(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
edited February 2013 in The Commons

Sickle Rigging and Morphing System is a three-part system for converting, rigging and morphing clothes for Genesis. Get it here at DAZ.

CONVERT: The SRMS templates convert Gen 4 clothing to Genesis more accurately and with less distortion than Autofit while using the same Transfer Utility methods most of you already know.

RIG: Use the SRMS bodysuit, dress and boot templates to rig custom clothing with handles and optional JCMs for skirts.

MORPH: Add up-to-date official DAZ character morphs from Generations 3-5 (plus Hitomi) with just a couple of clicks in Transfer Utility. Works on converted AND on custom items.

The conversion and morphing functionality was used in both of these pics, to add V5 morphs to Dreamquest and F4 morphs to Reiver. The third one shown is the boots from Courageous with the Brigida textures. (More pics to come.)

Post edited by SickleYield on

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Bootleggers. It's not a perfect conversion, but it's better than than the Autofit version (shown first). A pair from one of the V4 Shoe Packs is also shown (again, Autofit first).

BLAfter.jpg
    700 x 910 - 759K
    BLBefore.jpg
    700 x 910 - 761K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Sickle Rigging and Morphing System is a three-part system for converting, rigging and morphing clothes for Genesis.

CONVERT: The SRMS templates convert Gen 4 clothing to Genesis more accurately and with less distortion than Autofit while using the same Transfer Utility methods most of you already know.

RIG: Use the SRMS bodysuit, dress and boot templates to rig custom clothing with handles and optional JCMs for skirts.

MORPH: Add up-to-date official DAZ character morphs from Generations 3-5 (plus Hitomi) with just a couple of clicks in Transfer Utility. Works on converted AND on custom items.

The conversion and morphing functionality was used in both of these pics, to add V5 morphs to Dreamquest and F4 morphs to Reiver. The third one shown is the boots from Courageous with the Brigida textures. (More pics to come.)

You have my attention that is for sure...

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

That statement alone has me sold.

Will this work on hair as well?

edited December 1969

That statement alone has me sold.

Will this work on hair as well?

No, because it's not really necessary on hair. TU handles that pretty well on its own.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Looks very very interesting. So finally we will have a template for converting shoes from Gen 4 over to Genesis? Will this work on converting for Freak 3 to Genesis? There area couple of really cool fantasy outfits that just look horrid. I've found that shoes wise David and Hiro 3 convert the best.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Looks very very interesting. So finally we will have a template for converting shoes from Gen 4 over to Genesis? Will this work on converting for Freak 3 to Genesis? There area couple of really cool fantasy outfits that just look horrid. I've found that shoes wise David and Hiro 3 convert the best.

It only contains the custom template morphs for Victoria 4 and Michael 4. Conversion from a shape as distorted as F3 would be a nightmare, so I'm not inclined to attempt it given how hard this was on its own. ;)

edited December 1969

Awe come'on. You know you love a challenge! :P

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,739
    edited December 1969

Excellent. Is it possible to increase the quality of shoes/boots conversion even further?

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Excellent. Is it possible to increase the quality of shoes/boots conversion even further?

I've done the best that I can. So far nothing seems to prevent some distortion on the thickest of platform soles, but it works quite well on basically anything that doesn't have a huge platform or a huge platform plus a super-high heel. Like I said, it's better than Autofit.

And I do love a challenge, Ram. I don't love a kick in the head, though. :-D

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,739
    edited December 1969

Ok, thanks for the answer. Waiting for the release, then.

edited January 2013

I never kick a lady spider, I'm a much more behaved Wolffie than others. Just asking hon. So does the template include for flats and like work boots with a slight heel?? I have MOST of Connie Kats Tool Boi sets converted over to Genesis but the boots looked HORRID so I just let it go. If they can now be converted mostly without issues I'm so in line for this product.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

It should. Neither ToolBoi boot set is bigger than the Reiver heels, which converted all right per the pic (and M4 stuff usually comes across better than V4 because it's closer to the shape of Genesis).

edited December 1969

Good to know. Thanks hon!

edited January 2013

And the morphing features. Here is Genesis Freak 4 wearing Defiant (with the Audacious textures) morphed using the transfer template morphs I created for the product. This product is great for adding breast bridging or just general morph support to outfits that came out before your favorite character morphs and thus do not support them.

