DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• Hurricane-HektorHurricane-Hektor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi! So, I just seen this post and I'm wondering, if I do the upgrade, will I have to reload all the contents I have already installed or will it be automatically transferred? Including the version 4 items/models I have already installed, like V4, M4 and Hiro bundles?

Yes, I'm sure you can tell I'm a nooby by asking that question! LOL

Thank you!!!!

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

Hi! So, I just seen this post and I'm wondering, if I do the upgrade, will I have to reload all the contents I have already installed or will it be automatically transferred? Including the version 4 items/models I have already installed, like V4, M4 and Hiro bundles?

Yes, I'm sure you can tell I'm a nooby by asking that question! LOL

Thank you!!!!

As long as you use the same installation paths for the program and GSE, everything will be fine :)

• Hurricane-HektorHurricane-Hektor Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

In other words, just install it the same way I did with the 4.5 version?

(Same folder file destination when I first installed it, is what you meant, right?)

If so, thank you!!!! If not, then I'm lost! LOL

Post edited by Hurricane-Hektor on
  • WADE_d024e271cfWADE_d024e271cf Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

No it is not there and I have looked on the web and at Daz and as far as I can tell there is no Mimic of any kind for Dazstudio 4.5.16 Pro. There is mimic that I have and Mimic 64 bit and yes I have the serials but they will not load into Daz 64 says in the PLUGINS folder they are for a different version.

edited December 1969

In other words, just install it the same way I did with the 4.5 version?

(Same folder file destination when I first installed it, is what you meant, right?)

If so, thank you!!!! If not, then I'm lost! LOL

Yes LOL :)

edited December 1969

wjamband said:
    No it is not there and I have looked on the web and at Daz and as far as I can tell there is no Mimic of any kind for Dazstudio 4.5.16 Pro. There is mimic that I have and Mimic 64 bit and yes I have the serials but they will not load into Daz 64 says in the PLUGINS folder they are for a different version.

http://www.daz3d.com/software/mimic/mimic-live

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

wjamband said:

I'm also confused by the state of play of Mimic Pro 64. The plug in that linmks Studio to Mimic seems to have disappeared, and Mimic Live is apparently the integrated replacement. This is of course a separate program which needs to be purchased, which is a bummer for those who already paid for the Pro version of Mimic! The store isn't clear at all, so some updated information would be helpful.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited January 2013

Dr Stupid said:
    wjamband said:

I'm also confused by the state of play of Mimic Pro 64. The plug in that linmks Studio to Mimic seems to have disappeared, and Mimic Live is apparently the integrated replacement. This is of course a separate program which needs to be purchased, which is a bummer for those who already paid for the Pro version of Mimic! The store isn't clear at all, so some updated information would be helpful.The only 64 bit versions of Mimic that we have ever produced are Mimic Pro 64 for Carrara, and Mimic Live for 64 bit DS.

There is lipsync in DS 4.5 (32 bit only) which is equivalent to Mimic Lite and the stand alone versions of Mimic which are also 32 bit.

Edited to add, Mimic Live is only set up to take live sound, like from a mike, so that may, or may not be what you are looking for.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    wjamband said:

I'm also confused by the state of play of Mimic Pro 64. The plug in that linmks Studio to Mimic seems to have disappeared, and Mimic Live is apparently the integrated replacement. This is of course a separate program which needs to be purchased, which is a bummer for those who already paid for the Pro version of Mimic! The store isn't clear at all, so some updated information would be helpful.

The only 64 bit versions of Mimic that we have ever produced are Mimic Pro 64 for Carrara, and Mimic Live for 64 bit DS.

There is lipsync in DS 4.5 (32 bit only) which is equivalent to Mimic Lite and the stand alone versions of Mimic which are also 32 bit.

Edited to add, Mimic Live is only set up to take live sound, like from a mike, so that may, or may not be what you are looking for.

Thanks! That explains everything perfectly :)

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

After a "new" installtion of Windows 8 all my programs was deleted. Now I want to install DAZ 4.5.1.56 again and get the error that you can see on the pic.

Before all programs are deleted anything works without problems. I have also installed the latest drivers for my graphic card, but nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

Error.jpg
    527 x 141 - 43K
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

After a "new" installtion of Windows 8 all my programs was deleted. Now I want to install DAZ 4.5.1.56 again and get the error that you can see on the pic.

