Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Linwelly said:

Here is another experiment with the reflective radiance for 3delight. I converted the Moroccan Courtyard to 3DL materials with the Surface adjustments and used the environmental Light preset full moon. I alteres the UE2 colour to a blue tone for this one

This is lovely!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

short excurse to Iray, here is my entry for Llola Lanes render a month.

I had Antfarms Sci-fi alley from the fastgran and the new blood and dirt for g3 to put to use and I always wanted to make soft and gentrle Bethany looking bad@$$. So she does and goes handing Elijah his behind...

had fun with the bloom filter and a vignette

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

The iray to 3delight mats option alone was reason enough to get that light bundle. Now to find time to play with it.

Poor Elijah, though ;)

Ah I think Elijah will survive the humilation ;)

The 3delight mats converison from Iray is a great tool but that is just a small part for that product, I liove the emissive option and the enviranmantal lights are great as well, I could use that for pretty much every 3delight render I do...

I've never been a fan of light presets, really. Mostly because they tend to make my poor old coffee grinder of a computer stress out, but also because I end up replacing every single light in them anyway. Willing to give these are try, but the converters and emissives are what sold the product to me.

I know I've been saying it for four year, but one day, I'll upgrade this computer. Stuff just keeps popping up. Last year it was buying a house, I wonder what comes up this time ;)

haha, the problem is that one needs to stop buying stuff from the shop to safe the money for new hardware...

But yes I know that feeling, the one about the coffegrinding computer and the one about lights. I never bought a light set.. oh well one for Iray with the mesh lights. And I never felt trouble doing the lights myself. The thing that is different for the reflective radiance is the bleeding of colour into the shadows and to other objects in the scene. its something that was dicussed in all thength in the 3Delight laboratory thread and the experts there tried for different ways to achieve it with varieing degrees of failing. So that is something completely new and not possible to do by yourself.

That is why I'm a big fanyes

Yeah, that's a good one, too. I once read a UE tutorial that had a way to get s minor colpur bleeding effect, but I lost the link and it was when I only just started, so I wasn't ready for that yet. It was a VERY minor bleeding on white surfaces only, though ;)

edited March 2017

I got the DAZ horse now with the pro bundle for little money and took a look at it, used reflective radiance once more, so this is in 3delight with no postwork

Who_is_coming.png
    1500 x 844 - 2M
    Post edited by Linwelly on

Beautiful!  The lighting is really lovely!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Very nice horse! Love your experiments. yes

edited March 2017

Thank you both a lot!

Here is something in Iray. inspired by this portrait http://armieri.deviantart.com/art/The-Autumn-King-668183535 by armieri I wondered if I finally manage to make a portrait with the character shifted to one side without cluttering the empty space but still get a meaningful portrait. I will try some more in this to improve my skills and at some point will try to add some postwork effects and see if I can integrate them without distracting from the main. So I would be happy on comments if I achived my goal so far and whyt I can improve further.

Soulkeeper.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    edited March 2017

thinking about stuff...

3delight with a lot of postwork (for me at least)

Seelenvogel.png
    1512 x 788 - 1M
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Great Atmosphere! Very beautiful work!

Linwelly said:

Thank you both a lot!

Here is something in Iray. inspired by this portrait http://armieri.deviantart.com/art/The-Autumn-King-668183535 by armieri I wondered if I finally manage to make a portrait with the character shifted to one side without cluttering the empty space but still get a meaningful portrait. I will try some more in this to improve my skills and at some point will try to add some postwork effects and see if I can integrate them without distracting from the main. So I would be happy on comments if I achived my goal so far and whyt I can improve further.

This is gorgeous.  Really stunning and I do think you captured the essence of the look you were going for.

And I love the subtle sparkles coming off the wings it gives it just the right amount of whimsy.  She looks like she is thinking hard.  Its lovely!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Linwelly said:

thinking about stuff...

3delight with a lot of postwork (for me at least)

Really lovely, Linwelly!  Beautful job with the rays and the wings.  :)

edited March 2017

for those interested in the postwork here is the original render of the Seelenvogel image:

seelenvogel.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    edited March 2017

And again some testing with a new toy, I got the DAZ dragon 3 ( now after all, march Madness had its toll on my savings)

this is 3delight with refelctive radiance and this time no postwork at all

dragon_puppy.png
    1500 x 1125 - 3M
    edited March 2017

and some more experimenting with the reflective lights:

This was one of Jepes shiny sheets turned emissive and then invisible ( instuctions see Marshians commercial thread) then I added a geometry shell to the sheet and the shell turned to a glow shader

this was the result: Its a bit tiny but we will se what might come from it

light.png
    424 x 600 - 371K
    edited March 2017

here is another essay for the portrait training, this time I tried something more on the realistic side with 3delight as a renderer.  The character is based on Mei Lin 6 with a lot of custom dials and Zev0 Aging applied but in addition as a prework I made my own age map for Mei Lin which was easier that I anticipatet. I wanted to have those fine lines present in the face. 