F4Demo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

This looks very useful! Awesome!!

edited December 1969

One request Sickle, could you post a wireframe image of an item with a skirt? I would like to see if it solves the stretching caused by autofit in the skirt.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    One request Sickle, could you post a wireframe image of an item with a skirt? I would like to see if it solves the stretching caused by autofit in the skirt.

It doesn't totally. So far I haven't found anything that does. I'll be happy to demonstrate, though. I know I should know this already, but how do I make the wireframe show up in renders? When I've tried it before it would show in the viewport but not render the wireframe.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

It doesn't totally. So far I haven't found anything that does. I'll be happy to demonstrate, though. I know I should know this already, but how do I make the wireframe show up in renders? When I've tried it before it would show in the viewport but not render the wireframe.

I didn't think it would totally but I did want to see how well it did...that's one of my biggest issues with autofit.

I don't know that you can render it. I normally print screen and paste it into a jpeg file.

thanks for this...

edited December 1969

The first one is with autofit, and the second is with transfer utility, Morph--V4, and my dress template. This is SAV's beautiful Dragon Lady dress.

afterskirt.jpg
    454 x 600 - 229K
    beforeskirt.jpg
    462 x 600 - 242K
    edited January 2013

The first one is with autofit, and the second is with transfer utility, Morph--V4, and my dress template. This is SAV's beautiful Dragon Lady dress.

Wow! That is much better...this would be a must have for me!

Hem looks better too...is the back also better? That stretches as well as the front...

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

And here's the Selene dress converted (because it's pretty and I like it), in render and in wireframe. The crinkle in the center (visible on the previous post as well) irons out ok with a texture on and a smoothing modifier. Using Morph V4 instead of Clone V4 gives better results, I think.

(Crosspost) Hang on, let me screencap the back.

SeleneConvertedWF.jpg
    388 x 600 - 145K
    SeleneConverted.jpg
    461 x 600 - 146K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,559
    edited December 1969

...impressive. Now i can finally use a lot of the nice long skirts & coats as well as the rollerblades for V4.

edited January 2013

Thanks, Kid. :) I hope a lot of people will want the rig/morph features too (the conversion wouldn't work without them), but I knew when I started that the conversion would be what would get the most attention.

Back view of the converted DragonLady dress per Pen's request. Autofit on the left. It is bed time here, but I will respond to further comments/queries tomorrow first thing!

afterskirtback.jpg
    478 x 773 - 257K
    beforeskirtback.jpg
    457 x 756 - 274K
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kid. :) I hope a lot of people will want the rig/morph features too (the conversion wouldn't work without them), but I knew when I started that the conversion would be what would get the most attention.

Back view of the converted DragonLady dress per Pen's request. Autofit on the left. It is bed time here, but I will respond to further comments/queries tomorrow first thing!

Thanks Sickle...so much better. I can see what you mean there is still a small amount of stretching but you wouldn't notice it with most textures. Very nicely done...: )

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Have any examples of short/mini skirts? I find the TU always gives them a little V-shaped divot in the front center at the bottom that doesn't go away no matter how much you crank the smoothing level up. As such, not a single short skirt I've tried to convert has been usable on Genesis.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Impressive - another must-have utility set from you!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309
    edited December 1969

Very impressive, I miss the boot leggers and the Zettas.

How does it do at converting belts and harnesses with scabbards and bags attached please?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

You are great @@;

I must get it!! thank you much,,for many your good product .(and free items)
    I feel you think much and understand well,,, what user hope.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

This sounds really exciting. I may be able to use the Kids 4 dresses and shoes for the Genesis basic child. I agree with cwichura, I would like to see how well it handles shorter skirts. I am just starting to learn Hexagon, and like that this should help me make well fitting clothes for Genesis.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

This looks fantastic! Nice work here Sickle!