MJ007 said:
    Cbird said:

I dont think its sorted out for anyone unless i missed something. Im seeing "Special Price". Sigh....

EDIT: I think i have another problem now. I just checked the "fix" to my account and now its wrong. Sheesh. I will have to call them back in the am. This is soooo frustrating.

-MJ

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update on the $6.00 USD coupon. I was wondering why I didn't see the coupon in the check-out page.

• Harry_2964Harry_2964 Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

The Platinum Club is still not working right for me.

The pricing at the store is wrong.

Also I didnt get an answer from the support.

I sent an email 5 days ago. :(