Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

With the vehicles, Bonus Buyer discounts- FWSA Cosima (Genevieve 7) is a Daz Original and starts at 58% off, so she drops down to $3.95. Her upper lip is interesting, I'll tweak that a bit, but if you want a different skin and like those eyebrows, you can put her materials on another character. The price is right!

MRL Evalina is $8.80   Lovely work by Mihrelle as usual.

The Horse and Rider Pose set-  yep, you need to reverse the feet on some of those if you want to be "proper," aka the heels go DOWN to put the grip strength into your calves and contact with the horse (without squeezing, otherwise it's Tally-Ho! time) The rider is sitting too far back in some of them. However, for $5.02 those things will only take a few seconds to fix and it's a good starting point. Also, when a horse is leaping, you lean forward and get low to be symmetrical with the horse. 

X-Fashion Boho Outfit- I really like the neckline and look at the edges on the bottom. Nice flow! For $5.34. Ask yourself- would I make it for that?

i13 3 Stylish Tops   is $5.97, and I LOVE the black and white top in the third thumbnail. Actually, quite dressy and you can use with a skirt and jacket for business attire.

Thanks for the heads-up on FWSA Cosima! And I decided the same on Horse and Rider Poses and grabbed it, despite my initial disapointment.  

Lots of good tips and buys today! Luckily I wanted the horse trailer and thought the jetpacks might be fun for $1.32, so that made my 2 vehicles. And your idea with the toon car was cute. Trying to decide whether to grab them or wishlist them. I'm thinking I'll probably give in to tempation and get them today.

jakiblue said:

Also, the Road Eagle motorbike is in the Vehicles sale, AND in fast grab, so if you grab two vehicles - the Road Eagle and a free vehicle as Novica pointed out - the road eagle stacks and comes down to about $2.43. 

Naomi has a great set of poses for G3F that are for both the Road Eagle and the Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser by Polish. I've used them a lot with the ...Road Cruiser. They're sexy type pose rather than riding poses, but there are a couple that you can use as a starting point for riding. (I can never get the legs apart wide enough properly to do bike riding poses from scratch)

Wow. Nice catch. Grabbing the bike!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Glad you folks are helping spot things- I can't do the Hide What I Own and try to spot the good deals, because I'll get screwed up adding things to my cart that I already have. Plus there's only so many hours in the day.

Since I own a lot that means what I discuss here is usually only what I DON'T have, and it doesn't necessarily mean I'm buying what I show you (like I had to put the horse poses in the wishlist, etc.) but it does mean I like what I see, at least initially without trying them out. But I also have a very good feel for what the vendors' past products do. 

edited March 2017

Several things are cheaper today, so I'm probably going to buy them and get refunds or ask for the difference (usually I rebuy, but I may risk asking the difference. Is DAZ as good about that as they are total refunds?)

So different from sale prices of just a few days ago:

http://www.daz3d.com/sketchy-toon-edge-and-art-style-shaders-for-iray is $7.86 today, down from $11.23

http://www.daz3d.com/igd-valborg-poses-for-genesis-3-male is $5.65, down from about $9 as I recall  (I was disappointed that the artist did not include the G2M version she'd talked about, so didn't get it at the higher price.)

http://www.daz3d.com/cinematic-poses-for-daz-dragon-3 is $3.45, down from $4.60

http://www.daz3d.com/everyday-candy is $4.70, down from 6.72

http://www.daz3d.com/fw-mateo-hd-for-michael-7 is $3.96, down from $7.54

That's all I noticed from my purchases or almost purchases. Man, you can spend a lot of time looking at this stuff. I get to where I'm so tired, I'm not sure I care if I miss a deal. (Then after a night's rest, I wonder why I didn't keep on.)

Post edited by firewarden on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

The G2M version is listed as RDNA along with islandgirl and as we often have really good sales on RDNA, you may be able to nab them cheaper down the line. http://www.daz3d.com/igd_valborg ;

http://www.daz3d.com/igd-valborg-poses-for-genesis-3-male is $5.65, down from about $9 as I recall  (I was disappointed that the artist did not include the G2M version she'd talked about, so didn't get it at the higher price.)

Hmmm looking at those prices, I'm guessing you had two of the vehicles in your cart? It seems you're seeing the extra 30% off the new releases with two vehicles, cos I'm not getting those prices when I put just them in the cart.  

