Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2017

Oh, she is very lovely! I found quite a few gorgeous V3s over there for about $3 each and picked them up. Add those to the render list! I don't think I saw Earwyn though. Found some that were discontinued, so I grabbed the ones I liked most before they disappeared.

@IceDragonArt Yes, I think I have them all now, and need to render those too! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,712
    Llynara said:

Oh, she is very lovely! I found quite a few gorgeous V3s over there for about $3 each and picked a few up. Add those to the render list! I don't think I saw Earwyn though. Found quite a few that were discontinued, so grabbed the ones I liked most before they disappeared.

@IceDragonArt Yes, I think I have them all now, and need to render those too! 

Vendor is A_, but I just saw she's discontinued.

She was on RDNA too. She had some incredible pose sets that I picked up just before they closed. Wish I could've gotten more of them. 

edited March 2017

Here is Shahara for V3. She is really gorgeous! Her skin renders beautifully out of the box. I applied Anagenesis shaders and it looks even better. The hair is Gwenith by Lady Little Fox. I used OOT shaders and gave it a red gloss, which is why it looks a little funky. The hair has a lot of great morphs in it. You'll find them on the parameters tab when you click on the "neck" bone of the hair in the scene tab. 

This dress is one of several textures in Screen Goddess for MFD. I put an uber shader on it, but it still looks very flat and painted. It's gorgeous in 3Delight, so will render her in that engine next. I can't shade this texture because it messes up the MFD surfaces. I'm sure there's a way, but not with point and click shader sets. 

EDIT: I'm a dummy. I loaded the Poser 5 or whatever textures for the dress. There's an actual DAZ version. Let me try again! 

Note: I am missing a V3 Head Morph pack, so she has some of Vega's morphs and some of V3 default morphs here. 

Shahara_screen goddess.png
    1500 x 1438 - 2M
    edited March 2017

I don't see much difference between the Poser and DAZ textures. It looks a little painted but not bad. The only downfall of the MFD that I've found is that I can't reshade the material zones without completely changing the way it looks. I guess that's its weakness and strength- versatile textures across material zones and generations of the dress, but not customizable for reshading. 

Here's what she looks like in 3Delight vs Iray. I didn't change the lighting, so the 3Delight isn't going to look as good anyhow. I'm more interested in what the dress is supposed to look like. Iray seems to make some of the golds silver when it converts them. Not sure why. (Click for much larger pics.)

Shahara_screen goddess_3delight DAZ textures.png
    1500 x 1438 - 1M
    Shahara_screen goddess_Iray2.png
    1500 x 1438 - 2M
  • NathNath Posts: 2,712

Ooh, she does look nice - and I paid a whole 42 cents for her and the aged version too. Well worth it:-)

edited March 2017

Having fun with the V3s! This is Azrea, she comes with another character, Sylph. Who knew we had such beautiful elfish V3s running around? She's wearing the RDNA Morphing Fantasy Gown (retextured with Fabiana and Mec4D shaders) and Dancer Hair (OOT shaders.) Had a little fun adding a background and some mist in postwork. 

Azreal.jpg
    2044 x 2379 - 2M
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I'm enjoying seeing your work with V3, Llynara! Inspiring me to reinstall her and have a play. I have a bit of V3 stuff but I realized for some reason, I have no poses at all for her! will have to go on hunt for some free ones adn see what I can come up with. 

Glad you like it! I'm having fun. Feel free to join in. The more, the merrier! wink

I found a few poses with the base V3 stuff, under Poser Content->Pose->Daz's Victoria 3 (if I remember riight.) I just did a search for more free poses and found this: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Victoria_3/Poses

Evil Innnocence has quite a few on that list. And there are some at Share CG too. I'll be testing those out too.

edited March 2017

So just for fun, installed a few V3 things and had a play. Think I can safely say she won't be replacing my G3F. Heh. Her BENDS! Omg. I'd forgotten. Particularly the elbows and armpits. 

Also...I think she went cross eyed here. LOL. I might go back through my runtime tho and have a play with some really old sets/environments - see if shaders will make them look good. I'm a bit tired of spending money, so I think it's time to dig out older stuff that will work and use those. 

Anyway, here's V3 in iray. 

V3finaltest.png
    1100 x 1800 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited March 2017

Oh, she is adorable, jakiblue! You made her look so great! You certainly can't tell from the picture that she's got the bends, LOL. She looks so natural!

I actually find posing them pretty easy, but yes, a bit awkward at times. And trying to find where everything is can be a challenge (or a sport!)

I would love to know which character this is. She's very detailed. Love the hair and the outfit too! Great job!

edited March 2017

I had to put a long sleeved shirt on her because of how bad the armpits and elbow bends

It's "Lynara for V3" and she's wearing Annika hair from the Sheer and Sexy Bundle with clothing from Day at the Beach, using Fabric Factory iray shaders on it

And ha ha!!! I only just realized her name! *grin*

Llynara said:

Oh, she is adorable, jakiblue! You made her look so great! You certainly can't tell from the picture that she's got the bends, LOL. She looks so natural!

I actually find posing them pretty easy, but yes, a bit awkward at times. And trying to find where everything is can be a challenge (or a sport!)

I would love to know which character this is. She's very detailed. Love the hair and the outfit too! Great job!