Before all programs are deleted anything works without problems. I have also installed the latest drivers for my graphic card, but nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

What is your graphics card, and have you checked to see if it supports Windows 8 and OpenGL 1.3?

edited December 1969

If daz has a mimic lite in daz 32 bit then what is the 64 bit version and why not have the lipsynk capability in the daz 64 bit ver? I like daz and use it often especially with Zbrush but there are a lot of problems with it still this is just one. Try to to go from Bryce back to daz or to open a scn Carrara that is a DAZ scn. I am happy with Daz over all but they sure could do a better job working with with their own products. Also Since I am an avid Cinema 4d user I would like to see a direct interaction with C4d like GO Z. Just a pipe dream. Like I said to begin with I like DazStudio but sometimes.

edited December 1969

wjamband said:
    If daz has a mimic lite in daz 32 bit then what is the 64 bit version and why not have the lipsynk capability in the daz 64 bit ver? I like daz and use it often especially with Zbrush but there are a lot of problems with it still this is just one. Try to to go from Bryce back to daz or to open a scn Carrara that is a DAZ scn. I am happy with Daz over all but they sure could do a better job working with with their own products. Also Since I am an avid Cinema 4d user I would like to see a direct interaction with C4d like GO Z. Just a pipe dream. Like I said to begin with I like DazStudio but sometimes.
    Licensing.
    edited December 1969

Licensing.? That might explain the lip sync problem nut not the problem das has or working with Bryce or Carrara , I have the old Mimic pro which can export wave files and then I can lip sink in C4d so it is not a major issue for me. I would use Bryce more if it actually worked better with daz. I have all but given up on Carrara due to its lack of Modeling capabilities. So I just use daz as a base now and then Zbrush and everything else in C4d then After effects then premiere pro. Done. I use to really like Hexagon but it is so unstable and flaky I had to give up on it.

edited December 1969

wjamband said:
    Licensing.? That might explain the lip sync problem nut not the problem das has or working with Bryce or Carrara , I have the old Mimic pro which can export wave files and then I can lip sink in C4d so it is not a major issue for me. I would use Bryce more if it actually worked better with daz. I have all but given up on Carrara due to its lack of Modeling capabilities. So I just use daz as a base now and then Zbrush and everything else in C4d then After effects then premiere pro. Done. I use to really like Hexagon but it is so unstable and flaky I had to give up on it.

DUF scenes, that do not include .daz files open just fine in Carrara 8.5. What modeling tools is Carrara missing? What is flaky in Hex 2.5.1.79?

edited December 1969

Everything in hex is flaky. it crashes all the time. Check the complaints on the web. I do not know about Carrara 8.5 I bought the 8 pro sometime back. Like I said sine it is horrid at modeling I seldom use it anymore. I will check to see if there is an update to my Carrara. As far as Mimic is concerned if it only takes in a MIC input it would be of little use to anyone anyway as no one person can sound like many of different sexes and cultures etc... I am pretty sure that the old mimic would load a wave file but then again I have not used it in some time so I could be wrong. The point is here that Daz x 64 should have this capability and it should include importing of wav. files. For what I use Daz for it works good for me but I would use it more if it had the wav. import mimic style voice machine. Better still if it exported Cr2.

edited December 1969

wjamband said:
    Everything in hex is flaky. it crashes all the time. Check the complaints on the web. I do not know about Carrara 8.5 I bought the 8 pro sometime back. Like I said sine it is horrid at modeling I seldom use it anymore. I will check to see if there is an update to my Carrara. As far as Mimic is concerned if it only takes in a MIC input it would be of little use to anyone anyway as no one person can sound like many of different sexes and cultures etc... I am pretty sure that the old mimic would load a wave file but then again I have not used it in some time so I could be wrong. The point is here that Daz x 64 should have this capability and it should include importing of wav. files. For what I use Daz for it works good for me but I would use it more if it had the wav. import mimic style voice machine. Better still if it exported Cr2.
    We can't fix it if we don't know what is broken. Virtually all the stability bugs were fixed in Hex 2.5.1.79. Since this has nothing to do with DS 4.5.1.56, please post in a new thread or point me to this thread you are talking about.

You said that Carrara was missing tools, what tools? Again, please be specific, and again, since this is a DS thread, please post this in a new thread in the appropriate place, and get me a link. .

I said Mimic Live, which is the only Mimic plug-in available for 64 bit DAZ Studio only takes input from a Microphone. Mimic Pro (Standalone) Mimic Lite (Standalone), Mimic Pro for Carrara, and Lip Sync (included in 32 bit DAZ Studio) all take wave files.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

I've just had another crash while rendering a simple scene with Age of Armours new shaders, the odd thing was the crash box came up but the scene continued to render.

edited December 1969

I've just had another crash while rendering a simple scene with Age of Armours new shaders, the odd thing was the crash box came up but the scene continued to render.

