Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    L'Adair said:

Seems to me the next "event" sale will be the PA Festival in September, followed immediately by the PC Anniversary Sale. Lots of daily sales in the meantime. Some of those can be better than the event sales, especially when vendors are featured in more than one current sale where a purchase is required to get the discount. Those can stack and create some really sweet discounts.

Yeah, the smaller events are better than the bigger events sometimes. I think the Memorial Day weekend sale last year was really good, for me at least, I remember being able to get a lot of stuff on my wishlist for really cheap.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I agree. Isn't there a summer sale, which usually features tropics, vacations, summer outfits themes? That's in late May/June? I'm going to go look at my late May/June in Product Library last year and see if it triggers a memory. And Genesis 4 is probably released this summer. (shoot me.) 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Okay, looking at my May 9-24th orders-  summer related on quite a few, but still had weapons, bedrooms, characters. Last year  Kimo was released, plus his characters, then other items were on sale or new- Sandy Getaway, Vintage Hot Dog Cart, Tiki Torches,  Backyard Pergola, The Resort Pool, Garden Outfit (Gen3F), Ron's Underwater Air,  Kalea 7, etc. So get ready for the summer sale(s) which are usually a lot of fun. (heaven help our wallets.) 

• Damn, did not see this coming. Was betting my library on the release of a new Pro Bundle after yesterdays "Ophelia-gate" and was hoping for some kind of orange banner. Was planned to be my last purchase for a while due to heavy MM spendings.

Now it's a sale which just provides bigger discounts of PA catalogs the more you buy. A little bit of a let-down after all catalogs being discounted just last Sunday. On the other side it's another Real Fit outfit, which I like for the interaction with the figure. And another ironman-bundle which I tend to collect. And another nice figure from a new vendor which always is a nice addition.

Really should see a doctor regarding that DAZ-addiction.

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    edited April 2017

Hey, there's another really good round of freebies today.  There are a couple of G2F items...outfits, not just textures.  So, happy to see that after all the spending, :)

PS...In spite of no crazy MM event like the under a dollar stuff before Christmas, I got a whole lot of - this is important - Genesis 3 and other current items for 60-70% off, and often 80%.  Plus, I got a few current Pro Bundles that really brought more savings.  That last weekend event, my cart was all over the place.  But, on average, I got a bunch of stuff for 70-80% off.  And, I got about 5 current freebies from the MM giveaways.  So while on the surface, MM seemed kind of tame.  Overall, I got a lot for my money.  True, it was a lot of shopping cart Jenga.  But, I did have a lot of fun with it and ended up spending a bit less than I did for the Christmas sale - where I put tons of cheap, old items in my cart.

A lot of those older items are really nice.  But, they will require some effort to update and adapt to G3 and G2 (which I use 99% of the time).  So really, getting a good deal on up to date items is better for me in the end.  I have a ton of cool old V4 items, that I haven't even looked at since I bought them.  I'll still buy them on sale...because, what the heck....   Realistically, I'll get a lot more use out of the box, of newer items.

Anyway, I'm just weighing in after all the complaints about MM.  It really was a pretty good sale for me.

Now, what I need to do is organize my runtime so I can actually make use of all this stuff.  What I want to do is have everything categorized by type...especially clothing, so I can update any older V4 stuff to duf so it will show up as G2 and G3 clothing, instead of having to search it out in the Poser formats directory.

Post edited by cdpro_2831bbd990 on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Brugan said:

So based on past trends, what's the next big sale?

Random store glitches. laugh

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I think it's 19%.  

PaintDog said:
    jakiblue said:

Holy cow, you have been SPENDING!!! LOL. I've been here since 2006 and my "full price value" is only 5 figures. I am hopeless with math tho so can't figure out what my actual spending percentage is, but let's just say it's MUCH LOWER than the total value. LOL.

Full price divided by price paid, then divide 100 by the number you got from that calculation and you get your % paid 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I still keep expecting the page to jump when the bonus buyer banner pops up. laugh

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    L'Adair said:

Seems to me the next "event" sale will be the PA Festival in September, followed immediately by the PC Anniversary Sale. Lots of daily sales in the meantime. Some of those can be better than the event sales, especially when vendors are featured in more than one current sale where a purchase is required to get the discount. Those can stack and create some really sweet discounts.

I just can't help think that the next sale promo is, 'Get Your Genesis 4 Female' in conjunction with, 'with these new features' here.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

I'm told that DAZ are still trying to decide whether they should run a March Madness after-sale called Spring Sadness, or whether they'll just wait for June or July to launch the Give Us The Rest Of Your Money and Have You Checked Under The Couch Cushions? There Are Probably Some Quarters There sales.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited April 2017
    Ati said:

I still keep expecting the page to jump when the bonus buyer banner pops up. laugh

Reminds me of when I upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 2000, took me several months to get rid of that constant nerve-wracking "when will it crash" feeling.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I'm told that DAZ are still trying to decide whether they should run a March Madness after-sale called Spring Sadness, or whether they'll just wait for June or July to launch the Give Us The Rest Of Your Money and Have You Checked Under The Couch Cushions? There Are Probably Some Quarters There sales.