Post edited by jakiblue on

LOL! I actually do remember her because of her name. I have her wishlisted. I just bought Lynara for V4 over at Rendo when she was on sale. I have to keep up with my namesakes! Hee hee

I will definitely check out those items. She really looks terrific!

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited March 2017

Yeah, Lynara for V3 actually turned out fantastic - one of my favorite V3 renders so far. 

I think her slightly crossed eyes are kinda cute. :) 

I think the way you used DoF really helps the render pop.  

Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Llynara said:

Thanks! I really love Vega. She's classically beautiful. I also picked up Shahara, one of Sydd's lovely characters. Many of them are in the RDNA/DAZ Original Deal and can be bought for pennies on the dollar today! Shahara also has an aged skin and an overlay set for many more options. Got them for around 20 cents each today! I'm downloading a bunch of stuff now and will post more renders soon.

Feel free to join in the fun here. Dig up your oldies but goodies and let's have a V3 party! (Or any golden oldies will do!) 

Ah, I picked her and the aged version, too.  You're doing really good with the older figures! :)

edited March 2017

If you're looking for MFD textures and V3 hair (as well as a few poses) check out Mylochka's gallery over at ShareCG. She has so much good stuff there! I'm going to try a few and see how they render in Iray.

And our own @Chohole has a very comprehensive website full of freebies and add on textures here.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2017

V3 looks good! But maybe she needs a friend.

Great thread Llynara and superb renders!

M3 in harpwood :

M3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 472K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
    edited March 2017

Yay, an M3! He's very handsome in Iray and in Harpwood. You did a great job on him, and I really like his facial hair. Is that the default M3? He's still fine after all these years, and V3 definitely needs some male companionship. Poor gal is lonely wink

• Thank you Llyanara.

I used http://www.daz3d.com/men-of-the-year (purchased in 2007, am I so old?) for the morph and the skin/beard (didn't update the shaders).

He is wearing http://www.daz3d.com/m3-everyday-wear with iray shaders.

Thanks, I just put those on my wishlist!

Also, I found that Sparky at ShareCG  has some great hair and outfit refits, particularly for M3. Makes a lot of the female hairs useable in fantasy and other renders. 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

wow , I never thought the old figures would work so nicely, I especially like the skin on the Lynara.  Still I guess I won't fill my hard drive with the V3 figures hehe

Ha ha, they are pretty small files, so it would be hard to fill it up wink

I found some V3 items at Content Paradise, quite a few of them free. And I found my Flamenco poses here at Daz! I'm excited to finally render that set and see what it looks like in Iray. Should be interesting. 

I'm hoping someone will pull out their old AerySoul/AwfulSoul V3 stuff and show it here. I've only got one or two of the V3 outfits from them - I always think they did their best work for that figure. 

edited March 2017

I don't have any of it. Would be cool to see. So much of what I find on Google is discontinued. Such a shame to lose such great older stuff. 

Here's a gorgeous character that is actually still for sale over at Rendo. This is a test render of Manhattan for V3, from Danae's Metropolitan Collection. The details are amazing. Hard to believe this character is so old! That's SAV's Athena hair on her. SAV's hairs fit just about any character out there and look great. 

V3 Manhattan_Iray.png
    1000 x 964 - 1M
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

She looks fantastic!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love her Metropolitan Collection, so many great figures in that.  You did a beautiful job with this one.  :)

Thanks- that's just a test render. Trying to figure out what to put her in and what kind of scene to do with her. She is fabulous! Danae has another V3 in her store that's on clearance. I grabbed her quickly before she disappears (though it looks like she's been on clearance for a while- someone commented about it last year.)

edited March 2017

Just messing around. I converted Angel of Light for A3 with Crossdresser (bought a license just for V3.) Had some weird issues with fit, but she's got her own character morphs. Still learning that program. I had to retexture the entire thing because it looked like mud in Iray. Good old Mec4D PBS shaders to the rescue. I may have gone overboard. I'm not wild about this pose, and I'm not sure her outfit goes with the new Cloud Haven HDRI, but that's a cool set and I wanted to render it. It certainly rendered fast!

So yeah, not bad. Still tinkering! 

V3 Manhattan_AOL.png
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    edited March 2017

Ok, I'm feeling this one much more. Valkyries for the win! This is V3 Manhattan in Skadi for V4. If you don't own this outfit, you should! It's amazing! The details are incredible and so are the morphs. The textures render beautifully in Iray. Look at those fur boots! And the colors! Gorgeous. All I did was throw an Uber shader over everything and reshaded the wings on the helmet with Mec4D shaders. 

So let's talk about fitting V4 items to V3. Some of them fit out of the box! The Skadi items come with many fitting morphs that made the job easy. I did use Cross Dresser to convert the leggings. Something is different in the hind end and legs going from V4 to V3, plus this Manhattan has her own custom morphs. I still need to tweak the toes of the boots a bit as well as the dress, but this is a very good test render. I think I'm going to add a V7 and a battlefield background.

Note: I'm new to using Cross Dresser and could be using it wrong, but so far I lose those fitting morphs when converting the item. So I would suggest first trying the original item on the character and seeing if you can make it work. There are ways to put morphs into items with Cross Dresser, but I just started using it yesterday and haven't had a chance to really go through the documentation. It's a great program that makes many items useable for older and unique characters. I can't wait to dig into it more!

V3 Manhattan_Skadi.png
    943 x 904 - 487K

She looks brilliant Llynara! what's the hair you used?