(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

I love doing Regency period renders but can't use the dress with Genesis as it always stretched the bottom of the dress but with your new product I should be able to without too many issues. So looking forward to this release. Fantastic looking so far!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Looks exciting, I'm liking the idea of rigs for skirts/dresses. Been to lazy to do it myself...

Of course converting old stuff will could be really useful too.

Any Front and back handles/bones for the skirts? Or just left and right?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

SIgh... yet another product I'm going to have to buy as soon as it comes out...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Something to ask.... probably for a different product. Is there a way to tweak the transference of long hair to come out better? Often times there is nasty kink around where the shoulders are and for some reason I can't figure out how to eliminate that. Really makes transferring long hair a turn off for me.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Something to ask.... probably for a different product. Is there a way to tweak the transference of long hair to come out better? Often times there is nasty kink around where the shoulders are and for some reason I can't figure out how to eliminate that. Really makes transferring long hair a turn off for me.

Sickle Super Hat And Hair Fixer - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sickle-super-hat-and-hair-fixer/95296

works a treat, and it keeps the original hair morphs intact too.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Good morning, ladies and gents! Addressing questions:

Left and right handles only (both upper and lower). There are few circumstances in which front/back ones are a great idea with weight maps, and few skirts are so huge they fall into that category.

I will hunt through my runtime and see if I can find any belt with attached bags to convert. Overall it does well with belts and bandoleers provided you also do the morph copy, and the TU is actually very good at extending weight maps out of the template's 3d space, but it never hurts to check.

That kind of fix for hair is another kettle of fish, but it's one I might consider as a future product. I miss my Ariel hair. The Hat And Hair Fixer is pretty much just for fitting hair under hats.

As for short dresses and skirts, I don't have a lot in my runtime, but please see attached. Optional JCM you can copy from the dress template are also included with instructions, which fixes the divot effect even further on seating and other deep bends. Two of these are old AS freebies that many of you probably have and can check your AF results with. ;)

ShortDemo3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 239K
    ShortDemo2.jpg
    400 x 600 - 123K
    ShortDemo1.jpg
    400 x 600 - 165K
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for considering the hair issue. I do have your hat fix hair product. I've not used it yet, truth be told! :red:

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Have you tried adding smoothing, usually works for me.

edited December 1969

In some cases if the hair is curly it's OK... but on wavy or straight hair smoothing doesn't really do the trick. Its' a flaw in the script and I'm sure it can be fixed but I know zero about coding!

edited December 1969

About the earlier query with belts and pouches, here is Xurge3d's Warlock on Michael 5. It has a nice hip pouch, as you can see.

Warlock2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 594K
    Warlock1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 569K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Thank you that looks very good, funnily enough it was Xurge stuff I was thinking of, I had just autofitted some of his stuff with bags and they didn't do to well when the figure was posed.

edited December 1969

The only time it's going to go badly with this and accessories is if they're right on the border of a joint, such as right where the hip joins the leg. In that case it's going to look terrible when doing the splits (but it would have in the original garment as well, probably).

edited December 1969

Is this going to be quite easy to use and will it come with a user guide, I'm really not very good with this sort of thing anything that involves any amount of technical brain work just gets me lost.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Is this going to be quite easy to use and will it come with a user guide, I'm really not very good with this sort of thing anything that involves any amount of technical brain work just gets me lost.

Thanks.

It depends, and yes. Converting outfits in general requires using Transfer Utility and being willing to click a few buttons. Converting shoes in a way that looks good requires basically running TU once, saving to library, then reloading and running it one more time with different settings. Rigging and morphing an outfit that's actually made for Genesis, or adding morphs to one you already have, is just a couple of clicks with the Transfer Utility.

There is a full .pdf manual for all of the things that this does. I'm not sure if DAZ lets artists include those now, but if not I will release it at a freebie site to ensure everyone gets it.

Technically you can use the skirt and bodysuit templates with Autofit as well, but that's not recommended because it does not add the smoothing modifier.

edited December 1969

Thanks that sounds ok, I use the Transfer Utility, so I know that much.

Now the question is when?

edited December 1969

I've got a couple of PAs checking things for me who have been helping me out, but I am rendering promos right now to offer to DAZ. I hope to send them the message in the next couple of days. Then a couple more days to see if they're interested, then however long it takes to test it if they are (I have no idea what the typical is on a multifunction utility like this).

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

The first one is with autofit, and the second is with transfer utility, Morph--V4, and my dress template. This is SAV's beautiful Dragon Lady dress.

That looks great. But... but... Isn't the Dragon Lady dress Poser *dynamic*? Are you saying that we will be able to bring in, convert and re-rig Poser dynamic clothing as well as conforming clothing?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    The first one is with autofit, and the second is with transfer utility, Morph--V4, and my dress template. This is SAV's beautiful Dragon Lady dress.

That looks great. But... but... Isn't the Dragon Lady dress Poser *dynamic*? Are you saying that we will be able to bring in, convert and re-rig Poser dynamic clothing as well as conforming clothing?

It may have a dynamic version, but if so it also has a regular rigged and morphing one. The one I used was not a dynamic item.

I wouldn't recommend using this with unsimmed dynamics. They usually would look terrible because they have no wrinkles etc. (one doesn't sculpt dynamics because they would normally get wrinkles etc. from the sim). I haven't tried simming a dynamic to zeroed V4 and then exporting as an obj and trying to convert with this, and I'm not positive whether that would work or not.

Now if you simmed a dynamic to a zeroed Genesis in PP2012, exported as obj, and THEN imported it to do the two-click base rig dance with this, that would work. Seems like a lot of work, though. ;)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969

Looking really interesting indeed!

edited December 1969

Ah. I went and checked. You're right, it's a superconforming outfit. Much more hopeful. SAV does do some dynamic stuff (freebies certainly) which confused me.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Okay, I JUST saw the long dress compatibility images and now I'm OFFICIALLY sold beyond any doubt!

I'll be able to properly use Nagase Hiro ahain! :'D

edited December 1969

Okay, I JUST saw the long dress compatibility images and now I'm OFFICIALLY sold beyond any doubt!

I'll be able to properly use Nagase Hiro ahain! :'D

It looks like the sort of thing that should do well with this.

Tentative second promo using Happily Ever After. I was tickled that this set converted so well as I've been on the fence about buying it for a long time.

Promo2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

This is very timely, I thought I was going to have to manually rerig a lot of items :)

edited December 1969

Will this also work with outfits with flowing sleeves and capes??

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Will this also work with outfits with flowing sleeves and capes??

Not if they have custom bones for the sleeves and cape. If they are moved only with morphs it will work.

edited December 1969

How does it do on your Mage robe? That's one I'd really like to use more, but it pulls the texture stretching big time.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Now if you simmed a dynamic to a zeroed Genesis in PP2012, exported as obj, and THEN imported it to do the two-click base rig dance with this, that would work. Seems like a lot of work, though. ;)

Umm...I do that in Blender all the time...not that difficult. But the 'default' Autorigging leaves a lot to be desired, most of the time...one of the reasons I'm waiting for this... :-)

edited December 1969

The Sickle Mage. There will always be UV stretching when legs are separated on a dress for any figure (with or without this conversion system) but it's less than with Autofit.

SickleMageTest.png
    700 x 910 - 383K
    edited January 2013

Less is good. I can use it now (kind of) if I stick to something like a solid color smooth fabric shader. But would like to be able to use something at least a bit less limiting. I imagine that a lot depends on the pose.

Acolyte.jpg
    700 x 1032 - 268K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Fantastic! Really looking forward to this :-)