The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest

StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
edited April 2013 in The Commons

IMPORTANT NOTE:
if your posting a non entry,please label it as such

The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest

Your chance to win the entire Stonemason catalogue! http://www.daz3d.com/stonemason
The ultimate collection of 3d Environments
115 models included!
Includes all DAZ Originals 'created by' Stonemason

First Place -The Stonemason Complete DAZ3D catalogue,115 models!

-----------------------

Second Place - Any 30 models from the Stonemason catalogue

-----------------------
Third Place - Any 20 models from the Stonemason catalogue

-----------------------

runner up 1: Any 10 models from the Stonemason catalogue
runner up 2: Any 5 models from the Stonemason catalogue
runner up 3: Any 3 models from the Stonemason catalogue

Random winners:at the end of each week(Saturday) one random entry will win Any 1 model from the Stonemason catalogue(random winners will still be eligible for all other prizes),these prizes are given on the basis of participation.

-----------------------
Community Choice - at the end of the challenge I will ask the community to choose their favourite images,these will be eligible for the following prizes

Community Challenge First Place : any 30 models from the Stonemason catalogue
Community Challenge Second Place : any 20 models from the Stonemason catalogue
Community Challenge Third Place : any 10 models from the Stonemason catalogue

-----------------

Judges -
Stefan Morrell (Stonemason)
(more judges may be added later)

-------------------

Brief:Your task is to be creative,the most interesting and visually dynamic image will take the prize.the theme is wide open so use your imagination well.

Challenge Begins: 25th January (This Friday)
Challenge Deadline: 15th March

Post image entries to this thread,keep in mind there will be a lot of images so please dont post images that are too large(I recommend no larger than 1500 pixels)

----------------------------------

How to Enter
To enter, reply to the thread and upload your entry image. Images will be automatically resized/recompressed by the forum software, but the original will be viewable by clicking on the resized image.

You must include the following information in the text of your entry reply:
The title of your image.
Software used to create your image.
Stonemason products used in your image.
you may watermark or sign your images

The Contest organizers and DAZ3D assume no responsibility for lost, misdirected, illegible or late entries or for failed computer transmissions or technical failures

Rules and Requirements
This contest is only open to members of the DAZ3D forums.
Each entry must feature at least one (1) Stonemason model,Content created by other artists may be included to create any images entered into the contest.
You may use any 3D program to create your image; postwork is allowed and encouraged.
All entries must follow the DAZ3D Terms of Service. No nudity, violence or profanity will be allowed.
All entries must be new images--not previously available for public viewing--or will be disqualified. Public posting includes display on blogs, forum posts or any web page without restricted access. Entries may be posted publicly after the winner of the contest has been announced.
You may submit two images per person.
Images must meet the following specifications:
Must be in JPG format.

Contest Rules
To participate in the Contest you must be 18 years of age or older. The contest is open to individuals only. Groups are not allowed.. Void where prohibited.

If you are selected as a contest winner or random winner, you agree that the Contest organizers may publicize your community name and your contest entry. Apart from the prizes associated with being selected as a winner, the Contest organizers shall not be obligated to compensate you in any way for such publicity.

Each entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold the Contest organizers and DAZ3D harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to that entrant's participation in the contest. In no event shall the Contest organizers or DAZ3D be liable to an entrant for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the contest or that entrant's participation in the contest.

Any artwork found to violate the rules of the contest will be immediately pulled from the contest whether before, during, or after the judging process.
Odds of winning depend on the quality of entries received. All taxes, including income taxes, are the sole responsibility of winners. No prize substitution is permitted. Winner(s) may be required to verify their entry.

Notification
The winning entries will be announced on the DAZ3D forums following the contest. Following the announcement, individual winners will be notified by private message. Winners have 14 days from the date that notification is sent to claim the prize. Prize may be claimed by return private message. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.Contest organizers and DAZ3D will not be liable for non-received prize notifications.

