The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest

Comments

• gero_1478aba0a9gero_1478aba0a9 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Wow, that's amazingly generous.

Thanks Stefan - will start grinding the old brainmeats for ideas!

Cheeers

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

I've already got my first entry done.. I almost posted it last night before rereading the rules, lol..

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited January 2013

In two minds whether to enter or not! On the one hand the prizes are fantastic and a very generous offer, but on the other hand I'm not all that great at the art and I suspect my competition will beat me with a dirty stick!

On the issue of whether the DAZ owned items are allowed in the contest, I would say they probably are, since they are included in the prizes.

Even so, keep in mind of this prize:
    Random winners:at the end of each week(Saturday) one random entry will win Any 1 model from the Stonemason catalogue(random winners will still be eligible for all other prizes),these prizes are given on the basis of participation.

So simply entering can earn you a prize.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209
    edited December 1969

I am stuck on an old P4 computer with no 3d graphics card and even though I can do a standard image, I have yet to see if raytracing will cause the program to crash, so if I can enter this contest with that bit of information MJ, so can you...besides, you could always do it just for fun and maybe get lucky.

• MarcosDKMarcosDK Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Fantastic! I'm working on it! :lol:

edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    I am stuck on an old P4 computer with no 3d graphics card and even though I can do a standard image, I have yet to see if raytracing will cause the program to crash, so if I can enter this contest with that bit of information MJ, so can you...besides, you could always do it just for fun and maybe get lucky.

Im definitely getting in this year. I watched the last contest from the sideline, and i wont be doing that this year.

-MJ

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

This is one of the contests that I always LURK around. But maybe this year will be different. Time will tell.

• edited December 1969

Awesomeness!

Awesome theme, planning, write-up, prizes, and sponsor. :-)

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

I predict a lot of exploding buildings, laser beams, space craft and havoc all crash landing in a dense forest filled with mist!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Wow, very exciting looking contest. Will try to participate!

And very much looking forward to seeing the art appear when it starts...

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Ah well, pity that the rules say at least one (1) Stoneason model is required...as I don't have any...sigh.

Jay

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Ah well, pity that the rules say at least one (1) Stoneason model is required...as I don't have any...sigh.

Jay

:o you dont have one? How can this be? This is sacrilege...:) im just kidding....

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:

Jay

http://www.daz3d.com/stonemason

Love,

~Bluebird

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:

Yes! Getting lucky is fun too!

:coolgrin:

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited January 2013

MJ007 said:
    Just so im clear, products *CREATED* by Stonemason, but *OWNED* by Daz3D are still valid towards the "at least 1 stonemason product" requirement? Such as:
    Darkstar - http://www.daz3d.com/the-dark-star
    Level 19 - http://www.daz3d.com/level-19

etc?

-MJ

Yes!...DAZ originals 'created by' Stonemason can be used and are included in the prizes,the only exception (for the prizes)would be the couple of Original bundles that include content from other people..thanks

Freebies by Stonemason may also be used,but as with the last challenge my preference is to see purchased content

Only 9 hrs to go before entries can begin(we're working on NZ time)...good luck to everyone!

Post edited by Stonemason on
    edited December 1969

Thank You sir... Looking forward to this one!

-MJ

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

ok i would like to share an idea i had for this contenst that i abandoned cause i had a better one afterwards....

still its something it would really rock if someone would like to use it...be my guest.

i wanted to make a speed board game with as much as i could Stonemason's stuff...it would be a 45 degree angle view of Stonemasons world....various of objects can be used (thats the idea on the game), like the 3d maps you have seen in AVATAR movie but in full color...

if anyone wants to take this idea and make a picture im sure he would have many odds on the concept...

the background i used is an amazing 3d terrain generator and all you must have is photoshop and filterforge
    http://www.filterforge.com/filters/10239.html

good luck everybody! :)

back.jpg
    1400 x 1000 - 513K
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    ok i would like to share an idea i had for this contenst that i abandoned cause i had a better one afterwards....

still its something it would really rock if someone would like to use it...be my guest.

i wanted to make a speed board game with as much as i could Stonemason's stuff...it would be a 45 degree angle view of Stonemasons world....various of objects can be used (thats the idea on the game), like the 3d maps you have seen in AVATAR movie but in full color...

if anyone wants to take this idea and make a picture im sure he would have many odds on the concept...

the background i used is an amazing 3d terrain generator and all you must have is photoshop and filterforge
    http://www.filterforge.com/filters/10239.html

good luck everybody! :)

thats a cool idea!...reminds me of playing command and conquer on ps1.Terrain looks cool too,I've been using world machine for terrains lately which has some nice erosion effects

edited December 1969

and on another note..

