Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

That's how I have to look at it. The commercial license (barring game development) for every purchase is pretty much a no brainer at DAZ sale prices. I have used these items on book covers and promos, and will do so for a very long time. My runtime does need to start paying for itself a little more though. I know I haven't made nearly as much as I've spent. Hopefully that will change soon. And then I'll probably spend more because I'm a dazaholic.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Old habits die hard.

Out of habit to check the new deals for March Madness  I woke up at 2:30am (12:30 DAZ time).  Nope, nothing special today.

I did the same thing - but I felt like... "I can't really tell the difference between today's NON-MARCH MADNESS sale and the actual March Madness Sale, except that I don't have a MM bonus banner." 

Instead of "Always Another Sale" this one was "JUST another sale." :) 

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755
    edited April 2017

Please go back to Orcs....please......

That new alien/monster is incredible.

Love the ruins modular set....

A ton of winners today...

And fastgrab will probably switch over today too.....

The chest harnesses are nice, but that's too much for an accessory item. That's for kit bashing. Maybe it should have come with something to harness like guns or tools or such....

Post edited by Griffin Avid on

There are some very nice releases today, but I'm tapped out. That wishlist will be growing for a while.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Holy cow, you have been SPENDING!!! LOL. I've been here since 2006 and my "full price value" is only 5 figures. I am hopeless with math tho so can't figure out what my actual spending percentage is, but let's just say it's MUCH LOWER than the total value. LOL.  

Llynara said:

YESSS...surprise

I have 136 pages in my product library and my first purchase was Dec 3, 2015. I just looked in DIM and I have about 5000 items installed to a large external hard drive and another 2000 I haven't downloaded. I think I need to start shopping in my runtime! 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited April 2017
    Llynara said:

There are some very nice releases today, but I'm tapped out. That wishlist will be growing for a while.

Me, too. I still have a little store credit; but I'm a little tired of shopping and have a lot of MM items I haven't used yet. So, I'm just putting stuff in my new wishlist.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • UlfrunUlfrun Posts: 35
    edited April 2017

Wow, that chrome plugin really goes a long way to fixing the store. Shame I can't filter out pc+ items in store view though.

Finally got the totals to work by unchecking and rechecking, oh my gods... where on earth did I get the money from? I spent 5 digits and own 130k/135k worth of content in 8 years? 0.o

Guess I better start rendering more often.

(edit- missed 100k off my totals) 

Post edited by Ulfrun on
  • UlfrunUlfrun Posts: 35
    jakiblue said:

Holy cow, you have been SPENDING!!! LOL. I've been here since 2006 and my "full price value" is only 5 figures. I am hopeless with math tho so can't figure out what my actual spending percentage is, but let's just say it's MUCH LOWER than the total value. LOL.

Full price divided by price paid, then divide 100 by the number you got from that calculation and you get your % paid 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Llynara said:

YESSS...surprise

I have 136 pages in my product library and my first purchase was Dec 3, 2015. I just looked in DIM and I have about 5000 items installed to a large external hard drive and another 2000 I haven't downloaded. I think I need to start shopping in my runtime! 

Well, that should keep you busy!  Happy rendering! 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    Llynara said:

YESSS...surprise

You're fast. I have 272 pages / 10868 products, since 2008. That does include all the stuff imported from RDNA, though that isn't that much - 632 products.

I know people who have purchased a lot more though.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

Old habits die hard.

Out of habit to check the new deals for March Madness  I woke up at 2:30am (12:30 DAZ time).  Nope, nothing special today.

I did the same thing - but I felt like... "I can't really tell the difference between today's NON-MARCH MADNESS sale and the actual March Madness Sale, except that I don't have a MM bonus banner." 

I was thinking the same thing...

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500

Hey cool, there's a flash sale now... but what on earth happened to Hongyu's catalogue? o_o?

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

I look at the Flash sale and I feel all shopped out...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    mtl1 said:

Hey cool, there's a flash sale now... but what on earth happened to Hongyu's catalogue? o_o?

Was wondering the same thing

Nath said:

true, but happy to have regular sales back though

Novica said:
    Llynara said:

YESSS...surprise

I'm really curious what yours would say! I think you're the content queen and probably have us all beat! wink

PaintDog said:

Wow, that chrome plugin really goes a long way to fixing the store. Shame I can't filter out pc+ items in store view though.

Finally got the totals to work by unchecking and rechecking, oh my gods... where on earth did I get the money from? I spent 5 digits and own 130k/135k worth of content in 8 years? 0.o

Guess I better start rendering more often.

(edit- missed 100k off my totals) 

You can come join me over here in the corner of shame/shock/amazment. I've got chocolate and wine! 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I have not looked.  I really do NOT want to know how much I've spent over the last two and a half years.  Although, I do have to say that I was forced to cut my spending dramatically this past year so I'm guessing it might not be as bad as I suspect.  Still, I'm not looking.

WOW!  This thread is 88 pages already and well out distancing the 'Complaint' thread which started a few days before this one.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

WOW!  This thread is 88 pages already and well out distancing the 'Complaint' thread which started a few days before this one.

