The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest

Comments

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Heh, it's Friday in New Zealand!

Okay, In the RIFTS setting, a budding orbital community watched the coming of the RIFTS in horror and made their own future, abandoning the cataclysm-shattered Earth. One part of that community, Laika Station, was Russia's base and populated by a variety of mutant animals..

After more than 250 years in orbit, the station is under constant maintenance and repair. As you would expect, accidents happen.. conduits rupture, power fails and airlocks collapse....

Stonemason products used: Darkstar, PropFactory Cylinder and Crates & Containers.. Rendered in DazStudio 2.3 and post-work in Photoshop CS2.

Airlock4FinalDAZ.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 1M
    edited January 2013

Heh, it's Friday in New Zealand!

Okay, In the RIFTS setting, a budding orbital community watched the coming of the RIFTS in horror and made their own future, abandoning the cataclysm-shattered Earth. One part of that community, Laika Station, was Russia's base and populated by a variety of mutant animals..

After more than 250 years in orbit, the station is under constant maintenance and repair. As you would expect, accidents happen.. conduits rupture, power fails and airlocks collapse....

Stonemason products used: Darkstar, PropFactory Cylinder and Crates & Containers.. Rendered in DazStudio 2.3 and post-work in Photoshop CS2.

Oh, and that's RawArt's ApeWorld Chimp on M4 wearing Epsilon as a space suit... other parts of the debris are the wrench from AntFarm's Bot Shop, a broken bottle and rusty can from The Garbage Pile, and TrekkieGrrrl's morphing kleenex..

Post edited by MADMANMIKE on
  • ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    RawArt said:
    Ok...I have not been getting much work done the last few days working on this...but here it goes.

Mech Enforcer
    City Ruins 1,2,3 and vehicles

Rawn

Mech Wars!

This is why I don't enter contests very often. I just can't compete with renders of this quality. Way to go Rawn! ;-)

I usually feel this way as well, and then my self-critisizing starts and .... oh well. I am determined to try this one tho. (Now if hubby will just hide WOW for me )

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

It's going to be fun just coming here daily to check out all the great art this thread will showcase.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

I want to try... but don't have much Stonemason stuff yet. :( I'll have to see what I can find...

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited January 2013

Oh wow.

What's this? *pinches self* Am I awake?

YAY!!!!! I think I am!!! :) :) :) This is too cool!! Thanks, Stonemason!! What an awesome way to inspire some fun! Can't wait to see what turns up in this thread!! Good luck to everyone....I'm off to think about an entry of my own! ;-)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited January 2013

humm, this sucks, started working on my piece when he first made the thread LOL, an now I see entries already that are in same genre and way better than mine :(

Oh well here is my first entry:

The Patrol

Used:

- CityRuins 1,2,3,4 and vehicle(x2)
    - Pieces of UrbanSprawl 2
    - Rubble - a few piles
    - Under the Bridge

rendered in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro
    postwork done in Photoshop CS5

stonemason-contest-pic1.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 198K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    humm, this sucks, started working on my piece when he first made the thread LOL, an now I see entries already that are in same genre and way better than mine :(

Oh well here is my first entry:

The Patrol

Used:

- CityRuins 1,2,3,4 and vehicle(x2)
    - Pieces of UrbanSprawl 2
    - Rubble - a few piles

I see Under the Bridge in there too... Great Pic!

edited December 1969

Thanks, had forgotten to mention that one, I had started with battlemechs lol but then saw RawArts entry and did a fast redo of mine and changed to soldiers

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Thanks, had forgotten to mention that one, I had started with battlemechs lol but then saw RawArts entry and did a fast redo of mine and changed to soldiers

thats ok you are going to see a lot of the same thing :roll:

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Are animations permitted?

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

i was curious about this too

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

I hate it when I have this Great Vision of what I want to Make. and the end result is not even close to what I imagined :/ . Brewing Up my scene still. working out some bugs. Learning on the way :D.

edited December 1969

As I am Rendering my scene I noticed the Graffiti on one of stonemasons products I am using has a cuss word. Will that violate the terms?

