Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    Greybro said:

Umm, yeah the 80% tesla stacking thing is not working even though it's right there on the banner. :(

All the banner promises is 80% off on Elegant Dining; not the whole catalog.

edited April 2017
    Llynara said:

And...this is why I don't post here as often. Too many times I post a good deal and BAM! It's gone pretty quickly. Ridiculous. 

Uthgard said:

Not trying to bash on Tesla or anything, but I remember buying his lecture hall and having some real trouble trying to make it work with figures in the scene. It wasn't just a matter of scaling either: it was impossible to have a figure seated without something weird happenning (not touching the back of the seat, having the integrated desk go through the thighs or the feet being nowhere near the ground). As a background image, it works. but it is nowhere near a functional scene and I was wondering if other products had the same isaues. Does anybody know if the newest pieces work as intended? What are your experiences?

I bought a couple of his items and though they are very nice, I noticed that there aren't that many actual items in the sets at all. I was trying to turn the banners off in The Great Hall. You can't. It's part of the wall textures, which makes it very hard to kitbash. On the other hand, the sets render fast. It's a trade off. You might be able to go into the surfaces and set opacity to zero on some things to make them disappear. I didn't dig into it too much when I looked at it. The Tesla sets are beautiful, I just wish they were a little easier to customize.

Did you mean that Tesla3D or PerspectX sets don't have many items?  Great Hall is a PerspectX item.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    avxp said:

I can't belive they took that down! That must be a mistake.

They can't do that. Put the guy's stuff on sale and then take it off. 

The add says so....

What would be the point of putting his stuff on sale, then?

Actually they can.

It is annoying as hell though; I mean they could do a better job of checking if they wanted to.

I have, as an example, WAMP installed on this comp, which allows me to run various SQL and server side 'stuff'; I can use it to make sure stuff works as intended. Stuff does get through occasionally, but I'm pretty damn sure decent checking would prevent most.

I buy less and wait for larger discounts instead of enjoying the shopping process.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2017
    Llynara said:

And...this is why I don't post here as often. Too many times I post a good deal and BAM! It's gone pretty quickly. Ridiculous. 

Uthgard said:

Not trying to bash on Tesla or anything, but I remember buying his lecture hall and having some real trouble trying to make it work with figures in the scene. It wasn't just a matter of scaling either: it was impossible to have a figure seated without something weird happenning (not touching the back of the seat, having the integrated desk go through the thighs or the feet being nowhere near the ground). As a background image, it works. but it is nowhere near a functional scene and I was wondering if other products had the same isaues. Does anybody know if the newest pieces work as intended? What are your experiences?

I bought a couple of his items and though they are very nice, I noticed that there aren't that many actual items in the sets at all. I was trying to turn the banners off in The Great Hall. You can't. It's part of the wall textures, which makes it very hard to kitbash. On the other hand, the sets render fast. It's a trade off. You might be able to go into the surfaces and set opacity to zero on some things to make them disappear. I didn't dig into it too much when I looked at it. The Tesla sets are beautiful, I just wish they were a little easier to customize.

Did you mean that Tesla3D or PerspectX sets don't have many items?  Great Hall is a PerspectX item.I'

Ah, sorry. I'm getting those two PAs confused AND the product. It was Royal Hall with Royal Chairs by PerspectX. Check out the list of items in there. It's pretty small for the amount of things that appear in the scene. Many are textures only. I checked, and it looks like I only have Tesla's Rural Kitchen, which I haven't loaded yet. Sorry for the confusion!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

When there's a special stacking sale that someone notices, whoever finds it should send an IM to a designated ringleader, who then sends the message out to the usual suspects here. I wouldn't want to volunteer anyone. But it seems like the only way for this to work. Or maybe we could set up a group in google that we all have access to, and then we can post sales stackings. Maybe create a google doc that is shared? Any thoughts?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

DSDT said:

When there's a special stacking sale that someone notices, whoever finds it should send an IM to a designated ringleader, who then sends the message out to the usual suspects here. I wouldn't want to volunteer anyone. But it seems like the only way for this to work. Or maybe we could set up a group in google that we all have access to, and then we can post sales stackings. Maybe create a google doc that is shared? Any thoughts?

Skype groups are popular, with membership restrictions in place- aka, you have to know someone. Many groups don't take new members, so starting your own group would probably be the best thing. 

We've mentioned several times NOT to post these type of things on the forums. It only takes a few minutes to look at the scrolling banner sections and see who has stores in more than one. That's what I do. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Novica said:

We've mentioned several times NOT to post these type of things on the forums. It only takes a few minutes to look at the scrolling banner sections and see who has stores in more than one. That's what I do. 

