CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    School Girl!

One of your girls? or is that the 6to8 girl? She's sweet looking.

:-)

She's one of the Young Teens for Genesis.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Trying to get the ^%^^$& ebots to work again

You need a can of WD40, a roll of duct tape and a hammer...lol.

I hear that I get one working and the others stop

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Here's a couple I did with Reality 2 in DS 3.

1958EdselLux1.jpg
    960 x 756 - 285K
    1957NomadLux1.jpg
    960 x 768 - 230K
    edited December 1969

Well...page 51! We are over the halfway point towards Mark III (Thread will only go to 100 pages.). We are hanging in there and been on the first page throughout one and a half sets of threads. Keep 'em comin' friends.

edited December 1969

I think the only reason we ever fell past the first page of the Art Studio forum is because they were still having issues with the forum at that time, otherwise I don't think we would have ever fallen past that first page!

edited December 1969

Welcome to Edsels Night Club, proudly presenting "THE EDSELS"!

the_edsels00.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 418K
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Back with the Car Patio and a 1937 Cord 812 Beverly Sedan.

1937_Cord_Beverly_Sedan.jpg
    1147 x 884 - 159K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:

Ha ha...I just got through with that one a few days ago. Love this.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Cherokee said:

Ha ha...I just got through with that one a few days ago. Love this.

That's cool, it's an awesome car. So come on, let's see a render.

edited December 1969

Hold your horses Cherokee!...real life just kicked in...lol.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Hold your horses Cherokee!...real life just kicked in...lol.

Oh, I know how that can be..happens to me all the time.

edited December 1969

Officer Stadanko!

Officer_Stadanko3.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 478K
    Officer_Stadanko2.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 415K
    Officer_Stadanko1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 407K
    Officer_Stadanko.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 383K
    edited January 2013

betsy662 said:
    Officer Stadanko!

I thought it was deputy Perkins from Sheriff Lobo TV show...in the 70s. He would always say..."It's a dirty job, but somebodys gotta do it!"

So...what car is that?

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited January 2013

Here is my poor attempt at making my 67 Ford F100. The mesh turned out rotten...lol. Thank God for shaders or I would have been buried!

f100PatioSceneDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 234K
    100_2349_Daz.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 389K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    Officer Stadanko!

I thought it was deputy Perkins from Sheriff Lobo TV show...in the 70s. He would always say..."It's a dirty job, but somebodys gotta do it!"

So...what car is that?

That car is N7's 51 Buick 4 door. It lends itself very well to being a police car.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Here is my poor attempt at making my 67 Ford F100. The mesh turned out rotten...lol. Thank God for shaders or I would have been buried!

With a little more practice, you might just get the hang of it, you made a better mesh that I possibly could at this point!

• edited December 1969

hey music overall its not a bad mesh but without knowing the modeler i cant say what the easiest fixes are
    for the most part it looks like some of the creases and edges need to be reinforced with an extra edgeloop to keep them clean after smoothing
    parts of it look great especialy for a first run my first mesh was so bed i didnt even keep it
    overall id say its still as good as most of whats out there
    looking forward to seeing the progress
    if you did it in blender and need help just hollar

edited January 2013

You guys are just being nice...lol. The side had a chrome strip down it all the way that was part of the body mesh. I had to remove it, therefore patch the mesh. Also the grill, I had to make the inserts. It is actually a '79 grill. I just reworked it. No interior either. It was missing the bumpers, so I made them for the original truck below, the wheels and tires, headlights, side mirrors and gas cap too. Still needs wipers and motor and running gear under it.

I may just start over, strip it down and redo it starting with a frame. Assemble it part by part with the cab seperate from the hood, doors, etc.

Here is the truck I used:

f100.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 252K
    1970sFordTruckDaz1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 55K
    edited January 2013

I noticed something I want to point out...when using the car patio for a setting...if you use a real reflective shader on the body, it will reflect back the grain from the cement blocks used on the floor. I have noticed this in about every model I have seen using the car patio. This can cause some real problems with getting the car to look smooth because it clogs up the paint with grain.

just a note!

edited December 1969

But Mus, you are doing so much more than I can, I'm still learning how to use Blender, (do we ever actually stop learning how to use Blender?), your attempt isn't bad, its just a beginning, so keep hammering at it, you will eventually get it!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I noticed something I want to point out...when using the car patio for a setting...if you use a real reflective shader on the body, it will reflect back the grain from the cement blocks used on the floor. I have noticed this in about every model I have seen using the car patio. This has cause some real problems with getting the car to look smooth because it clogs up the paint.

just a note!