It's better to talk about the sales than to complain. laugh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Ah but the complaint thread, as a whole, is more than 10 years old

Chohole said:

Ah but the complaint thread, as a whole, is more than 10 years old

I was just comparing the current incarnation of each of the two threads.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500
    mtl1 said:

Was wondering the same thing

Nath said:

true, but happy to have regular sales back though

Hey, Hongyu's catalogue is back :)

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

There is a complaint thread? 

I mean, really... I whine every now and then... but I really can't complain. My biggest complaints are... "The sale wasn't BIG enough! The discounts weren't DEEP enough! It only made me spend a LITTLE money instead of A LOT! Waaaaah! There wasn't ENOUGH free stuff!!! The LAST sale was so much BETTER!" 

Heh. First world problems indeed. They expect me to pay 30% of retail price for my digital content and they're not filling my cart with boatloads of free stuff every day?!? I'm so disappointed! 

:D 

Llynara said:
    Novica said:
    Llynara said:

YESSS...surprise

I'm really curious what yours would say! I think you're the content queen and probably have us all beat! wink

Well, shopping for me was frankly fun as I was pretty strategic on those punch sales so I stayed at the top tier throughout all of them. That meant some products were 70% to 80% off at times. I also was a HUGE V4 scoop-em-up when they had products at (yes) .99 cents or less in the 2012-2013 timeframe, I can't remember which year it was. That and as a newbie, I scooped up most of the PC content.

I've been shopping a year and four months longer than you have so that's my excuse, in addition to having a focus of showcasing products for my enjoyment, so yes, I'm a bit out there.  You'll catch up though, I have no doubt! Lol, I'll keep pointing things out on my thread and saying "Oh Llynara, this one is calling your name...and this one...and..."  I need to drag everyone else down with me, that's my goal as you know.

I also admire folks who are more strategic and buy only what they think they will use, but I'd like to bring something up. I think a lot of us buy things to render and show on the forums, and discuss them for a social experience. So hopefully when someone posts a render, folks will remember to chat about it. I'm not referring to my thread, it's always busy, but some of the Art Studio threads over there have some really neat renders that largely go un-chit-chatted. I don't surf the galleries (absolutely no time, I can't even get through the forums) but if you see something you like in the galleries, please like it, that only takes a second. Comment if you have time, it really means a lot to the artist. Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a thread. Okay, click here! 

Novica said:
    Llynara said:
    Novica said:
    Llynara said:

YESSS...surprise

Well, shopping for me was frankly fun as I was pretty strategic on those punch sales so I stayed at the top tier throughout all of them. That meant some products were 70% to 80% off at times. I also was a HUGE V4 scoop-em-up when they had products at (yes) .99 cents or less in the 2012-2013 timeframe, I can't remember which year it was. That and as a newbie, I scooped up most of the PC content.

I've been shopping a year and four months longer than you have so that's my excuse, in addition to having a focus of showcasing products for my enjoyment, so yes, I'm a bit out there.  You'll catch up though, I have no doubt! Lol, I'll keep pointing things out on my thread and saying "Oh Llynara, this one is calling your name...and this one...and..."  I need to drag everyone else down with me, that's my goal as you know.

I also admire folks who are more strategic and buy only what they think they will use, but I'd like to bring something up. I think a lot of us buy things to render and show on the forums, and discuss them for a social experience. So hopefully when someone posts a render, folks will remember to chat about it. I'm not referring to my thread, it's always busy, but some of the Art Studio threads over there have some really neat renders that largely go un-chit-chatted. I don't surf the galleries (absolutely no time, I can't even get through the forums) but if you see something you like in the galleries, please like it, that only takes a second. Comment if you have time, it really means a lot to the artist. Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a thread. Okay, click here! 

LOL! You do it so well, Novica! I don't know how many things I've skipped over until I've seen them on your thread and then had to go back and buy them. 

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

So based on past trends, what's the next big sale?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Seems to me the next "event" sale will be the PA Festival in September, followed immediately by the PC Anniversary Sale. Lots of daily sales in the meantime. Some of those can be better than the event sales, especially when vendors are featured in more than one current sale where a purchase is required to get the discount. Those can stack and create some really sweet discounts.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I do really like the chat aspect, I admit. I spend more time on the forums than I should but sometimes the megathreads seem a little overwhelming. I know it took me forever to really venture into Novica's useful thread and that was after getting tons and tons of useful hits via google search.

edited April 2017

I do really like the chat aspect, I admit. I spend more time on the forums than I should but sometimes the megathreads seem a little overwhelming. I know it took me forever to really venture into Novica's useful thread and that was after getting tons and tons of useful hits via google search.

I feel that way about the GenX thread. It's too bogged down with solutions scattered throughout. That's why (as I know you know, you use it) I put a References link the second post of my latest thread. It covers the previous seven threads plus some from Commons that relate to the topic. I linked it here in case some folks didn't know it was there. (And yep, it links to a post that covers GenX topics, all in one tidy spot.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    L'Adair said:

Seems to me the next "event" sale will be the PA Festival in September, followed immediately by the PC Anniversary Sale.

I'm getting less and less sure of that each year. IMHO the effect of the "big three" sales are getting diluted a bit by some of the special events that pop up in the rotating banners now and then. It's not quite so bad this year so far, but last year I was definitely getting a bit of "sale fatigue".

This discussion has been closed.