What was the simple scene, and which shader preset?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

A room, a table 1 skull, cup, maps, globe,candle and a few other bits and pieces, a scene I have rendered several times without problems in the previous version of DS, I had used about 3 of the presets sorry can't remember which ones.
    Linear point lights and an Uberenvironment.

• virginia10thvirginia10th Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Aaaaaaaarrrrgggggggghhhhhh

This is seriously doing my head in!!!

Everything working perfectly until I upgraded from one version of 4.5 to the latest one now all smart content has gone and the search doesn't work.

CMS is running in the task manager but not working in Daz and I cannot even reset the database in Daz. None of the commands in the Content Database Management do anything whatsoever.

Really wish I had not upgraded and stuck with my working version.

I uninstalled the CMS before doing the upgrade as suggested in another thread then installed Daz and the Genesis essentials starter kit but didn't manually uninstall Daz as another thread said it is done automatically and it did say it was uninstalling the previous version.

All my content is there but I cannot search for stuff and the smart content is empty even though the CMS is running according to my task manager.

I am tearing my hair out so anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by virginia10th on
    edited December 1969

Everything working perfectly until I upgraded from one version of 4.5 to the latest one now all smart content has gone and the search doesn't work.

CMS is running in the task manager but not working in Daz and I cannot even reset the database in Daz. None of the commands in the Content Database Management do anything whatsoever.

I uninstalled the CMS before doing the upgrade as suggested in another thread then installed Daz and the Genesis essentials starter kit but didn't manually uninstall Daz as another thread said it is done automatically and it did say it was uninstalling the previous version.

All my content is there but I cannot search for stuff and the smart content is empty even though the CMS is running according to my task manager.

Thanks in advance.

Try re-importing the Metadata from the menu on the Content Library pane/tab (below search icon). It's in Content DB Maintenance.

edited December 1969

A room, a table 1 skull, cup, maps, globe,candle and a few other bits and pieces, a scene I have rendered several times without problems in the previous version of DS, I had used about 3 of the presets sorry can't remember which ones.
    Linear point lights and an Uberenvironment.

Can you render it without the shaders?

edited December 1969

Thanks in advance.

Try re-importing the Metadata from the menu on the Content Library pane/tab (below search icon). It's in Content DB Maintenance.

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that doesn't work either.

Any more ideas?

edited December 1969

Thanks in advance.

Any more ideas?

I assume that the location where you installed Genesis Starter Essentials is mapped in Content Library? If so, try this.

Stop and uninstall CMS (from Start - Programs - DAZ - Content Management Service). Goto

%ProgramData%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

in Windows Explorer, and delete the database files. Reinstall DAZ Studio to install the CMS, and reimport the Metadata in Content DB Maintenance.

edited December 1969

Thanks in advance.

Any more ideas?

I assume that the location where you installed Genesis Starter Essentials is mapped in Content Library? If so, try this.

Stop and uninstall CMS (from Start - Programs - DAZ - Content Management Service). Goto

%ProgramData%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

in Windows Explorer, and delete the database files. Reinstall DAZ Studio to install the CMS, and reimport the Metadata in Content DB Maintenance.

Just did all of that and still no joy :(

edited December 1969

Start DAZ Studio, and then check in Task Manager to see if CMS is running after DS has started. If it is, do you see a list a installed products when you want to Re-Import the Metadata?

edited December 1969

Start DAZ Studio, and then check in Task Manager to see if CMS is running after DS has started. If it is, do you see a list a installed products when you want to Re-Import the Metadata?

CMS shows in taskmanager and yes I do see a list of installed products when I re-import the metadata but still no smart content or the ability to search.

All my stuff seems to be there so I really don't understand this.

edited December 1969

CMS shows in taskmanager and yes I do see a list of installed products when I re-import the metadata but still no smart content or the ability to search.

All my stuff seems to be there so I really don't understand this.

Could you please create a bug report for this:

https://bugs.daz3d.com

You will need to register, as it uses a different login.

Thanks.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Newbie question- I installed the new version, but noticed I only had installation guides for Texture Atlas, FBX Exporter, and Content Creator Toolkit. No files. If they are included IN the studio, (question I asked months ago, and I believe people said they were) then why are these installation guides included?