Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2017

I have been a member since Oct 2006, and have 1,487 posts since the pre 2012 purge. so that comes out to 10 1/2 posts per month. 

So you're like that old E.F. Hutton commercial- when you post, everyone freezes and turns to you to listen!  I miss that commercial, it was always funny. Anyway, now when you post on the thread, I'll feel quite special!  wink (and now you only have 9.5 more to go this month, if you hadn't posted any in April.)

Post edited by Novica on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    Novica said:

I have been a member since Oct 2006, and have 1,487 posts since the pre 2012 purge. so that comes out to 10 1/2 posts per month. 

So you're like that old E.F. Hutton commercial- when you post, everyone freezes and turns to you to listen!  I miss that commercial, it was always funny. Anyway, now when you post on the thread, I'll feel quite special!  wink (and now you only have 9.5 more to go this month, if you hadn't posted any in April.)

LOL you are going to make my head swell bigger than it already is. I started out with Poser back in order to get my mind off what was going on to keep sane. I have only recently switched to Studio back in late 2015 (I think I have had one to many knocks to the head and my memory is spotty) I am hardly anexpert and I remember those commericals myself. I also miss the old Alka-Seltzer commercials. Plop Plop fizz fizz Oh what a releif it is. I think that was my first post, have done more lurking lately. Now its 8.5 yes

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited April 2017

@Novica, where is the weighting and rigging thread you are participating in? Or am I misunderstanding? I don't see a thread like that in the references post. Then again, I might just be overlooking it.

Post edited by firewarden on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

Where do you find your member number?

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Valandar said:

Click your name under your icon; it's the number in your profile URL - and that's one of the lowest numbers I've seen...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2017
    Valandar said:

←   ← ← ←   Hover your mouse over your name      You, like me, have a 4 digit member number

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    Chohole said:
    Valandar said:

←   ← ← ←   Hover your mouse over your name      You, like me, have a 4 digit member number

Ah, right... 9176. I been here so long, Noah had asked me for a box of tenpenny nails just before that rainstorm...

Man, you guys are older than dirt in DAZ years! ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh my Gosh.  I've been here about 19 months with 6759 posts which comes out to 356 posts a month.  Apparently I am much more of a talker online than I am in person lol.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2017

Man, you guys are older than dirt in DAZ years! ;)

Aye,  we were here before there was a here to be.   We both predate the forums, as does the aforementioned Richard H  and quite a few others.

Ice Dragon Art said:

Oh my Gosh.  I've been here about 19 months with 6759 posts which comes out to 356 posts a month.  Apparently I am much more of a talker online than I am in person lol.

I apparently average out at 14-15 posts per day. or 425-440 per month,  that's since the 2012 changeover.    I always did talk too much.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Valandar said:
    Chohole said:
    Valandar said:

Ah, right... 9176. I been here so long, Noah had asked me for a box of tenpenny nails just before that rainstorm...

LOL! So glad I had just swallowed my coke before I read this. Otherwise, I'd be washing off my monitor.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited April 2017

I've been around for quite a while, I think Val has me beat though.  Yeah, by a lot.  LOL

Post edited by Fisty on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Member 7496. I joined in October 2003 but took a long hiatus from Daz until late 2012. I didn't start posting much until January 2015. (I know, I know - I'm slow on the uptake.) In the 27 months since, I've done 956 posts, about 35 per month. At that rate it will be anther month and a half to 1000.

Islandgirl said the G2M version of  IGD Valborg Poses for Genesis 3 Male is on Renderosity now. Still wish DAZ had grabbed that pose set since they have the M4 & G3M versions. But I'm glad she was able to put them out on Renderosity for those of us who do a lot with G2M.

The rigging and weight mapping is here in the Art Studio.

Novica said:

The rigging and weight mapping is here in the Art Studio.

Thank you! :)

• Fisty said:

I've been around for quite a while, I think Val has me beat though.  Yeah, by a lot.  LOL

Me too, in fact apparently a bit before Fisty but nowhere near 4 digits.  But I mostly just lurk & learn hehe.

Fisty said:

Me too, in fact apparently a bit before Fisty but nowhere near 4 digits.  But I mostly just lurk & learn hehe.

Sounds like a great user name. LurknLearn.

Okay, my internet speed is back up for the moment, I couldn't upload any renders for you so I worked on other things. I am going to do a Della character render for you. It is the Ion vendor. I only have the shoes and bot from Ion, no "real" people so this will be interesting.

If anyone has Lola's son, could they do a quick render of his face without the glasses or point me to a thread where there are some renders of him? Just looking through the Commons and Commercial forums, I'm not seeing anything, and Google isn't cooperating with me either.

edited April 2017

Della (Gen3F)       Fane Hair (Gen3F) 

Della has an interesting body, one which I can't show or really even figure out how to describe. The areola area has a bit of a blemish on one of them, which to me makes it realistic, but if you want perfect ones, this isn't the materials for you. The belly button is different too. Not sure about that, if it's a mistake or not. But you should know how it looks. 