Several things are cheaper today, so I'm probably going to buy them and get refunds or ask for the difference (usually I rebuy, but I may risk asking the difference. Is DAZ as good about that as they are total refunds?)

So different from sale prices of just a few days ago:

http://www.daz3d.com/sketchy-toon-edge-and-art-style-shaders-for-iray is $7.86 today, down from $11.23

http://www.daz3d.com/cinematic-poses-for-daz-dragon-3 is $3.45, down from $4.60

http://www.daz3d.com/everyday-candy is $4.70, down from 6.72

http://www.daz3d.com/fw-mateo-hd-for-michael-7 is $3.96, down from $7.54

That's all I noticed from my purchases or almost purchases. Man, you can spend a lot of time looking at this stuff. I get to where I'm so tired, I'm not sure I care if I miss a deal. (Then after a night's rest, I wonder why I didn't keep on.)

Well, you can put two free vehicles in your cart. Does it make a difference when asking for a refund of the difference of prices? 

edited March 2017
    jakiblue said:

The G2M version is listed as RDNA along with islandgirl and as we often have really good sales on RDNA, you may be able to nab them cheaper down the line. http://www.daz3d.com/igd_valborg ;

Reposted below.

Post edited by firewarden on

I truly don't know. All you can do is ask. :) 

Well, you can put two free vehicles in your cart. Does it make a difference when asking for a refund of the difference of prices? 

edited March 2017

I don't rebuy, I put in the cart and do screenshots. It actually saves them work over in Support. And LOL they count on the fact that most people don't have the time to check prices.  devil

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2017

Well, if you have to buy things to get the discount, you'd have to buy those and put them in the cart and put the item in there that you would get cheaper, to show what price it would be. Then take it out of the cart and BUY THE QUALIFYING ITEMS ONLY. Tell Support you're showing you did indeed buy the qualifying items and show them that's the price of the item and you'd like the difference. At least that's what I've done in the past. (My experience with Support is that Jamie is ultra helpful, and Britany, and ... They try to help you get the best deal, in my experience.)

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

I don't rebuy, I put in the cart and do screenshots. It actually saves them work over in Support. And LOL they count on the fact that most people don't have the time to check prices.  devil

That's good to know. I thought total refunds would be easiest for them.

Novica said:

Well, if you have to buy things to get the discount, you'd have to buy those and put them in the cart and put the item in there that you would get cheaper, to show what price it would be. Then take it out of the cart and BUY THE QUALIFYING ITEMS ONLY. Tell Support you're showing you did indeed buy the qualifying items and show them that's the price of the item and you'd like the difference. At least that's what I've done in the past. (My experience with Support is that Jamie is ultra helpful, and Britany, and ... They try to help you get the best deal, in my experience.)

Okay. I'll do that.

@jakiblue,

Oh, totally zoned. I own the G2M version.     I own the M4 version. Is there a G2M version? Now I am so totally confused. Do you see a G2M version? I think that's what she said she was making, but I don't know if she was going to sell it separately or include. Here's the thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2121101/#Comment_2121101

OH! It is for M4! Sorry 'bout that, I just had 'G2' in my head and knew she'd made an earlier one. Sorry!!! 

@jakiblue,

Oh, totally zoned. I own the G2M version.     I own the M4 version. Is there a G2M version? Now I am so totally confused. Do you see a G2M version? I think that's what she said she was making, but I don't know if she was going to sell it separately or include. Here's the thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2121101/#Comment_2121101

@jakiblue, No worries! I got confused myself when I first looked at it and assumed G2M, then I had to search back through the forums to see what IslandGirl said.

edited March 2017

I'm not going to chat right now, I did start going back through and adding to the cart all the purchases (the sets in particular) to get screenshots of the prices when I had 2 vehicles (free ones) plus ONE of the new release I had just bought a few minutes ago. Show the price they are as of today, and within the 30 days, so I will get the difference. USE YOUR PRODUCT LIBRARY TO GET TO THESE FAST:

If you bought Terrazo, Highlands Temple, Streaming Hair, Genesis 3 Male Face and Body Morphs, Desert Villa, Everyday Candy, Sketchy Toon Edge and Art Style, Law Enforcement Outfits and the Textures, the Private Eye Bundle, Fairy Village- then you need to do the same. You only have an hour and a half before the site changes over!!! Put those in your cart and even if the site changes over, you'll have time to do the screenshots. Trust me, you want to do this. (And I'm not done.) Some things you may have gotten were Fast Grab, or not as good of deals, so these are the ones where you'll see a couple dollars (or more) difference:

Will add here as I go, time permitting:

House of Horror, College Girl Dorm Bundle, Sawyer (Gen3M)   Modern NY Loft Capsces Poses, 20.50 Cyberpunk Everyday Clothes (Genesis 3 Males)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2017

My differences come to $50.17  (Edit- showing you the differences in price in (  ) NOT the newest price.) 

