RRRR Contest - Lots of prizes!

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,135
    edited December 1969

And so to pull 3:

897 = Natural Curls
    472 = Sombre Raven M4
    874 = Liz Character and Hair
    452 = Dark Rites Bundle (DMR Lynette / DMR Lynettes Dark Nights / DMR Lynettes Dark Rites)

edited December 1969

Lots more being added, I see:

Kaputcha "And you second wish?" - that's really pretty, I love the colours.
    Totte "Corporate Goblin Lawyers" - wow, lots going on there! I wondered what had happened to the man's knees at first, till I realised he was the Bot!
    Ken OBanion "An American Family" - nice one, I like the expressions too.: Mum so resigned-looking, Dad (?) trying not to laugh...
    JK0011 "I hate homework" - they look really fed up!
    gopherus "3 Coins in the Fountain" - What a crazy gang! I love the steampunk girl's outfit texture.
    Luci45 "The Undertaker's Mountain Undertaking" - very dark and very funny!

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

And here's my draw for Round 5! (I need to start pacing myself - or get ready to do a lot of non-competes!)

1674 - Regency M4 Unimesh Fits
    1681 - Sensibility Expansion 2
    294 - Dream Home Front Drive
    569 - Lisa's Botanicals - Elephant Grass

Well, half of it makes sense. That's something, I suppose....

What can I say, something just clicked...! (And gentlemen, read your Jane Austen - you never know when it'll come in very handy ;-) )

Also used:
    Troy for Michael 4 (Head Morph and Texture)
    Christopher Textures for M4 Regency
    GQ Event Hair
    Andy Hair (I do seem to be partial to the Andy hair, don't I?)
    Heart of the Matter
    Woodland Realms Playset 1
    Coco for V4 (Head Morph and Texture)
    Lisa's Botanicals - Briar Rose (with Blood and Pitch texture)

Title: Assignation Behind the Garden

TAG: obanion#05
    RRRR_JanFeb2013_05.png
    800 x 600 - 667K
    edited December 1969

And now, for my penultimate draw (i.e., next-to-last, or Number 6, if you're counting)....

1553 - V4 Wizard Robe
    1368 - Great Room Breakfast Nook Poses
    1238 - Garden Pavilion
    1736 - Moody for Dark Moods

Okay, now they're just messin' with me...!

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

okay found time for pull #2

92 M4 Hero Pack
    97 M3 base
    131 Playground Set 1 poses
    132 Playground Set 2

I had an idea hit me after I finished my last entry. While these picks don't totally work for that idea, they are close enough for a variation. So let's see if I can do it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited January 2013

barbult said:
    Here is my second draw:
    Zenya
    Old Village Wishing Well
    Old West Undertakers Interior
    Mini Sub Triton

It's interesting that wells and undertakers are popping up in multiple people's random results. I hadn't used this well before, even though it is in my runtime. Turn's out it is a very nice model. I couldn't help but modify it a bit with Pimp my Prop, which I just got recently.

Also used:
    V4 and Genesis
    Gregoria Hair
    Jade hair
    50's Everyday skirt, blouse, shoes
    UR Trails (yes, I use this a lot)
    Ground from The Barn
    Mil Horse Unicorn and Unicorn Foal
    Cheyenne for V4 on doll
    Blanket from Reflections Furniture
    Red Truck Bizon
    The Fabricator
    Pimp my Prop
    Photoshop
    Ron's Sampler spider web

Edit: I showed this to my husband, and he didn't get it, so maybe some words of explanation are needed. (But I bet RRRR addicts get it without explanation.)

Toddler Little Vicky left her toys behind, climbed the crates and fell into the well. Little Vicky's mom thinks she is a goner, when the long haired blonde drives up in her red truck, ready to enter the well in her submarine to rescue Little Vicky.

Tag: barbult #2
    Title: Don't cry; I'll save Little Vicky!

RRRR_Well_Triton_Zenya_Undertaker_Interior_-_Dont_cry.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My first draw for this round:

Hiro Hair
    His N Her Mirrors
    Dashing Through the Snow
    FREAK 4 Rules

Not quite sure what this is going to be ...

