JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    You could do it with a bunch of card decks as well 1-14 and 8 glasses each, and huge pile of cards to draw from, might be easier in a pub not frequented by RPG gamers ;-)

And have a theme night as well... Just geek out.

Cards_LOTR_NZ_Mobile_Cards.jpg
    400 x 300 - 68K
    Star-Wars-Playing-Cards-2.jpg
    400 x 287 - 28K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

I ran a few games in my head to find any obvious flaws or stalemate problems, and how to make it a little more exciting, and here are the rules for the JAS Official drinking game

JAS Official Drinking Game
    - Each player brings a deck of cards.
    - Each player picks out the spades from the deck and places the them from Ace to King, thirteen cards, in front of them on a table.
    - The remaining cards, including up to two Jokers, are place in the common card pile.
    - The common card pile is now shuffled.
    - Now each player puts eight glasses with something in it on the cards in front of him/her leaving five empty cards.
    - The first player, either the oldest or the one you are celebrating picks the top card from the common card pile.
    - Card reading:

* If the card is a red card
    Red card: If there is a glass on your cards matching the number on the card (1-13), drink it, and place the glass down again, if the glass was empty, turn that glass upside down, this glass now doesn't count as a glass, this is just for counting..
    Red card: If the card is empty, and the player clockwise from you has a glass on that card, take that glass, drink it, and put it down on your card, if the glass was empty, turn that glass upside down, this glass now doesn't count as a glass, this is just for counting.
    Red card: If your card is empty, and the card clockwise from you is empty, remain thirsty!

* If the card is a black card
    Black card: If there is a glass on you matching card, give it to the person clockwise from you, he/she must drink it and place it on his/her card. If the glass was empty, turn that glass upside down instead, this glass now doesn't count as a glass, this is just for counting.
    Black card: If you card is empty, and the player counter clockwise from you has a glass on that card, that player musty drink that glass. If the glass was empty, turn that glass upside down instead, this glass now doesn't count as a glass, this is just for counting.
    Black card: If your card is empty, and the card clockwise from you is empty, nothing happens.

* if the card is a joker
    Joker: If you have an empty card (remember, turned glasses does not count as glass) , take any glass from anyone, drink it at place it on an empty card.

Winning the game.
    When all glasses are empty, the one with most glasses , turned or not, on his cards is the winner and most probably the most drunken person around the table as well.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

Excellent work mate!

"is the winner and most probably the most drunken person "

It even includes the grand prize! lol

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    carrie58 said:
    Well all I can say is thank goodness I only drink Ale ......Ginger Ale that is ......so I guess that'll make me the designated driver ..... but somebody has got to help me get SimonJM back into a chair !!

Could we not just wait 'til he renders himself senseless? ;-)

That ain't gonna take long! ;) And go stand on the naughty step for an hour for that pun! ;)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Nothing wrong with that pun..I give 10 for it. :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I thought we play a little game. Everyone draws 20 circles in front of them, and place their glasses on them (leaving some numbers without glasses).

Then the first person, Jack in this case, rolls one d20 (twenty sided dice). If he rolls a number with a glass on, he can drink that, if the glass is empty, tough luck. If he rolls a number without a glass, he can check the person next to him, clockwise, if that person has a glass on the number, he can drink that and place the glass on his number, then he can move one glass on his table (to avoid being drinked by the guy on the other side), then he pass the dice to the next one. Winner is the one with the most glasses on his table when they all are empty!

(I came up with this game while walking the dogs btw)

That's a good idea. I'll have to remember that one.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    I quit drinking after getting my 2nd divorce, didn't need the escape ......but ......
    Trying to remember my drinking with the guys edicate ,collect keys before drinking starts ,if they insist on keeping keys wait until third drink then tell them you need to get a sweater out of the car,for which they will give you the car keys, even if you didn't come in their car .......otherwise it's wait and sneak out to the parking lot and let the air out of a tire ......then just sit back and relax ........and volunteer to give the guy with the flat a ride home too .....

Wow Carrie58.. you sound pretty sensible, you can stay around here lol!