The biggies were College Girl Dorm Bundle ($4.72)  Highlands Temple ($6.28)  Terrazo ($3.64)   Desert Villa ($4.05)   Sketchy Toon (blah blah) $3.37    Private Eye Bundle  $3.76
    The rest were still a couple dollars to three dollars on average.

The fast way to do this is go back to about March 1st in your emails. By opening those orders via email, you get the prices you PAID. Don't use the Orders history in Daz. You can then find them (in reverse order because the newest order is first, so you'll work backwards) in Product Library. Open them and put them in your cart. You can quickly compare the prices.

My prices are all based on shopping the smart way, if you didn't put two new releases in your cart when that would trigger more of a discount, or if you weren't a bonus buyer, you won't get the same differences. 

Post edited by Novica on

Nice savings! :)

Did you get Mateo?

Yep, sure did.  I just got him today, when he was steeply discounted to $3.95. 

Is that the College Dorm Bundle for $4.72...or do you mean there is a difference of 4.72 in price from yesterday to today (when putting two vehicles in)? 

Novica said:

My differences come to $50.17

The biggies were College Girl Dorm Bundle ($4.72)  Highlands Temple ($6.28)  Terrazo ($3.64)   Desert Villa ($4.05)   Sketchy Toon (blah blah) $3.37    Private Eye Bundle  $3.76
    The rest were still a couple dollars to three dollars on average.

The fast way to do this is go back to about March 1st in your emails. By opening those orders via email, you get the prices you PAID. Don't use the Orders history in Daz. You can then find them (in reverse order because the newest order is first, so you'll work backwards) in Product Library. Open them and put them in your cart. You can quickly compare the prices.

My prices are all based on shopping the smart way, if you didn't put two new releases in your cart when that would trigger more of a discount, or if you weren't a bonus buyer, you won't get the same differences. 

edited March 2017

Those are the differences in price.  I did an Edit to make that clear.  :) 

Post edited by Novica on

My difference only comes to $11, but I picked up several MM wishlisted items due to the better discount today. So very happy overall. Shiny!

Okay, refund request is in, with screenshots, calculations, etc. Very happy with new purchases. All full of ideas for animations and illustrations.

And yet, it is almost time for a new banner. Dilemma: go to bed and sleep through the changeover and miss the fun or stay up and read while eating chocolate easter eggs from France/Costco?

Decisions, decisions....

Only one answer to that...eat the easter eggs.  

Okay, refund request is in, with screenshots, calculations, etc. Very happy with new purchases. All full of ideas for animations and illustrations.

And yet, it is almost time for a new banner. Dilemma: go to bed and sleep through the changeover and miss the fun or stay up and read while eating chocolate easter eggs from France/Costco?

Decisions, decisions....

You guessed! wink

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Ten minutes to changeover - never going to manage making that list in time. Ah well, even if I hadn't overslept this morning, I don't keep the emails after the payment clears, so...

You beat me to it.  

I did go back (since I know I'm going to get $50 credit) and get the stuff I had taken out (Cosina and the horse poses. Put the free vehicles in again) and also added HP Prototypes. I will render for you next week hopefully, I have to stay on rigging. We're almost to the middle of March so remember to do some renders of products you like so we can do the March Top 3-5. I'm going to have to get busy too!

edited March 2017
    Nath said:

Ten minutes to changeover - never going to manage making that list in time. Ah well, even if I hadn't overslept this morning, I don't keep the emails after the payment clears, so...

Oh, so sorry! If you ever have a question on pricing during a sale, we can probably help you. Feel free to ask  wink  Edit- if you bought any of those that show a big difference, you can always PM me and we can see if your order had what I did. You can use Orders in Daz, it won't show the right price but it will show if you had the qualifying items and we can probably figure it out.

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.