Pimp My Prop Now in Store [Commercial}

Comments

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

I like the idea at all very much. But some little thigs disturbed me ...

Like in the Fabricator the new texture will be placed on the whole shape of the model as tiled texture, but it doesn't follow the texture templates mapps like they are created with the UV mapping tools.

What I mean can you see on some pictures of the roof from Storm Castle. The textures doesn't look seamless at the edges.

That's something that happens 100 per cent of the time with all shaders except procedurals. There are always tradeoffs, and with shaders this is one of them. Shaders follow the model's MAT zones 100 per cent. If the maker has used a texture map to apply seamless textures, obviously a shader isn't going to do that.

It's up to each person to decide whether or not the benefits of using shaders in this way out weigh any negatives.

There is absolutely nothing I can do about this. Sorry.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Wow, much cheaper than i was guessing it was going to be

thanks

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    I thought it was about time I had another WIP thread

I didn't think of that before, but I saw it on the promos, so I had to look at the WIP picture again. I see you use FilterForge ;-)
    Now I'm proud ;-) I even recognize my medieval house walls texture filter, happy to see it used ;-)
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Marieah said:
    I thought it was about time I had another WIP thread

I didn't think of that before, but I saw it on the promos, so I had to look at the WIP picture again. I see you use FilterForge ;-)
    Now I'm proud ;-) I even recognize my medieval house walls texture filter, happy to see it used ;-)

You made that texture? Brilliant job, It's one of my favorites, Thank you. I hope you'll see it used now.

Yes, indeed I used Filter Forge and anything else I could get my hands on.

Here's a link to the product page:

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/pimp-my-prop

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:

You made that texture? Brilliant job, It's one of my favorites, Thank you. I hope you'll see it used now.

Thank you ;-)

My filter page: http://www.filterforge.com/filters/author9953-page1.html

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited January 2013

@Marieah: once again your amazing work remembers me, why I'm so fascinated of 3D-Art and it lets me wish, that we still would have the old PC vouchers ;-)

Post edited by Ghostpanther on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

..cool. On the wishlist until Payday Tuesday..

edited December 1969

@Marieah: once again your amazing work remembers me, why I'm so fascinated of 3D-Art and it lets me wish, that we still would have the old PC vouchers ;-)

Thanks Ghostpanther. I priced it so you wouldn't need the voucher so badly.

Tomorrow I'm launching the Second Annual Kit Bashing Contest with lots of great prizes and a new Prop Pimping section so people will get a chance to show what they can do.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Looks good, but will it work in DS4?

• edited December 1969

I'm so excited this out! Thanks so much for all your work on this. I can think of dozens of ways to use this. :)

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Tomorrow I'm launching the Second Annual Kit Bashing Contest with lots of great prizes and a new Prop Pimping section so people will get a chance to show what they can do.

Sounds awesome. Should be the very thing to get me out of the rendering slump I've been in recently.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Lol at the products new name :)

Straight in the cart and checked out.

I can see many old props being dusted down, spruced up and used.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Looks good, but will it work in DS4?

It needs 4.5. At the time I saved the presets, I was unaware that 4.5 could save dsa files. Sorry.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:

Thanks Ghostpanther. I priced it so you wouldn't need the voucher so badly.

And I'm glad about it, but at the moment I'm so low on money, that I can only hope, your shaders stay very, very long at this price :red:

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    edited December 1969

Aghh! Will you people ever stop making new things for me to buy?

Seriously, though, this is wonderful. I've been using other shaders to do the same thing, but this is an incredible selection of exterior textures! In the cart it goes and ka-ching!

So when is set 2 - the Super-technology version - coming? :cheese:

edited December 1969

Not any time soon I'm afraid. :-)

Are you talking about Sci Fi surfaces? I'm not sure. I don't render Sci Fi so I'm not sure I'd do it justice.

edited December 1969

Marieah said:

Are you talking about Sci Fi surfaces? I'm not sure. I don't render Sci Fi so I'm not sure I'd do it justice.