Well thank you for the invite!! I've been lurking and ya'll seem like a fine bunch to hang around with too .......lol!!

edited December 1969

Yea they're a good bunch :)

edited December 1969

hey speak for yourself. :) :P :coolcheese:
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    ~ROFLMAO~ You haven't had enough to drink Pete. You sounded way too sober when you said that. :coolgrin:
    edited December 1969

It's football(US) Sunday (Division Championship Games) so I'm sure we can get snuckered

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Szark said:

~ROFLMAO~ You haven't had enough to drink Pete. You sounded way too sober when you said that. :coolgrin:Now you see the problem with not drinking...I am always sober. But at least I can have fun and make an idiot out of myself and still remember it the next day though sometimes I wish I couldn't. :)
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Miss B said:
    Szark said:

~ROFLMAO~ You haven't had enough to drink Pete. You sounded way too sober when you said that. :coolgrin:Now you see the problem with not drinking...I am always sober. But at least I can have fun and make an idiot out of myself and still remember it the next day though sometimes I wish I couldn't. :)
    hahahahahah yeah but my view is very similar ,I am always sober ,which means I can have fun and make an idiot out of myself ,but !! the people I'm with don't remember it the next day, even if I do ,the downside is I also remember what they did/were doing.........
    edited December 1969

yeah then you can have more fun telling them what they did and what they looked like, even better when you take pics or vid...I enjoy that bit. LOL

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Nothing wrong with that pun..I give 10 for it. :)

A 10 out of 10 IMHO...

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited January 2013

Hey, it's a new page, can I get off the naughty step now? (v_v)n... ... ;-)

*also a sober one -_-*

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

lol sure MFM..

And it's cool - the JAS welcomes everyone, sober or not! :D

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

lol sure MFM..

And it's cool - the JAS welcomes everyone, sober or not! :D

What he meant was that Jack welcomes everyone, no matter if Jack is sober or not ;-)

edited December 1969

LOL. Jack is a great guy

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    LOL. Jack is a great guy

:red: ;)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    LOL. Jack is a great guy
    Hey we don't tell Jack that to his face. :P
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    yeah then you can have more fun telling them what they did and what they looked like, even better when you take pics or vid...I enjoy that bit. LOL

Ya know Pete, it's scary how much we think a-like. :coolsmirk:
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Frank0314 said:
    LOL. Jack is a great guy

Worried that giving compliments to Jack will inflate his ego? :lol:

Btw, lost your avatar too, Szark? Welcome to the club...

edited December 1969

Yea, that's probably it - I'm a modest guy though, so no worries about that :)

Oh yea, I see you're both missing your avatars... did they get snatched in the night? are they being held hostage somewhere?

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Check under the table... their 14s are looking pretty empty... ;-)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Frank0314 said:
    LOL. Jack is a great guy

Worried that giving compliments to Jack will inflate his ego? :lol:

Btw, lost your avatar too, Szark? Welcome to the club... Yeah we can't be having ego explosions around here...if that was to happen I would have to put my foot down with a firm hand. :)

Avatars I was testing two things 1: CS2 as we got free from Adobe and I was messing with my Avatar pic and 2: I was testing to see if they had fixed the avatar issue on the forums....conclusion CS2 work great on Windows 7 and the forums are still broken. :)

edited December 1969

Any news on the new PC? are you out of action as far as DS stuff goes for the time being?

edited December 1969

Jack I think the earlist I can get a new PC will be around July now. Been looking at the state of my finances really hard and with all the changes about to happen here I am going to delay a newcomputer until I have enough for what I want and not going with something I don't want.

I did install Ds4.5 on this laptop but with the Intel onboard graphics I uninstalled it.

So to answer your question Jack, nope won't have access to Daz Studio or any other software apart from Photoshop until I get a new PC.

Just when I had started to get serious with modelling and texture making. At least I can learn CS2 in the meantime so not all lost. :) Going to install Blender on the Laptop so I can continue with that. All I can say thank god for USB Hard Drives. :)

edited December 1969

Bah that's bad news mate!

edited December 1969

Yeah it does but I can't do anything about it and you get used to it after a while, I don't like it but I accept it. :)

This discussion has been closed.