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

@Barbult I got the kid and the toys and the well. Didn t think that it was very unusual for anyone
    to be carrying a submersible in the back of her pickup. Most people here are hauling quads and motorboats.
    Probably just on her way back from a weekend studying squid off Catalina when she got the call.

So many great renders!
    @MelanieL Thanks for your comments. I like the color and the story in your Daylight Robbery.
    And that horse does have a sneaky determined look to it
    @Totte Still laughing at those Corporate Goblin Lawyers. Has the flavor of a scene from Dark City

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited January 2013

Thank you MelanieL

TAG:Sasje#2

Title: ”The salesman”

RRRR:
    - Light The Way
    - Dust Bowl Clunkers
    - Axes of Power
    - Anime Uniforms

For the rest:
    - Aiko 3
    - M4 + clothes
    - Mill Cat
    - Pickup Truck 1930
    - A Quiet Street

Girl: what do you ask for this ax ?
    Man: do you not prefer this lamp?
    Girl: no thank you, I just wanted to know what this ax costs

RRRR_Febr1_bew.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 292K
    Post edited by Sasje on
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    okay found time for pull #2

92 M4 Hero Pack
    97 M3 base
    131 Playground Set 1 poses
    132 Playground Set 2

I had an idea hit me after I finished my last entry. While these picks don't totally work for that idea, they are close enough for a variation. So let's see if I can do it.

Well there was just too much detail for my other idea. So I went this way instead.

Tag: Zawarkal#02

|:| Roster Screwup |:|

M4 Hero: "Hey, what are you doing here?"
    M3 Hero, scratching his head: "I thought it was my turn to patrol the park."
    All the while our heroes are completely amiss of the "fowl" play taking place behind them.

92 M4 Hero Pack
    97 M3 Base
    131 Playground Set 1 Poses
    132 Playground Set 2
    also used:
    M4 unicornst Nicholas and uzlite hero hair
    M3 morphing clothes boots, unicornst Seth and M3 hooded cloak
    Genesis Magus boots, leggings & shoes; Dunn dress and jacket; Aldora hair
    Sixus1 terror bird
    trekkiegrrrl blanket, engelchenasti pram & JR rattle
    the Kids 4 with moonfly's skin basics; k4 hair fits; sanbie's zappy wear; alymac's zw textures; sickleyield's jazz pants, teeny tee & teeny shoes; sandeni creation's gothicgyrl dress; anat's k4 Clara; Daz Aiko3 hair, Aprilysh Caleb Hair, M4 short dreads hair & Mon Chevalier hair
    Playground Set 1
    Fobers world dome
    riveda's leather shaders

rosterScrewup.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 561K
    edited December 1969

Luci45: Zawarkal# 01 I love it!!!! It is so bizzare! Great poses and figures. I especially love Michael on the Herbeast with his hands up.

MelanieL: Zawarkal “The Merry Go Round of Life” - that’s very imaginative! I was watching TV earlier and the signal kept dropping - now I know why (I thought it was just the heavy cloud cover tonight)!

Thank you for your comments Luci45 and MelanieL. You both brought a smile to my face.

There are definitely some great renders showing up. A couple of them bring up memories of younger days... especially Girls' Night Out. I found myself zooming in for a closeup, lol. Girls, what girls, did anybody see any girls around here?!?

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Well here is my second pull....

Tears Hair for Genesis
    Fairytale Bassinet
    deWinter Textures
    Lisa's Botanicals- Hosta

Also Used:
    Vase from Merlin's Secret Cloister
    NoAi Post
    NoAi Wall
    NoAi Ground
    Outerwall-L (from the dragon slayer scene)

Tag: JK0011 #2
    Title: Waiting for Life

waiting_for_life.jpg
    1154 x 754 - 508K
    edited January 2013

And now, for my penultimate draw (i.e., next-to-last, or Number 6, if you're counting)....

1553 - V4 Wizard Robe
    1238 - Garden Pavilion

"Houston, we have a problem...."