Not so much sci-fi as modern building materials, especially things like concrete, acoustical tiles, metal sidings and especially metal gratings and bars. I've got a pile of poser models that I don't use much because I either have to re-tweak the materials for DS, or because they're way TOO weathered, grungified or sci-fi-esque, so a followup set with a product name like "Urban Renewal" would be a huge boon.

edited December 1969

Marieah said:

Not so much sci-fi as modern building materials, especially things like concrete, acoustical tiles, metal sidings and especially metal gratings and bars. I've got a pile of poser models that I don't use much because I either have to re-tweak the materials for DS, or because they're way TOO weathered, grungified or sci-fi-esque, so a followup set with a product name like "Urban Renewal" would be a huge boon.

Everything you've mentioned here except the acoustic tiles is in Pimp My Prop.

• kimreb55thkimreb55th Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just like to say that I love this set and will have plenty of fun with it. I was just playing around with it and came up with the image below. It is the Genesis base figure with Ph Classic hair and the Roman tunic and one of the marble textures applied.

I really hope there are some expansion packs for this set.

Statue.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 106K
    edited December 1969

...oooh, I didn't think abut that.

Only four days to go. Hope it stays on sale until then.

edited January 2013

Just like to say that I love this set and will have plenty of fun with it. I was just playing around with it and came up with the image below. It is the Genesis base figure with Ph Classic hair and the Roman tunic and one of the marble textures applied.

Very Nice! I hadn't really thought about using the marbles like that - I was too focused on all those buildings with the columns that our runtimes are bursting with. lol But it's a great idea for the Kit Bashing contest that is now live in this forum. There's even a special category for clothing kit bashes textured with non cloth shaders...

If it sells well, I can certainly do expansions. There are lots of stone and new textures I didn't include and I can generate all kinds of different marble.

Kyoto Kid, you have plenty of time to pick this up.

Post edited by Marieah on
  • edited December 1969

I'll totally buy all expansion packs! I can't get enough of these. :)

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

you probably mentioned on an earlier thread but is this DS only or will it be for poser too. How does it look on dreamhome?
    Love esther

edited December 1969

esther said:
    you probably mentioned on an earlier thread but is this DS only or will it be for poser too. How does it look on dreamhome?
    Love esther

It's DS 4.5 only and works fine on Dream Home.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

okay. thanks for the info.
    love esther

• kimreb55thkimreb55th Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:

Very Nice! I hadn't really thought about using the marbles like that - I was too focused on all those buildings with the columns that our runtimes are bursting with. lol But it's a great idea for the Kit Bashing contest that is now live in this forum. There's even a special category for clothing kit bashes textured with non cloth shaders...

If it sells well, I can certainly do expansions. There are lots of stone and new textures I didn't include and I can generate all kinds of different marble.

Kyoto Kid, you have plenty of time to pick this up.

Thanks Marieah. As I said, I was just playing with it and that was just a test render. I know the set was geared towards buildings, but when I saw the marble textures it made me think and I wanted to see how it would work on people. As I was pleased with the result I thought I would post it.

I hope it does sell well as I am already looking forward to the expansion packs.

edited December 1969

I hope it does sell well as I am already looking forward to the expansion packs.

Ditto that! I was out of town but couldn't wait to play with these, so I loaded up a new copy of DS4.5 and tried out a few on the base genesis figure. Pretty darn spiffy.

PMP_Shader_test_1_SM.jpg
    1152 x 1490 - 426K
    edited December 1969

Ditto that! I was out of town but couldn't wait to play with these, so I loaded up a new copy of DS4.5 and tried out a few on the base genesis figure. Pretty darn spiffy.

...the straw man...that's pretty cool.

edited December 1969

Marieah said:

Not any time soon I'm afraid. :-)

...what about gungy?

edited December 1969

Okay... I've run into something that I figure there IS a solution for, but I'm still a novice with shaders. I'm using the astroturf shader to turn the office lady outfit into something a bit flashier for my OOL (Orangutan Office Lady,) but the shader keeps punching through the fabric layers where the ruffle passes over the coat. Obviously I can fix it in photoshop by rendering two versions, but it seems like there ought to be a way to do it in one pass. Any suggestions as to what I'm missing?

OOL_-_Pt_1-1.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 368K