edited December 1969

...got it. Thanks.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

:D
    Thank you very much for your work!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited December 1969

You're welcome! :) Let me know if you run into any bugs or problems...

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited February 2013

Hi - I'm wondering if I'm the only one with problems. The newest version of History Manager freezes for me when I try to log in. I have tried running in Administrator mode, in Win 7 compatibility mode and just plain ole' regular mode, but no luck. The program screen opens but not until after I click continue to a warning screen that says "Unhandled exception has occurred." I am running Windows 8 64-bit.

Edited: I tried it again a couple of days later and now it works!

Post edited by Mari-Anne on
    edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Hi - I'm wondering if I'm the only one with problems. The newest version of History Manager freezes for me when I try to log in. I have tried running in Administrator mode, in Win 7 compatibility mode and just plain ole' regular mode, but no luck. The program screen opens but not until after I click continue to a warning screen that says "Unhandled exception has occurred." I am running Windows 8 64-bit.

Well you probably won't need it anymore anyway, now that DAZ has got the "already purchased item" feature working again. :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Mari-Anne said:

Well you probably won't need it anymore anyway, now that DAZ has got the "already purchased item" feature working again. :)

Your history manager is a lot faster to search (eg review what else of a particular set I might already have)... I can see myself continuing to use it in parallel.

edited February 2013

M F M said:
    Taozen said:
    Mari-Anne said:

Your history manager is a lot faster to search (eg review what else of a particular set I might already have)... I can see myself continuing to use it in parallel.

Just be aware that many product names have changed recently (just saw about 10 that changed during the last few days), and are not updated in your account. So search on relevant keywords rather than the full product name. A few products have changed their name completely so you won't find them at all, no matter what keyword from the old name you use.

The advantage of DAZ' duplicate check is that it's SKU based (I assume, anything else would be silly if you have direct access to the database). That makes it 100% reliable (at least if they've done it right). History Manager is only partly SKU based which may cause it to fail when products have had their names changed. I was planning on making it 100% SKU based but it's probably not worth the trouble now. I doubt many will use it anyway.

I've noticed though that the DAZ store check doesn't work for bundles-in.bundles. Try for example to check out the product page for the Starter bundle included in any Pro bundle you might have and it won't warn you. It should be very easy to fix though so I hope they do it.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the warning but I wasn't aware of any product name changes. Is there a list somewhere?

• WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92
    edited February 2013

Hi - I’m wondering if I’m the only one with problems. The newest version of History Manager freezes for me when I try to log in. I have tried running in Administrator mode, in Win 7 compatibility mode and just plain ole’ regular m

I just installed the new version and I am definitely having problems. Product name is missing, and things are shifted so that the purchase date shows up under Product name. I am including a picture.

problem.JPG
    626 x 148 - 37K
    Post edited by Wildlyfe on
  • Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Wildlyfe said:
    Hi - I’m wondering if I’m the only one with problems. The newest version of History Manager freezes for me when I try to log in. I have tried running in Administrator mode, in Win 7 compatibility mode and just plain ole’ regular m

I just installed the new version and I am definitely having problems. Product name is missing, and things are shifted so that the purchase date shows up under Product name. I am including a picture.

I found that happened when I downloaded the newest version, and tried to upload my last history (done on the previous version). I think there was an error with the old history talking with the new history manager.

I just signed in, deleted the old history file, and downloaded a new history, it has been perfectly fine since then. :)

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Really? Just tried with several items and no warnings were forthcoming.

I really hope you continue to develop and support this. I find it much easy to use than the website. The DSON check and multiple reset features are invaluable.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Thanks for the warning but I wasn't aware of any product name changes. Is there a list somewhere?

I'm working on one. I have tools for keeping the list updated with any new name changes, but there is probably a number of older names which are difficult to get other than by scanning people's histories. Just yesterday someone reported one that wasn't included, it was for the V5 Suite which apparently have had two different names before the current name.

Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite (current name)
    3D Model Pro Suite
    Victoria 5 Pro Suite

The last one was the name it had in his history.