The character was inspired from Ng Mui who supposedly was the founder of the Wing tsun style Kungfu.

Top render is as is came out of the renderer, below is after some postwork with colour and contrast adjustments.

Ng_Mui.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Ng_Mui.png
    1500 x 844 - 2M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow Linwelly you have been busy beaver!!!!

Amazing renders and just love theone with the shiny sheets!!!

edited April 2017

Wow Linwelly you have been busy beaver!!!!

Amazing renders and just love theone with the shiny sheets!!!

Thanks a lot Saphire, its not as much as I woudl like to have tried an done... I love the glowing stuff as well and I'm sure there is mor to come.

Inspired by the 3delight Iray comparison thread I tried to to the portrait in Iray, I used Iray materials whereever they were available and converted the rest with the "make everything iray" shader. With a light probe I treid to alter the environment dome to a light direction that is similar to the on in 3dl ( I was lucky to have used a sky dome that can be used as environmetal in iray) and adjusted the intensity as far as possible.

here is the result, again original and below with tonal adjustments in postwork.

Ng_mui_Iray.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Ng_mui_Iray.png
    1500 x 844 - 2M
    edited April 2017

here is a question for the Iray wize ones!

This is a really curious situation. I have this scene where I loaded an old set which I then converted to iray, only I forgot to delete some linear point lights that came with the set. So I adjusted my light settings without thinking about the point light and renderd nicely along. really liked the light as well. Then I found the Point light and removed them, which made a drastic change to my scene. Took me a while to find the the reason were the point light.

So here is the scene with the Iray lights alone. there are two emissive planes in the scene outside the windows to illuminate the set and the flames on those candles are made emissive as well. still not really interesting.

now I added 1! linear point light again, its not even near enought to the scene to illumiate something but the change to the whole light settings is impressive... and so much better.

the weirdest of all, I could deactivate the linear point light ( close the eye) adn the scene is still like this.

Now please someone explain this to me. From the system the photometrics is 1500 lumen at 6500 k render emitter is on

without50%.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    point-light.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Not sure if Iray recognizes emissive surfaces as scene lights. So maybe after deleting the pointlight the camera headlamp kicks in?

As you know, I am far away from being an Iray expert. I am just guessing.

MN-150374 said:

Not sure if Iray recognizes emissive surfaces as scene lights. So maybe after deleting the pointlight the camera headlamp kicks in?

That actually sounds extremely reasonable because I can't think of anything else that would do this.  Not that I'm an expert either

edited April 2017
    MN-150374 said:

headlamp cam... could be a thing, I will test that!

Yes you are right, thats what is was.. stupid beginners mistake, thanks for the pointer!

Linwelly said:
    MN-150374 said:

Yes you are right, thats what is was.. stupid beginners mistake, thanks for the pointer!

Its not really a beginners mistake... I do it all the time lol.  You can set up an empty default scene with the headlamp turned off save it and set it to load automatically, or you can just save that scene and remember to load it when you are using Iray.

Linwelly said:
    MN-150374 said:

Its not really a beginners mistake... I do it all the time lol.  You can set up an empty default scene with the headlamp turned off save it and set it to load automatically, or you can just save that scene and remember to load it when you are using Iray.

That is a neat idea but doesn't work with the way my scenes " happen", usually I start fiddeling with something when at some point it seems appropriate to try the is this or that renderer.

But I guess I will remember longer this time, LOL

edited April 2017

ok, that render with that old chap king is still in development, so i'll hand out my easter elf to yuo gues, who developed from a conversation with a friend over at dA, and he's her birthday present as well. He is kind of a prototype as we were thinking about some of Tolkiens elves must have gone east and what would have become of them. Prone to get some story time at some point.

He's in Iray and dressed in the lions queen dress from genesis ( yay! I got wear them all for g3m) base character and skin is malachi but morphed by a lot

easter_elf.png
    1236 x 2000 - 4M

He looks great and I look forward to the story!