LMAO! I love these sale titles!

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500

They should definitely have a "Check The Couch Cushions" sale, and put low-selling, relatively low-cost items for a quarter each.

I'm sure they can make quite a few sales like that ;)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    mtl1 said:

They should definitely have a "Check The Couch Cushions" sale, and put low-selling, relatively low-cost items for a quarter each.

I'm sure they can make quite a few sales like that ;)

But you might have to buy expensive new releases to qualify.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    nicstt said:
    L'Adair said:

I just can't help think that the next sale promo is, 'Get Your Genesis 4 Female' in conjunction with, 'with these new features' here.

But Genesis x has always been a free release. It is only the characters that go with it that DAZ has been charging for. Did you maybe mean a "Get your Victoria 8" ?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Only in part, as they will want folks (I presume) to adopt a new release; if you don't adopt G4, you can't adopt any of the additions.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Even if I'm going to buy into Genesis 4 and additions (and that is a very big IF), it looks as if I need to buy a new harddisk (and backup disk) first - there's still some room on there, but not all that much...

Untitled-1.jpg
    265 x 77 - 17K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I thought this was the sale thread, not the character speculations thread.   

Yes, Mum!

edited April 2017
    Nath said:

Even if I'm going to buy into Genesis 4 and additions (and that is a very big IF), it looks as if I need to buy a new harddisk (and backup disk) first - there's still some room on there, but not all that much...

I had to move my entire DAZ library to an external drive. I'm guessing a lot of people do, because 3D content is a space hog. Now mine's on a 5TB drive right now (around $100 on Amazon.) Might have to add another at some point just for the DIM, that thing is a hog too. (And yes, I try to keep downloaded copies of every item I buy. It's a thing.)

Post edited by Llynara on
    Llynara said:
    Nath said:

I had to move my entire DAZ library to an external drive. I'm guessing a lot of people do, because 3D content is a space hog. Now mine's on a 5TB drive right now (around $100 on Amazon.) Might have to add another at some point just for the DIM, that thing is a hog too. (And yes, I try to keep downloaded copies of every item I buy. It's a thing.)

This already is an external drive... The good thing is that if I move to a two or three TB drive for my DAZ content, this drive can take other stuff that's getting a bit tight...

It's like the old "I don't have too many books, I have too few bookshelves" conundrum smiley

Hee hee, I never have enough book shelves!

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    Llynara said:
    Nath said:

You know what these forums could use? A walkthrough on moving all of your digital content to an external drive and redirecting DAZ to it! Hint-hint... :D 

Because I've got about 27GB freeof 256GB on my Surface Pro 4 - and moving my DAZ content library somewhere else would go a log way toward helping me out there. 

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

This post might help. When I read it a few weeks ago, the advice seemed legit:

https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/155746/moving-runtime-from-hd-to-external-hd

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    nicstt said:
    L'Adair said:

Hmmmm .... I'll go out on a limb and agree, and add even more speculation to your speculation. The next big sale will be associated with the release of the next generation figure (Genesis 4?), and DS 5.x. It's been over 3 months now with no new release of the DS beta, which is a bit unusual .......so wild speculation dictates that there is a new version of DS on the way, which would have to have new tech, a new figure, and of course a big introductory sale (or not laugh).

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    DustRider said:
    nicstt said:
    L'Adair said:

Hmmmm .... I'll go out on a limb and agree, and add even more speculation to your speculation. The next big sale will be associated with the release of the next generation figure (Genesis 4?), and DS 5.x. It's been over 3 months now with no new release of the DS beta, which is a bit unusual .......so wild speculation dictates that there is a new version of DS on the way, which would have to have new tech, a new figure, and of course a big introductory sale (or not laugh).

DAZ is working on Beta 4.9.4, but it's still in Private Build. Here's a link to the change log: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_build_channel. It's nice to be able to glimpse at what they are working on, but there is no way to tell when the next beta version will be released into Public Build...

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    Toonces said:

This post might help. When I read it a few weeks ago, the advice seemed legit:

https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/155746/moving-runtime-from-hd-to-external-hd

Thanks! Bookmarked! Now I just have to stop buying content so I can afford a big external drive. 

I want a 512GB MicroSD for my Surface. Of course, first they need to really start making 512GB MicroSDs, and then they need to become affordable. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713

DustRider said:
    nicstt said:
    L'Adair said:

And not backwards compatible with older content, and all older versions of DS will selfdestruct (render useless (pun intended)) at the end of the month. devil

• Llynara said:

Hee hee, I never have enough book shelves!

I've often said I can live in a small 1 bedroom house...provided there is a 5000 square foot warehouse in the back for all my stuff.  As much as I am a 3D content hoarder, I'm also a raw materials hoarder for my woodworking, scooters, and other projects.  I dream of a huge, well organized row after row of shelving so I can actually quickly see what I have and find it when I want it...instead of buying new stuff because it's just too much trouble to dig through and find what I already own.

• Anyone else having trouble with the cart?  I click on the icon on any item but it doesn't load into the cart.  Considering how much I've spent lately, that might not be a bad thing....

This discussion has been closed.