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

wallace3d said:
    As I am Rendering my scene I noticed the Graffiti on one of stonemasons products I am using has a cuss word. Will that violate the terms?

is that one of the windows on 'A Quiet Street"..?..just try to make it not so prominent in the image and you should be okay

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

not this time...you could render a single frame as your entry and post the animation too,but I wont be voting on animations

edited December 1969

wallace3d said:

is that one of the windows on 'A Quiet Street"..?..just try to make it not so prominent in the image and you should be okay

Yes and its standing out because I have the windows illuminated O_O
    may have to edit them then try and make it not so obvious

edited December 1969

sorry about that ..it was actualy a few years after I'd released it when I noticed what was written on the window..your the only who's mentioned it to me :)

edited December 1969

sorry about that ..it was actualy a few years after I'd released it when I noticed what was written on the window..your the only who's mentioned it to me :)

*as everyone who has purchased it opens it to see*

I hope this does not get you in Trouble :P

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

not this time...you could render a single frame as your entry and post the animation too,but I wont be voting on animations

thats what you said last time :(

edited January 2013

my second one :) - now I can sit back and watch and enjoy the entries to come :)

Bad Day

used: Sector 15

stonemason-contest-2.jpg
    1164 x 1500 - 216K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • fayriefayrie Posts: 55
    edited January 2013

ohh i just saw this.... i will have to think about what i want to do, i just did a render the other night with the enchanted forest 2. wonderful chance at great prizes thank you :D

Post edited by fayrie on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Entry #1

Title: The Ministry of Lost Childhood

-

Used: The Ministry

Rendered with DAZ Studio 4.5
    Post-work: Photoshop

TheMinistryofLostChildhoodFinal.jpeg.jpg
    850 x 804 - 472K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

Here is my first entry - no smashed cars, no bots, not battles, no destroyed cities, just a hot summer day in the City Courtyard.

Title: Hot Summer Day
    Software used: DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.1.56, Photoshop CS6
    Stonemason product: City Courtyard http://www.daz3d.com/city-courtyard

Stonemason_City_Courtyard_Swimming.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

I don't understand this item of the rules:

"IMPORTANT Please make sure you have a valid e-mail address accessible from your profile. Be sure that there is an “Email” link at the bottom of your post."

How do we verify that an email address is accessible from our profile?

Is this asking us to put our email address in the forum posting with our render? I don't really want my personal email address visible in the forum. Please clarify.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

I guess Stefan is using the old contest rules, and this was a clause in those. On this new forum no one can access your email, in fact members cannot even use the email a member facility from their profile.

We certainly do recommend that members do not display their email in forum posts, and in fact normally actively remove any email addresses that we do see posted, for members protection.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wallace3d said:

Hmmm, now I'm curious...

On a more "on topic" note; I'm working on a few things although I fear I'll not have much luck at competing against all the awesomeness that is erupting in this thread. Ah well maybe the horrible bit monster will eat the other submissions and I'll win by default. ( a guy can dream right?)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I guess Stefan is using the old contest rules, and this was a clause in those. On this new forum no one can access your email, in fact members cannot even use the email a member facility from their profile.

We certainly do recommend that members do not display their email in forum posts, and in fact normally actively remove any email addresses that we do see posted, for members protection.

thanks guys,i've replaced email with private message

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited February 2013

This one was inspired by The Catwoman in The Batman of Shanghai from the Dc Nation Shorts on cartoon network

I took Both of the Streets of Asia and Superimposed one on top of the other. This is pretty much DS4.5 with some light post work and paint to rescale it to make it uploadable

I really wish there were a product called Streets of Asia Construction Kit or Streets of Asia components

Bad Kitty is the tittle of this one

asian_catwoman_3_b.jpg
    928 x 1250 - 515K
    Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • CupcakeCupcake Posts: 42
    edited January 2013

My1st entry for the Contest.. :-)

Title: Return of Order

Rendered in PoserPro2012,
    Prettied up in CS5

Stonemason Items used:
    CityRuins bundle