Yeah, sorry about that. :-/ It seemed like a legitimate stacking sale, just like the ones we used to have and discuss all the time not too long ago. :-/

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2017
    DSDT said:

1) Rongleader? Suspects? LOL... Anyway, it isn't just because we share it here that DAZ finds and negates these "deals"—though by now I wouldn't be surprised if there is a DAZ employee watching this thread so they can "fix" any unintended stacking—but they can see it in the sales, too. That probably takes a bit longer, but the "fixes" would be in place within a few hours, in any event.

2) Finding all those stacking deals can be a lot of fun, but the PAs take a big hit when things sell for a larger discount than they were expecting. It's kind of hard to feel bad for DAZ when these things happen as it is in DAZ's control. But the PAs have no control over when their new products are released, and when DAZ makes a mistake, it's the PAs bottom line that is hurt the most.

3) If DAZ puts a stop to any and all unintended stacking discounts, shopping here becomes less of a game, and customers, (me!) will be less likely to overspend their budget to take advantage of hugh discounts. And if shopping cart jenga comes to an end, customers, (me, again,) will spend less time shopping and more time rendering products we/I already have.

I believe DAZ marketing needs to do a better job of scheduling these sales so there aren't any unintended stacking discounts.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    Ati said:
    Novica said:

Yeah, sorry about that. :-/ It seemed like a legitimate stacking sale, just like the ones we used to have and discuss all the time not too long ago. :-/

It was. DAZ had to modify the existing "Unbelievably Hot" sale to negate their own mistake. I'm pretty sure had they waited one more day to put up Tesla3dcorp's sale/new release, there wouldn't have been the overlap, and we wouldn't be having this discussion!
    laugh

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

I think it's very clear that they have multiple staff watch this thread. And that's just common sense on their part from a business standpoint.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

I agree with L'Adair. I'm sure daz has access to real time sales statistics. They can spot 'abnormal' stacking discounts with or without this thread. Posting here may help notify them, but I doubt it's any faster than their real time sales numbers.

As for the PAs, well, I'm not sure how much this particular one hurt them. I figured it was legit, so I bought two trigger items i would have NEVER purchased otherwise. Also bought a few of the tesla items. Probably would've never puchased those either because I'm trying to get good at building rooms.

But the sale was good enough to where I figured I might use them in future so it was worthwhile. So in that sense, the PA got sales he/she wouldn't have otherwise.

I can see both sides of the discussion tho, valid points each.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    L'Adair said:

But the PAs have no control over when their new products are released, and when DAZ makes a mistake, it's the PAs bottom line that is hurt the most.

If we take today's sale, I'm all out of store credits after MM. But this seemed like a good enough deal to try to pull some strings and get a hundred bucks from somewhere quickly. That would have been $50-$60 for the PA. With the sale removed, I have not bought anything.

Anyway, I seem to be in a negative mood today, which I don't like... :D So back to being positive... There's always another sale... :)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited April 2017

Looks like it's already been said. So ...Edited comment. 

In other news:

heartHAPPY EASTER! heart

Post edited by 3Diva on
    Ati said:
    L'Adair said:

But the PAs have no control over when their new products are released, and when DAZ makes a mistake, it's the PAs bottom line that is hurt the most.

If we take today's sale, I'm all out of store credits after MM. But this seemed like a good enough deal to try to pull some strings and get a hundred bucks from somewhere quickly. That would have been $50-$60 for the PA. With the sale removed, I have not bought anything.

Anyway, I seem to be in a negative mood today, which I don't like... :D So back to being positive... There's always another sale... :)

I was thinking of the long run when giving DSDT my thoughts on his suggestion.

Like you, if the deal is spectacular, I'll buy things I never would have otherwise, (like RDNA products for generation 4 for under $1 each.) But there are also times when a stacking deal allows me to pick up a few items on my wishlist for less than I was expecting to pay. Most of the items in my wishlist, especially the new items, are there so I can be sure to pick them up in a 60% off Flash Sale somewhere down the line. I'm willing to pay 60% for them, but if I can pick them up at 80-95% off, I will. And when the greater discount is a mistake, the PA does lose money.

Whether or not the two scenarios cancel each other out for the PAs' bottom line is hard to tell. How do you quantify money not made when a sale is lost due to shopping cart jenga?

And... back to being positive!

Happy Bunny Day, everyone. I hope the bunny left you lots of goodies.
    Bunny icon from Skype

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662

I see Daz put http://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-skin-merchant-resource-bundle-for-genesis-3 back in the MM flash back sale after abruptly removing it last night,  30 mins before daz midnight I might add (just as I was about to purchase too). Its not discounting though, neither is another product or so.
    ​Can a mod report this please.