It's On!...good luck everyone

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    edited January 2013

Liquid Halo Sky 16 for Genesis
    V5
    Dark Places: Industrial 2k9
    Headset from Medea
    Daz Studio and Reality

"If I get dirty"

Here is my first image. Thank you Stonemason for this contest.

lq_sky16.png
    1776 x 1526 - 4M
    Post edited by Decoyboy on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited January 2013

Ok...I have not been getting much work done the last few days working on this...but here it goes.

Mech Enforcer
    City Ruins 1,2,3 and vehicles

Rendered in daz studio and post work in photoshop

Rawn

Mech Wars!

mechwars.jpg
    1055 x 886 - 483K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

My first one.
    Used: Daz Studio 3 and Photoshop.
    Used: Dark Places: Sewer 2k9

Title: “the suffering”

the_suffering_N_bew_tekst.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 298K
  • dowddowd Posts: 9
    edited January 2013

War of the Worlds..re-visited

I pull an image I did late last year
    Who can't resist a pretty girl, Martian War machines and ruined buildings
    Rendered in Carrara
    used ruined buildings 1-3, rubble and urban ruins

waroftheworldsJP.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 285K
    Post edited by dowd on
    edited December 1969

I am tossing around a number of ideas and im a little curious of the definition of this rule:
    All entries must follow the DAZ3D Terms of Service. No nudity, violence or profanity will be allowed

Im stuck on the "violence" part. Can someone please clarify that for me?

-MJ

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Oih! It's not the 25th yet! Lol.

Posted: 24 January 2013 08:27 AM :cheese:

edited December 1969

Oih! It's not the 25th yet! Lol.

Posted: 24 January 2013 08:27 AM :cheese:

Here ya go:

and on another note..

It's On!...good luck everyone

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

MJ007 said:
    I am tossing around a number of ideas and im a little curious of the definition of this rule:
    All entries must follow the DAZ3D Terms of Service. No nudity, violence or profanity will be allowed

Im stuck on the "violence" part. Can someone please clarify that for me?

-MJ

from the TOS Specifically #6

Gallery and Posted Image Conduct

1.) Images may not show genitals, or the bare groin or buttocks, of humanoid figures. Images of female humanoids may not show the breasts.
    2.) Any image that conflicts with the nature of this forum or is found to be inappropriate for the forum’s wide audience will be removed and the author notified.
    3.) Images will not display the act of sexual copulation, masturbation, or oral sex.
    4.) Images that may be considered sexually suggestive will be reviewed by the staff of this site as to its appropriateness for inclusion in the Gallery.
    5.) DAZ 3D RETAINS THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY IMAGE(S) FOR ANY REASON.
    6.) Images will not display rape, torture, or the act of physical mutilation.
    7.) Images that may appear gratuitously violent will be reviewed by the staff of this site for its appropriateness for inclusion in the gallery.
    8.) Images that contain depictions of children are especially sensitive and will be reviewed even more strictly than other such images.
    9.) Images that may be considered as an attack on a person or their beliefs will be reviewed for its appropriateness in the gallery.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited February 2013

This is a re-sized version of the original.

I used bits of the walled city and both streets of Asia. Joe Quick's M4 Spiderman along with ElorOnceDark Immortal Ronin and light of economy

Title is Ronin Spiderman

streets_of_spiderman_asia_hp_2.jpg
    1167 x 656 - 257K
    Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Ok...I have not been getting much work done the last few days working on this...but here it goes.

Mech Enforcer

Rawn

Mech Wars!

This is why I don't enter contests very often. I just can't compete with renders of this quality. Way to go Rawn! ;-)
    edited January 2013

Miss B said:
    RawArt said:

Mech Enforcer

Rawn

Mech Wars!

This is why I don't enter contests very often. I just can't compete with renders of this quality. Way to go Rawn! ;-)

When I started with all this my renders were pathetic.
    It was only when I started entering competitions the last couple years that I have been inspired by the the amazing renders I saw that encouraged me to get better. I love looking at the work of people better than I am so that I can get ideas from them as to what I can do better.
    (I so regret not having more skills for that frazetta contest a couple years ago....i would have loved to have done better in that one)

You should never let the competition discourage you from any contest...the fun is in trying.

(oh..and thanx for the compliment ;) )

Rawn

Post edited by RawArt on