There is something screwy with my Moody for Dark Moods textures - every attempt to render produces weird yellowish artifacts. I've adjusted the material settings (turning off ambient, changing the diffuse from a light gray (the default) to pure white, reducing the specular value (and changing the specular color), and a few other tweaks), the lighting (from deleting all lights and adding them back, one at a time, to altering colors, intensity and angle). Nothing works; the intensity of the effect changes, but it never disappears altogether. And it looks simply dreadful - like she got into a food-fight and lost to the guy wielding the mustard bottle!

I'll reset the download, perchance to get an updated (corrected?) copy, but in the meantime, I'm going to pull a replacement item; here goes....

So that makes pull #6:
    1553 - V4 Wizard Robe
    1238 - Garden Pavilion

And the replacement....
    1382 - Classic Rolled Hair for Genesis

Okay. Doesn't suck. Much.

UPDATE: Here's an example of what I'm talking about. (And I hope I'm not giving away the plot! ;-P ) If anyone has any explanations or solutions, I'd love to hear them!

eww.png
    800 x 600 - 576K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

My latest pull:
    Old West Bath House
    NeverTime
    Light the Way

Hmmm, I'm only at number three and Ken has posted his penultimate already. Maybe I need a few martinis... :lol:

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    My latest pull:
    Old West Bath House
    NeverTime
    Light the Way

Hmmm, I'm only at number three and Ken has posted his penultimate already. Maybe I need a few martinis... :lol:

Hmmmm, maybe you already had too many! :lol: You only listed 3 items.

edited December 1969

gopherus said:
    @Barbult I got the kid and the toys and the well. Didn t think that it was very unusual for anyone
    to be carrying a submersible in the back of her pickup. Most people here are hauling quads and motorboats.
    Probably just on her way back from a weekend studying squid off Catalina when she got the call.

gopherus, I wish I had been that clever, to add that to my posting. I'm sure that is really exactly how it happened. See, I know you guys didn't need any extra hints.

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    My latest pull:
    Old West Bath House
    NeverTime
    Light the Way

Just to be clear, Luci, that last image was not an entry. It was an example of the WTF-ness that I've been experiencing with the Moody textures, and which impelled me to make a replacement draw.

I have yet to post my 'penultimate' (God, I so love that word!) entry. (In fact, I'm still jacking with the lighting!)

And Barbult is right; I only see three.... ;-)

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Thanks MelanieL for the kind words.

Now my Third Pull

Lisa's Botanicals A Curious Proliferation
    H4 Hovertank
    Barn Yard
    Air Bike

Also Used
    Micheal 5
    Journeyer Scout
    Daz Horse 2

Tag JK0011 # 3

Title: Another Noise Complaint

M5: "Seriously it's just the horse how can they complain about the noise, again!?"

Noise_Complaint.jpg
    1080 x 900 - 734K
    edited December 1969

1553 - V4 Wizard Robe
    1238 - Garden Pavilion

"Houston, we have a problem...."

There is something screwy with my Moody for Dark Moods textures - every attempt to render produces weird yellowish artifacts. I've adjusted the material settings (turning off ambient, changing the diffuse from a light gray (the default) to pure white, reducing the specular value (and changing the specular color), and a few other tweaks), the lighting (from deleting all lights and adding them back, one at a time, to altering colors, intensity and angle). Nothing works; the intensity of the effect changes, but it never disappears altogether. And it looks simply dreadful - like she got into a food-fight and lost to the guy wielding the mustard bottle!

I'll reset the download, perchance to get an updated (corrected?) copy, but in the meantime, I'm going to pull a replacement item; here goes....

So that makes pull #6:
    1553 - V4 Wizard Robe
    1238 - Garden Pavilion

And the replacement....

UPDATE: Here's an example of what I'm talking about. (And I hope I'm not giving away the plot! ;-P ) If anyone has any explanations or solutions, I'd love to hear them!

Ken, I work in DS 4.5. I noticed a similar thing with Moody for Dark Moods. If you look at the surfaces, you will see that the reflection color has a yellow cast to it and the reflection is 100%. If you change the reflection color to a neutral gray and reduce the reflection percent considerably (I went down to 25%), you can greatly reduce or remove those mustard patches. It might also depend on what you actually have in your scene to be reflected in the coat material. In my case, I only had a backdrop, not a surrounding skydome, so I'm not sure what it thought it was reflecting.