• HorusRa said:

I see Daz put http://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-skin-merchant-resource-bundle-for-genesis-3 back in the MM flash back sale after abruptly removing it last night,  30 mins before daz midnight I might add (just as I was about to purchase too). Its not discounting though, neither is another product or s

With the Hide Items I own unchecked, I not seeing anything with no discount.

edited April 2017
    HorusRa said:

I see Daz put http://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-skin-merchant-resource-bundle-for-genesis-3 back in the MM flash back sale after abruptly removing it last night,  30 mins before daz midnight I might add (just as I was about to purchase too). Its not discounting though, neither is another product or so.

I'm not seeing it in the MM 2016 Flashback sale: just in the Out of Touch and Riaya Bundle sale. And you need two of the New releases in that sale in order to get the 50% discount.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    HorusRa said:

I'm not seeing it in the MM 2016 Flashback sale: just in the Out of Touch and Riaya Bundle sale. And you need two of the New releases in that sale in order to get the 50% discount.

Thats odd.
    ​I signed out and then back in, refreshed, and its showing on the main 2016 MM flashback sale, but when you actually go into the sale it's not showing.

2016 MM Flashbk.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M

It was for sure on sale last night, and then 30 mins before daz midnight the price went to full, then it disappeared altogether. Now its back on the main page but not in the actual sale pages.

Grrrrrr.

HorusRa said:

Thats odd.
    ​I signed out and then back in, refreshed, and its showing on the main 2016 MM flashback sale, but when you actually go into the sale it's not showing.

There are several items listed on the sales page, without a discount. These items were removed from the associated sales page when it was discovered they stacked with another promo. They should have also removed them from the sales page, but they didn't. Here is the snippet of source code from the main promo page:

<div class="page_content"><ul id="slab2" class="daz-slab" data-products="24041,29261,23142,29263,24377,30790,24039,24294,24445,30771,29274,24228,23900,29319,24261,30792,24192,29268,24199,24373,24253,24309,29265,24396,24278,24149,24325,24191,24079,30783,23140,24358,24474,24338,24115,24151,24288,24258,24500,24193,24281,24268"></ul></div>

The numbers are the SKUs of the featured sale items. An argument can be made for getting the advertised discount because they are listed on the main promo page directly under offer. You can handle it one of three ways. 1) Say "screw it" and don't buy anything. 2) Put in a ticket to customer service with screenshots of the main sales page and the complete source code of the sales page, tell them which items you wanted to purchase, and ask them let you purchase those products at the sales price. If you do this, be sure and get the sales ticket in while the sale is still current. 3) Put the items in your cart that you want, pay for them at whatever price the cart shows, and put in a ticket to DAZ Customer service along with the screenshots mentioned above. Ask for a refund of the difference. Also let them know you wamt a full refund if they can't/won't refund the difference. If you don't use store credit to make the purchase, be sure and ask the money be refunded to the original payment source.

Oh, yeah... A fourth option, of course, is to wait for another sale...

And if you're trying to combine the two offers, be sure the items in you cart qualify for both offers...

L'Adair said:
    HorusRa said:

Oh, yeah... A fourth option, of course, is to wait for another sale...

And if you're trying to combine the two offers, be sure the items in you cart qualify for both offers...

I'll take the 4th, it's ok no big deal. I've been waiting to get the growing up skin merchant product for a while.
    ​It was on the sale last night in the 2016 MM flashback sale, had it in the cart with several other items which I was trying to decide upon, and then around 11:20 central time just as I was nearing checkout, it and a few other items shot to full price and the buy 2 get 65% off did not work for it anymore. Sad, kinda been waiting for the skin merchant bundle to go on a good sale for a while. Had Daz left the sale going till right about midnight (as is normal, generally, haha) I would have gotten it too. smiley​ Oh, well, as we say; theres always another sale.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I might say you were crazy if you think no one pays attention to trends. When I was interested in selling stuff, I at least knew to put things on sale on Fridays. Payday. There's also a tremendous amount of studies like when to tweet, when to blog when to..when to...and to think someone whose main business is a store...cares about buying habits and customer feedback.  The hard-to-measure blow back is not about where your budget goes, I don't think a store cares THAT much what you spend on, but a PA might. See, if there's a run on let's say POSES and they stacked crazy- no one is buying poses for a while. That could affect the next PA selling in that category.

Or the next time that specific PA tries to go on sale , but you/we already cleaned him out at blowout prices.