AndyBerlin's database, which i'm using in HM for duplicate check, currently includes over 140 old names for different items, and it is far from complete, it seems.

edited December 1969

In any way I can help?

edited December 1969

Wiccan1 said:
    Wildlyfe said:

I found that happened when I downloaded the newest version, and tried to upload my last history (done on the previous version). I think there was an error with the old history talking with the new history manager.

I just signed in, deleted the old history file, and downloaded a new history, it has been perfectly fine since then. :)

Yes, the database format was updated in one of the previous versions, so older history.csv files were no longer compatible. Downloading and saving the history will fix it.

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    Taozen said:

Really? Just tried with several items and no warnings were forthcoming.

Well it works differently than on the old site. The "add to cart" button on the product page will be greyed out and say "purchased" instead if you already own the product. It you click the button anyway the item will go into the cart without further warnings. And it doesn't warn you if you put an item in the cart from a category page. The way it worked in the old store was better.

In any case there is a problem with bundles-in-bundles. If you own a Pro bundle and view the product page for the Starter bundle that is normally included, it doesn't warn you. It does work for the individual items in the Starter bundle though.

I really hope you continue to develop and support this. I find it much easy to use than the website. The DSON check and multiple reset features are invaluable

Isn't DSON check included in the general check for updates in the DIM? And multiple reset as well?

In any case, as far as my time allows I will try to keep supporting and updating the features in HM that are still useful.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    In any way I can help?

Well if you'd allow me to scan your history.csv file for product names that might be helpful.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Kattey said:
    In any way I can help?

Well if you'd allow me to scan your history.csv file for product names that might be helpful.

Sent you PM about that

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

I can't get the new version to work at all. I get an error message when I try to download my history.

I know DAZ now shows you when you've bought something before, but I don't quite trust it, and would like to be able to double check it.

edited February 2013

New EULA redirects are messing up with Login process, I'm 99% sure of it.
    Anyway, I can't login currently.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited February 2013

randym77 said:
    ... I know DAZ now shows you when you've bought something before, but I don't quite trust it, and would like to be able to double check it.

That's wise - I have a had a number of false negatives in the past few days (products that do show up in my Itemised Order History / DAZ History Manager, not part of bundles, but are not highlighted as "Purchased").
    Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

randym77 said:
    I can't get the new version to work at all. I get an error message when I try to download my history.

I know DAZ now shows you when you've bought something before, but I don't quite trust it, and would like to be able to double check it.

Works fine here. Probably just some temporary server problems.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    New EULA redirects are messing up with Login process, I'm 99% sure of it.
    Anyway, I can't login currently.

If every page redirects to the EULA that would cause problems yes.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Does the History Mgr still export to .csv? I hope so. I can't remember how to do it. I know I did it once but something was a bit messed up so waited until a new version came out but forgot about it.

::slaps self::

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

The file history.csv is in the data folder, which is in the folder where the DAZHistoryManager.exe was installed. If you want to use and change the csv data in an external program, than copy this file.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

The file history.csv is in the data folder, which is in the folder where the DAZHistoryManager.exe was installed. If you want to use and change the csv data in an external program, than copy this file.

Wow. That was easy.

Thanks!

edited December 1969

sniff, sniff- it doesn't work for me anymore... login history - click download current history - Windows tells me that the software doesn't work anymore ...
    I even tried logging in into history and browser, same effect ...
    Help?

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Not working properly for me either.

I can log in OK, but it is only showing me 68 items not the 500+ that are usually in the list.

Will there be another update as this one expires on 28 February

edited December 1969

Hm, strange, working fine for me, just downloaded my complete history with 2600+ items. Maybe a temporary problem with the DAZ server?

Otherwise there may be a problem with certain accounts which seem to happen in other contexts also. Not much I can do about that, unfortunately.

And yes, there will be a new update before it expires. :)

edited February 2013

Sniff ... I even redownloaded and reinstalled it. Each time I click on download - crash ...
    (this is 12 minutes after your message)

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Sniff ... I even redownloaded and reinstalled it. Each time I click on download - crash ...
    (this is 12 minutes after your message)

Which error message do you get? Which OS? Does your history look normal in your DAZ account?