Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

My favorite casual everyday hair is FREE in this issue of Daz creative magazine. https://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_11 it's Lorelay hair by SWAM, sort of a messy bun thing, I used it here:

There are free textures in issue 13.....

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,511
    edited April 2017
    WandW said:

Is 'fall' the American word for 'hairpiece' then, or do Americans not know what it meant either? I thought 'fall' just meant 'autumn' in America. Over here it only means to drop, as in 'I participated in March Madness throughout the month and watched my bank balance fall' :)

I thought someone had mispelled 'false' as 'falls'...

oops my mistake

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

FYI, the Aslan Statues don't seem to be counting as a Still Mad item despite being listed...

My parents are barbers, they owned a barber/cosmetologist shop that I started working in at 12, and I have never heard of a fall in regards to hair. We called them hair extensions or weaves - in general white girls got extensions, black girls got weaves.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

In the late 60's, early 70's my sister's friends had these poufy hairdos that started about the middle of their head and the hair went up like a hill  for a bit and then down. For some reason, I always thought the fall was just something they stuck under their hair to make the back part of the hair raise up in a  pouf. I didn't realize it was a hair extension. I feel so naive now, lol.

In the late 60's, early 70's my sister's friends had these poufy hairdos that started about the middle of their head and the hair went up like a hill  for a bit and then down. For some reason, I always thought the fall was just something they stuck under their hair to make the back part of the hair raise up in a  pouf. I didn't realize it was a hair extension. I feel so naive now, lol.

I don't think anyone knew it was a hair extension, hence all the confusion, lol BTW my mom called the hairstyles your describing "bouffant" hairstyles, That word always made me laugh as a kid, no idea why, but I still think it's a fun word to say. 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

They might have used the word "bouffant" also... I wasn't interested enough to pay attention at that age. I just wondered why they worked so hard to make their hair stand up like that. They also did a lot of teasing. So, I was kinda like... You're rubbing a comb violently in the wrong direction through your hair; how much fun is it going to brush that out, because I assumed it had to be making some horrendous snarls.

I wonder if the DAZ models ever get tired of these types of hair styles. Perhaps they celebrated when Buzzed Hair and Shaved Hair came out. "Finally, DAZ, something easy to fix. Wash and wear!"

edited April 2017
    oops my mistake
    Aslan2.JPG
    827 x 242 - 27K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on

My parents are barbers, they owned a barber/cosmetologist shop that I started working in at 12, and I have never heard of a fall in regards to hair. We called them hair extensions or weaves - in general white girls got extensions, black girls got weaves.

Exactly ... and congrats on being featured in the newsletter!

ArtAngel said:

Exactly ... and congrats on being featured in the newsletter!

Thank you! It was cool, I didn't know that was part of winning the contest, I was just thrilled to get the $5 store credit, MM is tapping me out and every little bit helps! lol 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited April 2017

I got continuous errors when trying to check out shortly before the midnight update so I gave up and lost the 30% discounts on tutorials (doesn't work anymore).  Except for the rotating banners nothing seems to have changed, it's still the same as yesterday so I guess the store update went bonkers today.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Who is Tamara?  The new banner says get 10%off Tamara bundle with a new purchase but the store hasn't changed just the banners

• Hmmm...no new items coming up tonight....But, the banner's up.

Hmmm...no new items coming up tonight....But, the banner's up.

See my post above - the store is apparently messed up.

Well seems to have updated now...

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Is anyone else getting a payment error when attempting to check out?

edited April 2017
    Nath said:

I got several when trying to checkout before the midnight store update (I gave up), maybe it hasn't been fixed yet.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Well, the little teen is cute.  But, I just bought Mika.  And, I already own teen Leila...not sure if I need another teen bundle.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

There's also no BB freebie. They took down the Fantasy Room Interior, but they didn't replace it with anything. I'm still a MMBB for at least the next 7 hours, my last purchase was 2 days and 17 hours ago.. if I miss out on the next freebie because they don't post it until business hours I'll be pissed.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    DSDT said:

There's also no BB freebie. They took down the Fantasy Room Interior, but they didn't replace it with anything. I'm still a MMBB for at least the next 7 hours, my last purchase was 2 days and 17 hours ago.. if I miss out on the next freebie because they don't post it until business hours I'll be pissed.

I'm not seeing any Bonus Buyer freebie either. Maybe they ran out.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

My favorite casual everyday hair is FREE in this issue of Daz creative magazine. https://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_11 it's Lorelay hair by SWAM, sort of a messy bun thing, I used it here:

Thanks for posting that link, I started browsing through the other issues of DS Creative, there are lots of great freebies and excellent tutorials throughout nearly every issue. I wish I had heard of that before. It looks like the last issue was posted in August of 2016. Do you know if they stopped publishing it? I would pay for something like that. 

edited April 2017
    Nath said:

If you have used store credit, check if it has been used - I used partial store credit and credit card, and it used all my store credit despite the order didn't go through (my card wasn't charged though). Maybe they should rethink that procedure so store credit is not being debited before the order has been completed successfully.

Post edited by Taoz on
    Taozen said:
    Nath said:

If you have used store credit, check if it has been used - I used partial store credit and credit card, and it used all my store credit despite the order didn't go through (my card wasn't charged though). Maybe they should rethink that procedure so store credit is not being debited before the order has been completed successfully.

Okay, now the button apparently does nothing at all, but my credit card has been charged three times. Time to head over to Customer support.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2017

There is a dedicated thread  about the checkout problem.   It has been reported.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/160491/problem-checking-out

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:

There are at least 2 dedicated threads about the checkout problem.   It has been reported.

yeah, i reported it too;-)

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2017

Memo to Daz and the relevant PA: I actually like the look of the new teenaged girl character (especially in the email flyer, where they used a different set of images), but the decision to include and lead with a promo image of such a young-looking character making pouty-kissy-face expressions in a nonhumorous, nonironic way makes me uncomfortable. I wouldn't be buying today anyway, but due to this advertising tactic I am not wishlisting the character either. Thank you for your time.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 299
    edited April 2017

Maybe now that work week is over and my brain has moved to a weekend-mode, I'm missing something, but what is the point with today's Mad Offer?

Post edited by Eurocoin on
    edited April 2017

Banner says extra 10% off gift cards today with purchase of a new release.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

There is one Newly Mad item that doesn't show up for me; left column, middle row.  A page glitch?

DSDT said:

Thanks for posting that link, I started browsing through the other issues of DS Creative, there are lots of great freebies and excellent tutorials throughout nearly every issue. I wish I had heard of that before. It looks like the last issue was posted in August of 2016. Do you know if they stopped publishing it? I would pay for something like that. 

I know, right! It's sooo good! They talk about starting it up again, on the facebook page, but they all have a lot going on in their personal life at the moment I think.... I'm sure it was a lot of work to put together each month, it is really top quality.  

This discussion has been closed.