IMPORTANT Please check your private messages for notification of prizes

Note: All images entered in the contest are copyrighted and owned by the artist. By submitting to a contest, the artist agrees to grant the Contest organizers the right to print or otherwise re-publish the submitted images in various marketing or web materials so long as credit is given to the artist as the original creator of the image(s). No image(s) may be taken or used by any other third party without permission from the artist.
You must be logged in to submit an entry.

Happy rendering!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

reserved....

edited December 1969

reserved..

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209
    edited December 1969

What a bad time for the graphics card to burn out...lol...love your stuff..guess we will see if this old (and I mean really old) P4 can handle the older version of Daz I managed to find (thank god for the 400+ disks I saved stuff to). I look forward to the upcoming images that will be posted.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

should be fun - got to see what I have

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

Wow....an extremely generous list of prizes....good luck everyone one.

This will certainly be a thread to keep an eye.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

*drools*

All....of...Stonemason's products.....

Count me in.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    What a bad time for the graphics card to burn out...lol...love your stuff..guess we will see if this old (and I mean really old) P4 can handle the older version of Daz I managed to find (thank god for the 400+ disks I saved stuff to). I look forward to the upcoming images that will be posted.
    At least it is just the GC...my motherborad went pop on new years eve.

Now I am really depressed Walks of swearing and shouting looking for something to break. :)

Good luck with the contest Stnoemason and all who enter.

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Woot! What an enticing contest, awesome!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Challenge Deadline: 15th March
    Beware the Ides of March! :cheese: (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Entries may be posted publicly after the winner of the contest has been announced.

Which leaves me out -- I almost never have that kind of patience. :-P Still, there's always great art in these, looking forward to it.
  • edited December 1969

How exciting! I can't wait to get started on this!

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

How fun! Count me in.

edited December 1969

what does the catalogue look like? :)

Untitled-1.jpg
    2000 x 1473 - 759K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Looks lovely - and scary.
    Scary because I have quite a many of your models.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

What a wonderful contest with such generous, wonderful, tempting prizes. ;) I see that it will be a tough competition and very fun to try and to watch.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

Count me in as well. Thanks Stonemason!!!

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Count me in!

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

absolutelly IN!!!

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

Time to get my Creative Juices going!.. Im in

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Just so im clear, products *CREATED* by Stonemason, but *OWNED* by Daz3D are still valid towards the "at least 1 stonemason product" requirement? Such as:
    Darkstar - http://www.daz3d.com/the-dark-star
    Level 19 - http://www.daz3d.com/level-19

etc?

-MJ

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited January 2013

If I had to guess I'd say yes because it is still a Stonemason product. But, you may want to wait for Stefan to confirm it.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Actually i would've thought No because they technically are not "Stonemason Products". They are now Daz3D products, just created by him.
    But I was confused to see these same items listed in "his catalogue" of offered prizes.

-MJ

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

already working on my piece for this contest :)

edited December 1969

Just to make sure everything is clear for everyone..Does must contain at least one Stonemason product also include the freebies that have so generously been given over the years (and of which I have all of them), including the dystopian blocks that have always been available for free here at Daz?

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    Just to make sure everything is clear for everyone..Does must contain at least one Stonemason product also include the freebies that have so generously been given over the years (and of which I have all of them), including the dystopian blocks that have always been available for free here at Daz?

Psst..the dystopian blocks are not by stonemason ;)

Rawn

edited December 1969

***Goes to search memory files for possible damage*** My Bad...lol

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,980
    edited December 1969

wow O_O

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    already working on my piece for this contest :)

same here

I like the fact that we can use ANY 3D program. cause I will be using 2 different programs to create my scene ^_^

edited December 1969

Oh Question.. what are the resolution limits if any??

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

wallace3d said:
    Oh Question.. what are the resolution limits if any??

The rules in the first post say:
    Post image entries to this thread,keep in mind there will be a lot of images so please dont post images that are too large(I recommend no larger than 1500 pixels)
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

In two minds whether to enter or not! On the one hand the prizes are fantastic and a very generous offer, but on the other hand I'm not all that great at the art and I suspect my competition will beat me with a dirty stick!

On the issue of whether the DAZ owned items are allowed in the contest, I would say they probably are, since they are included in the prizes.