Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    jakiblue said:

hopefully @chohole or @richardhaseltine have been able to report it. 

This has been reported

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 657
    edited April 2017

It's still not working for me, I have  https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-crochet-bathing-suit-for-genesis-3-female-s in my  cart (along with some genesis 2 items) and Kenji is $15.73.

Post edited by tombraider4ever on

The offer has bee fixed,  you may need to do a hard refresh to get the correct offer page.

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217
    Chohole said:

The offer has bee fixed,  you may need to do a hard refresh to get the correct offer page.

The base males have disappeared from the page now. Was that intentional?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,754
    edited April 2017

Yeah they took the brotha off the list although he's still in the promotional artwork. lol

https://www.daz3d.com/04-20-romantic-interlude

And all the daz3d.com links are still problematic until they switch to https:

I woke up just now and thought it was X-mas. Started loading the cart and the total is NUTS. lol

One of those "put it back!" as an adult yelling at my inner-kid self in the toy store. lol

Capture Where he go.PNG
    1545 x 543 - 2M
    Capture Cart WOW.PNG
    1405 x 588 - 170K
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on
    Ildanach said:
    Chohole said:

The base males have disappeared from the page now. Was that intentional?

Unfortunately,  yes,       their inclusion in the first place was not intended.

• Chohole said:

How do I do a hard refresh?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    Chohole said:

CTRL+F5

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217
    Chohole said:

Unfortunately,  yes,       their inclusion in the first place was not intended.

Ah, okay. That's a shame, but understandable. I'm only two base male characters short from a full set. Was hoping to remedy that today.

• Novica said:
    Chohole said:

CTRL+F5

Thanks! 

• sueyasueya Posts: 824

Just tried to use my monthly PA coupon with my order and it failed. Is this because my order includes a new release?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    sueya said:

Just tried to use my monthly PA coupon with my order and it failed. Is this because my order includes a new release?

Do you have at least $18 worth of items (at their current, discounted price) in the cart WITHOUT the new release?

• sueyasueya Posts: 824
    Ati said:
    sueya said:

Do you have at least $18 worth of items (at their current, discounted price) in the cart WITHOUT the new release?

No I don't. I guess that must be the problem.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2017

Aww, I was hoping to finally get Kimo 7, since he is actually IN the promo pic. Oh well. Got the Centaur 7 bundle instead for a price I could afford. WOW!

PS- I only had three add on characters show up for the $1 deal. I own a lot of guys too!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited April 2017

If the base male models were not supposed to be included, why is their picture so prominent in the graphic in the email and the graphic on the sales page? I was very excited and was going to place multiple orders to get them...

daz ad w males.jpg
    700 x 1072 - 735K
    Post edited by firewarden on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

That is seriously confusing or misleading. Not sure which. 

Yeah, kinda put me off that sale. However, looking at the sandals, which would have been the item I went for first, made me re-consider the Abandoned sale. I might do that sale for the more sensible sandals to go with the Boho outfit and ones similar to it and all the extra free stuff. Must ponder...

Oh that's the stinger. Just checked my cart again and every figure (for $1) requires another purchase of a discounted (but still costly) base figure. And of course it's for none that I own.

Once gain Daz. lol Would have been a great deal IF you had made it about the base figures. Real bad switcharoo....might open a ticket about this one since I have the ORIGINAL ADD with the brother on the cover.

That's no good.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited April 2017

That's not good. The promo is showing 5 base male figures. Extremely misleading.....and I'm not happy. Dumped everything in my cart and won't be purchasing from that sale at all. 

Post edited by jakiblue on

I opened a ticket. There's something weird going on with their sales, once every week. Not feeling that.

• Apparently whatever caused the Centaur Pro Bundle to go down to $27 was removed by now. Had it in my cart and one update later the Pro Pack alone was at $39,

Also no longer affects fastgrabs.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

Taking the base figures out of a promotion that clearly focuses on the base figures in the promotion graphic is just plain wrong. This is not an error, it's a blunder. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

The Fastgrab discounts aren't supposed to stack with any other discounts, but every now and then something goes worng.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

The Fastgrab discounts aren't supposed to stack with any other discounts, but every now and then something goes worng.

I think it's the other way around. Every now and then it really doesn't stack... :)

• Also no longer affects fastgrabs.

No doubt that this wasn't intended. Same with the Centaur being that cheap. There still is a discount but it's a lot less than before.
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Well, if it's any consolation to DAZ, I wasn't going to get Centaur 7 because I couldn't afford him right now... so whatever glitch reduced the price is the only reason they got the sale. I would have waited until they came up with some great promo, probably paid even less, and used one of my coupons to boot! So in my case, they still made more money from me than they would have otherwise.
    laugh

I'm sorry it was a glitch, though, and that more of you didn't get him while he was at that price.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

Taking the base figures out of a promotion that clearly focuses on the base figures in the promotion graphic is just plain wrong. This is not an error, it's a blunder. 

The graphic is defintely misleading. Not to defend DAZ on this, but I do think it's a matter of miscommunication somewhere. That, and the frantic pace and pressure of coming up with a new promo page every single day. It wasn't that long ago, DAZ was releasing new products every other day, except during March Madness and the one-two-three punch of the PA Festival, PC Anniversay, and end of the year Holiday sales. There are a lot more PAs at DAZ now, including those who came over with the RDNA buyout, and there are enough new products to allow for a new promotion every day, but what a nightmare it must be to coordinate all those new products and come up with a unique sales angle day after day after day.

Perhaps it would be better to go back to an every other day new release schedule between major events, and just give us more products to choose from. Some of these daily sales have had as few as six new releases. When Faveral's Medieval Interior Construction Kit was released, the promo was buy multiple items to get the additional discounts, but if you took away the individual products from the MICK bundle, there was what, three other products to choose from? That would have been a perfect time to "double-up" on new releases.

Then again, a lot of us have gotten some super deals in the wee hours of a DAZ morning, thanks to the glitches, er... gargantuan job of getting the site to support all the various sales promos and discounts.
    angel

L'Adair said:

Well, if it's any consolation to DAZ, I wasn't going to get Centaur 7 because I couldn't afford him right now... so whatever glitch reduced the price is the only reason they got the sale. I would have waited until they came up with some great promo, probably paid even less, and used one of my coupons to boot! So in my case, they still made more money from me than they would have otherwise.
    laugh

I'm sorry it was a glitch, though, and that more of you didn't get him while he was at that price.

I wasn't going to buy him either, having no use for a centaur. But I couldn't pass up the lowered price. I'm still sad about them yanking the male base figures though, especially since they're in the graphic. Wishing I had stayed up to buy them when I first saw the sale...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    edited April 2017
    L'Adair said:

laugh

I wasn't going to buy him either, having no use for a centaur. But I couldn't pass up the lowered price. I'm still sad about them yanking the male base figures though, especially since they're in the graphic. Wishing I had stayed up to buy them when I first saw the sale...

Also missed the Centaur 7 deal. Not a good day for me

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • @L'Adair: Same here. Was completely willing to pass on the Centaur. Was willing to ignore the heavily discounted (for owners of Centraur) products on the following day. And so on. Now I ended up with the Centaur, the Machine Materials and even Lola and her Son as Deep Seas efforts with different types of figures just need to be encouraged. Heck I even got an old V4 hair from my wishlist. Damn addiction! 

This discussion has been closed.