I don't have the car patio, even though its nice, I don't use Poser that much, and many of the alternate textures by Dreamland simply don't work in DS.

edited December 1969

Today I reworked the F100 completely. I made a new grill for it, and left the side molding on, but colored it the same as the body. This helped keep the mesh intact. I rerendered it on the car patio without useing shaders which seemed to only add heavy grain to it. After hours of work...here is what I came up with. A great improvement from the last one I think.

f100PatioSceneDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 271K
  • edited December 1969

music just a note i do not placate anyone for the purose of sparing feelings because it accomplishes nothing
    the 1st was pretty good for a 1st try
    1 thing i noticed on both is the front left turnsignal
    on the original it is an inset flat lense but in the model it wraps around under the grill/ head light trim ring
    i dont have the mesh you used to see what was done that seems to be off from the real truck but something just isnt right about it
    but i did just notice 1 small issue with your last try
    look at the bottom attatch point on the side mirror versus the stock position
    it may just be the images ive seen of the 67 f100 but it looks off to me

edited January 2013

music just a note i do not placate anyone for the purose of sparing feelings because it accomplishes nothing
    the 1st was pretty good for a 1st try
    1 thing i noticed on both is the front left turnsignal
    on the original it is an inset flat lense but in the model it wraps around under the grill/ head light trim ring
    i dont have the mesh you used to see what was done that seems to be off from the real truck but something just isnt right about it
    but i did just notice 1 small issue with your last try
    look at the bottom attatch point on the side mirror versus the stock position
    it may just be the images ive seen of the 67 f100 but it looks off to me

SP...I appreciate all comments. I do not wear my heart on my sleeve, so I love an honest opinion. It helps us all grow. Humoring gets us nowhere...lol.

I agree with you on both issues. First, The truck itself is actually a 79, not a 67. All the body parts are interchangable on them in real life except for the front grill. In fact the driver door on my real life one is a 72 and matches perfectly.I reworked the center of the grill today to match the 67. I still need to rework the turn signals next. They should be in their own enclosed housings.

The side mirrors I made were for when I had removed the side molding, now with the new version, the bottom mount sits up on top of the new shape, therefore tilts the entire mirror. I need to go back now and resize it so the bottom mount attatches to the door, not the hump. This will straighten it out. I still have alot to do with it.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. My biggest problem so far has been getting it to render without some of the faces either flipping, or showing dark. If I apply shaders, it throws it all into a spin and reflects back in edgy jutted segments. This, I am sure, is due to the way Sketchup does it's UVs. Different from any other program. It just goes wild all over the place...lol. Plus DS has trouble with triads which this mesh is full of. If I could convert to quads, I would, but even smoothing in Poseray does not help. The new one is not smoothed, so the faces are in place. I just did some postwork to hide the lines...lol.

edited December 1969

Today on one of the yahoogroups I belong to, everyone is showing off their 58 Impala's, so I didn't want to be left out, so I showed mine as well!

58_3.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 1M
    58_2.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 384K
    58_1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 626K
    58.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 564K
    edited December 1969

Sue's new gasser!

sue_s_gasser1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 723K
    sue_s_gasser.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 768K
    edited December 1969

The 58 Impala was one of my first complex car models. I originally got it from a .3ds site and it was missing one of the front fenders and three of the tires were gone. I copied and flipped the front fender and copied the one tire left three times for a complete set. This was before we all knew about Poseray and smoothing them with it and before I discovered shaders. So, the 58 is a special model for me. Here is the first render I did with the one I got.

BTW...Betsy...is that your new Sue you have been working on?...she's cute!

58ChevroletImpalaDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 203K
    edited December 1969

Like Simpleplanning, I will bring up things I notice about a render, hopefully to improve it. We are all friends here and we teach each other things.

I wanted to bring up 2 things I noticed about this render. It is a wonderful setting, and makes me miss touring...lol. I found myself in this kind of setting many times traveling across the Uof A.

First...the 58 you used in this render is kind of funky looking. The front grill is too flat looking and the back section is too. You know that 55 that was available here in the Daz store with the boxed in grill, like someone took a metro taxi cab and just converted it to a 55...this has the same feel to it. Just not right somehow.

Second...If you look at the mountains, the sun is coming from the right hand side, but if you look at the car, the shadow shows the sun coming from the left. Backwards. So if you just move the distant light you used to the other side, the shadow will cast correctly. This was the first thing I noticed when I saw the render. Everything else is wonderful.

edited December 1969

Hey Simple...whatever happened to the 40 FordCoupe you were making? Just curious.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    The 58 Impala was one of my first complex car models. I originally got it from a .3ds site and it was missing one of the front fenders and three of the tires were gone. I copied and flipped the front fender and copied the one tire left three times for a complete set. This was before we all knew about Poseray and smoothing them with it and before I discovered shaders. So, the 58 is a special model for me. Here is the first render I did with the one I got.

BTW...Betsy...is that your new Sue you have been working on?...she's cute!

Yep, thats the new Sue, she is based on V5, the car I used is the same one you have, I can't do that much with Schurby's 58 Impala simply because he has so much hanging on it that is too much a part of the mesh, which the 3ds car doesn't have, much easier working on the 3ds car in Blender, since I can move parts around as needed for the most part.

This discussion has been closed.