Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Novica said:
    Nath said:

Ten minutes to changeover - never going to manage making that list in time. Ah well, even if I hadn't overslept this morning, I don't keep the emails after the payment clears, so...

Oh, so sorry! If you ever have a question on pricing during a sale, we can probably help you. Feel free to ask  wink  Edit- if you bought any of those that show a big difference, you can always PM me and we can see if your order had what I did. You can use Orders in Daz, it won't show the right price but it will show if you had the qualifying items and we can probably figure it out.

Thanks :-) I think I'll survive. Usually being in Europe is an advantage since we get the glitch deals that are fixed by the time the US wakes up. Now it's legit and...

Of course, without daylight savings difference, I'd still have had an hour even now LOL

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2017

I know what you mean about the glitches in the early morning. It's 1am here in Florida, I was up till 6am (off schedule right now, which is why I won't be posting most of the day until the afternoon) and those vehicles were 82% off this morning when I checked out. I didn't realize it was a glitch or I would have bought more probably LOL. The thing is, when I buy early, I always wonder if it will be even better after 8am when Daz employees start fixing things. I can't figure out what it is SUPPOSED to be doing. The one from today (Sunday) was horrible to calculate out with the way the banner was worded. I wasn't the only one confused either. 

Post edited by Novica on

I've bought things early only to be hit by an orange banner later in the day a few times. Nothing a claim couldn't fix, but it's all part of the game (which is maybe also why shopping at DAZ is so addictive *g*)

edited March 2017

Well, I scooped up the Mika Pro Bundle after throwing in what it took to qualify for the extra discounts. With the price it is, it's a no brainer. Leave the chocolates alone and check out! (Edit- may not be a glitch- I just saw the Bonus Buyer additional discount of 30%, trying to figure it out now.)

I didn't even look to see what was in it. I got Martin Frost's plants, I really like his work. 

Post edited by Novica on
    Nath said:

I've bought things early only to be hit by an orange banner later in the day a few times. Nothing a claim couldn't fix, but it's all part of the game (which is maybe also why shopping at DAZ is so addictive *g*)

Right now, trust me you don't need an orange banner.  wink

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited March 2017

Did y'all end up with 82% off Mika? Hoping I didn't miss a discount. ($23.80 for the Pro Bundle?)

Post edited by firewarden on

I'm trying to calculate now, I just saw the Bonus Buyer banner that gave us an additional 30% off the Pro Bundle. So folks, if you're not a Bonus Buyer, don't get Mika until you are. Firewarden- did you get the Pro Bundle? 

edited March 2017

Yes, I got the Pro Bundle. As a bonus buyer, plus one item to add discount.

Post edited by firewarden on
    Novica said:
    Nath said:

Right now, trust me you don't need an orange banner.  wink

I'm still on the fence - I really like one outfit and the bun hair's okay. Mika herself looks cute.

I'm on the fence also, but I figured I grab her and figure it out later, lol. I think I will like her mixed with Toon Generations 2. She's not as elfin to me as Gisella, but she's cute. 

edited March 2017

Okay, let's see. Pro Bundle- $134.95 full price. Discounted 58% to 56.58

I'm going to do 70% of that 56.58 (that's what I am paying with the additional Bonus Buyer 30% off. It comes off the price.)  56.58 x .70= 39.60

Then with a Featured Mad (I got the plants and Aether so I'd get 50% off when buying 2) it's an additional 20% off so 39.60 x .80 (I am paying 80% of that price) it's $31.68

Then the 10% for storewide, Bonus Buyer: 31.68 x .90 (I'm paying 90% of that price) makes it 28.51

You don't say. Is this math right? Did I miss something?

Post edited by Novica on

Firewarden, I am PMing you with what I paid. Let's check against each other so we can tell folks if people are seeing the same prices. Check your PM 

I'm on the fence also, but I figured I grab her and figure it out later, lol. I think I will like her mixed with Toon Generations 2. She's not as elfin to me as Gisella, but she's cute. 

And that's the thing that's keeping me on the fence - I still use Giselle a lot, and I'm not sure I need her again.

Okay, Firewarden and I each got the same price.  I had two of the items from Featured Mad (the plants and Aether)  I had three of the textures from Newly Mad. That wasn't required (only one Featured Mad was, but two increased their discount to 50%)  We both paid less than the $28.51 (It was in the ballpark, nothing drastic) so is my math wrong?