Love Fane Hair! Did not use Slosh's shaders. This is out of the box. No smoothing either!!!

Will clothe and do a full render of Della and add it here. She tends to render redder, at least with the light sets I normally use. This is without any hue or tone adjustment. Out of the box. What I did change- the lipstick. I don't like the shades offered- they're either very pale or red. For a red head, the lip color needed to be more orange. 

And look at the teeth! They look natural, varied.

Della Fane Hair.png
    800 x 900 - 1M
    Della Fane Hair2.png
    800 x 900 - 1M
    Della Fane Hair3.png
    444 x 500 - 309K
    Post edited by Novica on

That's the bellybutton of someone who's had laparoscopy surgery - the small scar is from a trocar, if I'm guessing correctly about the surgery. I suppose it could be a scar from jewelry, but it's identical to a laparoscopy scar.

Both she and the hair are much better looking in your render than I thought they were from the promos.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Both she and the hair are much better looking in your render than I thought they were from the promos.

I agree! Makes me want to get them instead of passing them by.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

The eyebrows are distracting to me on that character. I think maybe her forehead looks a bit low, or squeezed or something.  I like the fact that she isn't the usual big eyed pouty lipped doll, but there is something that doesn'f convince me she is real for some reason.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2017

Thanks for the pics-I found her jolie-laide* face kind of appealing even in the promo art, but it's cool to see her with a more attractive hairstyle and it looks like she takes expressions rather well. Wishlisted.

SereneNight: not seeing anything with the eyebrows that the "brow inner height" pose control wouldn't fix. She is kind of a caricature, but to me it's more the jaw shape and the eye size that push her into that category than the brow ridge shape.

*French expression that was translated to me as "ugly-pretty" or "attractive/charismatic without fitting conventional aesthetic standards."

Post edited by Odaa on
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited April 2017
    Valandar said:
    Chohole said:
    Valandar said:

That's really interesting. So far the smallest member number I've found is AprilYSH at 994.

Sorry to go OT on your thread Novica.

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
    edited April 2017

Tested a few more expressions, they are very fluid. I am rendering Heath Hair  (Gen3M/F) on her, for a short hairstyle. She's wearing Casual Style Female. (Minus the hat, which is cute!)

She can be a geek, a librarian, varied types.  Dang, she's almost done in a minute and a half. (Same settings! Oh, that's why. It's only 500 px. Sorry!) 

One thing I forgot to mention- I would work on the lip bump a bit- if you increase glossiness and lower the bump, it almost goes smooth. I haven't found the right balance yet, mine is too smooth. But I wanted to do this in a timely manner while she is in one of the featured sales. Check back on this post, I'll render her with Dumor's Apocalyptic Outdoor lights. Let's try an HDRI.

Changed her up- she's wearing Belle Dress with Garden Party materials, and with Anjou Hair, to test her softer side.  First is as is, rendered. Second is with some blue tones added (you can tell from the background.) 

Della Fane Hair4.png
    444 x 500 - 346K
    Della anjou hair.png
    550 x 800 - 612K
    Della anjou hairB.jpg
    550 x 800 - 293K
    Post edited by Novica on

@DestinysGarden   Oh, no problem, we ping pong around on the thread all the time!  We actually had fun talking about the numbers a couple months ago- someone told me a real low number but I can't remember who it was. And wow, AprilYSH's number IS low! 

If anyone has Lola's son, could they do a quick render of his face without the glasses or point me to a thread where there are some renders of him? Just looking through the Commons and Commercial forums, I'm not seeing anything, and Google isn't cooperating with me either.

I'm not ignoring you- I don't have him. Anyone else able to help?

edited April 2017
    Novica said:

Tested a few more expressions, they are very fluid. I am rendering Heath Hair  (Gen3M/F) on her, for a short hairstyle. She's wearing Casual Style Female. (Minus the hat, which is cute!)

She can be a geek, a librarian, varied types.  Dang, she's almost done in a minute and a half. (Same settings! Oh, that's why. It's only 500 px. Sorry!) 

One thing I forgot to mention- I would work on the lip bump a bit- if you increase glossiness and lower the bump, it almost goes smooth. I haven't found the right balance yet, mine is too smooth. But I wanted to do this in a timely manner while she is in one of the featured sales. Check back on this post, I'll render her with Dumor's Apocalyptic Outdoor lights. Let's try an HDRI.

Changed her up- she's wearing Belle Dress with Garden Party materials, and with Anjou Hair, to test her softer side.  First is as is, rendered. Second is with some blue tones added (you can tell from the background.) 

Your renders show that she's a nice-looking unique character. I'm wishlisting her based on your renders. I went back and looked and her lips are very smooth in her promos also. 

Edit: can't type.

Post edited by firewarden on
This discussion has been closed.