Not an RRRR entry

Dark_Moods_fix.jpg
    618 x 800 - 193K
    Dark_Moods_original.jpg
    618 x 800 - 203K
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited January 2013

barbult said:
    Luci45 said:
    My latest pull:
    Old West Bath House
    NeverTime
    Light the Way

Hmmmm, maybe you already had too many! :lol: You only listed 3 items.

Oh, you read that? Oh, and Ken too... Some of us are alert. :lol: OK, OK, the fourth item is Dream Home - the Study

The "WTF-ness?" I'll have to remember that! Kind of describes my pulls so far (or my response to them.)

Post edited by luci45 on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Thanks for you comments Ken OBanion, MelanieL, Lucy45 & gopherus

MelanieL:
    Tea Break: That's a lovely image, very relaxing.
    Daylight Robbery: Very nice render, and cool story!

Ken OBanion:
    You Are Cordially Invited For… Dinner!: Got a feeling they are the dinner, greet piece.
    Oh. So It’s Going To Be One Of Those Mornings, Is It?: Very cool, and weird!
    Girls’ Night Out: A great bunch, like a friday night snapshot!
    sedor:
    Anime Soldier: very sedorish, rate render as always!
    An American Family: Another "reality TV render", you in a realistic period now Ken ;-)
    Assignation Behind the Garden: A great render Ken!

barbult:
    Unicorn Ring Toss: So much happening here and a lovely weird render!
    Don’t cry; I’ll save Little Vicky!: Great story and render!

Luci45:
    NeverWork (The Lazy Worker): Haha, maybe antfarm should make a neverwork, bur he said he dropped the series for a while, so it is his neverwork. Great work!
    The Undertakers’ Mountain Undertaking: Thats a cool render, and utterly weird ;-)

Zawarkal:
    The Merry Go Round of Life: Utterly weird, very cool and nutty!
    Roster Screwup: Haha, never trust heroes to think ;-)

gopherus:
    Gifts of the Magi: Haha! Smack him Vicky!
    3 Coins in the Fountain: Lot's of people, cool idea!

Sasje:
    The echo well: Anyone down there..ere...ere...ere...ere..ere, great one!
    ”The salesman”: Great render and idea, and the guy looks like a clone of the guy who has been cutting my hair for the last 15 years or so.

Kaputcha:
    And your second wish..?: Haha, do we dare imagine the picture of her second wish?

JK0011:
    I hate homework!: Cool idea!
    Waiting for Life: Very good render!!
    Another Noise Complaint: Interesting render, cool idea!

And Ken, I've seen weird things in some materials before, sometimes the items really need their own supplied lighting to render OK, which is pretty lame.

edited January 2013

barbult -

Well, live and learn! I looked at the reflection settings, but obviously I wasn't looking closely enough! (It never occurred to me that the material would be reflective in the first place! Those textures looked rather 'denim-y' to me!)

And, in point of fact, there was an awful lot to reflect - lots and lots of 'candlelight', to be exact!

Thank you! Now I have to decide whether to revert back to my original pull, or keep plugging with that silly-ass-looking hair!)

edited December 1969

barbult -

Well, live and learn! I looked at the reflection settings, but obviously I wasn't looking closely enough! (It never occurred to me that the material would be reflective in the first place! Those textures looked rather 'denim-y' to me!)

And, in point of fact, there was an awful lot to reflect - lots and lots of 'candlelight', to be exact!

Thank you! Now I have to decide whether to revert back to my original pull, or keep plugging with that silly-ass-looking hair!)