I can get her down to the lower price with just the plants added (and the plants discount to 50/55 too). Looks right to me.

The percentages keep changing for me on discounts of various items. GCs, related items, and vendor items are all fluctuating. Weird.

Novica, I PM'd you.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

The pro bundle WITH one of the Featured Mad for mika items has the pro bundle at 29.76 in my cart. Not sure how to get that lower?

I bought the Pro Bundle and Forest Fey the pose/expression bundle. Do you have the bonus buyer discount banner?

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I think I had her at $28. Let me check invoice.... OH WAIT THAT'S USELESS. And darn it I forgot to use my DO coupon. Darny darn darn.

Yep, i have the bonus buyer banner.  

I bought the Pro Bundle and Forest Fey the pose/expression bundle. Do you have the bonus buyer discount banner?

edited March 2017

The prices are changing then.  I paid $23.79 (and checked out FAST. I didn't even see the 30% bonus buyer thingie, I just knew it was a good price for whatever the reason!)  That 29.76 is not correct if you are a Bonus Buyer. It should indeed be $28.51    My post had the calculations that show how it gets to that price, I can't think of anything else that would cause yours to go up except Firewarden says things are changing. Sit tight because we know the 28.51 is correct, you should get it for at least that price. I'd keep refreshing your cart because it may go back to 23.79  (which is $4.71 cheaper.) 

Post edited by Novica on

Buy her again exactly the same, add coupon, return first purchase. Can you ask them to apply coupon retroactively?

Ah i get it. I had something from the Newly Mad in there instead of something from the Featured Mad. I'll try again.  

I think I had her at $28. Let me check invoice.... OH WAIT THAT'S USELESS. And darn it I forgot to use my DO coupon. Darny darn darn.

Use your email one. That shows the correct price- what you paid for it.

edited March 2017

Jakiblue, try the Pro Bundle with just the plants and see what it does. I'm taking feedback from behind the scenes as to what other folks have found working a few minutes ago. It may have changed. Perhaps the Forest Fey didn't trigger the same discount. I had the plants, so did Firewarden and a few other folks.

Post edited by Novica on

Ok, if I add one of the FEATURED MAD - the Z bewitching expressions, then the pro bundle comes down to $23.80 and the expressions $6.73 to total $30.52

But i actually don't really want any of hte FEATURED MAD items. I'd rather some texture add ons from NEWLY MAD. 

so the pro bundle comes to $29.75 plus iwth the Princess Aaliyah textures $4.09 and total $33.84

Bummer. A cheaper product and the prices goes up. :sigh: I have to wait anyway, and check with hubby if we can actually spare the money. I'd use my $6 coupon to make it even cheaper but it's still more expensive for us due to currency conversion. I'm not even sure if I can get it. So i'll have to wait and see. 

yeah the plants triggered the same as the zeddicuss expressions did, so it's one from the FEATURED MAD that brings it down to $23.80 

Novica said:

Jakiblue, try the Pro Bundle with just the plants and see what it does. I'm taking feedback from behind the scenes as to what other folks have found working a few minutes ago. It may have changed. Perhaps the Forest Fey didn't trigger the same discount. I had the plants, so did Firewarden and a few other folks.

Also, there is ONLY $1 difference between the starter and the pro bundle, so the pro is the better savings. 

Ok so now that the rush of excitement in seeing a pro bundle so cheap and affordable has passed, I took a closer look at Mika and I am decidely unimpressed. She brings absolutely nothing new at all to the morph pool. We have Josie for the "young girl" look......there's aiko and/or Star for the "big eye, fey, animeish" look...and there are third party elf ears as well as base elf ears (included in the g3f morphs i think) available. She also uses the base G3F UV's, not her own UV's, which gives me that feeling of "someone made a character for the 7 line, let's pretend she's a new base/iconic and do a big release on her". (all the base iconics have their own UV's). She's very similar in looks to Sunny, and Sunny was also another one that didn't bring anything new to the party at all. She looked like just a character for the 7's also. 

I'm glad I didn't bite the bullet and get the pro bundle. LOL. There are a couple of outfits which I think are ok, and are going on the wishlist. But that's it. 

This discussion has been closed.