All the business rules are in effect. First come, first serve. For weeks we've been watching that green monster coming out. Patiently waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I bought TWO other monster type figures.I'm not that excited anymore. Will I get it- probably- to support and to basically keep my word. BUT that fever has been tempered.

After getting FaceGen I said I would never get a figure again.That was actually my most problematic area since I felt I needed lots of people. Turns out I'm not done buying people, but I have to really have an interest or there needs to be a significant bundle-discount incentive. For a MAIN character, I would pay almost (and have) pay full price. Now, nothing over $8.95. lol

That MICK killed any interest in castle sets.

My monies are going somewhere--

Daz shouldn't care, but the PAs should.

Ati said:
    Novica said:

Ati, sorry that seemed directed at you, it wasn't. It was referencing "these type of things" meaning stacking. Who knows when it's supposed to stack and when it isn't. Sometimes I get deals I'm not supposed to have, but with all the complication (when you start have three or four different scenarios in ONE page, and a couple other qualifiers in another page...) you just don't know if that wow deal is even a glitch. How are we supposed to know when it's on purpose and when it's not, except for extreme cases?  So yes, totally agree with you, we discuss them and THEN find out it was a glitch? So not cool. Daz should leave it alone. 

• mrinalmrinal Posts: 641
    edited April 2017
    DSDT said:

... or maybe we could set up a group in google that we all have access to, and then we can post sales stackings. Maybe create a google doc that is shared? Any thoughts?

I second that. Even the notification feature of the forum is pretty limited. It just says that this thread has new post but doesn't exactly tell me what, and it stops notifying further unless I visit this thread. Considering that not all discussions in this thread aren't exactly relevant to the topic and I am not logged into my PC all the time nor do I find it convenient to browse the forums on my phone. I believe an email based notification with actual message content posted (Google groups) could help some folks like me. We can PM each other to set up the group considering that a public discussion here soliciting membership to an independent external group may not be acceptable. Count me in.

Post edited by mrinal on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

I need help with my DazMath:  I've got 3 of the new item from the new promo in my cart, the way I'm figuring the math I should get the new Stonemason set for 13.58, but it's showing at $19.41.  Is that correct, or are the discounts not stacking correctly? 

dragotx said:

I need help with my DazMath:  I've got 3 of the new item from the new promo in my cart, the way I'm figuring the math I should get the new Stonemason set for 13.58, but it's showing at $19.41.  Is that correct, or are the discounts not stacking correctly? 

It's correct. With three items, you get an additional 25% off the sale price. $25.87 x .75 (you pay 75% of that price) is indeed $19.40

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    Novica said:
    dragotx said:

It's correct. With three items, you get an additional 25% off the sale price. $25.87 x .75 (you pay 75% of that price) is indeed $19.40

Ok, thanks.  I swear math is the root of all evil and has a personal vendetta against me, I'm actually kinda surprised I was right the first time.

If it says something like "an additional X% off" you take it from the sale price. Sometimes they have an * with a message like "replaces the 30%" so that would be be whatever the higher percentage is but off the full price.  What I hate is when there is  one *  or then there's the ++, etc. Sheesh.

There are three Stonemason items in the MM Flash Back sale and they are currently stacking with today's Featured Artist Catalog offers:

• Buy 2 “abandoned” New Releases to Get 50% OFF Featured Artist Catalogs*¥
    • Or buy 3 or more “abandoned” New Releases to Get 60% OFF Featured Artist Catalogs*¥

I'm guessing DAZ will remove them from the MM Flash Back sale soon, but if you hurry, you can get up to 86% off...

• MendomanMendoman Posts: 400

Maybe it's just me, but have those "buy any new item" deals completely vanished from promotions? I passionately hate it, when there's nice new items in different promotions, and extra discounts are separated. There's rarely enough items I'd like to buy in one promotion, and then I just lose my interest because 30% off is nothing in DAZland. Good example is MICK bundle sale, which only has 3 other items in the sale. I'd really love to have that bundle, but nothing else in that promotion interests me. Now if I could buy new stonemason set, or whatever other new release to get that 40% off deal, I'd be much more interested. As far as I understand, it should be pretty much the same for Faveral or Stonemason from which PA I buy that other item, and they are probably already aware of the possibility that customers might get 40% off instead 30% off from their new release. Now I just probably wait until their new items lose new status, and get them for 50-60% off later. I'm ok with those category related offers from old products being tied to single category, but why that 40% off from new releases is also? I understand that DAZ tries to milk some extra money with this kind of deals, and sell some not so hot products in the process, but I don't think this method is really any good for top selling PAs or us customers.

This discussion has been closed.