After my post, I kept playing with the Moody clothes in different lighting. I ended up happiest with the fabric portions reflection down around 5% and specularity around 50%. Eliminating reflection entirely would probably work, too. I left the metallic items (buckles, etc) reflection alone. They had reflection maps, so they did not reflect the colors of the surrounding area.As delivered, these materials do not render anything like the promo images. For me, even the basic Dark Moods DS materials are screwy.
    edited December 1969

Well, that's torn it ... my new PC blew up yesterday morning (well, not literally, but it went "pop" and is now dead - guess it must have had a faulty component) and it's back with its maker for repair. So while I'm deciding whether to wait for its return or go back to the laptop for attempt number 3, I thought I'd take a tour round the recent entries:

Ken "Assignation Behind the Garden" - well, that's an unusual style for you! Ashamed to say I've never read beyond chapter 2 of any Austen (though seen a few films and TV versions) so not sure of the reference, but it's very nicely done.
    barbult "Don't cry..." - yep, got it! You have some nice details in there too.
    Sasje "The Salesman" - another nice render (and plenty of detail there too)
    Zawarkal "Roster Screwup" - typical supermen! Wonderwoman wouldn't have taken her eye off the ball like that.
    JK0011 "Waiting for Life" - that's pretty - lovely tone to it.
    and "Another Noise Complaint" - quite surreal, and nicely rendered.

And thanks to gopherus and Totte for your comments.

edited December 1969

TAG: Winterlace #1: The Holdup
    Zoinks the half giant was not quite satisfied with last year's present ...

Items drawn:

Hiro Hair (which the Freak is wearing)
    His N Her Mirrors
    Dashing Through the Snow
    FREAK 4 Rules

Millenium Horse
    Vintage Sleigh
    Magus for M4
    Long beard for M4
    Denver Hair
    Rolling plains
    Santa Sack
    Spartan briefs
    Hercules cape

the_holdup.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 567K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Time for my second pull:

Genesis Hair (well yes, has nothing to do with Genesis, this is a hair available at Rendo)
    Never Dry
    Imelda
    The Wraith

I noticed during the RRRRs that I really shop most times here at DAZ... :)

edited December 1969

And my next draw is:

Dynamic Peasant Clothing for M4
    Jepes Jewels And Tears for V4
    Tequila Hair
    Deadly Beauty

I had to redraw two times - The elite M4 manly parts came up two times in a row ...

edited January 2013

So that makes pull #6:
    1553 - V4 Wizard Robe
    1238 - Garden Pavilion

And the replacement....

Well, this one was definitely a learning experience! It was also, without doubt, the most probably unnecessarily complicated lighting setup I have ever attempted!

Also used:
    DMR Lynette's Dark Rites
    Strike Long Hair
    Alchemy II (Texture and pose)
    Sports Time for Genesis
    Cute3D High-Tops for Genesis
    Dark Moods for Genesis
    Victoria 3
    V3 Summer Fashion
    Victoria 4 (x2)
    Crazy Nights for V4
    Dark Rose for V4
    Coco Hair
    Felicity Hair
    WorldBase XTreme
    Versatile Terrain 2

Along with: UberEnvironment, 1 infinite light, 3 spotlights, and 11 point lights! (Like I said, probably unnecessarily complicated, but the candles were essential to the story....)

I just hope this manages to skate under the TOS radar...!

Title: After Clarissa's Turn at Hosting, the Neighborhood Ladies' Weekly Garden Party Would Never Be the Same!
    Clarissa: "First we all have to get naked!"
    Ladies (in unison, and in harmony): "Ex-CRETE ME!!??"
    Heather (Blonde V3): "F*** this! I'm outta here!"

TAG: obanion#06
    RRRR_JanFeb2013_06.png
    800 x 600 - 661K
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Ahhhhh crap, not looking forward to this one...

Randoms:
    Anime Starfighter
    Queen Anne Parlor Furniture Part 1
    Vandra Styles
    Gorilla for Genesis

Oh dearie me!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

TAG:Totte#3

Totte said:
    Pull # 3
    #23 Amun Raw - The Mummy
    #2926 V4 MFD Wonderland Expansion and Unimesh Fits
    #3006 Western Boots for V4 A3
    #3023 Wicked Wear Seville Textures

Also Used:
    Genesis + Wicked Wear Seville
    V4 + Aged V4 + V4 MFD + Meg Hair
    It's Dance (Poses)
    Village Bedroom

Eternal Dance
    The cursed boots of dancing never stops.....

R7-eternal_dance.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 320K